User Reviews for Mycophenolic acid

Also known as: Myfortic

Mycophenolic acid has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Dermatomyositis  Off-label
Rejection Prophylaxis
10.0
Summary of Mycophenolic acid reviews 9.0 6 reviews

Anonymous August 25, 2009

Myfortic (mycophenolic acid) for Rejection Prophylaxis: “I had a liver and kidney transplant and have been on Myfortic for at least 4 years after being switched from regular mycophenalate. Both medicines have worked well for me for years. The only negative I've had is periods of severe diarrhea with very little ability to control it. Once the dose was lowered this symptom is now tolerable.”

SCJHKJ June 26, 2009

Myfortic (mycophenolic acid) for Rejection Prophylaxis: “Due to a lung transplant I have been on Myfortic for just under a year. During this time I've had two high potassium episodes where I was hospitalized due to eating to many dark green vegetables. Even with the side effects this drug along with Prednisone and Prograf have proven very effective.”

Forceuser September 30, 2016

For Rejection Prophylaxis: “Have muscle weakness, anxious , extreme joint pain, shaky hands some tingly numbness in fingers and feet, restless sleep crying at the drop of a hat, iribility nervousness, forgetfulness and short term memory loss. But I'm alive and thankful to God for my transplant. Heart transplant 2005 at the University of Kentucky Hospital.”

Nadie November 10, 2020

For Dermatomyositis: “I’ve been taking mycophenolic acid for a year and my symptoms are well controlled with no side effects whatsoever. It is pricier than Cellcept (copay is $100 per month!) but Cellcept made my heart race.”

lfair32 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2020

For Dermatomyositis: “Started originally on Cellcept and felt significantly better and Dermatomyositis rash was well controlled until I had sudden onset of GI symptoms. Doc immediately took me off then started me on Myfortic and although GI is better I don't think it works as well as Cellcept. I may be considering a change to MTX.”

Nhartley December 5, 2010

Myfortic (mycophenolic acid) for Dermatomyositis: “Had no side effects. ”