User Reviews for Firazyr to treat Hereditary Angioedema

Firazyr has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 33% reported a negative experience.

Firazyr rating summary

7.5/10 average rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema.

CoachDriver · June 23, 2013

"Dealing with Hereditary Angioedema since I've been 12, now 40. This is a God send! Works great for me and my brother, pain and swelling quickly dissipates depending on attack. My sister tried it, but not her favorite due to burning she gets..we haven't experienced anything other that a little redness! This is one small step in helping us deal with this disease. "

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 24, 2017

"This does not really work. With a throat attack it provides some relief. Even after I have taken the drug with one attack I will still get another attack within an hour of taking the drug. It doesn't stop or reduce swelling in any part of my body especially my face. If I take the shot for one eye it will continue to swell and the other eye begins to swell and that's after a second shot. I'm not sure how well it works for other but for me it is useless."

SwellMom · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 30, 2015

"I am an unusual case in that I started experiencing attacks before I could walk. I swell more frequently and severely than any other member of my considerably large family. Unfortunately, Firazyr has provided minimal relief. It has slowed the onset of swelling, but did not stop it all together. That being said, I am grateful for any relief I can get during an attack, so I would encourage everyone to try Firazyr to treat their own episodes."

Sunbeads · Taken for 5 to 10 years · August 29, 2022

"My first HAE attack was at 10 years old and I'm 66 now. Firazyr has made an amazing improvement in my life. I only use it when the swelling is in or around my neck/throat which is about every 3-4 weeks and it halts the advance of the swelling almost immediately. It does NOT make it go away, but it stops it from getting worse. The swelling that is already there will slowly dissipate. My fear and anxiety levels are greatly reduced knowing I have the Firazyr and I have had 0 ER visits since starting it years ago. It's easy to use and other than a burning sensation during injection I have no side effects. I only wish it had been around when my Dad was alive."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · December 10, 2012

"Firazyr stopped the swelling from HAE and also reduced the swelling within about 45 minutes. The sooner you treat with Firazyr, at the onset of symptoms, the better the result."

Bobby fresh ham · Taken for 5 to 10 years · April 17, 2019

"I am 85 yrs old & have had HAE (Hereditary Angioedema) since I was 13, for me Firazyr is a miracle drug. I wish it was cheaper."