User Reviews for Amlodipine / valsartan

6.1

Summary of Amlodipine/valsartan reviews 6.1 53 reviews

Reviews for Amlodipine/valsartan

joey dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Got my blood pressure down all right but gives me stomach discomfort and diarrhea/loose stools which is a major problem for me as it would be for anybody unless you're home most of the time. Going on 1/2 dose breaking in half see if improves that problem and keeps my pressure down."

UC · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "A week of hell on this drug. Sun sensitivity, numbness in my calves as if wading through water, headaches, dry mouth, dry eyes, soreness behind eyeballs, nausea, extreme heartbeats, high pulse rate, no appetite, weight loss, dehydration, cold clammy skin, uncontrollably sweating, hoarseness. Doctor took me off immediately when blood pressure fell uncontrollably to 87/47. Once I stopped I felt like a new person."

Weezer · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I was on metoprolol for several years it kept my BP at 140/100 and sometimes lower, but then my body adjusted and my BP was all over the charts. 3 specialist later I ended up taking 4 pills in the morning and 2 every evening a totally of 6 pills per day. New doctor said those doses were too high. I was sent to another specialist 5 days ago and he started me on Exforge 2nd day I was in emergency room because I felt like I was having a heart attack, could not stand up without heart and pulse rate out of control. 3rd day I ended up at my house doctors practice to explain everything. Was told to take metoprolol with new meds. Today BP dropped overnight to 94/60 from 149/101, almost fainted. Side effects now dizziness, chest cramps, no appetite, dry eyes."

Dree · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "This drug caused my heart and pulse to go out of control as well as nausea and at one point numbness in my calves and knees. The heart beating was so terrible I went to the emergency room. I also felt tingling throughout my scalp."

Andy · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 16, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Why is this medicine being recalled? Same reason as others? Coming up with recalls just to get rid of the good medications ?"

Cj · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I started taking exforge 2 months ago and feel terrible. I have severe dizziness, palpitations and lethargy. Doctor wants me to continue taking medication but I’ve stopped. It makes me feel like I’m having a heart attack"

Davo · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 1, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Exforge has worked well for me. No known side effects for me."

Shelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2018

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I had been on 10mg of Norvasc for years. After seeing my primary care doctor in January, she suggested I try Exforge. My bp was 170/80. Taking 5/160, made me feel suck to the stomach, dizzy and I had developed an itch."

Phil March 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My bp is always high (170/110). This is the first time I've taken this combination of 40mg valsartan with 2.5mg amlodipine( 5mg in half). Within 2 hours bp down to 110/80.So far so good"

rebbeach June 19, 2017

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I been on hypertension meds for 30 years . First I was on irbesartian didn't do a thing for me. Then metoprolol gave me chest pains to the point wondering if I should dial 911. Been on exforge for 7 months worked like a charm and not one single side effects."

Bahko · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2017

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Ended up hospitalized for 5 days due to major leg pain in both legs"

Ang2322 January 31, 2017

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Is anyone else experiencing severe heart palpations with exforge?"

Leeleo · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 28, 2016

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Exforge for about 8 years. My doctor increased the dosage to 320/10 several years ago. It wasn't until I read these reviews and side effects that I realised that the issues I have been having are related to the Exforge I have been taking. I have chronic back pain, sinusitis a constant cough and sore and painful legs that make walking difficult. In the last 18 months my symptoms have gotten much worse with oedema in my feet and often discolouration due to bleeding from the small blood vessels in my legs. In addition I have become unable to walk far without becoming breathless. I also have small urine output. Despite this my BP is regularly 170/90. No doctor has made me aware my symptoms are the result of side effects."

berio June 29, 2016

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Exforge for 10 years. I now have 3 stage kidney failure. My Doctor told me it was Exforge."

Hampton jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2016

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Good but soreness in Achilles tendon"

Kathykay · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started seeing a new doctor who took my off the metoprolol and amlodopine that I had been on for 5 years with blood pressure readings of 125-132/68-78; and started me on exforge. Blood pressure was not controlled on the medication with readings of 170-180/90, so she added maxzide daily. I started having muscle spasms with the maxzide; so her answer to that was for me to take half of the maxzide and she ordered potassium which I had so many side effects from . She seemed reluctant to put me back on the original medications until she sees me in the office. She had no problem ordering the maxzide and potassium on the phone without seeing my in the office; so when I seen my cardiologist he took care of that problem and put me back on my original med"

Rajesh kumar k December 28, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been using the exforge 10/160 medicine for the last 6-7 years. My blood pressure is controlled but now a days I feel too tired and sleepy feeling all the time."

Botete · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 19, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Unable to control blood pressure consistently. Just had a stroke. Bp shoots up at night."

ArkansasPeach June 22, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Exforge for more than 5 years and it's kept my BP down. First I used Exforge that has the diuretic in it and since the doctor changed that, I need to use an over the counter diuretic. I haven't experienced any side effects that I can definitely say are related to use of Exforge. It has doubled in price this year with the release of the generic which did NOTHING for me."

taming May 28, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Been taking Exforge 5/160 for 1 month and I can't shake this tired feeling. I'm having anxiety issues and weight lose! My pressure is coming down but I don't like this tired feeling! I'm taking the genetic brand and it cost only $4! I hope my doctor will change it next week."

Anonymous January 27, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Very expensive cannot afford this medicine. Along with Metoprolol it has lowered my blood pressure but I have noticed tremendous amount of hair loss."

Nair C April 21, 2014

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I am on Exforge for the past 6 months. I am happy with the results especially after taking Lodoz and didn't see any positive results. However, like many have mentioned in this post, I am also having a dry cough and phlegm which was not there before, plus weight gain at a slow pace. I am a bit concerned about this."

Cassiej · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2013

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have had high blood pressure for about 11 years now, and have been on so many different medicines. Doctor tried me on 3 different medicines and the 3rd one (EXFORGE 10/160) worked like a charm. My blood pressure would usually get as high as 180/90. I have had some swelling in my feet and ankles but hasn't been that bad. EXFORGE has lowered my blood pressure to 125/60."

sd1234 January 29, 2013

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Exforge for about 24 months. When I first started taking Exforge my heart would race fast for the first three weeks. My blood pressure was controlled well for the next fourteen months. My BP started to rise again to higher levels than I was used to seeing 154/94 in docs office. Developed a chronic cough sore throat, and sinus issue lasting nearly six months. Misdiagnosed as strep, Flu, Bacterial infection, and then five months into it an allergist (the only doc that listened) tells me it is a common side effect for the Exforge. I stopped taking it today. Hopefully my symptoms will clear up in a few days, as a prior posting had written."

lullyj · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 1, 2013

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have lost aBout twelve pounds. I am skinny and don't need to lose weight."