User Reviews for Amlodipine / valsartan

Also known as: Exforge

Learn more about Amlodipine/valsartan.

High Blood Pressure 41 reviews 264 medications

6.2
Summary of Amlodipine/valsartan reviews 41 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Amlodipine/valsartan

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Exforge for about 8 years. My doctor increased the dosage to 320/10 several years ago. It wasn't until I read these reviews and side effects that I realised that the issues I have been having are related to the Exforge I have been taking. I have chronic back pain, sinusitis a constant cough and sore and painful legs that make walking difficult. In the last 18 months my symptoms have gotten much worse with oedema in my feet and often discolouration due to bleeding from the small blood vessels in my legs. In addition I have become unable to walk far without becoming breathless. I also have small urine output. Despite this my BP is regularly 170/90. No doctor has made me aware my symptoms are the result of side effects."

Leeleo (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 28, 2016

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Exforge for 10 years. I now have 3 stage kidney failure. My Doctor told me it was Exforge."

berio June 29, 2016

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Good but soreness in Achilles tendon"

Hampton jim (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started seeing a new doctor who took my off the metoprolol and amlodopine that I had been on for 5 years with blood pressure readings of 125-132/68-78; and started me on exforge. Blood pressure was not controlled on the medication with readings of 170-180/90, so she added maxzide daily. I started having muscle spasms with the maxzide; so her answer to that was for me to take half of the maxzide and she ordered potassium which I had so many side effects from . She seemed reluctant to put me back on the original medications until she sees me in the office. She had no problem ordering the maxzide and potassium on the phone without seeing my in the office; so when I seen my cardiologist he took care of that problem and put me back on my original med"

Kathykay (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2016

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been using the exforge 10/160 medicine for the last 6-7 years. My blood pressure is controlled but now a days I feel too tired and sleepy feeling all the time."

Rajesh kumar k December 28, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Unable to control blood pressure consistently. Just had a stroke. Bp shoots up at night."

Botete (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Exforge for more than 5 years and it's kept my BP down. First I used Exforge that has the diuretic in it and since the doctor changed that, I need to use an over the counter diuretic. I haven't experienced any side effects that I can definitely say are related to use of Exforge. It has doubled in price this year with the release of the generic which did NOTHING for me."

ArkansasPeach June 22, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Been taking Exforge 5/160 for 1 month and I can't shake this tired feeling. I'm having anxiety issues and weight lose! My pressure is coming down but I don't like this tired feeling! I'm taking the genetic brand and it cost only $4! I hope my doctor will change it next week."

taming May 28, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Very expensive cannot afford this medicine. Along with Metoprolol it has lowered my blood pressure but I have noticed tremendous amount of hair loss."

Anonymous January 27, 2015

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I am on Exforge for the past 6 months. I am happy with the results especially after taking Lodoz and didn't see any positive results. However, like many have mentioned in this post, I am also having a dry cough and phlegm which was not there before, plus weight gain at a slow pace. I am a bit concerned about this."

Nair C April 21, 2014

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have had high blood pressure for about 11 years now, and have been on so many different medicines. Doctor tried me on 3 different medicines and the 3rd one (EXFORGE 10/160) worked like a charm. My blood pressure would usually get as high as 180/90. I have had some swelling in my feet and ankles but hasn't been that bad. EXFORGE has lowered my blood pressure to 125/60."

Cassiej (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2013

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Exforge for about 24 months. When I first started taking Exforge my heart would race fast for the first three weeks. My blood pressure was controlled well for the next fourteen months. My BP started to rise again to higher levels than I was used to seeing 154/94 in docs office. Developed a chronic cough sore throat, and sinus issue lasting nearly six months. Misdiagnosed as strep, Flu, Bacterial infection, and then five months into it an allergist (the only doc that listened) tells me it is a common side effect for the Exforge. I stopped taking it today. Hopefully my symptoms will clear up in a few days, as a prior posting had written."

sd1234 January 29, 2013

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have lost aBout twelve pounds. I am skinny and don't need to lose weight."

lullyj (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2013

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "My life has become a blood pressure medication horror story. Bad side effects with every medicine. Exforge worked to control my BP, but caused significant ankle/feet edema and peripheral neuropathy (feet) that has sidelined my athletic lifestyle. "

Enough Already (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2012

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Wish I had seen these reviews earlier. Have been on Exforge 5/160 for 2 years, recently upped to 10/160. It has brought my blood pressure down. Knew the side effects of the cough, and I can deal with it. I didn't know why I was tired all the time, and became anxious when I had that "heavy" feeling, with the tingling. Saw these reviews and asked the doctor about it and he admitted that it may be what was causing my problems. Now that I know what is causing it, I feel much better about it."

Anonymous December 7, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Exforge worked well for me in controlling my blood pressure. On Exforge my blood pressure would be ideal, 125/75. The main problem I had was fatigue and reduced energy. I'm a serious cyclist and know that Exforge suppressed my physical strength. It appears it's the amlodipine component that does it. Trying Azor now."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I am taking Exforge 5/220 for 6 weeks now. I take it mornings and within 30 minutes I start feeling sick on my stomach. Blood pressure is down some but I feel tired all the time and have a dull headache. Going to see my doctor this week and ask to be taken off. I can't stand the nausea, or staying tired. I have always slept 5 hours a night and always had energy. Now I sleep 8 or 9 hours and yawn all day. The only other medicines I take are Synthroid and Bystolic, 5mg tablet. I take the Bystolic at bedtime so it doesn't cause the nausea. This is about the 6th medicine I have tried, maybe I am allergic to blood pressure medicines. It gets trying."

luvncurli2 October 17, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I used exforge for approx 2 months at first. It was ok no real side effects but after 2 months could hardly walk as muscles in legs were so sore. Also weight gain approx 5 kilos. After I stopped taking the medicine, within 2 days the sore legs stopped. Still having trouble losing weight gain."

Anonymous October 5, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Exforge for months now. I'm having trouble with heart beating fast. Tired all the time. It has my blood pressure down but I don't feel well."

Tbone3679 July 22, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "My cardiologist put me on ExForge 10/320 about 6 mos ago. I began to develop a severe cough that became chronic with phlegm. I coughed day and night, I was just miserable. I told my family physician and he suggested it was the ExForge. I stopped taking it and in one and a half days, my cough has almost stopped completely."

Sweetpea444 April 6, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I had tried a number of medications for high blood ressure and this is the first one that consistently worked. If I took it in the morning without eating I would feel nauseous, but if I take it at night I have no bad side effects. I really like this medication."

Anonymous January 26, 2011

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Used Exforge for past 5 months. Had blood pressure of 160/90 and experienced swelling in feet. It did get my blood pressure down from 160/90 to 120/67. Causes slight light headedness, because of that, will try lisinopril."

Anonymous August 29, 2010

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Exforge for a few months and started getting headaches."

Anonymous August 27, 2010

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I been taking a combination of Exforge 10 mg/320 mg and a prescription diuretic for about 7 months and it works great together with very little side effects."

Noraine July 9, 2010

Exforge (amlodipine / valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure was not controlled sufficiently with amlodipine 5mg. I take Exforge 5/160 and my pressure has never been better. My blood pressure was averaging 140/90 with amlodipine, and now with Exforge, my pressure is 118/72."

Anonymous June 13, 2010