A+D Diaper Rash
Generic name: Dimethicone and Zinc Cream [ dye-METH-i-kone-& zink ]
Brand names: A+D Diaper Rash, Benson’s Bottom Paint, Dr. Boldt’s Hiney Healer
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 14, 2023.
Uses of A+D Diaper Rash:
- It is used to treat diaper rash.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take A+D Diaper Rash?
- If you have an allergy to dimethicone, zinc, or any other part of A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream).
- If you are allergic to A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream); any part of A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take A+D Diaper Rash?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with the doctor if the area has open wounds or very bad skin irritation.
- If signs get worse or last for more than 7 days, talk with the doctor.
- Some brands may stain clothing or fabric. Check with your pharmacist if you have any questions about your brand.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (A+D Diaper Rash) best taken?
Use A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you are using under a diaper, change the diaper often. Clean the affected area and allow it to dry. Use the drug with each diaper changed, especially at bedtime.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- This medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of A+D Diaper Rash?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out A+D Diaper Rash?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about A+D Diaper Rash (dimethicone and zinc cream), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about dimethicone / zinc oxide topical
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.