User Reviews for Geodon

5.8
Summary of Geodon reviews 141 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Geodon

Review by mikrw33 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I switched recently to this medicine from Latuda due to akathisia and lack of effectiveness. It has work wonders on my mood. It has paired up with Zoloft to make a solid team of an antidepressant/mood stabilizer combination. I feel like I can do much more now, my sociability has increased%u2014even my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder have been helped by it! My experience on this medicine has been better overall in the past month I've been on it than the two years I was on Latuda. The only negative side effect so far is sexual side effects.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 12:50 PM

Review by Bipolar I since 1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: This med simply did nothing for me. Had to switch back to Seroquel. Looking at taking Latuda.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 6:54 PM

Review by David from AZ (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I have taking Geodon almost a year now for schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. I always wondered why my doctor never prescribe me anything for bipolar mania and depression but it turns out the Geodon is used for this. I can say that has helped me tremendously. Manias hardly there anymore and sexual appetite has decreased. My wants and need to shop in excess is gone almost. I do have to say though that I have major erectile dysfunction. I take 80 milligrams twice a day with food very important or doesn't absorb.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 4:21 PM

Review by Austistic Angel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Autism: My daughter has autism and ADHD, she has been extremely violent from a baby. Specialists had her on Risperdal which did help initially then they added different antidepressants and also Ritalin. Once she started on the Zeldox it was nothing short of a miracle for us. After a few weeks she is functioning like a "normal" child.. We cannot believe it. Even strangers come up to us to say how good our daughter is as they have seem her before. I know that there is no "cure" for autism but after years and years of animal like behaviour and violence I can honestly say its like a miracle for us. I just hope and pray that it lasts. She has experienced dystonia with it and we have reduced it, but its like it has flicked a switch on in her brain.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 4:44 AM

Review by RachelleHostler:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking Geodon for about four weeks. Before that I was on Quetiapine which works well but gave me horrible weight gain (their paper says 10 pounds a year average and I gained 23 in 6 week! Still eating well too!) I have had minor side effects. When I first take it, it affects my concentration. I have a hard time driving and specifically moving things like looking at the road make me sleepy. If I'm not driving (or looking at the road specifically) my tiredness seems to be much better. I have had some short term memory problems especially if I'm stressed at the same time. Other than that this med has worked well for me and is keeping my weight down. Now I just have to exercise off the 23 pound belly and thighs the quetiapine gave me.

November 19, 2014 9:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Heart palpitations. Scarey shakey

October 26, 2014 12:53 AM

Review by bruja174 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: After no sleeping for several days, in my mayor maniac crisis ever, I started in Geodon. It's been magical. No side effects at all. Couldn't recommend it better. Of course, is my experience.

October 10, 2014 12:40 AM

For Bipolar Disorder: Legs/ankles swell. Get more sleepless and agitated, jittery.

October 1, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by BipolarPatient:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have only been on Geodon a few days and I can't tolerate it. I feel intoxicated, can't type very well, and am already having some involuntary movements in my face. I am not taking it tonight and will see my doctor tomorrow and request something else.

September 16, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Marvin73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been taking Geodon for about 10 months now and unfortunately it has given me erectile dysfunction. I started to reduce the dosage in order to stop but not taking it affects my mood tremendously. Without it I feel hopeless, I cry a lot and it is difficult for me to get out of bed. However, I can't risk it affecting my sexual well-being (I sincerely hope it's not too late!) So I guess Geodon did not help me and my bipolar disorder.

September 9, 2014 4:36 PM

Review by dserpa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Geodon has worked wonders for me, being diagnosed with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, major depression and an anxiety disorder. I take 160 mg at bedtime along with Wellbutrin in the morning and Cymbalta twice daily. I took more Geodon than the Dr recommended because I wanted it to help me sleep again, and it gave me minor twitches but I'm back to my regular dosage so I wouldn't recommend taking more than your Dr prescribes. Other than the twitches I love the medicine and would recommend it to anyone with like disorders. I've been on the medicine for almost three months.

August 27, 2014 5:58 PM

Review by ejconant (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Horrendous side effects: acute dystonic reaction, laryngospasm, somnolence

May 25, 2014 1:14 AM

Review by nursingstudent13:

For Bipolar Disorder: After having about the worst case of bipolar one you can imagine...yes I was hospitalized twice... I am a productive and absolutely a normally functioning member of society. I am in nursing school for my BSN at a very esteemed university and am married happily. The only thing I don't like about Geodon is if I'm manic and have to take it during the day instead of before bed.... I literally eat 3x as much as I normally would. Other than that this medicine has saved my life.

March 29, 2014 7:52 PM

Review by dmh7579 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Bipolar Disorder: When I got on this I was self-diagnosed with depression, and tried about a dozen antidepressants without getting better. My gyno, who was prescribing, said I had to see a psychiatrist because he was scared he'd 'scramble my brain'. I was diagnosed with A-typical bipolar and put on Geodon and Lamictal. The Lamictal did nothing, but in 3 days I went from work or just being in bed the rest of the time gorging on food and not wanting to be bothered to feeling much much better. I started on 30mg and am now on 80, about 10 years later. I highly recommend this for bipolar. I've lately started getting into bipolar depression again, though not like it used to be, and am trying a medicine with great reviews that I'd never heard of called Symbyax.

March 7, 2014 2:00 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I started taking Geodon back in May or June of 2013. It worked well enough but made me indifferent. Yes, it did help me get out of an incredibly long and terrible state of depression, but I lost the ability to feel anything at all. My legs would become restless (most often at night) and I was always exhausted. I would even doze off or completely fall asleep at work. I stayed on it for a few months then stopped taking it when I started a hypomanic phase.

February 15, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I started taking this medication about 6-7 months ago. The first (and only) side effect I experienced while taking it was drowsiness; it made me extremely tired to the point that I was sleeping 12-14 hours a night, I would wake up exhausted, and around noontime I would have to take a 1-2 hour nap. Overtime, my body adjusted to the medication and I am no longer tired on it. Overall, this medication has helped me significantly. I had a manic episode associated with bipolar disorder, and psychosis along with it. Geodon helped clear my mind, and it has given me virtually no side effects. I used to take it three times a day with food, then I dropped it to two times a day, and now I only take it once a day. I take this medication for bipolar.

February 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by liberty69 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Geodon has been great for me. It balances out my moods. I'm weaning down off Lamictal because it just didn't do the trick. Geodon makes me feel more "smooth" I guess, not apathetic, but just my overall mood is on an even keel, without taking away from the creativity I like to display.

February 8, 2014 8:09 AM

Review by tatajack (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizophrenia: I was given numerous medications to treat my condition and many of them just put me in a daze and made me sleep all day and couldn't function, And my psychiatrist then put me on geodon and was monitoring my condition and slowly increased my dosage and my condition started to improve to the point that I can now function to a point in society, I can understand now when I start to feel paranoid and hear voices that their only in my head and are not real, and I come back to reality and calm myself down, geodon has help me more than thorazin or seriquil, I take 80mg in the morning and 160mg at night,I've been able to sleep up to 6 hrs now,I feel good and I'm not tired and now I can actually eat in restraunts,I've been taking it for 3 yrs.

January 18, 2014 1:01 AM

Review by L in Louisville:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I am 64 and have been diagnosed with a bipolar disorder by some mental health clinicians and a schizo-affective disorder by others. Off and on I have had auditory hallucinations which for the last couple of months have been constant. I was hospitalized for a week and switched from Zyprexa to Geodon. I noticed a difference within the first 24 hours. Now, I am back home and have no hallucinations. Miraculous! I stop and listen for the hallucinations, but they simply are not there. It will take a while for me to "trust" the medication, but nothing has worked so well without severe side effects. So far, I am delighted.

January 12, 2014 12:32 AM

Review by tripp2007 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Horrible! I have done nothing but sleep... I was on 40mg for a few days, I have quit taking it. After 3 days I have literally gained 2 lbs.. I never gain weight, I have been the same weight for the last 5 years.. This is medicine might help some people, but not me.

November 13, 2013 5:27 PM

Review by Serenaa357 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Ive only been taking it for 3 DAYS. Gave me every side effect in the book. I'm currently up all night its 3:14 and I have to be at school at 8. Also, I have been nonstop shaking and have devoured four whole bags of chips. This medicine is NOT good. Not for bipolar at least

November 9, 2013 3:16 AM

Review by pyrofatty (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Other then feeling numb on geodon (partly I think my antidepressant too) I love it. I've been on geodon for a little over a year. Honestly I'll probably die taking this drug. It has saved me and brought me back to reality, after a mania-induced psychosis a year and a half ago. I'm almost never paranoid anymore, I can function in my day to day life, I am stable. I've even been able to cut down dramatically on how much I take.

November 6, 2013 5:49 PM

Review by SanchezMD (taken for less than 1 month):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: It keeps my head more clearer in thought. The voices have toned down and less hallucinations. I just do not like some of the side effects but I got used to them after a while.

October 6, 2013 6:31 PM

Review by Me an You:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have a 10 yr old daughter ( Bi Polar, Anxiety and ADHD ) who has been taking Geodon for about two months and it's been working great! I think the most important thing to remember is to go slow. 20mg for a couple weeks then 40mg for a couple weeks and so on and so forth. It does make you tired at 1st but it wears off after a while. My Daughter was 1st on Risperdal for a couple years starting at age 6 but it stopped working well and she was gaining a lot of weight. Then we eased her into Abilify and she was on it for 2 years and still was gaining to much weight. I don't think the Abilify ever worked that effectively and she was just getting out of control.

September 20, 2013 2:11 AM

Review by ChuckieT:

For Bipolar Disorder: Medication works great--I was on Haldol and this is so much better, and I get up rested in the morning. My perception is and good--even better than anything I've ever taken. I take 120 mg at 7:00 pm and by 10 am I'm ready to sleep. I take 40 mg in the morning and feel good the rest of the day. Caution--always take with food.

September 9, 2013 1:36 PM