User Reviews for Geodon

Learn more about Geodon.

Geodon Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Geodon to treat Schizophrenia

"This medicine, taken in the throes of suicidal ideation changes your thoughts, literally. After taking an additional 20mg cap, my mind wanders to other, more immediate issues such as things I can do to help myself. I start thinking about doing activities such as housework, baking, painting, and anything else that gets me back into life and out of my chair playing computer games by the hour. I think this med is miraculous in the way it draws one away from the depths of despair to functionality. I have been taking it for several years, prescribed off-brand for clinical depression and have been continually amazed that someone could create a medication that does so much good with virtually no downside. No hair loss, no weight gain."

CWR01 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 10, 2015

"I was given numerous medications to treat my condition and many of them just put me in a daze and made me sleep all day and couldn't function, And my psychiatrist then put me on geodon and was monitoring my condition and slowly increased my dosage and my condition started to improve to the point that I can now function to a point in society, I can understand now when I start to feel paranoid and hear voices that their only in my head and are not real, and I come back to reality and calm myself down, geodon has help me more than thorazin or seriquil, I take 80mg in the morning and 160mg at night,I've been able to sleep up to 6 hrs now,I feel good and I'm not tired and now I can actually eat in restraunts,I've been taking it for 3 yrs."

tatajack (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2014

"I've been on Geodon for probably about a year and I like it. It works I don't really hear voices. From time to time like once a week I'd hear like half a min if voices compared to 24hrs of my day before taking Geodon. My dose is always changing but as of now I'm on 20 in the morning and 80 at night. I get muscle tense and jaw locking. sometimes it will look like I'm flipping people off or I'd hide my thumb and squeeze. I'm taking Benadryl for that which helps, I'm taking 50mg for morning and night. I had tingling in my head feeling like I could faint but that only lasted a month or so. Overall it's a good medication I'm happy as long as I don't hear angels and demons!"

Momocita (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2013

"I am only on day 3, I have to say I like it. I do not hear or see voices or people. I have a wild thought process that can imagine anything and make it real in my own mind. That is under control almost completely, which is AMAZING! Living in my head without this medicine was a nightmare. 60mg before bed did not work for me. I couldn't sleep. So, I now take it in the morning. I also have A.D.D. (no medication for A.D.D. though). Just the Geodon and Topamax. - It works perfect for me - Weight Gain was a BIG problem on the other Medicine they tried, so far I think I have lost, I know I have not gained, which is very important to me. I had gained 14 pounds in 3 weeks on the other medication (that's a lot of weight really fast). No jaw issues or shaking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2012

"I have severe schizophrenia and have been on Geodon for two years. I have trouble pronouncing some words since I started, but overall it has made me appear normal. I can think without the inner voices. I have gained some wieght but not as bad as with other medicines."

Anonymous March 21, 2012

"My wife tried this while schizo-active and it got rid of the auditory hallucinations until close to time to take the medication again. About 1 hour before medication time the hallucinations came back very strong and hung around for at least 1 hour after the drug was taken. Doctor increased dosage and split it twice a day and my wife got really bad twitches."

bww7 March 4, 2012

"I take 160 mg of Geodon, half at dinner and half before bed. I used to take it in the morning but it would knock me out cold. Now I am dead to the world at night but can get through the day. I have been on many medications and Geodon is the only one that didn't make me feel that my life was in danger and claustrophobic. I never did hear voices or delusions, just grandiose thinking. If you have to take medication, Geodon is far superior to the other antipsychotics. I developed partial blindness and tardive dyskinesia on the others. But Geodon does slow you down and cause weight gain."

seasunshine April 15, 2011

"Geodon has worked well for me. My hallucinations have gone away and I had very little sleepiness or other side effects. I'm struggling with my weight and wondering if the Geodon is making it harder for me to lose weight but I haven't gained any more weight while on it. I think that it's a good medication for me. It keeps me stable."

csb8136 December 14, 2010

"Been on this for 9 months now. I take it at 5pm- pick a time and stick with it staying steady with routine helps with the tired feeling. Don't ever miss a dose- I was really sick one night and couldn't keep anything down so I couldn't take it- didn't sleep at all. I was seeing people that wasn't there- and heard voices calling my name all night. At 1 am I had all lights in the house on. I do have muscle twitching but it's tolerable."

Anonymous September 14, 2010

"Geodon has worked wonders on both my visual and auditory hallucinations. I have no side effects from it other than being a little tired from time to time. I'm taking 40mg twice a day and have been on it for about a month and a half."

Anonymous January 19, 2010

"When I first started taking Geodon, was very very tired all the time and pretty much felt like a zombie. Noticed a rapid increase in appetite and started getting constipated. Within five days, started getting twitches around my mouth and jaw on the seventh day my tongue swollen up, my jaw was locked and had a grape stuck in my mouth (which I was trying to eat). Ended up switching medication. Cant say my experience with it was positive - still have some mouth twitching even now and tightness in the jaw from it. If you start having twitches, tell your doctor IMMEDIATELY! Dont wait, it should be something they (the doctors) warn you about."

Anonymous September 28, 2009

"Geodon is a great Medicine. It takes time to adjust too. Takes the false beliefs away, right away. As the months go by you will feel less depressed, more positive thinking, feel better about yourself. I found you have to go with the flow of adjustments to let the brain chemistry change. I'm happy my Doctor has found a Medicine that works. My body feels better too. Medicine takes time."

Japan September 1, 2009

"It helped me with all my hallucinations. I stopped hearing things more. I still went through disturbed racing thoughts though. Shakiness still occurs."

Lyndsie January 8, 2009

"This medication took care of all the hallucinations - visual, auditory and physical. I do have some shakiness and muscle twitching though."

t1kuma August 15, 2008

"Geodon has made me able to show and feel emotion again and it takes care of all of my psychotic symptoms. I'm a big fan of this drug."

sammyb88 August 4, 2008

"i've only been on this for a day or so now (40 mg twice a day), but i can already tell that it's helping to control my anxiety and delusional thoughts. i've been very tired and everything has a fuzzy/dreamy/dopey feeling, but i'm hoping these side effects subside with time."

Anonymous July 2, 2008

"Geodon is a very effective drug for me. Completely wiped out the auditory hallucinations."

Anonymous April 20, 2008