User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Also known as: Flomax

Learn more about Tamsulosin.

Tamsulosin Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Stones.

Reviews for Tamsulosin to treat Urinary Tract Stones

"After 3 weeks of pain from a kidney stone the doctor prescribed flomax. Took one tablet and passed it in an hour. Could not believe it. Brilliant stuff."

Mk72 January 23, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I get stones frequently, have had lythotripsy for two of them. Finally I saw a new urologist and she gave me Flomax. I had Zero side effects. It didn't make me pee more often but when I did go it was like a raging river and moved my stone rift on out quickly. I will never have another stone without being prescribed Flomax and I tell any of my friends who get stones to use it. Also when I did pee it completely emptied my bladder/kidneys and relieves so much pressure. Life saver for sure !!!!"

Carvertwin77 January 23, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I was hit with severe pain on a Friday morning. Ended up in the emergency room with a 6mm kidney stone on my right side. I was given Morphine and Toradol thru IV. I didn't hurt as much Saturday. In Sunday the pain came back and I ended back in the ER. I ended up with an awful UTI with this kidney stone. This time I was prescribed an antibiotic and Flomax. I filled it Monday and took one immediately. My stomach felt a little weird. A little bloating occurred. I drank a lot of water with lemon and Gatorade. I eased up on pain meds Tues only took my flomax. Weds morning I took it early and went back to bed. I got up to pee and there it was at the bottom of toilet. Didn't hurt or feel it at all."

6MM (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Ten hours after taking the first dose I had a pulse rate of 126, atrial fibrillation, arrythmia, and high hypertension. I took no more."

PentecostalChristian January 17, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Flomax helps in the passing of kidney stone had stone for two months but wasn't drinking enough water. I stared drinking 1gal of water every day also 3 glasses of lemon n water and 3 cups of hibiscus tea in two days passed stone."

ERNIE R December 30, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "After kidney stone surgery 3 weeks ago I was given the Flomax to rid myself of the smaller stones. After reading on line the horror stories of this drug's side effects, which included running nose, blurred vision and unable to achieve orgasm, I was very reluctant to use it. I'm happy to report in the limited time using Flomax, I've had no side effects. I mean none."

Rickysllc123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I have frequent kidney stone attacks. On one trip to the ER I was given a prescription for Flomax and decided to fill it. Next time I got an attack I took one and was amazed that the stone passed within about an hour! Normally I would have been in agony for hours before passing the stone. I make sure to carry Flomax with me now. Two days ago I got another attack, took one Flomax and the pain stopped and the stone passed shortly thereafter."

Needsleep1945 December 29, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I felt like someone hit me in the back one day, it throbbed and felt swollen. It bothered me for a few hours. Two weeks later I couldn't pee and it hurt so bad I went to ER. They did cat scan to find a 6mm kidney stone in my ureter. They started me on Flomax. I followed up with my doctor and 2 weeks later I passed it with no pain except a little pain when I peed. I don't know if it were the Flomax or chanca piedra that I bought did it But it was painless and I was so worried. Now I will take it to my doctor to be analyzed."

Lynee1029 December 6, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Wow, Flomax made my stone pass with one dose after 3 months of pain, worry, CAT scans, and the urologist thinking it was prostatitis. Wish they gave it to me in the ER in August! Stone was 8mm x 5mm, and got stuck in three places on the way down. Thank you Flomax!"

BrianGock November 25, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "29years old. Kidney stone dropped me to the floor, in tears, on my first day of work @ a great new job. Manager had to drive me to ER. Not a good look in a blue collar line of work. Literally threw up on myself from the pain. Turned down morphine due to past narcotic dependency. Toradol saved me that day, but stones not gone. Got CT done, "One 5mm, two 2mm". Flomax for past three weeks. Just passed an 8mm stone....laughing & joyously celebrating! Haha I've watched my father suffer through a dozen stones. He never took flomax. I know that what I just passed should not have come out that easily/painlessly."

Whoa (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Has anyone had a stone 2 cm? Any information I find shows most people that have experienced Kidney stones measure to be in the mm range. I was puzzled about that, called Doctor and she confirmed once again, found in left kidney a 2.1 centimeter stone. This is my first time with stones....wonder what some of you may have experienced with a stone of that size?"

Shirley Ann63 November 5, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Have one 4mm stone hung up between the kidney and bladder and another 5mm stone in the kidney. Have been on Flowmax for a month and while it has helped me to urinate more, the stone seems stuck. I am not happy with the side effects: stuffy nose, feeling dizzy and just off, also seems to cause some water retention. Would love to have the positive results other users have had but so far, no luck passing the stone."

DLSB October 17, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Woke up with nausea and diarrhea and unbearable pain in my left side. Days later ended up at the ER and cat scan showed 6mm stone on left , Dr. put me on Flomax 1X per day for 10 days and pain meds. Followed up with urologist 9 days after taking the Flomax and an ultrasound showed no more stone on my left side I passed it without feeling it. I have another 5mm on my right but now that I know what to expect I will have Flomax and pain meds on hand for the next episode."

Javigrifali (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Prescribed .4mg flowmax 1x daily for kidney stone. Holy cow this stuff lowered my blood pressure! Took one dose at night, and almost fainted when I awoke and tried to get up, which is a know side effect but it took 16 hours to get back to where I could walk and I was pounding liquids the whole time. Should be more clearly designated. My HR was up in the 110 range and my resting rate is 60 normally."

Stonerflow September 18, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I was given a shot of Tamsulosin in the ER and a prescription for Flomax at 7:30 Friday night, and passed one stone (possibly a sliver of the original) Sunday night at 11:30, and another (3mm) stone Monday at 3:30. The only pain meds I took was 600mg of Ibuprofen (and a TON of water!!!), and from beginning to end, on a scale of 1-10, the pain never exceeded a 3 or a 4!! Flomax and Tamsulosin are a miracle for kidney stones!!"

Teacher2015 September 5, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Woke up in pain with stone Friday. Ask my Dr. to prescribe Flomax and took my first dose at noon on Saturday. Pass the stone this morning (Sun.). I experienced a stuffy nose and felt light headed, but it was well worth it. One Capsule did the trick."

Hankaroo August 30, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Passed a 6 mm stone. It was stuck for 4 days, I went to the hospital and was given Flomax and sent home. It passed in 2 days. It worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I just took Flomax today 2 1/2 hours ago and just passed my stone. I have had to have my stone surgically removed usually. This is fantastic. I will use next time I have an attack."

Anonymous August 10, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "This was my first stone, so I really have nothing to compare my experience to. But leading up to my first dose of Flomax, I had strong "discomfort" associated with my stone, and never the excruciating pain others have experienced. The stone was in my ureter already by time I started flomax, and I passed it painlessly after less than 2 weeks of taking the medication. It was a 5mm stone, which my doctor said I had a 50/50 chance of passing on my own. I'm not sure if it was the medication, or just luck that got this to pass so smoothly. But I'm giving this a positive review anyway."

Davey Boy July 21, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I had the worst pain of my life and thought I was dying. I went to the ER and they found a 4mm stone on my left side. They prescribed Flomax and pain meds. I will say the stone was barely in my ureter when this ordeal all started. The Flomax is recommended for bedtime dosing because of the possible side effects of drowsiness, dizziness oh and I get a stuffy nose. The original stone passed in 3 days and I had no idea because there was no pain. I also had a second stone on the other side form and it passed on its own with no pain. I like Flomax, for me the benefits out weigh the side effects!"

MJWaller (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

"Excellent! Just passed a 5 x 6 mm stone after 4 days of taking this medicine. I didn't believe it will work but I am amazed. I would definitely recommend it even though it does have some side effects such as drowsiness etc."

MrinalUK May 27, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Flomax helped me to pass a 6mm stone with very minimal drama. I am a female who passes a stone about every five years and have typically needed procedures to remove even smaller stones that would get stuck en route. I went to the Dr. with familiar flank pain, had a CT, and was prescribed Flomax. It took three weeks but I had minimal pain (took plain old Advil) and could carry on with work. AWESOME! No side effects either, which I had been worried about."

CanadaPanda May 17, 2015

"My family nicknamed me the stone and gravel factory. Start off with I've had 3 Lithotripsy's to break up monster stones; on top of passing over 100 (3mm or less stones). Needless to say it was painful - the last occurance I was taken to the emergency room due to get this..... dry heving..... and dehydration (This is the first time I'd ever had the uncontrollable vomit/heving issue). So on the ambulance ride from hell they shoot me with morphine it did little to nothing for the pain - but made me feel good about huting. The doc comes in and hits me with Tamsuloin in the IV...... SECONDS later the pain is nearly gone. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Since then I have a standing script for the stuff and I'm fully human again."

Able to breath (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "I have cysteine stones...huge & chronic & constant! Passed 9 small stones within 30 mins after taking. And with very little pain in the uretha but doesn't help much with the ureter pain. I will use this again but not on a daily routine. Only when needed. Worry about side effects about a medicine meant for men."

Tlc3po (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin): "Prescribed Flomax for a stone I had for 7 weeks working through, came out with minimal drama within 48 hours. No really side effects."

kaizermattias... April 4, 2015