User Reviews for Doxazosin

Also known as: Cardura, Cardura XL, Carduran, Cascor, Doxadura

Learn more about Doxazosin.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 10 reviews 15 medications

8.2
High Blood Pressure 5 reviews 262 medications

7.7
Raynaud's Syndrome 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxazosin reviews 15 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Doxazosin

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking 1 MG with breakfast and found on occasion I had dizziness. I cut the pill in half and no longer experience dizziness."

dickdoviak (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2015

Cardura (doxazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I started with 2 mg and went to 4 mg. Within a few days I started diarrhea. Doctor couldn't give a reason. Went back to 2 mg and still had it. I found the answer in the side effects. I am now on 1 mg with no problem."

diecasts4u (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Taken to lower blood pressure and to increase urine flow at night. Worked great for both."

Joe65 November 21, 2014

Cardura XL (doxazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Used Cardura XL on/off for several years now and more regularly recently. Wanted new prescription after moving to Europe, however doctor didn't now the product and recommended as alternative Tamsulosin (Pradif T) which did not provide any relieve with urinating especially at night (blocked). Switched back to my remaining Cardura XL and found equivalent product in Europe called Cardura CR. Just perfect flow, day and night! No side effects."

dal88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "doctor started me on 4mg straight away which caused bad side effects. instructions say start at 1mg so i am trying that. also wasnt told by doctor to take at night so i will see if that helps. so far not happy anyone else had problems? i thought i'd pass out in town centre not good."

dianesaffron October 23, 2013

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Works pretty well, with 8mg per day. Minimal side effects, such as some dizziness when I started, and some swelling of feet and ankles."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2012

Cardura (doxazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I originally began doxazosin 4mg for blood pressure many years ago. Over the years I needed additional medicines for blood pressure but continued taking doxazosin 4mg twice a day. I had been told that it would be helpful in maintaining urine flow. Not long ago I began taking Proscar. I thought that the Cardura would no longer be needed so I stopped. Within 2-3 days there was a definite reduction in urine flow. I repeated the off, then on again routine 3 times with the same rather dramatic results. I will continue with the doxazosin. PS: I have never noticed side effects at all."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "It works better than any other blood pressure medicine I have taken and I have taken many including 3 more that I take beside the doxazosin. I take the doxazosin at night or break it in half and take it in the afternoon if my pressure is running high. It dose not work at all for me regarding prostate issues."

Anonymous July 14, 2011

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "While taking this medication, I suffered from all of the side effects, except from the long or painful erection. I had trouble sleeping, agitated, and irritable. I thought maybe it was due to my chemical imbalance, which it may have been, but those symptoms were exacerbated by this drug to the point of continued stress and disquiet behavior. Other symptoms include tightness in the chest resembling asthma symptoms or bronchial distress to the sinus problems mention in the side effects."

Mick Finn July 6, 2011

For : "I am 79, incontinence has been a big problem for past 6 years. For past 3 years on 4mg/day DOXAZOSIN, urine rate = 100ml/pee during the day. At night, 200 to 300ml/pee --- an awkward but manageable condition. Without DOXAZOSIN, urine rate drops considerably with severe (intolerable) spasms. Thank goodness for DOXAZOSIN."

AGC December 24, 2010

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Used for about 2 weeks, ramped up dosage from 1mg 1st week to 2mg 2nd week (final dosage was to be 4mg). Had a rash with associated itching (initially thought it was Poison Ivy) appeared about 3 days after treatment started and became severe during second week. Still waiting for rash to completely go away 1 week after stopping treatment. Did help to improve urine flow and reduced urgency feelings I was having about every 2 hours to about 6 hours. I could sleep through the night! No other noticeable side effects."

Anonymous September 13, 2010

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Have taken for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia...this medicine works great! Also noticed an increase in erections and sexual functions. Blood pressure is also lower to 118/68."

BDUBS May 7, 2010

Cardura XL (doxazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "This named drug is prescribed normally in Spain and France usually packeted as Carduran I have used it for ten years but can not get it in Australia it was very effective at reducing levels of PSA...."

rozza March 12, 2010

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "For me personally, generic doxazosin is just as effective and a fraction of the cost of a patented big drug company product. "

Anonymous March 2, 2009

Cardura (doxazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I found cardura a wonderful drug which made my urine flow so easily and cured the discomfort I used to feel during urination. I felt no side effects either."

Talawat August 27, 2008

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For : "Took 1 8mg Cardura daily. Experienced dizziness and nausea for the first 3 days but later adjusted to the medication and maintained pressure around 120/80. On doctor's advise, Cardura discontinued and replaced with alternative medication due to excessively fast pulse/heart rate up to 100/s after 6 months on Cardura"

Anonymous March 26, 2008

Cardura (doxazosin) for High Blood Pressure: "Took 1 8mg Cardura daily. Experienced dizziness and nausea for the first 3 days but later adjusted to the medication and maintained pressure around 120/80. On doctor's advise, Cardura discontinued and replaced with alternative medication due to excessively fast pulse/heart rate up to 100/s after 6 months on Cardura"

Anonymous March 26, 2008

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate