User Reviews for Prazosin

Also known as: Minipress

Learn more about Prazosin.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 37 reviews 5 medications

4.5
High Blood Pressure 5 reviews 247 medications

Summary of Prazosin reviews 62 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Prazosin

For High Blood Pressure: "does not have the ability to reduce blood pressure I am taking this medication 2 times a day morning and late afternoon Apo- praosin 1MG"

marshall haber (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For Nightmares: "Been taking 1mg of prazosin for the last 2 months for PTSD nightmares that were causing sleep problems. Nightmares stopped the first day I took it but, I experienced severe headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea and a lack of energy. As I got used to it, the symptoms gradually improved but did not go away completely. If I've been drinking, the symptoms will worsen but it is bearable. Overall, my nightmares have become rare and I can sleep through the night; the side effects are worth it."

Mila K (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've had ongoing PTSD for the past 15 years, including nightmares almost every night. My neurologist finally started me on prazosin to see if it would help me get any sleep. I had to go up to 4mg to make the nightmares stop. I tried to go back down to 3mg but had nightmares so went back to 4mg. After 2 months at 4mg I'm back to not sleeping well and having nightmares 4-5 nights a week. I'm concerned that I will continue to build up a tolerance and it will become less effective. I did have one incident where I got up in the middle of the night and passed out, remaining unconscious for over 40 minutes. I have to really watch out for low blood pressure when taking any BP altering meds like this. A salty snack before bed seems to help."

So tired, PTSD December 23, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "No more grusome dreams"

Bigbuds (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

For Nightmares: "Started praz last December for PTSD & nightmares/night terrors. Tried doses 1-6mg (as high as the psych would go). My nightmares started to slowly increase, and now, I suffer from chronic nightmares. Also started an increase in PTSD-related flashbacks & hallucinations (auditory & visual) Told the psych, and she had me stop it entirely, and I cannot shake the nightmares. I feel like I wasted so much money on a POS med that dumped all the adverse effects on my system. 0/10, would NOT recommend!"

C-Note (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Yikes! I took this medication for PTSD nightmares . It increased my pulse rate from 80 to 116. I had to stop taking it after a week of using it. it did not work well for me at all, and I was still having nightmares."

epikblue22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Ugh, I took this med and it made my heart race so fast. My pulse rate went up to 116. this medication might work for some people who have ptsd, but it definitely is no good for blood pressure unfortunately."

SexyPillJunky (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I thought Prazosin had been a life saver. Had very vivid nightmares that occured regularly. But was always very sceptical about how long this would stay effective. Well, one summer night my nightmares had come back. But was happy that I went pretty much nightmare free for close to a year. But remember, this medication did not eliminate them completely and with talking to other members of my Battalion it didn't completely eliminate them. I guess my Psychiatrist is going to try me on a marijuana based medication this month. Will keep you updated!! Go to meetings, talk about it with others who experienced it, it does eventually help!!"

Rockett177 November 12, 2015

For Nightmares: "I have had horrible nightmares for years. Anxiety,PTSD, ect ect... I've been taking Prozasin for @ 3 weeks. I've only had 1 nightmare since, so it's well worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I use this for nightmares related to C-PTSD. I was getting nightly terrors, just screaming nightmares every night related to flashbacks, I couldn't tell the difference between being asleep or awake and would wake up exhausted and stay that way throughout the day. With this drug, my nightmares have stopped, but I feel very dizzy and lethargic the next morning, and often more depressed. My sleep is much better, but the mornings are a write-off as I end up in tears for hours after waking. I guess the stress needs to escape somehow and instead of through sleeping, I get more of an effect upon waking. The drug does work to get rid of the nightmares, though."

Escaped October 16, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety five yrs ago, been on many meds for it, trying to find one that works for me better than Valium because of its addictive behavior. This Prazosin didn't work at all, I got severe headaches, diziness, nausea, and still couldn't sleep"

Dmh12111112456788533(:V) >:) : October 10, 2015

For Nightmares: "I have really bad night terrors from ptsd. I've tried tons of atypicals for it but nothing worked. My doctor then has me try this and once I got to the full dose my night terrors have almost completely gone away and I don't have all the side effects I had on the more standard treatments."

My nickname September 27, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "My blood sugar became very elevated, and whenever I stood up I felt dizzy and nauseated. I felt chest pressure and had headaches."

Kwin60 September 27, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "This actually elevated my blood pressure dramatically and induced tachycardia and also gave me terrible headaches and nasal congestion. *Same as another user above. How odd."

Kat M. (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

For Nightmares: "I experienced loud, shouting nightmares almost every night before I started Prazosin, which COMPLETELY stopped ALL my nightmares IMMEDIATELY. It worked immediately, the very first night, and every night thereafter. On the very rare occaisons when I have experienced another nightmare after I started taking, these were ALWAYS nights when I forgot to take the Prazosin."

Pete B. July 26, 2015

For Nightmares: "I took prazosin the first night and wow, what a difference. I haven't woke up so clear headed in years. Great sleep, no nightmares. Prazosin works wonderfully."

Bebolati (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I started having graphic, vivid nightmares and wasn't able to tell the difference between being awake and asleep. The doctor told me I had PTSD and gave me Prazosin. I was taking 1mg. I'm pretty drug sensitive so I could barely move or get up for hours after waking up the next day BUT it immediately stopped my nightmares. Now when I do have nightmares I don't react to them and I take .5mg as needed when I am feeling anxious. I get a little weak for a few hours but it's manageable. Side effects are totally worth it to not have to live through being terrorized every night not even knowing when I'm awake or alseep."

kPTSD (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I been taking it for almost a year. I been diagnosed with ptsd and anxiety, stress and night terror and it's helped. They took me off of it and it got worse. So I been taking it daily and i'm glad. It helps me out big time. I'm grateful for this medication"

Barby29 June 24, 2015

For Nightmares: "My doctor gave me this med after a sexual assault and it stopped the nightmares the first time, I actually think because she prescribed it so quickly it reduced my overall trauma with this event by not reliving it nightly."

Kristara (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

For Nightmares: "I had an event trigger increased anxiety, panic attacks and recurring nightmares. Dr let me know it sounded like PTSD and suggested I try prozosin in addition to my normal medications. I started off on the lowest end of the dosage and after a couple weeks it was working well. Every few weeks I found the nightmare would come back and I did have to up the dose. That would stop it for another few weeks or more and when it happened again I'd up it again and now I take the max dose (I think it's 10). It's improved my sleep since I'm not waking up from this panic dream every hour. Cannot recommend enough for traumatic nightmares. Do have one side-effect- if I smoke a cigarette in the morning it almost always makes me puke. Why?"

sleeplesinseattle April 15, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "This actually elevated my blood pressure dramatically and induced tachycardia and also gave me terrible headaches and nasal congestion."

anon999 March 12, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "So I have been taking prazosin for over two years now. I started off in hospitals with a big breakdown and my anxiety shot through the roof. I had three awful experiences in a three year time span not to mention things that were added on during childhood. After going through countless medicines and finally telling my doctor what happened to me I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. I started prazosin and went from having to re-live my experiences vividly and in a continuous loop all day, feeling everything that happened, constantly wanting to tear off my skin, couldn't talk to the opposite sex, depression, and anxiety attacks, in my nightmares to a nightmare every two weeks flashbacks on only days close to the events and rarely any anxiety. A miracle!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2015

For Nightmares: "I'm 18 and I have Post traumatic stress disorder along with major clinical depression and anxiety. I was treated in a ward and they put me on this to help me with my nightmares. I've had nightmares for a long time. This help a little. I used to have them every night but now I have them about twice a week maybe 3 times but it's much better than every night."

Laura4181996 February 15, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Taken to relieve nightmares cause from PTSD. Works well but lowers my blood pressure. Leaves me short of breath and dizzy at times. Worth it to prevent horrible flashback dreams."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately and been only getting a couple of hours of sleep a night due to it. This pill helped me get to sleep and stay asleep, it all felt like I was back to normal, not taking anything, just finally being able to sleep, and sleep well. It didn't make me tired, more of just being able to sleep. I felt as if my problems and worries were for later and now was for relaxation and sleep. I've tried a few other things for sleep such as Ambien, but none provided the satisfaction of being able to just go to sleep and sleep well with only the best of dreams. Instead of having nightmares of random things infused with my trouble and worries I had amazing dreams of the things I loved."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2015