User Reviews for Prazosin

Also known as: Minipress

Learn more about Prazosin.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 45 reviews 5 medications

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 3 reviews 15 medications

High Blood Pressure 6 reviews 262 medications

Summary of Prazosin reviews 76 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Prazosin

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Suffer from ptsd and bipolar disorder. Reliving traumatic violence during nightmares, waking in pools of sweat, and physically defending myself for many years while attempting to sleep. In addition to 200 mg seroquel prescribed at bedtime for 5 years doctor added 3 mg prazosin 3 years ago. The results have been life changing. Very few night terrors. My wife feels safe sleeping beside me. I'm so appreciative to my psychiatrist for prescribing this medication. I can't recall any side effects. 30 years of living with this affliction have been all but been remidied. Thank you"

Mike sleepless May 30, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "A Godsend drug for PTSD. No more nightmares!"

Nickname1 May 24, 2016

For Nightmares: "I started this as a suggestion from my pharmacist since my psych NP was not finding ANYTHING to work for my childhood nightmares. Thank God for that angel pharmacist and Thank God for this medication. Not one nightmare to feel weird about the whole next day and ruin my day! I have taken now for about a month. Yesterday I tested it out and skipped a dose to see what would happen and sure enough a nightmare. I hope they never stop making this medication. I have had zero side effects! I am so thrilled with this medicine and not sure why I had never heard of it before or why out of all of the doctors I have seen they have not suggested it? I am only on 1 mg which is what the lowest dose? It WORKS! Save yourself the trauma and try it :)"

Tatsi May 24, 2016

For Nightmares: "My partner was given these tablets for nightmares Chronic PTSD, he was already taking blood pressure tablets after enduring a heart attack 5 years ago....on the fourth day he collapsed in the garden, could not speak, stand, he was a terrible grey colour and his lips turned blue...The paramedics took him to A&E ....They discovered his blood pressure was dangerously low, he had a panic attack and his heart beat slowed right down........he should not have been given this medication whilst on other blood pressure tablets so be warned ....."

CaroleBillC May 15, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "PTSD Trauma Nightmares & BPH. As dosage was slowly increased from 1mg to 4mg before bedtime, I went from 3-5 nightmares per night (triggering panic attacks that made it impossible to go back to sleep) to none. I now have weird dreams. I can deal with weird. Upped to 5mg to help with BPH. It worked for me."

MountainJack April 4, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "A combination of PTSD....also suspect too many years standing watch in Navy. It has all resulted in YEARS of a nightmare surrounding sleep It featured high anxiety which began about 5PM.. inability to go to sleep once I got into bed, and waking up during night and early AM awakening... I was lucky to get 4 hours..sometimes so wired no sleep at all during night Prazosin shuts off my mind so I can not only go to sleep but stay asleep.. and the result of my days are better...less focus on negativity I am unable to verbalize how much it has helped.....so entirely thankful my physician who listened and Rxd.. He works with other vets too who apparently have also remarkable stories of success."

Black_Raven March 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "no medicine could lower my blood pressure from approx.145/ 90. But prazonsin did it, 125 or less/ 65 or less, is fantastic, side effect like light headed, and a little weak or a little shaky. Note I only take half tablet in the morning and nite before bed. Also , when the docter prescribe me prazonsin I was taking telmisartan, and amlodipino, so I did take 40 mg. telmisartan, and one tablet prazosine, but I make a mistake and taken both at the same time,was to much pressure went down to 73/44 and almost fainted. I took some salt and cocacola to make this up but the recover was slow about 2 digits per hour, took near 24 hours,to arrive at a normal to 124/68. So after this I decide to take this but only half in the morning and half at nite my pressure today, 140/70 pulse 49 rite at wake up, after prazosine, 3 hours later,122/66 pulse 72. "

Anonymous March 29, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've suffered for over 20 years with PTSD in addition to ADD, so my adrenal system is shot. My fight or flight is 0-100 with anger at times so severe I've received felony charges. I witnessed a horrific murder, was raped and held at gunpoint with my baby daughter for over a week. My trauma was so severe I had and still have memory loss. I believed I was dead for over 5 years and had a memory of me being shot. What I want to say about this medication is it saved my life, I've been on it for about 6 months and it works. I am going to see about taking it during the day as well...I wish you all the best of luck and pray you remain strong through your battle with PTSD."

PTSD1111 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2016

For Nightmares: "After the trial 4-6 weeks trial to see if it would work, it doesn't. Still very vivid nightmares."

Shelbylien March 10, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had years of sleep disturbance's due to PTSD, from having to live in high anxiety and violent situations. So my Dr. prescribed Prazosin, and right away I was sleeping at least 8 hours a night without waking or nightmares. I am not having any side affects that I am aware of and am very glad to be taking it."

mbrady1960 February 29, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "after getting off of the Max of trazadone my doctor prescribed me this so I can get a better nights rest without having nightmares. This has been making me stay up all night. It's acting like speed and is increasing my heart rate. I feel dizzy and nauseous and I am shaking as if I had a gallon of black coffee."

milkipie (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I know you have to wait at least 3-4 weeks. So far I'm on week 3 and still unsure if it works. First few nights on 1mg a day, I flipped up out of my sleep several times. Dr increased it to 2mg a day and I still can't get consistent sleep patterns. Some days yes and others no. One night I stayed up like I was on drugs. Finally passed out around 1am. Week 3, I've now gotten the "gotta go to the bathroom #2" side effect which my doctor says happens. It's like a sore stomach with diarrhea but not full blown diarrhea. The one good thing is my BP has responded to the meds. Less nightmares but then again I'm not really sleeping either. I'm still going to continue and see where it goes."

BlueLake11 February 12, 2016

Minipress (prazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Flomax works better for BPH but this med is more tolerable for longer usage and does wonders for PTSD!"

Whatjj (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Nightmares: "It worked OK the first couple of nights then terrible sweat soaked nightmares returned, but they go back and forth and I was instructed to stop taking it a week after I started and now my nightmares are on and off. I told my mother today that I think it was a placebo but even if it is I'm very happy it slowed the night terrors a lot."

Jasmine nice ray January 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "does not have the ability to reduce blood pressure I am taking this medication 2 times a day morning and late afternoon Apo- praosin 1MG"

marshall haber (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For Nightmares: "Been taking 1mg of prazosin for the last 2 months for PTSD nightmares that were causing sleep problems. Nightmares stopped the first day I took it but, I experienced severe headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea and a lack of energy. As I got used to it, the symptoms gradually improved but did not go away completely. If I've been drinking, the symptoms will worsen but it is bearable. Overall, my nightmares have become rare and I can sleep through the night; the side effects are worth it."

Mila K (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've had ongoing PTSD for the past 15 years, including nightmares almost every night. My neurologist finally started me on prazosin to see if it would help me get any sleep. I had to go up to 4mg to make the nightmares stop. I tried to go back down to 3mg but had nightmares so went back to 4mg. After 2 months at 4mg I'm back to not sleeping well and having nightmares 4-5 nights a week. I'm concerned that I will continue to build up a tolerance and it will become less effective. I did have one incident where I got up in the middle of the night and passed out, remaining unconscious for over 40 minutes. I have to really watch out for low blood pressure when taking any BP altering meds like this. A salty snack before bed seems to help."

So tired, PTSD December 23, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "No more grusome dreams"

Bigbuds (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

For Nightmares: "Started praz last December for PTSD & nightmares/night terrors. Tried doses 1-6mg (as high as the psych would go). My nightmares started to slowly increase, and now, I suffer from chronic nightmares. Also started an increase in PTSD-related flashbacks & hallucinations (auditory & visual) Told the psych, and she had me stop it entirely, and I cannot shake the nightmares. I feel like I wasted so much money on a POS med that dumped all the adverse effects on my system. 0/10, would NOT recommend!"

C-Note (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Yikes! I took this medication for PTSD nightmares . It increased my pulse rate from 80 to 116. I had to stop taking it after a week of using it. it did not work well for me at all, and I was still having nightmares."

epikblue22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Ugh, I took this med and it made my heart race so fast. My pulse rate went up to 116. this medication might work for some people who have ptsd, but it definitely is no good for blood pressure unfortunately."

SexyPillJunky (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I thought Prazosin had been a life saver. Had very vivid nightmares that occured regularly. But was always very sceptical about how long this would stay effective. Well, one summer night my nightmares had come back. But was happy that I went pretty much nightmare free for close to a year. But remember, this medication did not eliminate them completely and with talking to other members of my Battalion it didn't completely eliminate them. I guess my Psychiatrist is going to try me on a marijuana based medication this month. Will keep you updated!! Go to meetings, talk about it with others who experienced it, it does eventually help!!"

Rockett177 November 12, 2015

For Nightmares: "I have had horrible nightmares for years. Anxiety,PTSD, ect ect... I've been taking Prozasin for @ 3 weeks. I've only had 1 nightmare since, so it's well worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I use this for nightmares related to C-PTSD. I was getting nightly terrors, just screaming nightmares every night related to flashbacks, I couldn't tell the difference between being asleep or awake and would wake up exhausted and stay that way throughout the day. With this drug, my nightmares have stopped, but I feel very dizzy and lethargic the next morning, and often more depressed. My sleep is much better, but the mornings are a write-off as I end up in tears for hours after waking. I guess the stress needs to escape somehow and instead of through sleeping, I get more of an effect upon waking. The drug does work to get rid of the nightmares, though."

Escaped October 16, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety five yrs ago, been on many meds for it, trying to find one that works for me better than Valium because of its addictive behavior. This Prazosin didn't work at all, I got severe headaches, diziness, nausea, and still couldn't sleep"

Dmh12111112456788533(:V) >:) : October 10, 2015