User Reviews for Prazosin

Also known as: Minipress

Learn more about Prazosin.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 30 reviews 5 medications

Heart Failure 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Raynaud's Syndrome 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prazosin reviews 49 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Prazosin

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "This actually elevated my blood pressure dramatically and induced tachycardia and also gave me terrible headaches and nasal congestion. *Same as another user above. How odd."

Kat M. (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

For Nightmares: "I experienced loud, shouting nightmares almost every night before I started Prazosin, which COMPLETELY stopped ALL my nightmares IMMEDIATELY. It worked immediately, the very first night, and every night thereafter. On the very rare occaisons when I have experienced another nightmare after I started taking, these were ALWAYS nights when I forgot to take the Prazosin."

Pete B. July 26, 2015

For Nightmares: "I took prazosin the first night and wow, what a difference. I haven't woke up so clear headed in years. Great sleep, no nightmares. Prazosin works wonderfully."

Bebolati (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I started having graphic, vivid nightmares and wasn't able to tell the difference between being awake and asleep. The doctor told me I had PTSD and gave me Prazosin. I was taking 1mg. I'm pretty drug sensitive so I could barely move or get up for hours after waking up the next day BUT it immediately stopped my nightmares. Now when I do have nightmares I don't react to them and I take .5mg as needed when I am feeling anxious. I get a little weak for a few hours but it's manageable. Side effects are totally worth it to not have to live through being terrorized every night not even knowing when I'm awake or alseep."

kPTSD (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I been taking it for almost a year. I been diagnosed with ptsd and anxiety, stress and night terror and it's helped. They took me off of it and it got worse. So I been taking it daily and i'm glad. It helps me out big time. I'm grateful for this medication"

Barby29 June 24, 2015

For Nightmares: "My doctor gave me this med after a sexual assault and it stopped the nightmares the first time, I actually think because she prescribed it so quickly it reduced my overall trauma with this event by not reliving it nightly."

Kristara (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

For Nightmares: "I had an event trigger increased anxiety, panic attacks and recurring nightmares. Dr let me know it sounded like PTSD and suggested I try prozosin in addition to my normal medications. I started off on the lowest end of the dosage and after a couple weeks it was working well. Every few weeks I found the nightmare would come back and I did have to up the dose. That would stop it for another few weeks or more and when it happened again I'd up it again and now I take the max dose (I think it's 10). It's improved my sleep since I'm not waking up from this panic dream every hour. Cannot recommend enough for traumatic nightmares. Do have one side-effect- if I smoke a cigarette in the morning it almost always makes me puke. Why?"

sleeplesinseattle April 15, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "This actually elevated my blood pressure dramatically and induced tachycardia and also gave me terrible headaches and nasal congestion."

anon999 March 12, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "So I have been taking prazosin for over two years now. I started off in hospitals with a big breakdown and my anxiety shot through the roof. I had three awful experiences in a three year time span not to mention things that were added on during childhood. After going through countless medicines and finally telling my doctor what happened to me I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. I started prazosin and went from having to re-live my experiences vividly and in a continuous loop all day, feeling everything that happened, constantly wanting to tear off my skin, couldn't talk to the opposite sex, depression, and anxiety attacks, in my nightmares to a nightmare every two weeks flashbacks on only days close to the events and rarely any anxiety. A miracle!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2015

For Nightmares: "I'm 18 and I have Post traumatic stress disorder along with major clinical depression and anxiety. I was treated in a ward and they put me on this to help me with my nightmares. I've had nightmares for a long time. This help a little. I used to have them every night but now I have them about twice a week maybe 3 times but it's much better than every night."

Laura4181996 February 15, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Taken to relieve nightmares cause from PTSD. Works well but lowers my blood pressure. Leaves me short of breath and dizzy at times. Worth it to prevent horrible flashback dreams."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately and been only getting a couple of hours of sleep a night due to it. This pill helped me get to sleep and stay asleep, it all felt like I was back to normal, not taking anything, just finally being able to sleep, and sleep well. It didn't make me tired, more of just being able to sleep. I felt as if my problems and worries were for later and now was for relaxation and sleep. I've tried a few other things for sleep such as Ambien, but none provided the satisfaction of being able to just go to sleep and sleep well with only the best of dreams. Instead of having nightmares of random things infused with my trouble and worries I had amazing dreams of the things I loved."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2015

For Nightmares: "I was put on prazosin to help with nightmares that were causing sleep problems. The very first night I took it was the first night in three months I didn't have a nightmare and slept through the night. I have been on it for 4 1/2 months now and had no nightmares. I have had some odd and sexual dreams but nothing disturbing."

Bobenstein December 31, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Prazosin is the best thing that has happened to me. I've gone from 3-4 nightmares a week to occasionally one every other week, but when I have them I have no reactions and I forget the content immediately upon awakening. I don't have any side-effects or problems with lowered blood pressure in the morning. Seriously, ask your prescribing doctor about this medicine if you're struggling with nightmares. It will change your life."

Ally Rowe December 15, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I started taking this medication and was finally able to sleep. Prazosin has little side-effects and makes a huge difference with my nightmares and sleep disturbances. I find the nasal congestion difficult to manage. I started taking nasal decongestant spray against doctors recommendations (due to risk of dependence) but it is the only thing that has helped me."

PTSDandMe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2014

For Nightmares: "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and suffer from night terrors and have been on prazosin and this does not help with my night terrors."

M.combs (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have been taking 2 mg prazosin for a month. My nightmares have decreased and I'm actually having dreams un related to trauma. I do feel dizzy and feel a bit faint, my hands are shaky and I'm experiencing consipation,but nothing I can't handle. The fact that my daytime flashbacks have decreased and I can sleep and are without nightmatres is worth the risk."

ptsdnyc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2014

For Nightmares: "Due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and me screaming and attacking people in my sleep, I take Prazosin and it REALLY works!"

dwildwoman80 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2014

Minipress (prazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Had little effect on Benign Prostate Hyperplasia symptoms. Dosage 1mg at night."

The Mog July 14, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I started by getting sick after eating, then nightmares, sleeplessness, panic attacks, agoraphobia, high anxiety, and being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. I was put on different medicines by different doctors and nothing worked. The different meds made me gain 40lbs, gave me diabetes, dyskinesia, and SSRI's have horrible withdrawal symptoms when you run out of medicines. A new VA doctor recently prescribed Prazosin. After three days, I no longer felt like I was constantly shaking inside me. I don't feel like a speaker reverberating through me when I hear a loud or sudden noise. I went from sleeping 4-5 hours per night to double that. I don't have nightmares anymore, and I stopped getting sick from anxiety. Prazosin is a miracle to me."

jwq May 6, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Minipress (prazosin) for High Blood Pressure: "This medication acts fast, causes me be be jittery, my blood pressure is low and then settles down after a few hours, then my blood pressure rises again. I take 2 a day."

PRETTY REDCAR April 12, 2014

For Nightmares: "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and nothing else worked for my nightmares. This did, have had no nightmares since I started taking it."

jessiekac April 7, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Started yesterday. Not only am I calmer but it was first night without nightmares and flash backs from Iraq. No waking up in a puddle if sweat, was up only 1 time to pee and easily fell back asleep. It helps with my breathing and calmness during the day also. Hope it stays this way. Been too long since I had good sleep with out being haunted at night while sleeping."

Joshua B. March 5, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been taking prazosin to help with Post traumatic stress disorder nightmares for over 5 years. When my doctor told me about it I was ready to try anything to get the nightmares to stop as they were the most intrusive continuous PTSD symptom of mine. I started at 1mg, worked my way to 2mg and found that it worked very well. For a couple of years now, I am only taking 0.5mg as a maintenance dose. The only side-effect I ever experienced was some dizziness upon standing after I took it at night but that disappeared quickly."

M.M. (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Great meds...been taking zolpidem daily plus over the counter sleep meds every single night for a year...changed docs, gave me this for paranoia and nightmare, now I don't take zolpidem and otc sleep meds. My nightmare slowly changed to different dream, not to extreme anymore. I don't speed and beat red lights anymore when driving. This at night and bupropion in the morning will help you find peace. No negative impact on sexual performance. Still run 3k every day and work out."

ar_chie January 17, 2014