User Reviews for Terazosin

Also known as: Hytrin

Learn more about Terazosin.

High Blood Pressure 5 reviews 261 medications

6.7
Summary of Terazosin reviews 23 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Terazosin

Review by T/R:

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I have been taking this for night trips to the bathroom . Started a 3mg 2 years ago and just started slowly increasing to 10mg. I stopped taking due to the side effects of rapid pounding heart beat, chest pains, dizziness, no real change in sexual functions which is good thing. Not a big change in night trips to the bathroom. Off to the Doctor today.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2013 10:09 AM

Review by Hammerdog47:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I've taken this for about nine years now. I went from 2mg. per day at the start, to 5mg per day two years ago. It really works for me. If I miss the evening dose, I notice decreased flow about twelve hours later. That's a huge motivation, so I rarely miss a dose. No noticeable side effects.

October 8, 2013 1:40 AM

Review by Tommydix (taken for 10 years or more):

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Would not quit this medicine, it helps immensely.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 8:01 PM

For Hyperhidrosis: I took Terazosin for hyperhidrosis induced by Clomipramine . It was very helpful for my problem .

May 15, 2012 3:54 PM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Using 10 mg/night for the last two months - it works okay but side effects include low libido, and a very noticeable reduction in endurance and muscle strength. As a distance runner - age 50 my performance is severely impacted running and in bed. Going to ask my Doctor to try something else.

March 27, 2012 11:20 PM

Review by sailpanther:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: My mouse wouldn't click the bar. Give it a 10. Worked very well. Also lowered my blood pressure.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2012 8:22 PM

Review by dockc:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Terazosin controls my somewhat high blood pressure and moderately improves my benign prostatic hyperplasia symptoms at 5mg, 3X/day. I have found that just missing one dose (after 8-10 hrs after last dose) reduces urinary flow rate, but still a bit above flow before taking this medicine. I am not experiencing any significant side effects, unless I take terazosin in conjunction with muscle relaxant for arthritis pain in back and neck pain. Then I have experienced some dizziness and low blood pressure. I have read that it may take a couple of months before full effects on urinary symptoms occur. I have been taking terazosin for about 1-1/2 months at this dosage with little difference in the past month in flow. I previously tried doxazosin and tamsulosin with allergic side effects.

August 22, 2011 11:29 PM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: It worked quite well at 1 mg a night for 3 years helping me urinate like a real man until 6 months ago when my flow rate began decreasing and the symptoms of urinary retention started reappearing. We increased the dosage to 2 mg and I was back to normal. Then the troubles urinating re-emerged and doctor upped it to 4 mg a night 3 weeks ago. Again I saw immediate improvement but over the weekend I've gone back to long bathroom struggles getting anything out. Am now awaiting the scheduling of a urodynamic study to get to the bottom of this.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2011 6:48 PM

Review by Good Luck!:

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I am 50yo and was on 1-4mg Hytrin for 7 months for urinary retention and disliked it. It barely made a dent in my symptoms, and made me tired and fatigued - muscles always felt weak, was frequently irritable and interfered with my sleep. Took forever to build up to 4mg. However, I still had a libido with few sexual side effect, which was a very nice surprise. Recommend trying it to see if it works even though it's one of the older alpha-blockers.

August 20, 2011 1:39 AM

Review by dt1401:

Hytrin (terazosin) for High Blood Pressure: Well I have blood pressure that is normally high, but sometimes normal. I have only been on Hytrin for a few days. The first day it made me very dizzy and fill very bad. My blood pleasure went from an average of 160's/90's to 110's/60's. I am only on 1 mg. I only have been taking a 1/2 a mg since the first day.

May 14, 2010 5:14 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Works well for blood pressure, even better for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. I seldom have to get up during the night to use bathroom, best sleep I have had in years. Only problem that I have noticed is a lack of energy during the day.

December 17, 2009 7:18 PM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Working well for me and I have had no side effects. I did reduce my other blood pressure medication.

October 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Review by Bob G.:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Had big problem urinating due to benign prostatic hyperplasia. Hard to start, pee, stop, pee a little more, etc. Often had pain. Tried Flomax for 30 days. No help. Given terazosin, works very well. Have increased dosage twice. Well pleased.

September 20, 2009 8:05 PM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Hyperhidrosis: Works great! It has stopped the extreme sweating that was occurring from a side effect of Effexor. Anyone who is taking Effexor and have severe sweating problems this medication works great.

September 7, 2009 9:35 AM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Have been using Hytrin for 8 or 9 years. Started on 5 mg, now taking 7mg every night. Get up once during the night in order to urinate. Flow strong. On the few times I forgot to take it. I could see a greatly reduced flow the next day. My PSA was never high. Now 1.1

July 21, 2009 10:50 PM

Hytrin (terazosin) for High Blood Pressure: Have been using Hytrin for about a year. It has lowered my blood pressure, helps me sleep and urinate and able to empty my bladder. Has not affected my sex life at all. Have woken and been dizzy, but I am able to slow myself and watch where I am going.

June 27, 2009 11:30 AM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I hit 28 on the PSA test, was prescribed Hytrin and gradually went from 1 to 5 pills a night. After a couple weeks or so the side effects were so bad I had to stop taking it. Intense headaches, nausea. It was unpleasant. Awaiting my doctor to find something else, on the "plus" side, after a month my PSA went from 28.3 to 8.8 and I have no trouble peeing.

June 16, 2009 1:37 AM

Review by brian lannen:

Hytrin (terazosin) for High Blood Pressure: Hytrin is one of the few blood pressure medications that is controlling my hypertension problem. Very effective medication. I'm very happy with it.

May 21, 2009 6:29 PM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: It's a wonder drug. I have been using it for the last four years and have found the problem to improve dramatically.

March 17, 2009 5:52 AM

Review by big B.:

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I have been using it for more than 10 years now. Began with 1mg and now on 12mg. They are still working.

January 3, 2009 3:20 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Terazosin works well for both high blood pressure and BPH. One of the better medications for reducing blood pressure, in my opinion.

October 23, 2008 4:22 PM

Review by Philip D:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: My prostate volume was measred at 162 gm I was given Terazosin and Proscar for treatment I got relief the second night and was able to stop using catheter not too long after that.

September 16, 2008 2:04 PM

Hytrin (terazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: My PSA level dropped from 15 to 5.8 in the first month of taking only 0.5mg of Hytrin each night. My urine flow has improved dramatically.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2008 1:34 AM