Medication Guide App

4.8
Summary of Flomax reviews 86 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Flomax

Review by scoopself:

For Urinary Tract Stones: Been on Flomax for 6 weeks. 4.8 mm stone still hasn't passed. It is getting close though as I feel like a small elephant on a pogo stick is jumping on my bladder.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 8:17 PM

Review by Jbau:

For Urinary Tract Stones: I been drinking the pills for one week already and still haven't pass my kidney stone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by Okereke Maggie:

For Urinary Tract Stones: I will recommend Flomax to anyone with kidney stones..mine was a sharp intense pain on the left side of my back. I haven't had this kind of pain in my life. It's worse than child labour pain. Been battling with the pain until the urologist prescribed this medicine..in less than 2 weeks I passed it out with no pain.

October 14, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by Carolelinda (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Stones: Suffer from uric acid stones on an average of every 4-6 months. Was given a prescription for Flomax last ER visit; filled it to keep on hand. Two days ago had an attack and decided to try the Flomax. Amazingly, the stone passed in an hour and a half instead of the next day!....This has never happened before and it really shortened the terrible pain which usually lasts many hours. I will definitely try this next time I have an attack, which I KNOW will happen again.

October 2, 2014 9:59 AM

Review by Carolelinda:

For Urinary Tract Stones: Have suffered with uric acid kidney stones for years, approximately every 4-5 months. Pain usually bad enough to go to ER. Today I had an attack and decided to take some Flomax. The ER usually sends me home with a prescription but have never been given Flomax at hospital. AMAZINGLY, within an Hour and a half I passed the stone! This has never happened so quickly as it usually does not pass till the next day! Next time I have an attack (and unfortunately there will be a next time) I am reaching for Flomax right away. Still cannot believe this happened.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 6:35 PM

Review by Bert62:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I had to stop taking Flomax because it made my sinuses completely clogged. I could not sleep because I had to keep my mouth open to breathe, which caused dry mouth and sore throat. Never got any sleep on it. It also caused retrograde ejaculation, where the semen goes back into the bladder instead of out the end of the penis. The short time I was on it helped the urination a little but, but not a lot.

September 5, 2014 8:39 AM

Review by Jim W9:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Flomax improved my ability to pee however it also made me listless and I experienced dizziness when changing positions suddenly. After a (1) month trial I am giving it up. For me the benefits are not worth the side effects.

September 1, 2014 2:52 PM

Review by philtech (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Didn't seem very effective, increased my heart rate esp when standing. Made me dizzy sometimes, especially when changing positions.

August 25, 2014 10:10 PM

Review by Steve1218:

For Urinary Tract Stones: Had pain left side. Cat scan showed 6mm stone in ureter. Started Flomax twice daily and drank lots of water with lemon juice. Started Flomax on Monday night. Passed stone on Friday morning. No pain. Never needed Lortabs. I have had kidney stone surgery twice. To be able to pass a 6mm stone with no surgery and no pain is wonderful. $12 versus $30,000.

August 8, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Eldar (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Urinary Tract Stones: I get Kidney Stones on a near daily basis trying to pass. I've been in the hospital a total of 35 times in the last year. Each for Kidney Stone pain. After my third visit the doc gave me Flomax and it passed 5 stones all 3-5mm in size within 30 minutes of me taking it. Since then no other Doctor would give it to me because "I didn't need it". Well finally yesterday my doc agreed with me and wrote the prescription I passes a 8mm stone 30 mins after taking the Flomax. I HIGHLY recommended this to anyone who is suffering from a kidney stone. It reduces the pain and makes the passing a WHOLE lot easier.

July 10, 2014 1:00 AM

Review by Lamerlemarks (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Stones: I have had a 6mm stone for almost a year without any problems. Almost a week ago I started having pain with the stone so I went to urologist. He put me on Flomax and pain medicine. He said if it didn't pass in a few days I would need surgery. I didn't want surgery especially because of the stint. I passed the stone a few hours after second dose of Flomax.

June 20, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by still no relief (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Stones: I have been taking Flomax for 7 days and drinking plenty of water and no I still have not passed either kidney stone. So I hope I can get relief super fast.

June 12, 2014 11:04 AM

Review by OceanM (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Stones: I had a jagged 3-4mm stone in my right kidney for months. It wasn't causing much pain, but it was causing regular bleeding. I gave up on it passing on its own and finally went to the family Dr. expecting to hear that I would need a surgical procedure. BUT, the Dr. put me on FloMax; and after just 10 days on this med I passed the stone with very little pain! I regret waiting so long to get help with it. The only side effect I had was the sexual dysfunction described, but it was so minimal it wasn't bothersome enough for me to stop taking the medicine. And the side effect went away after stopping the medicine.

May 28, 2014 3:27 PM

Review by tkr (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Flomax works well as for helping to pee. I hope there is another medicine soon because it interferes with sex life and ejaculations is internal. I must admit though it does help in urination. So if you have an active sex life you may want to ask for a different medicine.

April 28, 2014 10:25 AM

Review by flomax_fan (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Stones: I passed a 4mm stone about an hour after the first pill. So, yeah, I guess it worked OK for me.

March 30, 2014 1:15 PM

Review by MSKer:

For Urinary Tract Stones: I have bilateral medullary sponge kidney disease and pass stones almost daily. Although it does not relieve the pain, it does help pass the stones and prevent an obstruction. I no longer experience any of the side effects like dizziness, but I also take it at night. I have a history of cardiac reactions to medications and sometimes a stone will cause my heart rate to skyrocket to 160 with a blood pressure of 165/100, but it is clearly the stones and not caused by Flomax. My only complaint is that my insurance refuses to pay for this medicine because I am a woman. I don't think that is right, and I'm not going to accept that kind of discrimination. Even my doctor's office is surprised by the discrimination.

March 7, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by totallyforgiven:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: The flow is better. I had to go to the ER, because I could not pee. They catheterized me, got over 800 cc's from bladder. The ER doctor put me on Flomax, I am on blood pressure meds, and they help, but the pharmacist mentioned that Flomax can cause blood pressure to drop even more, and ask if I have a blood pressure monitor and I said yes, she said I should keep a close eye on it. The lowest it got was 108/60, pulse 49. The only positive thing, is that I am peeing again. The worst thing and this had never been an issue, is that, when I get the urge to go pee, I have to RUN to the bathroom or I won't make it in time. ER Dr. wants me to follow up with my PCP ASAP.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2013 2:41 PM

Review by Spymann1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Almost immediate issues with syncope, had to stop taking and go back to Urologist.

September 22, 2013 5:34 PM

Review by Pistol Pete (taken for less than 1 month):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Started getting some relief within 24 hrs of starting, which is considerably faster than the doc said. Still some hesitancy, but flow much better. No side effects. Hard to complain. Just do it! I suffered too long, might have done some damage had I gone much longer.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2013 4:46 PM

Review by jpozenel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Flomax works great and quickly too, but it sure makes me feel bad. I find myself skipping days and those days I feel much better. When I take it I feel tired, slow, and light-headed...like I'm in a bit of a fog.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 3:47 PM

Review by Wyosteve:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I am 57 with Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. Was having problems urinating and have been on Flomax 1 yr., after several weeks problem pretty much gone. Side effects are stuffy nose and a reduction in semen volume. All in all am pleased with it.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2013 11:15 PM

Review by BEENEE BOY:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: It works but it affects my ejaculation during sex. I've been taking it for a while. It depends on how old you are for that not to matter.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2013 11:07 PM

Review by Scottathan:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Does exactly what it says it does. Helps stream and urine flow and eases discomfort. Absolutely kills sex drive, causes abnormal ejaculate and possibly causes irritability. Hopefully something better comes along, but I need it. Take if you need it, but avoid if you can.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2013 11:12 PM

Review by The Calvinator:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Only the brand Flomax works for me. After falling asleep on the seat a few times I switched to Flomax brand and it made all the difference in the world. If I DO wake up to pee, I pee. It's like having a 30-year-old prostate (not 65). But I can pee, whee!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by savage107 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: On for about 2 weeks, many side effects. Stopped using per Drs. orders.

July 17, 2013 4:16 PM