User Reviews for Flomax

Overactive Bladder 9 reviews 22 medications

4.9
Summary of Flomax reviews 130 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Flomax

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Flomax works great and quickly too, but it sure makes me feel bad. I find myself skipping days and those days I feel much better. When I take it I feel tired, slow, and light-headed...like I'm in a bit of a fog. I also notice that my vision is very much blurred when I take this drug. It takes hours after waking for my vision to be somewhat clearer. I'm supposed to take it twice a day, but once a day is more than sufficient. There doesn't seem to be a lower dosage in a capsule, so I open them and dump some of it out. It's pretty inexpensive so that's not a problem."

jpozenel May 17, 2016

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Very fast heart beat"

DRB44l (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I've passed several stones, this was one of the worst and the first time flomax was prescribed. I have never had such ease passing a stone before and would highly recommend this for anyone suffering from a stone."

Bellerose (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I went to emergency 7 days ago with kidney pain. I had stone in both kidneys. 5mm to right, 3 mm to left. Two doctors talked to me one was experienced & other was & fresh graduate. They told me I am going through surgery. I am self employed I had bad experience with fresh grad doctor 2 years ago. He operated me for lithotripsy & put a stent in me. Stent was not placed properly & I know how I spent 2 weeks with stent. Now I refused to become their practice animal. They prescribed me flomax 0.4mg for 7 days. I passed small stone within 5 days next two days I passed second stone. Only discomfort was shortness in breath, a little bleeding from nose & frequent urge to pee. I continue my business in this duration. Thanks flomax."

Mian sb (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "felt the familiar symptoms of a stone. doctor said it was 4 mm. gave me flowmax. I had symptoms of the stone for about 3 days. Took one flowmax pill, and within 8 hours the stone passed. My past experience was to have two stones stick and require surgery. Was it the flowmax, or would it have passed on its own? Who knows....for now I am a believer!"

spud1000 March 24, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I have frequent kidney stones and for awhile was at a lose on how to deal with them. Eventually, after several horrible hospital trips, my primary doctor prescribed me Flomax and told me to take one a day during an attack. Flomax has been an absolute life saver for me. Within an hour, my pain subsides and I am normally able to pass the stone that same day. I carry Flomax with me everywhere now. It has helped reduce the anxiety I had about when my next kidney stone would occur because I know I have a pill that really works."

Lyndsayxo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I had a kidney stone 2 millimeters for two weeks I just find out about Flomax I took one pill and 5 hours later the stone was out I recommend this to everyone who have a kidney stone that really works Flomax really works"

gigi101 March 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Had severe pain in right side went to ER They gave me pain med and did a CT scan found A 3mm stone sent me home feeling real good I took a anti nausea med Flomax and pain meds for pain. I took on a lot of water felt pain from time to time as stone traveled 5th day had a good amount of discomfort in groin area while in shower after had pain peed a little pushed hard with muscles in abdomen nothing came down. Took more Meds got up peed it out after a couple hours. Flomax made me pee hard but no bad side affects"

Sweet machinist March 7, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Improved urine flow in the beginning, but over time it seems to lose effectiveness. Doing 0.4mg tablet, 1 per day. Sideffects: just feel weak all around and have dry ejaculations."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Diagnosed with 5 mm stone in October. Dull ache in lower back and pink urine. Given flomax and started drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day. In February to ER with extreme pain - could not stand or sit - pain felt like a spasm that started mildly in my lower left abdomen and then grew to the point of extreme (10/10) from my abdomen down to my feet. CT showed stone had moved just slightly to the outflow of my kidney. Had procedure to remove it with ureteral stent placement afterwards. If flomax did anything, I am not aware of it."

TD1960 February 25, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "just started taking flomax (generic)..waiting to see what happens. On the web, most of the reviews are very negative and not encouraging. Why does this drug still get prescribed ? With all of the negative reviews I have just read, it really amazes me this drug is used for BHP.."

Trouper72 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Six weeks postpartum of having my baby I started experiencing UTI symptoms. After two rounds of antibiotics, ruling out appendicitis, the dr. concluded it must be a kidney stone. Told me to drink lots of water. For a month I experienced dull pain, extreme pain, to no pain. Finally I had excruciating pain. My hubby drove me to the hospital. Went to the Outpatient building (to avoid ER cost). Got CT scan and KUB scan. The urologist fit us in that day to look over. I had a 7mm stone that had reached my ureter. She prescribed Flomax. After 1 dose and 9 hours later, I passed the stone. Didn't even feel it pass! Woke up next morning and didnt feel pain. Went back to Outpatient for KUB scan and showed no stone! Only symptoms were dizziness."

HME February 5, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have severe back pain and have been vomiting"

DIGGER 1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I get stones frequently, have had lythotripsy for two of them. Finally I saw a new urologist and she gave me Flomax. I had Zero side effects. It didn't make me pee more often but when I did go it was like a raging river and moved my stone rift on out quickly. I will never have another stone without being prescribed Flomax and I tell any of my friends who get stones to use it. Also when I did pee it completely emptied my bladder/kidneys and relieves so much pressure. Life saver for sure !!!!"

Carvertwin77 January 23, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have been taking Flomax-CR in tablet (pill) form for over two years for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. After few side effects, it performed as expected, I am able to sleep 5 ~ 6 hours without need to go to the washroom. However, after a year of taking Flomax-CR, constipation problems with bloated intestine appeared more and more frequently with more and more acute severe pain every time it occurred. Thanks to my wife, a chemist , found the probable cause was found after putting a tablet (pill) in an acid solution to mimic the gastric environment and observing the evolution with time. The tablet swells to the size of a small marshmallow and doesn't dissolve even after a month time. Looking at Flomax on internet, it appeared that it was usually provided as a capsule rather than a tablet. I consulted with my doctor, then my pharmacist and asked for capsules instead of tablets as well as a laxative to flush my intestine before starting the capsules. I have been taking capsules for five weeks now without any occurrence of constipation, bloating and abdominal cramps. A test was run to compare capsules versus tablets (pills), stimulating the stomach environment and using distilled water as a blank. The following picture shows clearly the results. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hlDGSKHrGCYVZHcDJrTjlxZW8 In the acidic environment solution, the capsule dissolves within few hours at room temperature. The tablet swells to a small marshmallow size (10~15 mm) and sticks to the glass wall of the tube. Two weeks later, the swelled tablet is still not dissolved and its consistency is similar to non-set epoxy glue. In conclusion, it might be important to me to know ahead the side effects of all the non medical part of a prescribed drug entering the digestive system as much as the active ingredients. Constipation and abdominal cramps are listed as possible side effect for Flomax-CR which is a control released tablet. Web search shows that Flomax-CR is only available in Canada: The low rating (3/10) is for Flomax-CR (pills). I would give a rating (7/10) to Flomax in capsules."

Jeannot Lapin (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I was hit with severe pain on a Friday morning. Ended up in the emergency room with a 6mm kidney stone on my right side. I was given Morphine and Toradol thru IV. I didn't hurt as much Saturday. In Sunday the pain came back and I ended back in the ER. I ended up with an awful UTI with this kidney stone. This time I was prescribed an antibiotic and Flomax. I filled it Monday and took one immediately. My stomach felt a little weird. A little bloating occurred. I drank a lot of water with lemon and Gatorade. I eased up on pain meds Tues only took my flomax. Weds morning I took it early and went back to bed. I got up to pee and there it was at the bottom of toilet. Didn't hurt or feel it at all."

6MM (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Ten hours after taking the first dose I had a pulse rate of 126, atrial fibrillation, arrythmia, and high hypertension. I took no more."

PentecostalChristian January 17, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Flomax helps in the passing of kidney stone had stone for two months but wasn't drinking enough water. I stared drinking 1gal of water every day also 3 glasses of lemon n water and 3 cups of hibiscus tea in two days passed stone."

ERNIE R December 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones "After kidney stone surgery 3 weeks ago I was given the Flomax to rid myself of the smaller stones. After reading on line the horror stories of this drug's side effects, which included running nose, blurred vision and unable to achieve orgasm, I was very reluctant to use it. I'm happy to report in the limited time using Flomax, I've had no side effects. I mean none."

Rickysllc123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones "I have frequent kidney stone attacks. On one trip to the ER I was given a prescription for Flomax and decided to fill it. Next time I got an attack I took one and was amazed that the stone passed within about an hour! Normally I would have been in agony for hours before passing the stone. I make sure to carry Flomax with me now. Two days ago I got another attack, took one Flomax and the pain stopped and the stone passed shortly thereafter."

Needsleep1945 December 29, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "After a few days Flomax did work and increased my stream. I was unable to orgasm or ejaculate on this drug. If you have no interest in sex it does work. I took lowest dosage. I believe it was .04 MG I stopped taking the drug. Going to Dr. to try another."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones "I felt like someone hit me in the back one day, it throbbed and felt swollen. It bothered me for a few hours. Two weeks later I couldn't pee and it hurt so bad I went to ER. They did cat scan to find a 6mm kidney stone in my ureter. They started me on Flomax. I followed up with my doctor and 2 weeks later I passed it with no pain except a little pain when I peed. I don't know if it were the Flomax or chanca piedra that I bought did it But it was painless and I was so worried. Now I will take it to my doctor to be analyzed."

Lynee1029 December 6, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "After 4 years of taking Trospium doctor tried me on Flomax. Not only did it not work I expereinced terrible side effects including racing heart for 3 hours each day, sweating, heavy legs, stomach upset, lightheadness and shaking. Also went from not having to get up at all during the night to needing to get up and urinate 2-3 times each night. Now going back on the trospium"

Red1977 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones "Wow, Flomax made my stone pass with one dose after 3 months of pain, worry, CAT scans, and the urologist thinking it was prostatitis. Wish they gave it to me in the ER in August! Stone was 8mm x 5mm, and got stuck in three places on the way down. Thank you Flomax!"

BrianGock November 25, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones "29years old. Kidney stone dropped me to the floor, in tears, on my first day of work @ a great new job. Manager had to drive me to ER. Not a good look in a blue collar line of work. Literally threw up on myself from the pain. Turned down morphine due to past narcotic dependency. Toradol saved me that day, but stones not gone. Got CT done, "One 5mm, two 2mm". Flomax for past three weeks. Just passed an 8mm stone....laughing & joyously celebrating! Haha I've watched my father suffer through a dozen stones. He never took flomax. I know that what I just passed should not have come out that easily/painlessly."

Whoa (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015