User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Also known as: Flomax

Learn more about Tamsulosin.

Urinary Tract Stones 63 reviews 16 medications

8.2
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 95 reviews 15 medications

6.1
Overactive Bladder 23 reviews 22 medications

5.3
Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 181 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Tamsulosin

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "this medication has help me a lot I pee stronger and a lot less times. I am 62 and the sex is great if you don't care if you come or not, this is a magic pill, I stay hard untill she comes then I fake like I came and all is well."

curtis l. April 11, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Very fast heart beat"

DRB44l (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I've passed several stones, this was one of the worst and the first time flomax was prescribed. I have never had such ease passing a stone before and would highly recommend this for anyone suffering from a stone."

Bellerose (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I went to emergency 7 days ago with kidney pain. I had stone in both kidneys. 5mm to right, 3 mm to left. Two doctors talked to me one was experienced & other was & fresh graduate. They told me I am going through surgery. I am self employed I had bad experience with fresh grad doctor 2 years ago. He operated me for lithotripsy & put a stent in me. Stent was not placed properly & I know how I spent 2 weeks with stent. Now I refused to become their practice animal. They prescribed me flomax 0.4mg for 7 days. I passed small stone within 5 days next two days I passed second stone. Only discomfort was shortness in breath, a little bleeding from nose & frequent urge to pee. I continue my business in this duration. Thanks flomax."

Mian sb (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "felt the familiar symptoms of a stone. doctor said it was 4 mm. gave me flowmax. I had symptoms of the stone for about 3 days. Took one flowmax pill, and within 8 hours the stone passed. My past experience was to have two stones stick and require surgery. Was it the flowmax, or would it have passed on its own? Who knows....for now I am a believer!"

spud1000 March 24, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I have frequent kidney stones and for awhile was at a lose on how to deal with them. Eventually, after several horrible hospital trips, my primary doctor prescribed me Flomax and told me to take one a day during an attack. Flomax has been an absolute life saver for me. Within an hour, my pain subsides and I am normally able to pass the stone that same day. I carry Flomax with me everywhere now. It has helped reduce the anxiety I had about when my next kidney stone would occur because I know I have a pill that really works."

Lyndsayxo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Has no noticeable effect. I still need to urinate slowly and patiently several times nightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 16, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I had a kidney stone 2 millimeters for two weeks I just find out about Flomax I took one pill and 5 hours later the stone was out I recommend this to everyone who have a kidney stone that really works Flomax really works"

gigi101 March 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Had 3mm stone for a month. Went to ER twice, the second time morphine was not effective that is when doctor prescribed this medication at that point I was unable to pass urine but felt the extreme need to go. Doctor indicated I also had mild bladder infection due to inability to pass urine. Took this medication for two weeks and an hour or so after each daily dose was able to urinate which was a joy I had taken for granted. Stone passed at the end of two weeks... never felt it but pain has been gone for weeks. Drink lots of lemon water and pray kids I know its tough but I never had any side effects with this drug and would recommend it."

California Barbie March 13, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Had severe pain in right side went to ER They gave me pain med and did a CT scan found A 3mm stone sent me home feeling real good I took a anti nausea med Flomax and pain meds for pain. I took on a lot of water felt pain from time to time as stone traveled 5th day had a good amount of discomfort in groin area while in shower after had pain peed a little pushed hard with muscles in abdomen nothing came down. Took more Meds got up peed it out after a couple hours. Flomax made me pee hard but no bad side affects"

Sweet machinist March 7, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Improved urine flow in the beginning, but over time it seems to lose effectiveness. Doing 0.4mg tablet, 1 per day. Sideffects: just feel weak all around and have dry ejaculations."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Diagnosed with 5 mm stone in October. Dull ache in lower back and pink urine. Given flomax and started drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day. In February to ER with extreme pain - could not stand or sit - pain felt like a spasm that started mildly in my lower left abdomen and then grew to the point of extreme (10/10) from my abdomen down to my feet. CT showed stone had moved just slightly to the outflow of my kidney. Had procedure to remove it with ureteral stent placement afterwards. If flomax did anything, I am not aware of it."

TD1960 February 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Female aged 59 in Europe. Kidney stone (5mm) moved to ureter (just outside bladder) 6 weeks ago. Been on tamsulosine (Flomax in US) for 5 weeks. Stone not moved. Ureteroscopy scheduled for next week. Horrible side effects (fatigue, dizzy, stuffy nose, headache/sinus pain, minor nose bleeds, minor breathlessness) but continue to use in hope it might move before surgery."

thskohb February 19, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "In the past week, suddenly I started having frequent urination and painful urges to urinate. It became so bad that I was going every couple minutes. I ended up in the ER. My urine culture came back fine, by blood tests came back fine, my X-Ray and CT scans were both negative. They assumed I had just passed a kidney stone and sent me home. The frequency and urge persisted and I wasn't getting sleep and stopped going to work. FINALLY, the doctor prescribed me Flomax. I have an appointment to get a bladder ultrasound tomorrow and to see a urologist in two weeks. They think there is a possibility I may have Intersistial Cystitis. I just took my first dose of Flomax and have no idea what to expect. Suggestions?"

jlgowe01 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "just started taking flomax (generic)..waiting to see what happens. On the web, most of the reviews are very negative and not encouraging. Why does this drug still get prescribed ? With all of the negative reviews I have just read, it really amazes me this drug is used for BHP.."

Trouper72 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Six weeks postpartum of having my baby I started experiencing UTI symptoms. After two rounds of antibiotics, ruling out appendicitis, the dr. concluded it must be a kidney stone. Told me to drink lots of water. For a month I experienced dull pain, extreme pain, to no pain. Finally I had excruciating pain. My hubby drove me to the hospital. Went to the Outpatient building (to avoid ER cost). Got CT scan and KUB scan. The urologist fit us in that day to look over. I had a 7mm stone that had reached my ureter. She prescribed Flomax. After 1 dose and 9 hours later, I passed the stone. Didn't even feel it pass! Woke up next morning and didnt feel pain. Went back to Outpatient for KUB scan and showed no stone! Only symptoms were dizziness."

HME February 5, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have severe back pain and have been vomiting"

DIGGER 1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones: "After 3 weeks of pain from a kidney stone the doctor prescribed flomax. Took one tablet and passed it in an hour. Could not believe it. Brilliant stuff."

Mk72 January 23, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I get stones frequently, have had lythotripsy for two of them. Finally I saw a new urologist and she gave me Flomax. I had Zero side effects. It didn't make me pee more often but when I did go it was like a raging river and moved my stone rift on out quickly. I will never have another stone without being prescribed Flomax and I tell any of my friends who get stones to use it. Also when I did pee it completely emptied my bladder/kidneys and relieves so much pressure. Life saver for sure !!!!"

Carvertwin77 January 23, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have been taking Flomax-CR in tablet (pill) form for over two years for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. After few side effects, it performed as expected, I am able to sleep 5 ~ 6 hours without need to go to the washroom. However, after a year of taking Flomax-CR, constipation problems with bloated intestine appeared more and more frequently with more and more acute severe pain every time it occurred. Thanks to my wife, a chemist , found the probable cause was found after putting a tablet (pill) in an acid solution to mimic the gastric environment and observing the evolution with time. The tablet swells to the size of a small marshmallow and doesn't dissolve even after a month time. Looking at Flomax on internet, it appeared that it was usually provided as a capsule rather than a tablet. I consulted with my doctor, then my pharmacist and asked for capsules instead of tablets as well as a laxative to flush my intestine before starting the capsules. I have been taking capsules for five weeks now without any occurrence of constipation, bloating and abdominal cramps. A test was run to compare capsules versus tablets (pills), stimulating the stomach environment and using distilled water as a blank. The following picture shows clearly the results. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hlDGSKHrGCYVZHcDJrTjlxZW8 In the acidic environment solution, the capsule dissolves within few hours at room temperature. The tablet swells to a small marshmallow size (10~15 mm) and sticks to the glass wall of the tube. Two weeks later, the swelled tablet is still not dissolved and its consistency is similar to non-set epoxy glue. In conclusion, it might be important to me to know ahead the side effects of all the non medical part of a prescribed drug entering the digestive system as much as the active ingredients. Constipation and abdominal cramps are listed as possible side effect for Flomax-CR which is a control released tablet. Web search shows that Flomax-CR is only available in Canada: The low rating (3/10) is for Flomax-CR (pills). I would give a rating (7/10) to Flomax in capsules."

Jeannot Lapin (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I was hit with severe pain on a Friday morning. Ended up in the emergency room with a 6mm kidney stone on my right side. I was given Morphine and Toradol thru IV. I didn't hurt as much Saturday. In Sunday the pain came back and I ended back in the ER. I ended up with an awful UTI with this kidney stone. This time I was prescribed an antibiotic and Flomax. I filled it Monday and took one immediately. My stomach felt a little weird. A little bloating occurred. I drank a lot of water with lemon and Gatorade. I eased up on pain meds Tues only took my flomax. Weds morning I took it early and went back to bed. I got up to pee and there it was at the bottom of toilet. Didn't hurt or feel it at all."

6MM (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Ten hours after taking the first dose I had a pulse rate of 126, atrial fibrillation, arrythmia, and high hypertension. I took no more."

PentecostalChristian January 17, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "age 74 on flow max/tamsulosin for 8 years. I started .4 mg & later to ,8 mg. I never had a problem while on it. Pee strong stream, no stones yet. Dr. prescribed Finesteride 2 years ago because Flomax alone was not enough to keep stream adequate. No problems. Tamsulosin alone kept me urinating for 8 years. Life is Better when you are peeing normally."

eddy mak January 15, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "My Doctor prescribed Flomax Min Dose, I was on for 10 years for a weak urine stream. Looking back,the condition for the weak stream was probably more psychological, Stress related. All medical examinations indicated normal to small prostate size and normal PSA level. All blood work test showed normal. When I started the medication,my urine stream strength improved with no noted side effects, I was Happy. I was laid off, insurance ran out I couldn't afford the medication. I noticed after a few weeks that my Body was seriously depend on Tamsulosin. I could barely urinate & It still very painful. After 2 mo. condition improved a bit but still there, No infections.I'm fearful of taking meds long term. Doc didn't tell me this could happen. Don't know what 2 do! "

Retrograde ejac. developed (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Flomax helps in the passing of kidney stone had stone for two months but wasn't drinking enough water. I stared drinking 1gal of water every day also 3 glasses of lemon n water and 3 cups of hibiscus tea in two days passed stone."

ERNIE R December 30, 2015