User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Also known as: Flomax

Learn more about Tamsulosin.

Urinary Tract Stones 37 reviews 16 medications

8.4
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 78 reviews 15 medications

6.1
Overactive Bladder 18 reviews 22 medications

5.5
Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 133 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Tamsulosin

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I've been taking tamusulin for about four months now for BPH. I have minimal results with weakened urine flow to the point that I feel that my bladder is about to burst and finally get trickle flows stop and go but, not able to fully empty my bladder. Side effects are stuffy or clogged sinuses which interfere with my CPAP and O2 I take 24/7. Also I'm unable to ejeculate and my erection is painful although my erections are bigger. Frustrating to say the least. Am I facing surgery? Don't want surgery."

bwyarr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Passed a 6 mm stone. It was stuck for 4 days, I went to the hospital and was given Flomax and sent home. It passed in 2 days. It worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I just took Flomax today 2 1/2 hours ago and just passed my stone. I have had to have my stone surgically removed usually. This is fantastic. I will use next time I have an attack."

Anonymous August 10, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "This was my first stone, so I really have nothing to compare my experience to. But leading up to my first dose of Flomax, I had strong "discomfort" associated with my stone, and never the excruciating pain others have experienced. The stone was in my ureter already by time I started flomax, and I passed it painlessly after less than 2 weeks of taking the medication. It was a 5mm stone, which my doctor said I had a 50/50 chance of passing on my own. I'm not sure if it was the medication, or just luck that got this to pass so smoothly. But I'm giving this a positive review anyway."

Davey Boy July 21, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I had the worst pain of my life and thought I was dying. I went to the ER and they found a 4mm stone on my left side. They prescribed Flomax and pain meds. I will say the stone was barely in my ureter when this ordeal all started. The Flomax is recommended for bedtime dosing because of the possible side effects of drowsiness, dizziness oh and I get a stuffy nose. The original stone passed in 3 days and I had no idea because there was no pain. I also had a second stone on the other side form and it passed on its own with no pain. I like Flomax, for me the benefits out weigh the side effects!"

MJWaller (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I am currently almost 65 years of age. For several years I suffered off and on with symptoms of BPH (frequent urination, difficulty urinating, weak stream, etc) day and night. Sometimes I would wake up 8-10 times a night for bathroom visits. Not being a person who goes to doctors regularly I tried about every OTC and home remedy I could find. Two months ago I finally visited a doctor and described my condition. He prescribed Flomax and I started noticing improvement within a few weeks of taking it. After about five weeks I was sleeping 6-7 hours between bathroom visits. I have noticed no side effects other than slight occasional headaches which may or may not be related to the use of Flomax. Thank you Flomax!"

Bude (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Excellent! Just passed a 5 x 6 mm stone after 4 days of taking this medicine. I didn't believe it will work but I am amazed. I would definitely recommend it even though it does have some side effects such as drowsiness etc."

MrinalUK May 27, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Not for me. Causes inflammation in the body. Not good."

helped empty bladder very little side effects stuffy sinuses stomache problems (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Flomax helped me to pass a 6mm stone with very minimal drama. I am a female who passes a stone about every five years and have typically needed procedures to remove even smaller stones that would get stuck en route. I went to the Dr. with familiar flank pain, had a CT, and was prescribed Flomax. It took three weeks but I had minimal pain (took plain old Advil) and could carry on with work. AWESOME! No side effects either, which I had been worried about."

CanadaPanda May 17, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I had been having difficulty getting started for some months, then 2 weeks ago I started getting a burning sensation when urinating. My doctor tested for an infection but found nothing. I have been taking this medication for 1 week. 12 hours after taking the first dose the effect was amazing, no difficulty, no burning. First morning I felt very slightly light-headed, but it passed within a minute or two. No other side effect."

David-A May 16, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones: "My family nicknamed me the stone and gravel factory. Start off with I've had 3 Lithotripsy's to break up monster stones; on top of passing over 100 (3mm or less stones). Needless to say it was painful - the last occurance I was taken to the emergency room due to get this..... dry heving..... and dehydration (This is the first time I'd ever had the uncontrollable vomit/heving issue). So on the ambulance ride from hell they shoot me with morphine it did little to nothing for the pain - but made me feel good about huting. The doc comes in and hits me with Tamsuloin in the IV...... SECONDS later the pain is nearly gone. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Since then I have a standing script for the stuff and I'm fully human again."

Able to breath (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "i was prescribed this crap almost 18 months ago and it has nearly killed me. Bad sleep to start with,tired all the time, dizzy, hard to breath and I couldn't do anything without gasping . I stopped this 3 days ago and its a friggin miracle. I feel great I can breath, can walk with gasping and had a good sleep last night. Well yes it could be something else. ---I have been to cardiologist --gastroenterogist-- and 3 more and they didn't see the relationship. Crap even had a angiogram after 2 STENTS that were done. Last angio said no need for stent and after that still felt terrible with symptoms above. I stopped tamsulosin and feel great. What a friggin joke medicine"

joe dillon (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I had severe urination problems at 64to 65 years of age. I couldn't hardly urinate when I wanted where I wanted. It was painful to urinate and could not empty out. I saw a urologist and had a camera stuck up my penis. My prostate is the size of battleship. I have been taking this tamsulosin for nine months and it has made it so I can urinate with out pain. It has been great. Side effects are not so. Retrograde ejaculation takes the fun out of orgasm. Sleepy and listless often. I think I am going to have surgery to ream out the prostate, and have been weighing the issues. You might as well try this stuff on and make your own decision. For now, it sure has helped. Before, I had to get up three or four times a night to pee a little."

MojoRisinn April 26, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I found Flomax very effective for increasing the size of my urine flow, and taking away the uncomfortable pressure I felt moments before urinating. I take the lower dose of .4MG, and have found that taking it every-other day is as effective for me as taking it daily."

Rick1360 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I have cysteine stones...huge & chronic & constant! Passed 9 small stones within 30 mins after taking. And with very little pain in the uretha but doesn't help much with the ureter pain. I will use this again but not on a daily routine. Only when needed. Worry about side effects about a medicine meant for men."

Tlc3po (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Prescribed Flomax for a stone I had for 7 weeks working through, came out with minimal drama within 48 hours. No really side effects."

kaizermattias... April 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones: "(Preface by saying this is my first and hopefully last stone). I had sudden and severe lower-abdomen pain on a Monday, so I went to the emergency room. I had a CT scan performed and the hospital discovered a 3.5mm obstruction in my ureter. I was feeling fine by that evening when I was released. They gave me a prescription for Flomax but I received Tamsulosin (the generic equivalent). My urologist told me to continue with the Tamsulosin and to filter all my urine. I had no further pain until the weekend, Saturday into Sunday it was pretty bad, but I didn't pass anything. Come Wednesday (8 days after starting Tamsulosin), I had PASSED the stone with NO PAIN. Don't listen to all the horror stories. Take the Tamsulosin!"

emdkay (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I was on this for 3 days. I annoy sure if it helped the stone or not, but I felt completely out of it. I drove the first day to an appointment and was terrified, felt worse than drinking a ton of alcohol. Luckily made it, but then caught myself staggering around and not being able to focus or even form complete sentences at times. After two days I stopped taking it....I have never felt this out of it on anything else. Am curious to know what actually occurred in my body to create all those side effects. I have a little pain from my kidney stone, but have a clear head again. Had to skip work 2 days it was bad, driving and decision making was chaotic!"

FoggyonFlomax (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "This was my third kidney stone. The first two (3mm) were very painful and I used pain killers, no flomax. The ER did a CAT scan and said this stone was 5 mm and located at the junction between the ureter and kidney, and was causing mild hydronephrosis. They gave me flomax and pain meds. I do not like to take medicine and since pain was bearable at that point, I just took the flomax not the pain meds. I was skeptical since the FDA has only approved Flomax in men with prostate issues but doctor explained it helps the ureter stretch. I took it in the evenings after dinner and had no noticeable side effects. Took about two weeks, but stone passed and I never took a singe pain pill - did drink tons of water, had a bit of cramping, that's all!"

Santa Paula (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Doc prescribed tamsulosin to help with moderate Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia symptoms after I underwent the Urologix Cooltherm TUMT treatment in his office. The TUMT treatment basically cooks the interior part of the two prostatic lobes with microwaves. Cool idea, though sounds awful but easier than getting a dental cleaning. TUMT is a gradual cure as the cooked tissue is absorbed and eliminated over 6-12 weeks. Also the cooking can cause some temporary swelling and temporarily make symptoms worse Effects: -immediate help with BPH symptoms. -no dizziness or similar. -some temporary feeling of muscle weakness but gone after a few days -1st day after starting had retrograde ejaculation; normal ejaculation daily -penis more sensitive, bigger flaccid."

Reddog311 February 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Passed a 9 mm stone in three days. A little pain, but better than having the big rock killing me softly. I am in Flomax again, hoping to pass a bunch of stones I have in my left kidney again."

Rocky(not the boxer) January 22, 2015

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Been on Flomax for 6 weeks. 4.8 mm stone still hasn't passed. It is getting close though as I feel like a small elephant on a pogo stick is jumping on my bladder."

scoopself December 5, 2014

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I been drinking the pills for one week already and still haven't pass my kidney stone."

Jbau November 9, 2014

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I will recommend Flomax to anyone with kidney stones..mine was a sharp intense pain on the left side of my back. I haven't had this kind of pain in my life. It's worse than child labour pain. Been battling with the pain until the urologist prescribed this medicine..in less than 2 weeks I passed it out with no pain."

Okereke Maggie October 14, 2014

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Suffer from uric acid stones on an average of every 4-6 months. Was given a prescription for Flomax last ER visit; filled it to keep on hand. Two days ago had an attack and decided to try the Flomax. Amazingly, the stone passed in an hour and a half instead of the next day!....This has never happened before and it really shortened the terrible pain which usually lasts many hours. I will definitely try this next time I have an attack, which I KNOW will happen again."

Carolelinda (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2014