User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Also known as: Flomax

Learn more about Tamsulosin.

Urinary Tract Stones 18 reviews 16 medications

5.7
Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 102 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Tamsulosin

Review by Eldar (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: I get Kidney Stones on a near daily basis trying to pass. I've been in the hospital a total of 35 times in the last year. Each for Kidney Stone pain. After my third visit the doc gave me Flomax and it passed 5 stones all 3-5mm in size within 30 minutes of me taking it. Since then no other Doctor would give it to me because "I didn't need it". Well finally yesterday my doc agreed with me and wrote the prescription I passes a 8mm stone 30 mins after taking the Flomax. I HIGHLY recommended this to anyone who is suffering from a kidney stone. It reduces the pain and makes the passing a WHOLE lot easier.

July 10, 2014 1:00 AM

Review by Billy Joe Jim Bob (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Urinating well, but took several months for full effect. Still going twice a night. But flow is good. I would say this is the best thing since sliced bread if it weren't for the sexual side effects. My orgasms before taking Flomax were very intense. Now after four months it is like I even don't want to have sex. There is build up, but no release whatsoever.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by Lamerlemarks (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: I have had a 6mm stone for almost a year without any problems. Almost a week ago I started having pain with the stone so I went to urologist. He put me on Flomax and pain medicine. He said if it didn't pass in a few days I would need surgery. I didn't want surgery especially because of the stint. I passed the stone a few hours after second dose of Flomax.

June 20, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by still no relief (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: I have been taking Flomax for 7 days and drinking plenty of water and no I still have not passed either kidney stone. So I hope I can get relief super fast.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2014 11:04 AM

Review by fonzi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Overactive Bladder: The retrograde ejaculation is a terrible

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by OceanM (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: I had a jagged 3-4mm stone in my right kidney for months. It wasn't causing much pain, but it was causing regular bleeding. I gave up on it passing on its own and finally went to the family Dr. expecting to hear that I would need a surgical procedure. BUT, the Dr. put me on FloMax; and after just 10 days on this med I passed the stone with very little pain! I regret waiting so long to get help with it. The only side effect I had was the sexual dysfunction described, but it was so minimal it wasn't bothersome enough for me to stop taking the medicine. And the side effect went away after stopping the medicine.

May 28, 2014 3:27 PM

Review by Awesomeguy:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: First dose gave me increased flow and great relief from that obnoxious 'never quite empty' feeling and frequency, urgency and dribbling that I had lived with for the past 5 years or so. I just hope I can keep taking it, as I am experiencing side effects, including feeling very lightheaded - similar to like being over the legal limit on alcohol! I have also had muscle weakness and a very lethargic feeling. Had some nausea, but I am not sure if that was from the medicine or from my diverticulitis. Interesting that the description says it is intended to relax the muscles bladder neck and prostate. I also gained about an inch when flaccid, and "the boys" seem to be hanging lower, too. Time will tell if I can keep taking this.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by tkr (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Flomax works well as for helping to pee. I hope there is another medicine soon because it interferes with sex life and ejaculations is internal. I must admit though it does help in urination. So if you have an active sex life you may want to ask for a different medicine.

April 28, 2014 10:25 AM

Review by zevvy:

For Urinary Tract Stones: Diagnosed with 2x3mm stone in ER on a Friday night. Given antibiotic, pain medicine, and Flomax. Passed stone within 48 hours! Amazing as I am a skeptical female RN. Side effects- only mild dizziness with first dose. Do I attribute ease of passage with this medication- certainly.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 10:02 PM

Review by flomax_fan (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: I passed a 4mm stone about an hour after the first pill. So, yeah, I guess it worked OK for me.

March 30, 2014 1:15 PM

Review by MSKer:

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: I have bilateral medullary sponge kidney disease and pass stones almost daily. Although it does not relieve the pain, it does help pass the stones and prevent an obstruction. I no longer experience any of the side effects like dizziness, but I also take it at night. I have a history of cardiac reactions to medications and sometimes a stone will cause my heart rate to skyrocket to 160 with a blood pressure of 165/100, but it is clearly the stones and not caused by Flomax. My only complaint is that my insurance refuses to pay for this medicine because I am a woman. I don't think that is right, and I'm not going to accept that kind of discrimination. Even my doctor's office is surprised by the discrimination.

March 7, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by johnnyhighstick (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: After using Flomax for over a year with excellent results my Insurance, stopped paying for brand Flomax and I was switched to generic tamsulosin. Immediately I was unable to urinate. I had to double my dosage, causing more side effects, blurred vision light headedness. Now the generic brand was switched again to another maker and the symptoms are back fully despite my double dosing.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by totallyforgiven:

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: The flow is better. I had to go to the ER, because I could not pee. They catheterized me, got over 800 cc's from bladder. The ER doctor put me on Flomax, I am on blood pressure meds, and they help, but the pharmacist mentioned that Flomax can cause blood pressure to drop even more, and ask if I have a blood pressure monitor and I said yes, she said I should keep a close eye on it. The lowest it got was 108/60, pulse 49. The only positive thing, is that I am peeing again. The worst thing and this had never been an issue, is that, when I get the urge to go pee, I have to RUN to the bathroom or I won't make it in time. ER Dr. wants me to follow up with my PCP ASAP.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2013 2:41 PM

Review by Spymann1 (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Almost immediate issues with syncope, had to stop taking and go back to Urologist.

September 22, 2013 5:34 PM

Review by Pistol Pete (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Started getting some relief within 24 hrs of starting, which is considerably faster than the doc said. Still some hesitancy, but flow much better. No side effects. Hard to complain. Just do it! I suffered too long, might have done some damage had I gone much longer.

September 19, 2013 4:46 PM

Review by jpozenel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Flomax works great and quickly too, but it sure makes me feel bad. I find myself skipping days and those days I feel much better. When I take it I feel tired, slow, and light-headed...like I'm in a bit of a fog.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 3:47 PM

Review by Wyosteve:

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I am 57 with Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. Was having problems urinating and have been on Flomax 1 yr., after several weeks problem pretty much gone. Side effects are stuffy nose and a reduction in semen volume. All in all am pleased with it.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2013 11:15 PM

Review by BEENEE BOY:

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: It works but it affects my ejaculation during sex. I've been taking it for a while. It depends on how old you are for that not to matter.

August 2, 2013 11:07 PM

Review by Krystal 25 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Urinary Tract Stones: I have had kidney stones for 2 years now off and on. I was prescribed Flomax for the first round. I passed the stone. This round the medicine has made me 'faint' have very low blood pressure and just feel like I have the flu. I am 25 year old Female.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2013 1:38 PM

Review by Scottathan:

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Does exactly what it says it does. Helps stream and urine flow and eases discomfort. Absolutely kills sex drive, causes abnormal ejaculate and possibly causes irritability. Hopefully something better comes along, but I need it. Take if you need it, but avoid if you can.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2013 11:12 PM

Review by The Calvinator:

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Only the brand Flomax works for me. After falling asleep on the seat a few times I switched to Flomax brand and it made all the difference in the world. If I DO wake up to pee, I pee. It's like having a 30-year-old prostate (not 65). But I can pee, whee!

July 22, 2013 10:51 PM

Review by savage107 (taken for less than 1 month):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: On for about 2 weeks, many side effects. Stopped using per Drs. orders.

July 17, 2013 4:16 PM

Review by Fsoldier (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Lowered my blood pressure, excessive dizziness. Extreme fatigue, chest pain.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2013 8:55 PM

Review by rustylwb (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: As good as any I've taken.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2013 12:11 PM

Review by phantomjetpilot (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Works great for symptoms, BUT causes sinus problems, including drainage and stuffiness.

March 1, 2013 2:38 PM