User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Bactrim Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 302 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Bactrim to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"Made me very sick"

Tee Lee (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

"I am in my second uti this month. I went to the doctor the first time and was prescribed macrobid and my uti came back in two weeks. Now I'm on Bactrim and it seems to work really well minus the headaches. I like it the a lot better and I feel like it's actually gone now"

Red93 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

"I was prescribed Bactrim for a very painful UTI that I could not flush out naturally with water and cranberry. My UTI pain subsided after about 5 hours of the first dose of Bactrim which is great. However, the side effects are not so pleasant. I have had chills, mild diarrhea, vivid nightmares/dreams and extreme migraines. I am on day 3 of a 7 day prescription, but I am contemplating stopping after day 4 or 5 if the side effects continue. The side effects are still not as bad as the UTI pain!"

Anonymous December 16, 2015

"I suffer with regular UTI's due to a chronic pelvic prolapse I can't get anyone to take seriously. Since having a hysterectomy and estrogen-suppression therapy for adjuvant therapy for cancer the UTI's have worsened. Bactrim does have side effects, but since I can't take Macrobid, I'm stuck with this or Cipro. I'm starting to think I'm developing a resistant strain of infection, but the Bactrim seems to take care of it."

IDunnoWho November 22, 2015

"I took this for a UTI and I had horrible side effects. I could not sleep, extremely dizzy and nauseated, constipated, and had bad indigestion. I lost my appetite and was vomiting acid."

-A November 16, 2015

"I took Bactrim and I had no side effects. Bactrim worked for me. It definitely took the burning feeling away..... Also the cloudy and different smelling urine left."

Che rol (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

"I've taken my fair share of medications for UTIs and so far this one seemed to be the most effective as far as relieving symptoms quickly. My doctor prescribed me to take two pills a day for 10 days. I felt relief from UTI symptoms as soon as the 2nd or 3rd day. That being said, it has some nasty side effects. They say you can take it with or without food and I'm guessing that because it makes your stomach feel horrible either way. I've experienced diarrhea, painful gas and bloating, and nausea, since the first day of taking it. From my experience this can usually be expected with strong antibiotics. My advice would be to take a probiotic to help counterbalance! I've done it before and it helps me."

krs1993 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

"I always talk to the pharmacist and educate myself take the time to do that ask your dr before taking the prescription why waste your money this medicine did not give me any side effects."

JUDGEKINGDOG (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

"Bactrim was the worst antibiotics I have taken. I was prescribed this medicine for a UTI from a the Dr and I took one pill before I went to bed and felt fine. It was like 4 am it when I got hit with a massive headache from hell. I could not sleep and then about 2 hours later around 6am. I started vomiting until all I could vomit out was my stomach acid. Horrible! That day I still had a bad headache and nauseous all day. I discontinued the pill and flushed them all down the toilet!"

joker12 September 16, 2015

"I mean it did its job but geeeez it makes me feel like a pile a poo about a half hour after I take it. I had to take it with pepto so I wouldn't puke it up. At least it worked after 3 days"

Lolokay September 3, 2015

"I took this medicine for 3 days and experienced severe nausea. Been off of it for 1 and I'm still experiencing it off and on. It feels horrible. I will never take this medicine again. I must be allergic to it."

Anonymous August 6, 2015

"Broke me out in a horrendous rash (apparently I am allergic to sulfa drugs) and had to take a steroid for 5 days to get rid of it. And still had the UTI infection on top of it"

B765 July 4, 2015

"I was given a 10 day course of bactrim. I made through 2.5 days before going back to the doctor. I had severe diarrhea. I was going every 15 minutes and wasn't able to sleep. It seemed to help my uti symptoms, but I almost ended up in the hospital. Now I'm prescribed cipro when I get a uti."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

"this treatment is the best to kill any bacteria in your body I treat my urine tract infection,star taking the medication 5 pm by 9 pm was a relieve no pain at all and be able to urinate with out any discomfort always you have to fallow up all step after this treatment ,drink lots of water,very happy no upset stomach at all."

Gatito May 27, 2015

"I am barley able to WRITE THIS!!!... SOO ITCHY!! MY ENTIRE BODY IS COVERED IN GODDAMN RASHES THAT ARENT GOING AWAY AND ARE ITCHY AS HELL HEAD TO FING TOE..."

Chillic May 10, 2015

"Was prescribed Bactrim by a walk in clinic. Shoulda known better. After 2 days, I experienced some awful side affects - chills, fevers, night sweats, insomnia, diarrhea, and migraines - for three days. I thought I was going to die. After I finished my prescription, I got this terrible head to toe rash that itches like crazy. My UTI is gone but it was not worth the rash and three days of near death. Does anyone know what I can do for this rash?"

Elle K (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

"I'm having the worst gastrointestinal problems and I'm only on day 3/7. I have extremely constipated, I have gas and bloating and I have nausea right after I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

"This is definitely my favourite medicine to treat urinary tract infections. I have a longstanding history with UTI's, one even sent me to the ER. The best part about this medicine is that it works quickly and feel relief within the first dose, which is great. I tried nitrofurantin once and absolutely hated it because of side effects & will stick with this. Luckily I've never experienced any negative side effects & I've taken with and without food. No nausea, nothing! It's definitely a hefty sized pill though."

CB1992 April 21, 2015

"Something really bad happened to me 14 years ago that caused trauma to the urinary tract. Ever since I have used Bactrim on a regular basis to flush out my bladder and urethra of bacteria because my body does not do a sufficient job through urination. If you take it on an empty stomach, it will make you feel really sick, but the medicine is awesome and I highly recommend it."

Superstar11111 January 7, 2015

"It's currently 12:30am, and I'm wide awake on a school night typing this. I didn't exactly have all the symptoms of a urinary tract infection, but always have the urgency to pee. I went to urgent care, and the doctor prescribed me Bactrim. I've been on it for 3 days (today will be my 4th), and I have yet to see results. According to some of you, it doesn't start working until the 5th day, which still gives me hope since the doctor told me it would work within 2 days. What I have been seeing is nausea, diarrhea, shakiness, insomnia, extreme headaches, and loss of appetite. I really hope this works. The constant urge to pee pretty much ruins what little social life I have. Having to make constant trips to the bathroom doesn't fit well with football games."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2014

"I ended up with a urinary tract infection due to my diabetes. My PA prescribed Bactrim and I have not experienced any side effects. The burning and urge to urinate, but even after 2 days still feel like the bladder was not emptied. It is day 5 and I noticed some discoloration in urine in the morning hours. I take it that is due to some bleeding. It went back to clear yellow tonight. I am carefully completing the course of this medication and hope it works for others like it has for me. I feel great!"

Mr. Happy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"Seemed to clear up my infection, but started feeling nauseous the next day. Steadily got worse each day. On the fourth day developed a severe headache but slept it off. Doctor instructed me to stop taking it. Experienced severely high blood pressure. Also made my abdominal muscles feel weak"

anonnn July 31, 2014

"I was prescribed Bactrim and felt worse right away. After reading the side effects, I told myself that what I was feeling was normal. I took the prescribed dosage (2 per day) for 5 days, feeling even worst on the 5th day - shaky, diarrhea, headache, nervousness, unable to sleep. Then after some research, I discovered that there also were interaction side effects with my blood pressure medications. "

KittyBee May 10, 2014

"I just started Bactrim. I have noticed a significant change for the better. For those of you that get yeast infections, eat lots of yogurt if you can. I have found this has helped me in the past."

Anonymous January 5, 2014

"Took Bactrim for 3 days. Cleared up the urinary tract infection but became very nauseous, weak, chills, sweats, no appetite and shaky. Still weak and somewhat nauseous after 3 days of not taking it. "

GOOGS1951 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next