User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Bactrim Review Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Bactrim to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I am barley able to WRITE THIS!!!... SOO ITCHY!! MY ENTIRE BODY IS COVERED IN GODDAMN RASHES THAT ARENT GOING AWAY AND ARE ITCHY AS HELL HEAD TO FING TOE..."

Chillic May 10, 2015

"Was prescribed Bactrim by a walk in clinic. Shoulda known better. After 2 days, I experienced some awful side affects - chills, fevers, night sweats, insomnia, diarrhea, and migraines - for three days. I thought I was going to die. After I finished my prescription, I got this terrible head to toe rash that itches like crazy. My UTI is gone but it was not worth the rash and three days of near death. Does anyone know what I can do for this rash?"

Elle K (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

"I'm having the worst gastrointestinal problems and I'm only on day 3/7. I have extremely constipated, I have gas and bloating and I have nausea right after I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

"This is definitely my favourite medicine to treat urinary tract infections. I have a longstanding history with UTI's, one even sent me to the ER. The best part about this medicine is that it works quickly and feel relief within the first dose, which is great. I tried nitrofurantin once and absolutely hated it because of side effects & will stick with this. Luckily I've never experienced any negative side effects & I've taken with and without food. No nausea, nothing! It's definitely a hefty sized pill though."

CB1992 April 21, 2015

"Something really bad happened to me 14 years ago that caused trauma to the urinary tract. Ever since I have used Bactrim on a regular basis to flush out my bladder and urethra of bacteria because my body does not do a sufficient job through urination. If you take it on an empty stomach, it will make you feel really sick, but the medicine is awesome and I highly recommend it."

Superstar11111 January 7, 2015

"It's currently 12:30am, and I'm wide awake on a school night typing this. I didn't exactly have all the symptoms of a urinary tract infection, but always have the urgency to pee. I went to urgent care, and the doctor prescribed me Bactrim. I've been on it for 3 days (today will be my 4th), and I have yet to see results. According to some of you, it doesn't start working until the 5th day, which still gives me hope since the doctor told me it would work within 2 days. What I have been seeing is nausea, diarrhea, shakiness, insomnia, extreme headaches, and loss of appetite. I really hope this works. The constant urge to pee pretty much ruins what little social life I have. Having to make constant trips to the bathroom doesn't fit well with football games."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2014

"I ended up with a urinary tract infection due to my diabetes. My PA prescribed Bactrim and I have not experienced any side effects. The burning and urge to urinate, but even after 2 days still feel like the bladder was not emptied. It is day 5 and I noticed some discoloration in urine in the morning hours. I take it that is due to some bleeding. It went back to clear yellow tonight. I am carefully completing the course of this medication and hope it works for others like it has for me. I feel great!"

Mr. Happy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"Seemed to clear up my infection, but started feeling nauseous the next day. Steadily got worse each day. On the fourth day developed a severe headache but slept it off. Doctor instructed me to stop taking it. Experienced severely high blood pressure. Also made my abdominal muscles feel weak"

anonnn July 31, 2014

"I was prescribed Bactrim and felt worse right away. After reading the side effects, I told myself that what I was feeling was normal. I took the prescribed dosage (2 per day) for 5 days, feeling even worst on the 5th day - shaky, diarrhea, headache, nervousness, unable to sleep. Then after some research, I discovered that there also were interaction side effects with my blood pressure medications. "

KittyBee May 10, 2014

"I just started Bactrim. I have noticed a significant change for the better. For those of you that get yeast infections, eat lots of yogurt if you can. I have found this has helped me in the past."

Anonymous January 5, 2014

"Took Bactrim for 3 days. Cleared up the urinary tract infection but became very nauseous, weak, chills, sweats, no appetite and shaky. Still weak and somewhat nauseous after 3 days of not taking it. "

GOOGS1951 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was prescribed Bactrim DS 2x a day for 10 days to clear a urinary tract infection. I was having nausea, acid reflux and intestinal/digestive issues that felt like irritable bowel syndrome or Stomach Flu by the 3rd day. After the 5th day I decided to stop taking it and the infection is gone along with all side effects. I am glad I decided to stop taking it, it seems Bactrim DS 2x a day was a bit too much for me."

Ans247 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Great for urinary tract infection."

Kelly Lyn July 8, 2013

"Always works well with no side effects."

Sam b July 1, 2013

"Prescribed Bactrim for a urinary tract infection. On day 4 of medication and have been experiencing diarrhea since day 2. Severe nausea and no appetite. Terrible migraine and cannot sleep."

Bactrim for uti (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2013

"It works awesome. If you have problems with this medicine it is probably due to being allergic to it, so stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2012

"I took Bactrim once for a Urinary Tract infection. I can't remember exactly how many days I was instructed to take the pill, but I know it was over a week. Everything was fine up until the 9th day, then my entire body broke out in hives."

Guest1098 April 22, 2012

"I took Bactrim for 3 days for a urinary tract infections. I found relief only hours after taking the antibiotics but experienced severe nausea that continued to get worse no matter how much water I drank or how much I ate. Needless to say, I will be calling my family doctor to try something else."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

"Works great."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

"Bactrim cleared up my urinary tract infection, but gave me a raging yeast infection. I now request Keflex for UTI's."

Anonymous December 29, 2011

"I used this medication a few times to treat a urinary tract infections and two times I experienced severe allergic reactions where I had hives on my tongue, neck and face, and they left scars. Be careful."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

"I took it with almost no side effects. I did have a headache one day, but that could have been from anything. My only complaint was that the pills were huge and hard to swallow."

Anonymous October 12, 2011

"Caused joint and tendon pains, made my hand go numb and ruined my tendon in my thumb so it doesn't bend right now and sticks in place."

Anonymous October 3, 2011

"I'm taking Bactrim twice a day for ten days. I was taking five day course of Cipro and had a migraine headache, which wouldn't go away. Cipro didn't even help me, I still had white blood cells and blood in my urine which makes for a bad urinary tract infection. The PA gave me Bactrim. I still have a slight headache but the UTI was so bad, I can deal with these side effects. The pressure in my bladder area has subsided and five more days to go. I can handle Bactrim."

Anonymous September 14, 2011

"I took it for 5 days, and it seemed to help, but now 2 days after the last pills I'm in a lot of pain again. Perhaps it would've been more effective had I been on it a few more days."

erinmcg August 6, 2011