User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 58 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Bactrim DS

Review by whohol: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bronchitis: Felt so sick to my stomach, laid in bed for 2 weeks, I experienced bloating, nausea, couldn't eat. Cramping was serious, I suffered from chills, fever, aches and pains. Headache was also present, made me feel lightheaded also. Couldn't function.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2014 10:30 AM
Review by CBLagoon (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Prostatitis: Bactrim cured my prostatitis within two weeks, however I had to stop taking it earlier than prescribed because I discovered I was allergic. I noticed flu-like symptoms, including chills, fever, and horrible muscle aches. On top of that, I developed a head to toe rash that itched like crazy. Imagine being sore and itchy at the same time. Luckily, all of this subsided within a few days of quitting Bactrim. Since the antibiotic kills bacteria everywhere, I noticed I had flawless skin for about a week. But that didn't last. The bacteria came back with a vengeance and I developed the worst acne of my life. I'm now taking doxycycline and using expensive creams to combat this. It's been two months since I stopped Bactrim and I am still breaking out!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 12:22 AM
Review by Mariaaaaaaaa: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: Developed a skin rash all over my body, headache, stomach discomfort, neck stiffness, itchiness, anxiety. The majority of the symptoms pretty much.

January 24, 2014 12:49 PM
Review by nickname: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: I've been on it for 6 days now and I feel the same as I did before. This is my first time taking it for a sinus infection. I guess it doesn't work for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 16, 2013 3:53 PM
Review by elletee: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Make sure Bactrim is actually the correct medication for your UTI! I took Bactrim for 4 days with no relief before my doctor's office got the results back from my UA and realized that Bactrim is resistant to the bacteria causing my UTI. Now I am taking Cipro and it seems to be doing the trick. I did not have any side effects with Bactrim though, it just didn't work for me.

November 11, 2013 11:18 AM
Review by ktbaby94: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: My derm put me on this medicine after trying another. I break out on my chest, and once I started taking the medicine it cleared up in about two weeks. I haven't experienced any side effects!

November 3, 2013 8:14 PM
Review by sonya2785: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: Excellent

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 1, 2013 12:18 AM
Review by lollipop69 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Bactrim did a great job! My whole lower part of the body hurt and burned, it was awful. I couldn't even walk for a while without feeling strong pain. Going to the toilet was a nightmare and it happened every five minutes. I took Bactrim and the symptoms got worse, but then in two days I was cured. no pain, no nothing. Bactrim is perfect.

August 9, 2013 9:01 PM
Review by angellwingg: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have frequent urinary tract infections and I've taken this many times but hadn't in five or so years because my urinary tract infection became resistant to it. Now since I'm taking it again its given me the jitters and acid reflux but those are still better that cystitis.

June 20, 2013 3:21 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Had a 7 day prescription of Bactrim DS. The first two days I had a headache, then the 3rd day I started feeling nausea which turned into nausea/dizziness/and constant fatigue. I've been off the medicine for 36 hours and still feel extremely exhausted, and still dizzy and a little queasy at times.

April 5, 2013 4:01 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: I started off with a cut near my mouth that got infected with Staph which then spread to my mouth and throat. I could not eat for a week because of the terrible sores in my mouth. I was prescribed Cefidinr and after being on that for 3 days had no improvement, but as soon as they put me on Bactrim it started clearing up within hours!

February 24, 2013 12:50 PM
Review by Nary (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Infection: I have been on Bactrim DS for 6 days (4 more to go) and was diagnosed with MRSA. I feel the medicine is working VERY WELL but my side effects are bad! I feel nauseous ALL day. I have a hard time eating. I feel like I'm pregnant. My stomach cramps, sometimes bloated, a little bit of dizziness here and there, and always feeling like I am going to throw up. I'm just really glad that Bactrim DS is working for my MRSA because I really don't want to go through different meds and then having to end up being hospitalized because I couldn't find the right antibiotics for treatment.

January 18, 2013 3:08 PM
Review by Mandyc1994 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I have been taking this medicine for a week and my pimples are significantly smaller, which is a plus because I've had severe acne for 3 years now. The only problem is that it gives me insomnia, sweats, headaches in the mornings, stomach sickness, and nausea. The side effects are brutal, and I'm considering finding another solution. This is the third acne medicine I've tried and has helped the most, but also affected me the most negatively.

December 27, 2012 11:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I asked my doctor for a different type of antibiotic to take for this urinary tract infection instead of Cipro. This is my second day taking Bactrim for my UTI and I can already see improvement! It feels like the infections almost gone. I do however get a little bit of an upset stomach so eat something substantial just before taking it and drink a few more bottles of water than normal and you will be golden!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 29, 2012 10:07 AM
Review by calgenie (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Third day of medicine but still having symptoms. Those of you who report adverse reactions and then go on taking the medicine should know that is not a good idea. I am allergic to several antibiotics, and my doc says stop taking at the first sign of any reaction as it can be very serious.

August 2, 2012 9:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: Medicine cleared up skin problem but I have been tired, dizzy, nauseous, and have had stomach distress the whole time. Today was so bad I went to the emergency room just to be sure there was nothing else wrong with me.

July 3, 2012 9:11 PM
Review by 123oscar78: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Prostatitis: Good medicine but takes 4-6 weeks to resolve.

May 15, 2012 3:39 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have been on Bactrim DS for 7 days. After day 3 I began to notice severe headache about 4 hours after taking the Bactrim. Now on day 7, I have not only had headache, but light-headedness/nausea. With only 3 days left, I am going to continue the medicine. My urinary tract infection symptoms have improved finally after 5 days.

May 13, 2012 3:58 PM
Review by none01:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I also had similar experiences and side effects like lethargy, shaking, confusion slightly, severe fatigue, headaches, aches and pains, but kept taking the medicine anyway because the pain of a urinary tract infection is much much worse. I'd rather suffer for a short time with these symptoms then suffer with a bladder infection.

April 13, 2012 11:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Used this medication for three days. It appeared to work well until my urinary tract infection returned a week after I finished the medication. My doctor then prescribed Cipro. My fingers are crossed, praying this cures it.

January 30, 2012 7:25 PM
Review by suzykale: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: I took Bactrim DS after the first antibiotic didn't work on my sinus infection. I started to feel better after 4 days, however I developed joint pain in my hands and knees. I have arthritis from an autoimmune disease, but it's usually controlled very well by a maintenance medicine. On day 8 I noted lots of swollen glands in my neck and a slight temp. After I took my antibiotic that night my fever shot up to 103, I was shaking, teeth chattering, with severe joint/muscle pain, my face looked sunburned, and my body was red/blotchy. I stopped the Bactrim, but the fever lasted 2-3 days, the arthritis was severe for about a week and I still have fatigue. Good news is ENT did recheck and infection is gone.

January 25, 2012 8:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Infection Prophylaxis: I've been taking this pill for almost my entire life to help keep off bad infections and it's been a miracle worker for me (I don't have any natural immunity, was born that way) so this pill helps me avoid any bad infections and thus far has worked great. I've never experienced any side effects from it.

December 4, 2011 3:12 PM
Review by Goosewoman: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have bad side effects from all antibiotics, which is why I ended up with a long-standing urinary tract infection. I was given Bactrim DS by my doctor. I was really afraid to take this medications, so I cut a pill in half. I also took 1/4 of a Phenergan to help with possible nausea. I was fine all day. No side effects at all until about 4 hours in. Then I developed extreme body aches, especially stiff neck and a low grade fever (which lasted 3 days). I didn't take another one, checked my urine with a dipstick and it was clear. Unfortunately the urinary tract infection came back the next day because I didn't take enough. I tried 1/4 of a pill and had the same side effects 4 hours later. No more of those for me. Going back to the doctor for something else.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 30, 2011 2:28 PM
Review by redpuff: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Received a seven day prescription for Bactrim and on the 5th day lost appetite, had terrible body aches, and extreme fatigue. On the 6th day, had a fever, and chills too. Stopped the treatment on the 7th day. Then on the evening of the 8th day developed a rash all over my upper body and face. Pharmacist recommend Benadryl which helped somewhat. Having a urinalysis in a week and surely hope it worked and cleared up my urinary tract infection.

September 4, 2011 6:33 PM
Review by wisernow: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Bad adverse reactions: heart racing, low blood pressure, kidney and bladder pain, severe nausea, shaking so that I could not drive, fatigue, blurred vision . Rash came out after I went off the drug.

August 27, 2011 7:30 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video