User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Pneumonia 0 reviews 164 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 124 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 96 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Bactrim DS

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Not sure that the medication did much as my abscess burst the night I started the antibiotics. All I know is that by the 3rd and 4th day of antibiotics I was feeling generally unwell, had a headache and awful nausea."

Nickerz14 September 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm 21 years old with my first UTI. My symptoms started on Saturday (constant urge to go, lower abdominal pressure/cramps, and an extremely uncomfortable urge to continue voiding even after I was done, and dark yellow/brown urine) went to the doctor yesterday(Wednesday) and was prescribed a 7 day prescription to bactrim. My symptoms seemed to dissipate within hours (was still feeling them just not as severe) I've taken 3 doses and all my symptoms have stopped and I can have full voids. Not feeling any side effects From the medication, but glad to be feeling better. Urine was still sent in for a culture. Been drinking lots of cranberry juice and water at my doctors recommendation to "flush" everything out. Feel much better"

Apbeaeryl August 13, 2015

For Infection Prophylaxis "I was on it for 5 weeks to prevent infection on my mastectomy site while drains were in place. No infection but mild nausea in the mornings became all day and more intense after 4 weeks."

RaytoGO August 10, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I have been having skin infections on my breasts off and on for 6 yrs. Ever since I developed mastitis when I was breastfeeding. I've been given Bactrim DS each time and advised to use Neosporin CREAM, not ointment. I'm not sure if it works all that great. It DOES take care of the red, rashy looking inflammation surrounding the "boil"/"blister", but does not seem to even really touch the actual blister itself. Without medication it will take 3 - 4 weeks or so to heal, with meds it it takes 2 weeks. I think it has alot to do with the healing of the red rash part... so I continue to take it. The only side effect I have noticed is an almost unquenchable thirst. But, no nausea, insomnia or headaches for me."

Nicole in Tx (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Bactrim helped with my bladder infection symptoms, but I have had the worst headache for three days straight from it. It hurts so bad that I've been nauseous. I hope I never have to take this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2015

For Acne "Having acne for most of your teenage years into your early 20s is not fun. Being a 21 year old who went through Doxycycline and Minocycline, I thought I exhausted all of my options. I saw a few dermatologists who pushed Accutane down my throat. I said no. I went to my family doctor and I've been on Bactrim DS for over 6 months now and it is the best thing that has cleared up my acne. So powerful. I would highly recommend this medication."

Vin202020 June 21, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was diagnosed with a staph infection and prescribed bactrim DS. It has not had any effect on the infection after five days. In fact it has gotten worse. It makes me shake and I can't seem to think straight."

nhappy June 12, 2015

For Prostatitis "It would be a mission to complete 6 week of dosage but eventually it will provide relief but long duration is a problem. You feel depressed and gait disorder is also there..."

Tyagi convergys (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Prostatitis "This is the best medicine as it never ceases to response in extreme cases.and takes 4 weeks course to resolve the issue."

vishal gurgaon (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I have used this medicine. For a stap bacterial infection. Normally 9 years ago it would work rapidly and in 10 days it would be completely gone. But it has come back several times through the years. Now with this last infection I'm having to take double the dose, every 12 hours and I notice it is been hard it to get rid of. I'm hoping I won't get this skin boil again because I'm afraid of the antibiotics are not working 100%. What other options are there to take? But the bactrim is been my saver, til now"

canada23 May 3, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I had an abscess that had been draining for about 6-days without end and finally went to the ER and had it lanced and packed. The ER doctor prescribed Bactrim DS. After two days I become dizzy and nauseous and pretty much bed ridden. Based on the reviews here and other sites I have discontinued using the drug. (10-day dosage) The abscess has stopped draining seems to be doing okay after taking the meds for 5-days. Also the ER doctor failed to notice that my HBP med conflicts with this med. (Lisinopril) Next time I will do more research. Normally, I do but I felt so miserable, I assumed they knew better."

Big J in Bama (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

For Acne "This works wonders for my skin! My dermatologist recommended it after I cycled through a few other medications and topicals to no avail (never did accutane, though). I've been frustrated with my skin for years and although birth control definitely helped, I was still breaking out on a fairly regular basis. Once I started this medication the results were almost immediate. Within a week my skin was looking smooth and much less spotty. I very rarely get pimples while on this stuff, although blackheads are still a minor issue. Nothing a little makeup can't fix. So happy that this works so well for me!"

Solferino (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It's my 4th day on Bactrim and it has not been great. I feel better from the overall symptoms but I've been fatigued and super groggy and for the first day I had a horrible headache. I keep feeling my heart pounding in my head and ears, but I agree with pretty much everyone else on here, the symptoms from the cure are better than the symptoms of my bladder/kidney infection. I've got 6 more days... Is it effective? Yes. Is it an enjoyable experience? No."

y1223445 March 17, 2015

For Sinusitis "Took medication with the warning that it needed to be taken with "plenty of water". Woke up in the middle of the night with a severe headache and went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning for work and had debilitating nausea. I really hope this is just a temporary thing and I don't have to do this every time i take it."

SarahGabriella (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took a form of this medication a couple of years ago (Septra, which has the same ingredients) and it cleared up my UTI, although I thought it was a little slow to fully work. So when I got a UTI about a week ago suddenly, I asked my doc to prescribe it for me again, only this time it was Bactrim. I'm funny with antibiotics, I don't like taking them and I have a very sensitive stomach, so I like to stick with what works. Took it again this time, and noticed my symptoms improved, then got bad again. I had two side effects this time, loss of appetite and jittery feeling. I went back to my doc and my urine sample still showed white blood cells, so they sent my sample out to be cultured for a better prescription. It helped but didn't cure it."

DeeAW2010 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

For Prostatitis "After 3 1/2 weeks, I developed a skin rash, which started itching horribly. The rash and itching continued for two weeks (13 days) after stopping the medication. Apparently Sulfa allergies are fairly common. Benadryl helped the itching a bit."

JTbc March 12, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It didn't work it gave me a cold and headaches and severe cough and a yeast infection, it's day 7 of 10 and I have NO RELEIF. I do not recommend this. Maybe it just doesn't work for me I don't know. I don't think I'd ever use it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "it is important to know medications affect everyone differently Your genetic chemical makeup is not the same as sue or bill. FYI you are encouraged to drink lots of water when taking Bactrim not everyone will have the same symptoms it is a sulfa drug so if you have an allergy to Sulfa drugs then you might want to tell your doctor let him know and they can prescribe you something else only thing I've had symptom wise with bactrim is a headache and ibuprofen will normally help with the body aches and headache but if you are having any adverse reaction it's a good idea to let your physician or pharmacy know. Zofran is good for nausea and benedryl may be effective with hives or rash but if you have any concerns please consult a medical profes"

kimberlyjaex (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have had these urinary tract infections and the only thing that works quickly is the Bactrim DS. It works in a matter of days. Side effects are different for everyone but as mild as mine have been I would choose this over any other antibiotic. Very happy! Make sure that you always take the full dose and the whole bottle as prescribed even though it feels like it's going away. best wishes!"

Mustang girl (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I have a large swollen infection believed to be staph infection. This medicine is working well but day 2 I am so nauseous even after taking Zofran 8mg I can not bare the thought of swallowing it or anything else. I've taken this before and did not get this effect. I have many other health issues at the time but I was shocked I reacted this way."

daisy's mom February 9, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim DS for a Paronychia infection on my right index finger. There was no apparent abscess so the doctor felt a script of Bacrtim DS would do the job. After taking the first pill I began to fill dizzy and nauseous. Over the next few days I had barely any appetite and wanted to sleep all day. I felt like I could not get enough sleep. I was also extremely sensitive to the sunlight which only enhanced my desire to sleep more. Over all the infection did not appear to change in the 3 1/2 days on the antibiotic but that is not to say it did not work. I just was not able to function on it therefore I called my doctor for something else."

GloryGirl2005 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

For Sinusitis "I took this for four and a half days. I experienced complete appetite loss, nausea, fatigue, abdominal pain, and anxiety. I had blood work done before I took the Bactrim and when I got my results back it turned out I didn't have a bacterial infection at all. All that for nothing. I still haven't completely recovered my appetite and it has been almost a week since my last dose."

Telewit8530 January 29, 2015

For Sinusitis "The pressure in my head is gone but I have been getting extreme nausea and fatigue since I started it 5 days ago."

hfriedlund (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

For Acne "After 16 years of very severe acne I have finally perfect solution, cleared my face within 1 month. Love it, perfect!"

Hanc (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "For those that are experiencing headaches and nausea, drink a glass of milk before taking Bactrim. This always works for me."

Rhiannoncat December 22, 2014