User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 85 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 135 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 88 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Bactrim DS

For Prostatitis "This is the best medicine as it never ceases to response in extreme cases.and takes 4 weeks course to resolve the issue."

vishal gurgaon (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I have used this medicine. For a stap bacterial infection. Normally 9 years ago it would work rapidly and in 10 days it would be completely gone. But it has come back several times through the years. Now with this last infection I'm having to take double the dose, every 12 hours and I notice it is been hard it to get rid of. I'm hoping I won't get this skin boil again because I'm afraid of the antibiotics are not working 100%. What other options are there to take? But the bactrim is been my saver, til now"

canada23 May 3, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I had an abscess that had been draining for about 6-days without end and finally went to the ER and had it lanced and packed. The ER doctor prescribed Bactrim DS. After two days I become dizzy and nauseous and pretty much bed ridden. Based on the reviews here and other sites I have discontinued using the drug. (10-day dosage) The abscess has stopped draining seems to be doing okay after taking the meds for 5-days. Also the ER doctor failed to notice that my HBP med conflicts with this med. (Lisinopril) Next time I will do more research. Normally, I do but I felt so miserable, I assumed they knew better."

Big J in Bama (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

For Acne "This works wonders for my skin! My dermatologist recommended it after I cycled through a few other medications and topicals to no avail (never did accutane, though). I've been frustrated with my skin for years and although birth control definitely helped, I was still breaking out on a fairly regular basis. Once I started this medication the results were almost immediate. Within a week my skin was looking smooth and much less spotty. I very rarely get pimples while on this stuff, although blackheads are still a minor issue. Nothing a little makeup can't fix. So happy that this works so well for me!"

Solferino (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It's my 4th day on Bactrim and it has not been great. I feel better from the overall symptoms but I've been fatigued and super groggy and for the first day I had a horrible headache. I keep feeling my heart pounding in my head and ears, but I agree with pretty much everyone else on here, the symptoms from the cure are better than the symptoms of my bladder/kidney infection. I've got 6 more days... Is it effective? Yes. Is it an enjoyable experience? No."

y1223445 March 17, 2015

For Sinusitis "Took medication with the warning that it needed to be taken with "plenty of water". Woke up in the middle of the night with a severe headache and went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning for work and had debilitating nausea. I really hope this is just a temporary thing and I don't have to do this every time i take it."

SarahGabriella (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took a form of this medication a couple of years ago (Septra, which has the same ingredients) and it cleared up my UTI, although I thought it was a little slow to fully work. So when I got a UTI about a week ago suddenly, I asked my doc to prescribe it for me again, only this time it was Bactrim. I'm funny with antibiotics, I don't like taking them and I have a very sensitive stomach, so I like to stick with what works. Took it again this time, and noticed my symptoms improved, then got bad again. I had two side effects this time, loss of appetite and jittery feeling. I went back to my doc and my urine sample still showed white blood cells, so they sent my sample out to be cultured for a better prescription. It helped but didn't cure it."

DeeAW2010 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

For Prostatitis "After 3 1/2 weeks, I developed a skin rash, which started itching horribly. The rash and itching continued for two weeks (13 days) after stopping the medication. Apparently Sulfa allergies are fairly common. Benadryl helped the itching a bit."

JTbc March 12, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It didn't work it gave me a cold and headaches and severe cough and a yeast infection, it's day 7 of 10 and I have NO RELEIF. I do not recommend this. Maybe it just doesn't work for me I don't know. I don't think I'd ever use it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "it is important to know medications affect everyone differently Your genetic chemical makeup is not the same as sue or bill. FYI you are encouraged to drink lots of water when taking Bactrim not everyone will have the same symptoms it is a sulfa drug so if you have an allergy to Sulfa drugs then you might want to tell your doctor let him know and they can prescribe you something else only thing I've had symptom wise with bactrim is a headache and ibuprofen will normally help with the body aches and headache but if you are having any adverse reaction it's a good idea to let your physician or pharmacy know. Zofran is good for nausea and benedryl may be effective with hives or rash but if you have any concerns please consult a medical profes"

kimberlyjaex (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have had these urinary tract infections and the only thing that works quickly is the Bactrim DS. It works in a matter of days. Side effects are different for everyone but as mild as mine have been I would choose this over any other antibiotic. Very happy! Make sure that you always take the full dose and the whole bottle as prescribed even though it feels like it's going away. best wishes!"

Mustang girl (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I have a large swollen infection believed to be staph infection. This medicine is working well but day 2 I am so nauseous even after taking Zofran 8mg I can not bare the thought of swallowing it or anything else. I've taken this before and did not get this effect. I have many other health issues at the time but I was shocked I reacted this way."

daisy's mom February 9, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim DS for a Paronychia infection on my right index finger. There was no apparent abscess so the doctor felt a script of Bacrtim DS would do the job. After taking the first pill I began to fill dizzy and nauseous. Over the next few days I had barely any appetite and wanted to sleep all day. I felt like I could not get enough sleep. I was also extremely sensitive to the sunlight which only enhanced my desire to sleep more. Over all the infection did not appear to change in the 3 1/2 days on the antibiotic but that is not to say it did not work. I just was not able to function on it therefore I called my doctor for something else."

GloryGirl2005 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

For Sinusitis "I took this for four and a half days. I experienced complete appetite loss, nausea, fatigue, abdominal pain, and anxiety. I had blood work done before I took the Bactrim and when I got my results back it turned out I didn't have a bacterial infection at all. All that for nothing. I still haven't completely recovered my appetite and it has been almost a week since my last dose."

Telewit8530 January 29, 2015

For Sinusitis "The pressure in my head is gone but I have been getting extreme nausea and fatigue since I started it 5 days ago."

hfriedlund (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

For Acne "After 16 years of very severe acne I have finally perfect solution, cleared my face within 1 month. Love it, perfect!"

Hanc (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "For those that are experiencing headaches and nausea, drink a glass of milk before taking Bactrim. This always works for me."

Rhiannoncat December 22, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "This made my very sick to my stomach. I couldn't even finish the bottle. I stopped the day before yesterday and still have severe nausea and insomnia. I just want to feel better!"

Sorbs (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have reoccuring UTI's and have taken several different antibiotics for them. I was recently prescribed Bactrim DS. After taking the second pill, the aching, pain and soreness was almost gone. It works better for me than Cipro, but you should always have a urine culture to be sure which antibiotic is best for you. Fortunately, I haven't had any terrible side effects. The only side effect is feeling a bit fatiqued a few hours after taking Bactrim."

SmokyMtnWoman (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

For Acne "I am 24 years old and have struggled with hormonal acne for the past year. I turned into a hermit. I tried a few things with my GP- changed my pill to Estelle- waited 3 months but nothing changed, it only worsened, tried many many many face washes, was prescribed Eryacne and doxycycline, which helped for a short period of time until it came back. I had had enough and decided to get a referral to a dermatologist- I wish I had done this sooner! He gave me Bactrim, which I was to take twice a day for 2 months as well as Epiduo gel. This combination was my saviour! I am now down to 1 tablet a day for another 2 months using Epiduo every second night. This is amazing and cleared up my acne but it does make you VERY sensitive to the sun."

missjess90 September 30, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "Worked after one dose. High dose of 3 strong pills once only. But today I feel lightheaded, dizzy and low appetite."

no name n September 24, 2014

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Best antibiotic I've used. I've never had a problem. And it always get rid of the problem."

LorbyLor September 9, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Hello, have been taking this medicine for 5 days for Cellulitis that developed on my leg below the knee. I had waited 7 days prior to seeking treatment. First three days after getting an injection type not known, thick solution and needle and taking Bactrim and Cephalexin showed little signs of improvement, 4 days showed signs of reduced swelling, 5th day swelling all but gone, reduced redness and warmth at sight. 6th day redness reduced greatly and leg feels normal. However, Side effects extreme fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, overall ill feeling. Overall benefits out way side effects."

Neil A August 12, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "Taken this medicine for urinary tract infection. Pain stopped after taking medicine 1 day. Side effects on day 3 horrible. ..weakness, bad nausea, lightheaded, loss of appetite, and headache."

ms. too August 11, 2014

For Sinusitis "Usually clears up any infections but does sometimes cause extreme nausea and yeast infection."

Sldrwfe (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014