User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 85 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 135 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 82 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Bactrim DS

Review by y1223445:

For Urinary Tract Infection: It's my 4th day on Bactrim and it has not been great. I feel better from the overall symptoms but I've been fatigued and super groggy and for the first day I had a horrible headache. I keep feeling my heart pounding in my head and ears, but I agree with pretty much everyone else on here, the symptoms from the cure are better than the symptoms of my bladder/kidney infection. I've got 6 more days... Is it effective? Yes. Is it an enjoyable experience? No.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by SarahGabriella (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Took medication with the warning that it needed to be taken with "plenty of water". Woke up in the middle of the night with a severe headache and went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning for work and had debilitating nausea. I really hope this is just a temporary thing and I don't have to do this every time i take it.

March 13, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by JTbc:

For Prostatitis: After 3 1/2 weeks, I developed a skin rash, which started itching horribly. The rash and itching continued for two weeks (13 days) after stopping the medication. Apparently Sulfa allergies are fairly common. Benadryl helped the itching a bit.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 1:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: It didn't work it gave me a cold and headaches and severe cough and a yeast infection, it's day 7 of 10 and I have NO RELEIF. I do not recommend this. Maybe it just doesn't work for me I don't know. I don't think I'd ever use it again.

March 8, 2015 12:35 AM

Review by Mustang girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have had these urinary tract infections and the only thing that works quickly is the Bactrim DS. It works in a matter of days. Side effects are different for everyone but as mild as mine have been I would choose this over any other antibiotic. Very happy! Make sure that you always take the full dose and the whole bottle as prescribed even though it feels like it's going away. best wishes!

March 1, 2015 8:56 AM

Review by daisy's mom:

For Bacterial Skin Infection: I have a large swollen infection believed to be staph infection. This medicine is working well but day 2 I am so nauseous even after taking Zofran 8mg I can not bare the thought of swallowing it or anything else. I've taken this before and did not get this effect. I have many other health issues at the time but I was shocked I reacted this way.

February 9, 2015 7:16 AM

Review by GloryGirl2005 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Skin Infection: I was prescribed Bactrim DS for a Paronychia infection on my right index finger. There was no apparent abscess so the doctor felt a script of Bacrtim DS would do the job. After taking the first pill I began to fill dizzy and nauseous. Over the next few days I had barely any appetite and wanted to sleep all day. I felt like I could not get enough sleep. I was also extremely sensitive to the sunlight which only enhanced my desire to sleep more. Over all the infection did not appear to change in the 3 1/2 days on the antibiotic but that is not to say it did not work. I just was not able to function on it therefore I called my doctor for something else.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 12:44 PM

Review by Telewit8530:

For Sinusitis: I took this for four and a half days. I experienced complete appetite loss, nausea, fatigue, abdominal pain, and anxiety. I had blood work done before I took the Bactrim and when I got my results back it turned out I didn't have a bacterial infection at all. All that for nothing. I still haven't completely recovered my appetite and it has been almost a week since my last dose.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 10:02 AM

Review by hfriedlund (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: The pressure in my head is gone but I have been getting extreme nausea and fatigue since I started it 5 days ago.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 4:20 PM

Review by Hanc (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: After 16 years of very severe acne I have finally perfect solution, cleared my face within 1 month. Love it, perfect!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 11:16 PM

Review by Rhiannoncat:

For Urinary Tract Infection: For those that are experiencing headaches and nausea, drink a glass of milk before taking Bactrim. This always works for me.

December 22, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by Sorbs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: This made my very sick to my stomach. I couldn't even finish the bottle. I stopped the day before yesterday and still have severe nausea and insomnia. I just want to feel better!

December 21, 2014 8:16 AM

Review by SmokyMtnWoman (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have reoccuring UTI's and have taken several different antibiotics for them. I was recently prescribed Bactrim DS. After taking the second pill, the aching, pain and soreness was almost gone. It works better for me than Cipro, but you should always have a urine culture to be sure which antibiotic is best for you. Fortunately, I haven't had any terrible side effects. The only side effect is feeling a bit fatiqued a few hours after taking Bactrim.

October 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by missjess90:

For Acne: I am 24 years old and have struggled with hormonal acne for the past year. I turned into a hermit. I tried a few things with my GP- changed my pill to Estelle- waited 3 months but nothing changed, it only worsened, tried many many many face washes, was prescribed Eryacne and doxycycline, which helped for a short period of time until it came back. I had had enough and decided to get a referral to a dermatologist- I wish I had done this sooner! He gave me Bactrim, which I was to take twice a day for 2 months as well as Epiduo gel. This combination was my saviour! I am now down to 1 tablet a day for another 2 months using Epiduo every second night. This is amazing and cleared up my acne but it does make you VERY sensitive to the sun.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by no name n:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Worked after one dose. High dose of 3 strong pills once only. But today I feel lightheaded, dizzy and low appetite.

September 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by LorbyLor:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Best antibiotic I've used. I've never had a problem. And it always get rid of the problem.

September 9, 2014 10:43 PM

Review by Neil A:

For Bacterial Infection: Hello, have been taking this medicine for 5 days for Cellulitis that developed on my leg below the knee. I had waited 7 days prior to seeking treatment. First three days after getting an injection type not known, thick solution and needle and taking Bactrim and Cephalexin showed little signs of improvement, 4 days showed signs of reduced swelling, 5th day swelling all but gone, reduced redness and warmth at sight. 6th day redness reduced greatly and leg feels normal. However, Side effects extreme fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, overall ill feeling. Overall benefits out way side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 1:56 AM

Review by ms. too:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Taken this medicine for urinary tract infection. Pain stopped after taking medicine 1 day. Side effects on day 3 horrible. ..weakness, bad nausea, lightheaded, loss of appetite, and headache.

August 11, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by Sldrwfe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Usually clears up any infections but does sometimes cause extreme nausea and yeast infection.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Review by LnnVo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I had mild to severe back acne with constant breakouts on my chest and face. My dermotologist prescribed me this specifically for my back acne but thank goodness it cleared up my face and chest! Before on a scale of 1-10 my face and chest were around a 7 but after being on the medication it's now a 1. My face/chest is now flawless and my back is now only left with scars. My back acne was extremely terrible but after using the medication for a few months, it stopped the breakouts and gave time for my skin to heal. I've used this medication for a little over one year now and I do admit you have to be patient with the medicine. As long as you don't pick and touch your problem spots then it should work nicely. I experienced nausea every morning when I take the medication and a loss in appetite but it's not that bad.

June 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by Hartmaa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Works quite well for me. I have been on every med ever and even Accutane 3 times with no success. I have severe acne and simultaneous all over skin infection. 2 things- dairy if any kind sets it off and it's so much worse. Avoid dairy like the plague. 2- depends on how you skin is infected.my skin gets affected very often with Staph and so Bactrim and Keflex work really well. For people with p. Aches bacteria - erthromycin is awesome. But the sad fact is that over time it won't work as bacteria becomes resistant. I am seeing endocrinologist to find out what foods I am eating that seem to cause my body to make excess hormones and attack my skin. Best of luck all! Don't know what I'll do once I'm off Bactrim. I feel great and zero side effect

June 25, 2014 5:45 AM

Review by mustang500:

For Acne: I had a liver transplant and was prescribed this medication as an ongoing treatment to combat bacterial infections that may occur due to being on immunosuppressants. I stopped taking it after one year but then experienced significant acne on my head and chest. I will resume this medication as obviously it has helped.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 9:06 PM

Review by Dani11 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I used to get recurrent urinary tract infections but hadn't had one in 7 years. Just got one and they tried nitrofurantonin but it did nothing. I got Bactrim and the urgency and burning was gone within hours. I don't like taking antibiotics but UTIs are no joke. Bactrim worked for me and thank goodness. I get a little stomach ache but it beats the UTI symptoms!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 12:16 PM

Review by JessG:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Felt mild relief, Doc said it should be gone in 3 days gave me enough to take it for 5 days in case it was not gone. I also experienced fevers and achiness. Not pleasant. Everyday I had discomfort and today I am out of it and feel terrible with my urinary tract symptoms again.

May 19, 2014 4:21 PM

Review by whohol:

For Bronchitis: Felt so sick to my stomach, laid in bed for 2 weeks, I experienced bloating, nausea, couldn't eat. Cramping was serious, I suffered from chills, fever, aches and pains. Headache was also present, made me feel lightheaded also. Couldn't function.

March 30, 2014 10:30 AM