User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 63 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Bactrim DS

Review by LnnVo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I had mild to severe back acne with constant breakouts on my chest and face. My dermotologist prescribed me this specifically for my back acne but thank goodness it cleared up my face and chest! Before on a scale of 1-10 my face and chest were around a 7 but after being on the medication it's now a 1. My face/chest is now flawless and my back is now only left with scars. My back acne was extremely terrible but after using the medication for a few months, it stopped the breakouts and gave time for my skin to heal. I've used this medication for a little over one year now and I do admit you have to be patient with the medicine. As long as you don't pick and touch your problem spots then it should work nicely. I experienced nausea every morning when I take the medication and a loss in appetite but it's not that bad.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by Hartmaa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Works quite well for me. I have been on every med ever and even Accutane 3 times with no success. I have severe acne and simultaneous all over skin infection. 2 things- dairy if any kind sets it off and it's so much worse. Avoid dairy like the plague. 2- depends on how you skin is infected.my skin gets affected very often with Staph and so Bactrim and Keflex work really well. For people with p. Aches bacteria - erthromycin is awesome. But the sad fact is that over time it won't work as bacteria becomes resistant. I am seeing endocrinologist to find out what foods I am eating that seem to cause my body to make excess hormones and attack my skin. Best of luck all! Don't know what I'll do once I'm off Bactrim. I feel great and zero side effect

June 25, 2014 5:45 AM

Review by mustang500:

For Acne: I had a liver transplant and was prescribed this medication as an ongoing treatment to combat bacterial infections that may occur due to being on immunosuppressants. I stopped taking it after one year but then experienced significant acne on my head and chest. I will resume this medication as obviously it has helped.

June 23, 2014 9:06 PM

Review by Dani11 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I used to get recurrent urinary tract infections but hadn't had one in 7 years. Just got one and they tried nitrofurantonin but it did nothing. I got Bactrim and the urgency and burning was gone within hours. I don't like taking antibiotics but UTIs are no joke. Bactrim worked for me and thank goodness. I get a little stomach ache but it beats the UTI symptoms!

June 11, 2014 12:16 PM

Review by JessG:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Felt mild relief, Doc said it should be gone in 3 days gave me enough to take it for 5 days in case it was not gone. I also experienced fevers and achiness. Not pleasant. Everyday I had discomfort and today I am out of it and feel terrible with my urinary tract symptoms again.

May 19, 2014 4:21 PM

Review by whohol:

For Bronchitis: Felt so sick to my stomach, laid in bed for 2 weeks, I experienced bloating, nausea, couldn't eat. Cramping was serious, I suffered from chills, fever, aches and pains. Headache was also present, made me feel lightheaded also. Couldn't function.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by CBLagoon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Prostatitis: Bactrim cured my prostatitis within two weeks, however I had to stop taking it earlier than prescribed because I discovered I was allergic. I noticed flu-like symptoms, including chills, fever, and horrible muscle aches. On top of that, I developed a head to toe rash that itched like crazy. Imagine being sore and itchy at the same time. Luckily, all of this subsided within a few days of quitting Bactrim. Since the antibiotic kills bacteria everywhere, I noticed I had flawless skin for about a week. But that didn't last. The bacteria came back with a vengeance and I developed the worst acne of my life. I'm now taking doxycycline and using expensive creams to combat this. It's been two months since I stopped Bactrim and I am still breaking out!

March 13, 2014 12:22 AM

Review by Mariaaaaaaaa:

For Bacterial Skin Infection: Developed a skin rash all over my body, headache, stomach discomfort, neck stiffness, itchiness, anxiety. The majority of the symptoms pretty much.

January 24, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by nickname:

For Sinusitis: I've been on it for 6 days now and I feel the same as I did before. This is my first time taking it for a sinus infection. I guess it doesn't work for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Review by elletee:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Make sure Bactrim is actually the correct medication for your UTI! I took Bactrim for 4 days with no relief before my doctor's office got the results back from my UA and realized that Bactrim is resistant to the bacteria causing my UTI. Now I am taking Cipro and it seems to be doing the trick. I did not have any side effects with Bactrim though, it just didn't work for me.

November 11, 2013 11:18 AM

Review by ktbaby94:

For Acne: My derm put me on this medicine after trying another. I break out on my chest, and once I started taking the medicine it cleared up in about two weeks. I haven't experienced any side effects!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2013 8:14 PM

Review by sonya2785:

For Acne: Excellent

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2013 12:18 AM

Review by lollipop69 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Bactrim did a great job! My whole lower part of the body hurt and burned, it was awful. I couldn't even walk for a while without feeling strong pain. Going to the toilet was a nightmare and it happened every five minutes. I took Bactrim and the symptoms got worse, but then in two days I was cured. no pain, no nothing. Bactrim is perfect.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2013 9:01 PM

Review by angellwingg:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have frequent urinary tract infections and I've taken this many times but hadn't in five or so years because my urinary tract infection became resistant to it. Now since I'm taking it again its given me the jitters and acid reflux but those are still better that cystitis.

June 20, 2013 3:21 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Had a 7 day prescription of Bactrim DS. The first two days I had a headache, then the 3rd day I started feeling nausea which turned into nausea/dizziness/and constant fatigue. I've been off the medicine for 36 hours and still feel extremely exhausted, and still dizzy and a little queasy at times.

April 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Skin Infection: I started off with a cut near my mouth that got infected with Staph which then spread to my mouth and throat. I could not eat for a week because of the terrible sores in my mouth. I was prescribed Cefidinr and after being on that for 3 days had no improvement, but as soon as they put me on Bactrim it started clearing up within hours!

February 24, 2013 12:50 PM

Review by Nary (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I have been on Bactrim DS for 6 days (4 more to go) and was diagnosed with MRSA. I feel the medicine is working VERY WELL but my side effects are bad! I feel nauseous ALL day. I have a hard time eating. I feel like I'm pregnant. My stomach cramps, sometimes bloated, a little bit of dizziness here and there, and always feeling like I am going to throw up. I'm just really glad that Bactrim DS is working for my MRSA because I really don't want to go through different meds and then having to end up being hospitalized because I couldn't find the right antibiotics for treatment.

January 18, 2013 3:08 PM

Review by Mandyc1994 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I have been taking this medicine for a week and my pimples are significantly smaller, which is a plus because I've had severe acne for 3 years now. The only problem is that it gives me insomnia, sweats, headaches in the mornings, stomach sickness, and nausea. The side effects are brutal, and I'm considering finding another solution. This is the third acne medicine I've tried and has helped the most, but also affected me the most negatively.

December 27, 2012 11:47 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I asked my doctor for a different type of antibiotic to take for this urinary tract infection instead of Cipro. This is my second day taking Bactrim for my UTI and I can already see improvement! It feels like the infections almost gone. I do however get a little bit of an upset stomach so eat something substantial just before taking it and drink a few more bottles of water than normal and you will be golden!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2012 10:07 AM

Review by calgenie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Third day of medicine but still having symptoms. Those of you who report adverse reactions and then go on taking the medicine should know that is not a good idea. I am allergic to several antibiotics, and my doc says stop taking at the first sign of any reaction as it can be very serious.

August 2, 2012 9:36 PM

For Bacterial Skin Infection: Medicine cleared up skin problem but I have been tired, dizzy, nauseous, and have had stomach distress the whole time. Today was so bad I went to the emergency room just to be sure there was nothing else wrong with me.

July 3, 2012 9:11 PM

Review by 123oscar78:

For Prostatitis: Good medicine but takes 4-6 weeks to resolve.

May 15, 2012 3:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have been on Bactrim DS for 7 days. After day 3 I began to notice severe headache about 4 hours after taking the Bactrim. Now on day 7, I have not only had headache, but light-headedness/nausea. With only 3 days left, I am going to continue the medicine. My urinary tract infection symptoms have improved finally after 5 days.

May 13, 2012 3:58 PM

Review by none01:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I also had similar experiences and side effects like lethargy, shaking, confusion slightly, severe fatigue, headaches, aches and pains, but kept taking the medicine anyway because the pain of a urinary tract infection is much much worse. I'd rather suffer for a short time with these symptoms then suffer with a bladder infection.

April 13, 2012 11:28 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Used this medication for three days. It appeared to work well until my urinary tract infection returned a week after I finished the medication. My doctor then prescribed Cipro. My fingers are crossed, praying this cures it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate