User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Bactrim DS Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 873 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Bacterial Infection

"I'm on this medication after developing staph infection in my C-section incision. I began feeling dizzy on day one. I've had some itching on my stomach, but not too terribly. Yesterday (day 6 of 10) I developed a headache. I still have said headache. I feel blurry visioned & dizzy all day. Extreme hunger too. Idk. My staph is healing & incision looks great now... But after suffering a SEVERE spinal headache following my surgery... A headache is the last thing I want to experience. 3 more days... Ugh. Is it effective for infection? Yes. Is it pleasant to endure? Nope."

crissym April 30, 2016

"I was prescribed Bactrim DS for folliculitis. It did nothing except make me tired and gave me a yeast infection. Trying Keflex now and hoping for better results."

Netsirk (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2015

"Hello, have been taking this medicine for 5 days for Cellulitis that developed on my leg below the knee. I had waited 7 days prior to seeking treatment. First three days after getting an injection type not known, thick solution and needle and taking Bactrim and Cephalexin showed little signs of improvement, 4 days showed signs of reduced swelling, 5th day swelling all but gone, reduced redness and warmth at sight. 6th day redness reduced greatly and leg feels normal. However, Side effects extreme fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, overall ill feeling. Overall benefits out way side effects."

Neil A August 12, 2014

"I have been on Bactrim DS for 6 days (4 more to go) and was diagnosed with MRSA. I feel the medicine is working VERY WELL but my side effects are bad! I feel nauseous ALL day. I have a hard time eating. I feel like I'm pregnant. My stomach cramps, sometimes bloated, a little bit of dizziness here and there, and always feeling like I am going to throw up. I'm just really glad that Bactrim DS is working for my MRSA because I really don't want to go through different meds and then having to end up being hospitalized because I couldn't find the right antibiotics for treatment."

Nary (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2013

"This medicine is working for me but it makes me feel horrible. I've been shaking, have had rapid heart rate, nausea, extremely thirsty, chills (no fever), dizziness, and cold hands and feet. I did find that taking probiotics helps. It doesn't take away everything but it helps with the nausea. The only reason I continue to take it is because the Doctor said this could be MRSA."

Anonymous May 10, 2011

"I have chronic bacterial skin infections and my dermatologist put me on bactrim ds. It did the job. Got rid of the infection but the side effects was why I had to stop. It caused me to have blood in the stool, so she switched my medicine and now I feel the infection coming back. Guess we got to find another antibiotic."

Anonymous October 9, 2009

"I had possible Strep throat. First day I took it my fever rose to over 102. I was shaking, chills, rash. My blood pressure (and I have high blood pressure) was 100/55 and my pulse was 50, I was not feeling well at all. I called doctor next morning and he switched me to Amoxicillin. I hope it works better. Now I have a under the skin rash all over and am itching. Guess I am allergic to this one."

Anonymous August 12, 2009