Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Bacterial Infection

Review by Nary (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been on Bactrim DS for 6 days (4 more to go) and was diagnosed with MRSA. I feel the medicine is working VERY WELL but my side effects are bad! I feel nauseous ALL day. I have a hard time eating. I feel like I'm pregnant. My stomach cramps, sometimes bloated, a little bit of dizziness here and there, and always feeling like I am going to throw up. I'm just really glad that Bactrim DS is working for my MRSA because I really don't want to go through different meds and then having to end up being hospitalized because I couldn't find the right antibiotics for treatment.

January 18, 2013 3:08 PM

This medicine is working for me but it makes me feel horrible. I've been shaking, have had rapid heart rate, nausea, extremely thirsty, chills (no fever), dizziness, and cold hands and feet. I did find that taking probiotics helps. It doesn't take away everything but it helps with the nausea. The only reason I continue to take it is because the Doctor said this could be MRSA.

May 10, 2011 8:56 AM

I have chronic bacterial skin infections and my dermatologist put me on bactrim ds. It did the job. Got rid of the infection but the side effects was why I had to stop. It caused me to have blood in the stool, so she switched my medicine and now I feel the infection coming back. Guess we got to find another antibiotic.

October 9, 2009 1:04 AM

I had possible Strep throat. First day I took it my fever rose to over 102. I was shaking, chills, rash. My blood pressure (and I have high blood pressure) was 100/55 and my pulse was 50, I was not feeling well at all. I called doctor next morning and he switched me to Amoxicillin. I hope it works better. Now I have a under the skin rash all over and am itching. Guess I am allergic to this one.

August 12, 2009 5:21 PM