User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Infection Prophylaxis 1 reviews 24 medications

Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 58 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Bactrim DS

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I'm very obsessive. Somewhere around a few years ago I started obsessing and being paranoid about medications. So, as I'm sure you are all doing right now, you're looking up reviews on this medication to determine if you'll take it. Just like I did. I almost gave myself a panic attack thinking about possibly taking this medicine and then having a serious allergic reaction. Luckily though, while speaking with my pharmacist he let me know I took this medicine last year and I remembered I was fine. The point is, every medicine has adverse effects. Chances are, you won't have major side effects.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 5, 2011 12:31 AM
Review by Weimar_txn: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Nocardiosis: Have Nocardia infection (now disseminated) - was initially prescribed 6 Bactrim DS tablets daily for one year. After a year my pulmonary doctor said I was cured - no more Bactrim. Nocardia returned after a week. I have now been taking 4 tablets of Bactrim DS daily for over a year now. Tried to lessen the dosage but Nocardia returns. Bactrim DS is keeping me alive. Trying to find a good Infectious Disease doctor near my home.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 6, 2011 4:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: I have been on Bactrim for 1 week now and my skin is almost completely clear. I had a very bad infection across my chin and up to the right side of my nose, small red pumps, and and itchy rash that would peel over and got infected. Within 2 days I noticed a huge difference. This medicine saved my life for sure. Dermatitis and skin issues on the face can really do a number on your self esteem. I am back to almost clear skin and so so happy. A little tired and was dizzy at first but promethazine helps with that if your doctor can prescribe it, helps with nausea. other then that, this medicine rocks.

June 7, 2011 7:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I have used this for about 3 wks now and I have more pimples now then when I started. The only thing I have noticed is that pimples are not as large when I am on this. I am going to keep at it for a few more weeks to see what happens. I have had this same response on other antibiotics

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 5, 2011 9:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: I was prescribed Bactrim 2x a day for 30 days, for Staph Infection. However, after taking it for about 7 days, I developed a rash. The rash did not itch, but started at my shoulders and went down to legs. I've now begun taking Benadryl to counteract symptoms. So far, it hasn't helped, rash still there. As far as the Staph infection, it looks a lot better.

June 2, 2011 9:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Infection: This medicine is working for me but it makes me feel horrible. I've been shaking, have had rapid heart rate, nausea, extremely thirsty, chills (no fever), dizziness, and cold hands and feet. I did find that taking probiotics helps. It doesn't take away everything but it helps with the nausea. The only reason I continue to take it is because the Doctor said this could be MRSA.

May 10, 2011 8:56 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: I found that within a day of taking Bactrim the infection got better, which was GREAT because I had had it for a while. I experienced a few side effects, dizziness, lack of energy, insomnia if I took the pill a few hours before bed (I found to overcome this I took the pill just before going to sleep) and headaches but they seemed to dissipate after 2-3 days.

April 18, 2011 9:17 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Have a persistent urinary tract infection and took this medication about four weeks ago. The urinary tract infection came back so a second go-around. This time after one pill I had a hefty case of hives and a very sore tongue and headache for about two days.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2011 2:30 AM
Review by Dia28: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I've been using Bactrim DS for the past 2 months now, and it has definitely cleared up my skin. I plan on using it for another 4 months, and then switching to another antibiotics if need be so I don't build immunity to it.

January 26, 2011 12:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): I took Bactrim 2x's a day for ten days (should have been 14 days). The first ten days, no problems at all. On the night of the tenth day I itched all night and woke up with a rash all over my body. Dr. said to stop taking the Bactrim. He gave me two doses of steriods (40mg a day for 2 days) and benedryl. I quit taking the Benedryl on day 3 because the rash had cleared up. The next day it began to spread again. I have been taking Benedrly for seven days now and when I dont take it my cheeks get very "rosy". I would love to know how long this stuff stays in your system. Even the mfg. says you can have a reaction up to 2 months later. Thats really scary!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2010 10:05 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: This medicine improved the quality of my life. I have interstitial cystitis. I have to use this twice a day for 20 years. It's hard when I change doctors to get it prescribed but I always get it. I would not live with the pain of this disease if it was not for this medicine.

December 6, 2010 3:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Took this for 3 days. 2nd day got severe itching on palms and soles of feet. Day three had uncontrollable shakes, heart racing, felt like it was going to come out of my chest, facial numbness, dizzy, very elevated (for me) blood pressure of 145/90, whole body tingling, dizziness, light headed, extremely intense nervousness, ringing in my ears.

September 17, 2010 5:49 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Taking Bactrim for urinary tract infection, can't sleep, stomach on fire, after first pill I felt like I was tripping on acid. On day three now and back hurts. Looks like I get to miss another day of work and go back to doctor.

August 25, 2010 12:53 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Diverticulitis: I have frequent episodes of diverticulitis. My doctor prescribes a 10-day supply of Bactrim DS. Many times 10 days is not enough to completely clear up the problem so I wind up needing an additional 10 days worth of medicine. I have not had any bad side effects from this drug. I wish someone would create a drug to prevent diverticulitis.

May 11, 2010 1:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: It always gets the job done soon when you first start taking the medication.

February 9, 2010 12:52 AM

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have taken it before and it seemed to clear my urinary tract infection up well. However, this last time after my first pill (in the afternoon), I felt flushed, bad headache, chills, some pain inhaling breaths, and facial swelling the morning when I woke up though it went down quickly.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 16, 2010 12:20 PM

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I've just taken my 3rd pill and everytime I take it I feel extremely lousy. Terrible headaches, dizziness, blurry vision, shaky nervousness, some difficulty breathing, beginning to itch. I don't like this at all the way I feel. Just before I need to take the next dose I'm feeling my old normal self and then I take the Bactrim and boom I go downhill, again. Told my doctor I quit...it's ruining the quality of my life.

December 23, 2009 3:44 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Infection: I have chronic bacterial skin infections and my dermatologist put me on bactrim ds. It did the job. Got rid of the infection but the side effects was why I had to stop. It caused me to have blood in the stool, so she switched my medicine and now I feel the infection coming back. Guess we got to find another antibiotic.

October 9, 2009 1:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Little did I know, I am horribly allergic to Sulfa. After two pills, I began experiencing horrible leg and arm cramps. They were so bad, that I was unable to stand for longer than a couple of minutes. These symptoms took about a week to fully disappear and this was from taking only 2 pills!

September 7, 2009 11:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I had a terrible urinary tract infection. Went to the ER and they gave me this anti-biotic. It made me really sick.

September 3, 2009 1:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Infection: I had possible Strep throat. First day I took it my fever rose to over 102. I was shaking, chills, rash. My blood pressure (and I have high blood pressure) was 100/55 and my pulse was 50, I was not feeling well at all. I called doctor next morning and he switched me to Amoxicillin. I hope it works better. Now I have a under the skin rash all over and am itching. Guess I am allergic to this one.

August 12, 2009 5:21 PM
Review by darry: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Had an allergic reaction: shortness of breath, uncontrollable shaking, dizziness, near fainting, headache, fast heart rate.

July 16, 2009 11:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Any antibiotic used will put you at risk for a yeast infection. It depletes the normal flora in the vaginal area. Bactrim DS is a great antibiotic to get rid of many forms of infection though. Weigh your pros and cons. You can always add yogurt to your diet which assists in helping to prevent yeast infections.

June 19, 2009 1:09 AM

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I get bladder infections a lot so I have a standing script for them but my Doctor said to only use them until symptoms were gone. It works wonderful fast no side effects. My urinary tract infections are usually gone in 3 days and better in one.

May 20, 2009 10:08 AM
Review by Nalls: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: It worked like magic on my urinary tract infection. It is great and I didn't have any side effects.

May 8, 2009 12:32 AM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Get Expert Advice on Severe Allergies: Symptoms, prevention, and more Learn More