User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Bactrim DS Review Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 335 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Sinusitis

"Took medication with the warning that it needed to be taken with "plenty of water". Woke up in the middle of the night with a severe headache and went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning for work and had debilitating nausea. I really hope this is just a temporary thing and I don't have to do this every time i take it."

SarahGabriella (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

"I took this for four and a half days. I experienced complete appetite loss, nausea, fatigue, abdominal pain, and anxiety. I had blood work done before I took the Bactrim and when I got my results back it turned out I didn't have a bacterial infection at all. All that for nothing. I still haven't completely recovered my appetite and it has been almost a week since my last dose."

Telewit8530 January 29, 2015

"The pressure in my head is gone but I have been getting extreme nausea and fatigue since I started it 5 days ago."

hfriedlund (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

"Usually clears up any infections but does sometimes cause extreme nausea and yeast infection."

Sldrwfe (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

"I've been on it for 6 days now and I feel the same as I did before. This is my first time taking it for a sinus infection. I guess it doesn't work for me."

nickname December 16, 2013

"I took Bactrim DS after the first antibiotic didn't work on my sinus infection. I started to feel better after 4 days, however I developed joint pain in my hands and knees. I have arthritis from an autoimmune disease, but it's usually controlled very well by a maintenance medicine. On day 8 I noted lots of swollen glands in my neck and a slight temp. After I took my antibiotic that night my fever shot up to 103, I was shaking, teeth chattering, with severe joint/muscle pain, my face looked sunburned, and my body was red/blotchy. I stopped the Bactrim, but the fever lasted 2-3 days, the arthritis was severe for about a week and I still have fatigue. Good news is ENT did recheck and infection is gone."

suzykale January 25, 2012

"It always gets the job done soon when you first start taking the medication."

Anonymous February 9, 2010

"Works okay after a couple of days with no side efects, but everybody is different."

Anonymous February 9, 2009