User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Bactrim DS review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 369 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Sinusitis

Review by SarahGabriella (taken for less than 1 month):

Took medication with the warning that it needed to be taken with "plenty of water". Woke up in the middle of the night with a severe headache and went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning for work and had debilitating nausea. I really hope this is just a temporary thing and I don't have to do this every time i take it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by Telewit8530:

I took this for four and a half days. I experienced complete appetite loss, nausea, fatigue, abdominal pain, and anxiety. I had blood work done before I took the Bactrim and when I got my results back it turned out I didn't have a bacterial infection at all. All that for nothing. I still haven't completely recovered my appetite and it has been almost a week since my last dose.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 10:02 AM

Review by hfriedlund (taken for less than 1 month):

The pressure in my head is gone but I have been getting extreme nausea and fatigue since I started it 5 days ago.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 4:20 PM

Review by Sldrwfe (taken for less than 1 month):

Usually clears up any infections but does sometimes cause extreme nausea and yeast infection.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Review by nickname:

I've been on it for 6 days now and I feel the same as I did before. This is my first time taking it for a sinus infection. I guess it doesn't work for me.

December 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Review by suzykale:

I took Bactrim DS after the first antibiotic didn't work on my sinus infection. I started to feel better after 4 days, however I developed joint pain in my hands and knees. I have arthritis from an autoimmune disease, but it's usually controlled very well by a maintenance medicine. On day 8 I noted lots of swollen glands in my neck and a slight temp. After I took my antibiotic that night my fever shot up to 103, I was shaking, teeth chattering, with severe joint/muscle pain, my face looked sunburned, and my body was red/blotchy. I stopped the Bactrim, but the fever lasted 2-3 days, the arthritis was severe for about a week and I still have fatigue. Good news is ENT did recheck and infection is gone.

January 25, 2012 8:47 AM

It always gets the job done soon when you first start taking the medication.

February 9, 2010 12:52 AM

Works okay after a couple of days with no side efects, but everybody is different.

February 9, 2009 8:36 PM