User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Depression

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "I've been on Venlafaxine 300mg along with Quetiapine, Mirtazapine and Pregabalin for Major Depression for around 7 years.Augmentation therapy works for me. It's not perfect, but this level of Venlafaxine along with the other meds has kept me alive. I'm not getting better, but I'm certainly more stable and not going downhill and not suicidal. So in conclusion, don't be scared of meds, they may just save your life."

robbieMac (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "My experience on Seroquel nearly cost me my job as it turned me into a ZOMBIE!. Since going off the drug I am fully functional. My head is clear and I have energy to do things. I cannot believe my Dr prescribed me an antipsychotic drug such as seroquel. Colleagues observing me thought I had undergone a major personality disorder. I have been off it for a month now and not missing it one bit."

Arri (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 8 months ago (i am 19) but I do not have that. Instead I have BPD and depression. I was taking olanzapine which took away my entire life - I could barely do anything, but for the past 2 days with seroquel it has almost the opposite effect. Together with Prozac I have felt more motivated and less suicidal. Also I'm able to control my anxiety and I have more control over my behaviour. I also have trouble focusing but this has helped me focus on therapy a lot more. Sleep not great but I'm only on 25mg ; I only sleep for about 6-7 hours and then wake up and keep going back to sleep. This is the first drug that's given me hope."

Issy96 November 10, 2015

"I have been taking this for 3 weeks and I completely came off Valium I was on for 11 months on the day of taking this. I noticed a change on the 2nd week and I feel more calmer and have the ability to make more concise and clear decisions, I do not act out of anger any more, I will take my time to analyse a situation and before time has gone I realise the situation no longer bothers me! Great Med Low dose for Depression Anger issues!"

Ms 123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

"I been using these pills for 10 days now it's really amazing. I had tried many different before. None works. These pills works great. Sleep really good. Just worry maybe sleeping to much!! ):"

Errol1 November 5, 2015

"Got this at ER. Caused my depression to worsen after three weeks. Despite drowsiness, the co-occurrence with restlessness initially caused inability to sleep. Further use led to somnolence, further lack of motivation and suicidal ideation. Discontinuation caused depersonalization and severe aggression. Read the story of Dan Markingson. Not recommended at all for depression."

suicidejean (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

"I was perscribed this medication by my psyciatrist about a month or so ago. Me and my mother were in no way notified about the effects this medication may have. I am only 15 years of age and I have been on fluoxetine for two years. This particular medication has not agreed with me at all... The same as aripripizol but worse. My symptoms worsened. I even developed more weird behaviours. I was worse than when I had started. I became increasingly paranoid, ten times more anxious and my mood fluctuated constantly. There has been no positive changes to my behaviour or mood and the side effects have effected me drastically. I have just got off the tablets and my depression has worsened and I now have insomnia. It has been in no way positive."

Holly Alice (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "I have taken it for PTSD at night for a long time. I'm able to sleep without having horrific nightmares. There is weight gain, but that boosts me to eat healthy and exercise, which helps my depression! klonipin to help with daytime anxiety and Seroquel before bed are the two drugs that keep me sane and able to live a normal life."

Kmtdstr (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2015

"Was put on Seroquel as a mood stabilizer along with my anti depressant 3 years ago. Worked wonderfully. Was able to sleep, eat (which I couldn't do due to anxiety) and felt good. At first. After 3 years I gained 40 pounds, ate like a pig and had heart palpitations, high prolactin levels and felt like a zombie. I have been off of it for almost a month. Terrible drug for me."

cyvettee September 22, 2015

"I had depression and could not sleep longer than 2 hour. With Seroquel 200 mg I was ok and slept 8 to 9 hours after 6 to 7 weeks. Side effects dizziness weakness, sweating, chills, cough loss of appetite. I got to dread taking it because of side effects. I would wait and fall asleep naturally but only last for 2 to 3 hours wake up take a short walk to feel tired again and then would take 100 mg and go to sleep still side effects not as bad but would get anxious upon awakening and needed to usually take lorazapam or equivalent. Going to see doc and hope he can suggest something different"

chevy39 September 9, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "Hate this med. Constantly sick on it. Stomach pain, severe diarrhea, passing out, severe dizziness and unable to wake up. Hungry for food all the time. Nasty taste in mouth. Thirsty all the time. Can't motivate myself to do anything. This was on the lowest dose available. Won't take it ever again don't care what my doctor says. No way."

sick constantly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

"I have PTSD and bipolar OCD and agrophobia. I'm on 5 mg diazepam, 300 pregablin 225 quetiapine and 408 lymecycline these all daily dosages. I find it spaces me out a fair bit and i do eat more BUT its been an overnight success for me its made life bearable again."

Pikeypete August 5, 2015

"Really good for sleep when not too anxious(25mg) but when over anxious doesn't work for me. I didn't find it very good for suicidal tendencies/depression."

Do I have a name?? August 5, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "In the beginning I was on 300 mg of seroquel (not extended release) for 3 years. Got pregnant they took me off. I moved provinces they ended up putting me back on a smaller dose 150mg sleeping wise I would go to sleep right away and stay asleep all night. For the past 2 months they decided to put me on 150mg seroquel xl now it takes me hours to fall asleep and I wake up constantly throughout the night and have a hard time falling back asleep! I feel like xl does not work near as good depression wise and sleeping wise."

Amanda7106 July 23, 2015

"I'm 38, have struggled with depression and been suicidal searching for help since I was 13-14. Finally found a psychiatrist who understood. She prescribed 100 seroquel daily and ect. Only had 3 out of 4 ect treatments. That together with seroquel have never felt better or more stable in my life. Still have issue with anxiety with writing essays. Was prescribed a 25mg tablet to put under tongue. It works great. I had trouble at first with medication as I was taking morning and night. I would be falling asleep at pre start meetings at work. I know take nightly before bed. I sleep great and wake up refreshed. This drug works. You just have to work out the right time to take it."

Dougmac July 12, 2015

"I have been struggling to find a medication for my simple depression for about a year in a half now, basically tried all ssri's and s couple of others, I am now on 40 mg of prozac ( which I feel like I don't need) and 150 mg of regular seroquel before bed, the xr made me really tired and moody, plus the expense was outrageous, but trying the regular I finally feel myself again, although its my first day taking it I feel balanced out and basically normal again. Ps if your struggling out their keep fighting! God put the hardest problems on us for a reason!"

Tom 17 June 13, 2015

"I suffered from high anxiety, panic, deep depression - started on Seroquel 25 morning and 25 night, coupled with 75mg Tofranil at night. These two combinations saved my life. Seroquel took some getting used to, have gained some weight and had some vision problems, but all in all feeling so much better, would highly recommend Seroquel for anxiety related issues."

Green eyed girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

"Helped with anxiety but made my depression worst"

Lovonne March 16, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "Seroquel XR worked very well for me with a combination of Seroquel and Zoloft together. I've been well for over 3 years now. Usually I would fall in to a depression with in a year just taking an antidepressent Because my body would build a tolerance to the medications. I know this medicine isn't for everyone, but I've had a very good experience and I'm stable and happy."

cdfig83 February 20, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "I was prescribed seroquel 100mg for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I could only take it for two days. I took it as prescribed before bedtime. I almost crashed my truck several times on my way to work and I had to pull over on the shoulder to sleep on my way home from work. Day 2 was a Saturday. I slept for 14.5 hours. I can't function at all on this."

Mikfr November 28, 2014

"Was on it a month did not sleep and moods were all over the place."

badboy 4 August 25, 2014

"I take 3x 75mg throughout the day. I feel sedated on it sometimes but I can function. I have no anxiety and depression episodes never get below a point. My mood is way more stable and I don't ever get the huge downers but occasionally still get the big highs. Usually I am just feeling content which is where I want to be. It has saved my life and I can now hold down a job and get back to Uni."

chickenpork (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2014

"I have taken a simple anti-depressant such as Effexor for years. I never felt they fully did the job. When talking to my Dr. one day, I told her my sleep patterns were horrible, with insomnia, or awaking early. She suggested Seroquel as an additive. I have been on it for about a year, and I have never felt so rested. I have a better focus. I even think it has really helped my depression a bit. Yes, it does increase my appetite a bit , but I try to eat healthy foods and walk. You must take it a full 8 hours before you want to awake, or you may be droggy. I am really satisfied."

Byrd Mama (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "I have only been on Seroquel 25 mg for just over a week. So I cannot say if I will experience the weight gain or not. But so far this is the best thing that's worked for me. I was horrifically depressed and anxious for over a year, and before that moderately. But after just 1 days on the Seroquel I felt a huge difference. My thoughts had slowed down, my anxiety and depression got cut in half, my appreciation of time and continuity came back a bit, the disassociation was appeased. For the past year I felt like I was on one giant bad paranoia trip, and only after I started taking this medicine did I feeling normal again. There are still major things that are a problem, but the Seroquel makes it way more manageable."

sarrakii (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have unipolar depression with occasional manic symptoms. For 20 years I was on antidepressants but started Quetiapine about 6 months ago in conjunction with Citalopram. When I reached a daily dose of 300mg I was feeling great mentally. But the side effects of constipation and tiredness made it difficult to stay on this medication long-term so I'll be trying lamotrigine next."

thedavebloke (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2014