User Reviews for Invega

Schizophrenia 18 reviews 42 medications

6.8
Summary of Invega reviews 36 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Invega

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This med did absolutely nothing for me."

Carnov April 20, 2016

For Schizophrenia "these drugs are dangerous... they ruined my life. made my illness much worse. the doctors are do not believe me as they think I'm an inferior life form. SYMPTOMS INCLUDE TOOTH DECAY LACK OF MOTIVATION EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN HEART PAINS REDUCED LEVEL OFCONSCIOUSNESS THEY ALSO MADE EXTREMELY DELUSIONAL TO THE POINT I DIDN'T EVEN BELIEVE ANYMORE."

PROFIT FOR POISON March 11, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This med is rubbish . I can't sleep I have insomnia weight gain feel like garbage. It was helpful for first 4 months."

Baller3000 January 26, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been suffering major depression for over 10 years and Zoloft took the edge off but I was still extremely depressed. I had mood swings and disorganized thinking, speech problems by being unable to articulate what I mean, paranoia and so forth. I was originally diagnosed with bipolar disorder but the diagnoses didn't fit. I also was diagnosed with Aspergers. I took a personality and general mental health test by a professional psychologist and the results were tallied by a computer. I have schizoaffective disorder. I showed my results to my psychiatrist and she's prescribed invega. My depression is gone, I laugh and tell jokes, I can think clearly now and my relationship with my husband has never been better. Thank you!"

Nikkisaturn December 28, 2015

For Schizophrenia "After My doughter' s birth I suffered from this mental illness. Except of weight gain, invega is wonderful medicine."

Rubynd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I feel like this medication is OK minus the weight gain feels like I put on a lot of weight and is hard to loose"

Anonymous November 26, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I am living a productive symptom free life because of Invega shot 4 yrs, 6mg pill for 1. Now college grad, off disability, full time job (40 k) at investment bank all possible by Invega. I was severely sick and now I haven't been for 5 years. It took a couple of hospitalizations, several lost jobs, and even jail ( which was turning point) to find Invega. I did 3 full time yrs in college and got 3.9 in finance. Only sides effects I've had are slightly high cholesterol and weight gain which for me is somewhat manageable with diet although for what I eat I'd be 20 pds less. I am now crystal clear and have zero symptoms. Life changer."

RamiJames November 17, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I feel gr8 once I swallow invega. It will make me a little tired at night. Sometimes when I'm hungry and try not to eat, I will get a strong stomach ache. Once in awhile I will get suicidal thoughts, but am not dangerous to me or others in any way, they're just thoughts of suicide. When it's hot outside, I tend to feel very hot, and I sweat more, too. It's hard to lose weight on this medication which is what I hate about this.....and I've gained ALOT since my pregnancy. My stomach area is inflamed with cortisol....I look horrible with a Santa belly....ppl always ask me if I'm pregnant, and some even stare. Even if I try not to eat, it is very hard to lose any weight with this medication, and no matter what you eat, you gain weight."

pillsbury cakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "When I first started taking invega it took away the voices and delusional thoughts better than the other injection I was receiving. Weening off of it was not hard but I was also taking large doses of niacin and lithium at the time. I had a manic episode that lasted 3 months after withdrawing. After that, one injection brought me back to reality in less than a day. I have extreme weight gain on invega, drousiness (sleep 12 hours a day) and decreased sex drive. Though it is important for me to point out, like I said, no mania or hallucinating. I function well on the injection. It is the side effects that I have troubles dealing with."

Damien Guymon August 6, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Feel okay but gained 60ibs in three months. Horrible joint pain."

Drake109 July 26, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Hello, I was on Risperdal for 3 years, I switched to Invega just over a month ago and am already losing a good deal of weight, I do sometimes get restless but I accept this as the price for not sleeping 17 hours a day on Risperdal, my appetite is normal and I don't eat huge portions anymore, my energy is up and I can actually feel emotions fully again, for the first time in a long long time, would recommend giving this a try to anyone - just remember some people get different side effects, for me this also took away sexual side effects that were limiting my relationships."

pelikaani July 15, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "i have been on this med for just over two weeks my head is clear my thoughts are better my communication better my partner cant get over the diffrence no anger no depression in fact i laugh and sing now my partner and i dont fight any more i actualy went for a walk this morning instead of hiding at home this is great my choice of food is better healthier so hoping to loose wieght since i put so much on on the serequel now all i have to do is talk my partners case worker to put him on it he has scizophrenea and struggles day to day with all sorts of side effects love this stuff there is a light at the end of the tunnel"

tan444 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I have on this medicine for 1 week. I was on Seroquel and was aggressive on it, making bad decisions. I feel much better even singing and laughing. I am eating more than on Seroquel which wasn't much but am making healthy choices."

tan77 March 19, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Been on Invega ER for two months; so much better in the head, sorted the acute psychosis out, organized my thoughts in a new and helpful way, slight orthostatic hypotension and drowsiness is easing - overall, this has been a saviour re paranoia and hallucinations etc. AND I am more motivated to do things; continuing with Pristiq at 200mgs and paliperidone 9mg good."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I was diagnosed in 2013 with schizophrenia and depressive behavior. Prior to my last hospitalization none of the meds were working on me. My family changed my physician and she firmly believed Invega combined with Sertraline would do the trick. I am most grateful to her and my family for their desire to help me. I no longer hear the voices, I can go out in the public, watch TV, listen to the radio and enjoy it like I used to. I feel safe again, the paranoia of thinking people were after me is gone, I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and I'm starting to build a social life again. I am 24 years old and I'm grateful for the unconditional support my family and new doctor have giving me, My life back."

Improved patient December 7, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have a lot of vomiting after the shot, but it goes away. The voices are minimal, hallucinations are almost gone. I think it's worth it; hopefully my body will get used to it."

Jessica LAWSON November 22, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine."

tchana September 20, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects."

kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Invega 9 mg is perfect."

alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though."

LHHL August 3, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good."

harry nos July 18, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I get the shot of Invega Sustenna 156mg once every 4 weeks. I am 62 and have tried everything in every research hospital in Indiana and Illinois. I use it as monotherapy along with counseling and it has revolutionalized my life. I have no side effects. I work full time as a school teacher and I am working on my master's degree and expect to graduate soon. I finally found my own miracle in this medicine. I am so grateful to my new doctor, nurse, and therapist and now to you who are reading this. "

wonderfull alive July 15, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "On this medicine I do notice my moods are a lot more stable. But I feel my anxiety and depression is a lot worse."

Chany (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects."

truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone."

crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2013