User Reviews for Invega

6.8
Summary of Invega reviews 20 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Invega

Review by tchana:

For Schizophrenia: I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Review by kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Schizophrenia: I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Invega 9 mg is perfect.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by LHHL:

For Bipolar Disorder: I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though.

August 3, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by harry nos:

For Schizophrenia: I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good.

July 18, 2013 6:58 AM

Review by wonderfull alive:

For Bipolar Disorder: I get the shot of Invega Sustenna 156mg once every 4 weeks. I am 62 and have tried everything in every research hospital in Indiana and Illinois. I use it as monotherapy along with counseling and it has revolutionalized my life. I have no side effects. I work full time as a school teacher and I am working on my master's degree and expect to graduate soon. I finally found my own miracle in this medicine. I am so grateful to my new doctor, nurse, and therapist and now to you who are reading this.

July 15, 2013 8:10 PM

Review by Chany (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: On this medicine I do notice my moods are a lot more stable. But I feel my anxiety and depression is a lot worse.

June 7, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects.

March 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Review by crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Schizophrenia: I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone.

February 28, 2013 6:58 AM

Review by SoundSystem (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Schizophrenia: The medicine is partly covered by my issurance company. Current maintenance dosage 3 mg (was 6mg) Invega. After taking Invega my positive symptoms vanished completely after a number of weeks, furthermore I don't get an unreal sense (depersonalization) which was the case with Risperdal. Unfortenately I got the following side-effects (discussed with my physician): - weight gain (8 kilo's) - sometimes strange expression around mouth, stiffness - tiredness/weakness, need more sleep - intense dreaming, sometimes nightmares - harder to breath through nose - increase of ALAT blood values (80) - dizziness after sudden activity - heartburn For now the positive effects outweight the negative effects.

November 25, 2012 2:54 PM

For Schizoaffective Disorder: It was a very harsh medicine. I had urinary problems.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2012 1:05 PM

Review by JessTyna (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine is the only one that lets me function with little to no side effects.

June 11, 2012 10:23 AM

Review by dhall10067:

For Bipolar Disorder: Invega has gotten rid of my mania at 75 mg monthly injection. However, the side effects are much more than lithium or valproic acid and it is much worse on the body. So I think it is really better to just take a mood stabilizer so am thinking of switching to lithium or valproic acid. I will try to reduce to the lowest injection which is 50 mg monthly. I am using it as a monotherapy. It along with Risperdone injection are the only long-lasting injections available. So they force it on me because they don

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2012 9:04 AM

For Schizophrenia: They put me on palperidone and within a week, I was very aggressive. They took me straight off it again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2012 7:32 AM

My son has Autism. Like many with Autism, he has meltdowns. However, his meltdowns are violent. He had been taking Abilify for 4 years, and it worked GREAT! However, he started having muscle spasms. So the doctor switched him to Invega. He loves it! He does NOT like feeling out of control. It gives him the control over his emotions he likes without the muscle spasms.

February 28, 2011 12:46 PM

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I've been taking Invega for almost two years. It does wonders for my concentration. I went from being unable to drive, cook or take care of myself to being able to live a normal life. I work, function normally socially, drive and pretty much do whatever I want. I didn't notice that the Invega helped much with the depression. I take Effexor for that, and it is great. I spend most of my time being content now, which is wonderful. My biggest complaint about the Invega is that it does nothing to stop the hallucinations. The only side effects I had were blurred vision and orthostatic hypotension (dizziness upon standing). Both went away after 7-10 days. I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms are unpleasant (dizziness, seizures, jitteriness.)

January 3, 2011 4:25 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: My 8 year old son was put on Invega 3 mg and then moved up to 6 mgs a day. About 1 1/2 months ago after gaining too much weight on risperdone. He gets the dosage on time daily but since starting Invega he has had the worse uncontrollable muscle spasms/twitches. He is constantly twitching his arms, neck and head without knowing he is doing it. Also he has started making vocal noises (random humming) without noticing he is doing it. I was really hoping the Invega would work but I think in our case the side effects are too much to accept so he will be switching again today.

October 13, 2010 1:14 PM

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I've been hearing voices due for 2.5 years. Initially, I had severe emotional swings and delusions created by the voices and my interaction with them. I began taking Invega 18 months ago - this was very successful in moderating the emotions and generally calming my mental state. In terms of side effects: I am really struggling to lose any weight even with good diet and exercise, I have very high prolactin levels - this contributes to me not getting periods, having occasional breast discharge and I believe is responsible for 'anorgasmia' - where I have very low sexual desire and arousal and feelings of orgasm are very subdued. These side effects have become more apparent over time.

July 16, 2010 8:13 AM

Review by danielscott:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I have been on Invega for over two years now and am doing great. I live on my own and am able to do what everyone else does. I don't work, I'm not ready for that, but caring for myself and two dogs is going great.

May 29, 2010 5:28 PM

For Schizophrenia: Invega is a great medication. I can speak more clearly and think more thoroughly. I've felt better about myself in almost about 2 years, and I've been on this medication for about 2 weeks! I would recommend it to anyone with this diagnosis!

March 12, 2010 10:18 AM

Review by Invega Girl:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been on Invega 6mg for about 3 years now. I have gained about 70 extra pounds, and nothing I do seems to drop the weight. Also it messed with my periods so much that I had to have a hysterectomy. But it does keep my moods stable for the most part. I think its time for me to start a new medication though. Because when I do have outbursts they are really bad. And the depression is still here.

December 14, 2009 8:18 PM

Review by the wife:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: My husband is currently hospitalized for the 3rd time in 15 months. Thanks to Invega, I had the first real conversation with him last night in over a year. He says he finally has a clear head and he feels great! Hopefully, this is our answer. I am keeping my finger crossed.

December 4, 2009 9:44 PM

For Depression: This medication after one day of use helped me become more productive and happier in myself.

October 15, 2009 11:09 PM

Review by Outloud2:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been terrified about staying on any anti-pyschotic medication, the side effects are horrible. This drug has very few side effects, no weight gain IS A PLUS! Not to mention, it stabilizes my moods and stops psychosis. Another added bonus is, the drug company provided me with a free lifetime user card. Thank you for giving me my life back.

September 22, 2009 11:47 PM

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Invega has helped me greatly, but the side effects were pretty harsh.

August 16, 2009 8:05 PM