User Reviews for Invega

Schizophrenia 13 reviews 37 medications

6.9
Summary of Invega reviews 25 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Invega

For Schizoaffective Disorder "i have been on this med for just over two weeks my head is clear my thoughts are better my communication better my partner cant get over the diffrence no anger no depression in fact i laugh and sing now my partner and i dont fight any more i actualy went for a walk this morning instead of hiding at home this is great my choice of food is better healthier so hoping to loose wieght since i put so much on on the serequel now all i have to do is talk my partners case worker to put him on it he has scizophrenea and struggles day to day with all sorts of side effects love this stuff there is a light at the end of the tunnel"

tan444 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I have on this medicine for 1 week. I was on Seroquel and was aggressive on it, making bad decisions. I feel much better even singing and laughing. I am eating more than on Seroquel which wasn't much but am making healthy choices."

tan77 March 19, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Been on Invega ER for two months; so much better in the head, sorted the acute psychosis out, organized my thoughts in a new and helpful way, slight orthostatic hypotension and drowsiness is easing - overall, this has been a saviour re paranoia and hallucinations etc. AND I am more motivated to do things; continuing with Pristiq at 200mgs and paliperidone 9mg good."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I was diagnosed in 2013 with schizophrenia and depressive behavior. Prior to my last hospitalization none of the meds were working on me. My family changed my physician and she firmly believed Invega combined with Sertraline would do the trick. I am most grateful to her and my family for their desire to help me. I no longer hear the voices, I can go out in the public, watch TV, listen to the radio and enjoy it like I used to. I feel safe again, the paranoia of thinking people were after me is gone, I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and I'm starting to build a social life again. I am 24 years old and I'm grateful for the unconditional support my family and new doctor have giving me, My life back."

Improved patient December 7, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have a lot of vomiting after the shot, but it goes away. The voices are minimal, hallucinations are almost gone. I think it's worth it; hopefully my body will get used to it."

Jessica LAWSON November 22, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine."

tchana September 20, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects."

kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Invega 9 mg is perfect."

alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though."

LHHL August 3, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good."

harry nos July 18, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I get the shot of Invega Sustenna 156mg once every 4 weeks. I am 62 and have tried everything in every research hospital in Indiana and Illinois. I use it as monotherapy along with counseling and it has revolutionalized my life. I have no side effects. I work full time as a school teacher and I am working on my master's degree and expect to graduate soon. I finally found my own miracle in this medicine. I am so grateful to my new doctor, nurse, and therapist and now to you who are reading this. "

wonderfull alive July 15, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "On this medicine I do notice my moods are a lot more stable. But I feel my anxiety and depression is a lot worse."

Chany (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects."

truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone."

crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2013

For Schizophrenia "The medicine is partly covered by my issurance company. Current maintenance dosage 3 mg (was 6mg) Invega. After taking Invega my positive symptoms vanished completely after a number of weeks, furthermore I don't get an unreal sense (depersonalization) which was the case with Risperdal. Unfortenately I got the following side-effects (discussed with my physician): - weight gain (8 kilo's) - sometimes strange expression around mouth, stiffness - tiredness/weakness, need more sleep - intense dreaming, sometimes nightmares - harder to breath through nose - increase of ALAT blood values (80) - dizziness after sudden activity - heartburn For now the positive effects outweight the negative effects."

SoundSystem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It was a very harsh medicine. I had urinary problems. "

Anonymous September 20, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medicine is the only one that lets me function with little to no side effects."

JessTyna (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Invega has gotten rid of my mania at 75 mg monthly injection. However, the side effects are much more than lithium or valproic acid and it is much worse on the body. So I think it is really better to just take a mood stabilizer so am thinking of switching to lithium or valproic acid. I will try to reduce to the lowest injection which is 50 mg monthly. I am using it as a monotherapy. It along with Risperdone injection are the only long-lasting injections available. So they force it on me because they don"

dhall10067 March 30, 2012

For Schizophrenia "They put me on palperidone and within a week, I was very aggressive. They took me straight off it again. "

Anonymous March 26, 2012

"My son has Autism. Like many with Autism, he has meltdowns. However, his meltdowns are violent. He had been taking Abilify for 4 years, and it worked GREAT! However, he started having muscle spasms. So the doctor switched him to Invega. He loves it! He does NOT like feeling out of control. It gives him the control over his emotions he likes without the muscle spasms."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been taking Invega for almost two years. It does wonders for my concentration. I went from being unable to drive, cook or take care of myself to being able to live a normal life. I work, function normally socially, drive and pretty much do whatever I want. I didn't notice that the Invega helped much with the depression. I take Effexor for that, and it is great. I spend most of my time being content now, which is wonderful. My biggest complaint about the Invega is that it does nothing to stop the hallucinations. The only side effects I had were blurred vision and orthostatic hypotension (dizziness upon standing). Both went away after 7-10 days. I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms are unpleasant (dizziness, seizures, jitteriness.)"

Anonymous January 3, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "My 8 year old son was put on Invega 3 mg and then moved up to 6 mgs a day. About 1 1/2 months ago after gaining too much weight on risperdone. He gets the dosage on time daily but since starting Invega he has had the worse uncontrollable muscle spasms/twitches. He is constantly twitching his arms, neck and head without knowing he is doing it. Also he has started making vocal noises (random humming) without noticing he is doing it. I was really hoping the Invega would work but I think in our case the side effects are too much to accept so he will be switching again today."

Anonymous October 13, 2010

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been hearing voices due for 2.5 years. Initially, I had severe emotional swings and delusions created by the voices and my interaction with them. I began taking Invega 18 months ago - this was very successful in moderating the emotions and generally calming my mental state. In terms of side effects: I am really struggling to lose any weight even with good diet and exercise, I have very high prolactin levels - this contributes to me not getting periods, having occasional breast discharge and I believe is responsible for 'anorgasmia' - where I have very low sexual desire and arousal and feelings of orgasm are very subdued. These side effects have become more apparent over time."

Anonymous July 16, 2010

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on Invega for over two years now and am doing great. I live on my own and am able to do what everyone else does. I don't work, I'm not ready for that, but caring for myself and two dogs is going great."

danielscott May 29, 2010

For Schizophrenia "Invega is a great medication. I can speak more clearly and think more thoroughly. I've felt better about myself in almost about 2 years, and I've been on this medication for about 2 weeks! I would recommend it to anyone with this diagnosis!"

Anonymous March 12, 2010