User Reviews for Invega

Learn more about Invega.

Invega Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Schizoaffective Disorder.

Reviews for Invega to treat Schizoaffective Disorder

"When I first started taking invega it took away the voices and delusional thoughts better than the other injection I was receiving. Weening off of it was not hard but I was also taking large doses of niacin and lithium at the time. I had a manic episode that lasted 3 months after withdrawing. After that, one injection brought me back to reality in less than a day. I have extreme weight gain on invega, drousiness (sleep 12 hours a day) and decreased sex drive. Though it is important for me to point out, like I said, no mania or hallucinating. I function well on the injection. It is the side effects that I have troubles dealing with."

Damien Guymon August 6, 2015

"Feel okay but gained 60ibs in three months. Horrible joint pain."

Drake109 July 26, 2015

"i have been on this med for just over two weeks my head is clear my thoughts are better my communication better my partner cant get over the diffrence no anger no depression in fact i laugh and sing now my partner and i dont fight any more i actualy went for a walk this morning instead of hiding at home this is great my choice of food is better healthier so hoping to loose wieght since i put so much on on the serequel now all i have to do is talk my partners case worker to put him on it he has scizophrenea and struggles day to day with all sorts of side effects love this stuff there is a light at the end of the tunnel"

tan444 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

"Been on Invega ER for two months; so much better in the head, sorted the acute psychosis out, organized my thoughts in a new and helpful way, slight orthostatic hypotension and drowsiness is easing - overall, this has been a saviour re paranoia and hallucinations etc. AND I am more motivated to do things; continuing with Pristiq at 200mgs and paliperidone 9mg good."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

"I have a lot of vomiting after the shot, but it goes away. The voices are minimal, hallucinations are almost gone. I think it's worth it; hopefully my body will get used to it."

Jessica LAWSON November 22, 2014

"Invega 9 mg is perfect."

alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2014

"The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects."

truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2013

"It was a very harsh medicine. I had urinary problems. "

Anonymous September 20, 2012

"This medicine is the only one that lets me function with little to no side effects."

JessTyna (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2012

"I've been taking Invega for almost two years. It does wonders for my concentration. I went from being unable to drive, cook or take care of myself to being able to live a normal life. I work, function normally socially, drive and pretty much do whatever I want. I didn't notice that the Invega helped much with the depression. I take Effexor for that, and it is great. I spend most of my time being content now, which is wonderful. My biggest complaint about the Invega is that it does nothing to stop the hallucinations. The only side effects I had were blurred vision and orthostatic hypotension (dizziness upon standing). Both went away after 7-10 days. I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms are unpleasant (dizziness, seizures, jitteriness.)"

Anonymous January 3, 2011

"I've been hearing voices due for 2.5 years. Initially, I had severe emotional swings and delusions created by the voices and my interaction with them. I began taking Invega 18 months ago - this was very successful in moderating the emotions and generally calming my mental state. In terms of side effects: I am really struggling to lose any weight even with good diet and exercise, I have very high prolactin levels - this contributes to me not getting periods, having occasional breast discharge and I believe is responsible for 'anorgasmia' - where I have very low sexual desire and arousal and feelings of orgasm are very subdued. These side effects have become more apparent over time."

Anonymous July 16, 2010

"I have been on Invega for over two years now and am doing great. I live on my own and am able to do what everyone else does. I don't work, I'm not ready for that, but caring for myself and two dogs is going great."

danielscott May 29, 2010

"My husband is currently hospitalized for the 3rd time in 15 months. Thanks to Invega, I had the first real conversation with him last night in over a year. He says he finally has a clear head and he feels great! Hopefully, this is our answer. I am keeping my finger crossed."

the wife December 4, 2009

"Invega has helped me greatly, but the side effects were pretty harsh."

Anonymous August 16, 2009