User Reviews for Invega

Learn more about Invega.

Invega review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Schizoaffective Disorder.

Reviews for Invega to treat Schizoaffective Disorder

Review by alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Invega 9 mg is perfect.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects.

March 14, 2013 11:45 AM

It was a very harsh medicine. I had urinary problems.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2012 1:05 PM

Review by JessTyna (taken for 2 to 5 years):

This medicine is the only one that lets me function with little to no side effects.

June 11, 2012 10:23 AM

I've been taking Invega for almost two years. It does wonders for my concentration. I went from being unable to drive, cook or take care of myself to being able to live a normal life. I work, function normally socially, drive and pretty much do whatever I want. I didn't notice that the Invega helped much with the depression. I take Effexor for that, and it is great. I spend most of my time being content now, which is wonderful. My biggest complaint about the Invega is that it does nothing to stop the hallucinations. The only side effects I had were blurred vision and orthostatic hypotension (dizziness upon standing). Both went away after 7-10 days. I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms are unpleasant (dizziness, seizures, jitteriness.)

January 3, 2011 4:25 PM

I've been hearing voices due for 2.5 years. Initially, I had severe emotional swings and delusions created by the voices and my interaction with them. I began taking Invega 18 months ago - this was very successful in moderating the emotions and generally calming my mental state. In terms of side effects: I am really struggling to lose any weight even with good diet and exercise, I have very high prolactin levels - this contributes to me not getting periods, having occasional breast discharge and I believe is responsible for 'anorgasmia' - where I have very low sexual desire and arousal and feelings of orgasm are very subdued. These side effects have become more apparent over time.

July 16, 2010 8:13 AM

Review by danielscott:

I have been on Invega for over two years now and am doing great. I live on my own and am able to do what everyone else does. I don't work, I'm not ready for that, but caring for myself and two dogs is going great.

May 29, 2010 5:28 PM

Review by the wife:

My husband is currently hospitalized for the 3rd time in 15 months. Thanks to Invega, I had the first real conversation with him last night in over a year. He says he finally has a clear head and he feels great! Hopefully, this is our answer. I am keeping my finger crossed.

December 4, 2009 9:44 PM

Invega has helped me greatly, but the side effects were pretty harsh.

August 16, 2009 8:05 PM