User Reviews for Invega

Learn more about Invega.

Invega review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Invega to treat Schizophrenia

Review by tchana:

I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Review by kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by harry nos:

I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good.

July 18, 2013 6:58 AM

Review by crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone.

February 28, 2013 6:58 AM

Review by SoundSystem (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

The medicine is partly covered by my issurance company. Current maintenance dosage 3 mg (was 6mg) Invega. After taking Invega my positive symptoms vanished completely after a number of weeks, furthermore I don't get an unreal sense (depersonalization) which was the case with Risperdal. Unfortenately I got the following side-effects (discussed with my physician): - weight gain (8 kilo's) - sometimes strange expression around mouth, stiffness - tiredness/weakness, need more sleep - intense dreaming, sometimes nightmares - harder to breath through nose - increase of ALAT blood values (80) - dizziness after sudden activity - heartburn For now the positive effects outweight the negative effects.

November 25, 2012 2:54 PM

They put me on palperidone and within a week, I was very aggressive. They took me straight off it again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2012 7:32 AM

Invega is a great medication. I can speak more clearly and think more thoroughly. I've felt better about myself in almost about 2 years, and I've been on this medication for about 2 weeks! I would recommend it to anyone with this diagnosis!

March 12, 2010 10:18 AM

Review by brugbabe:

I've had auditory hallucinations all my life. Was on Geodon previously and had to keep upping the dose to keep the hallucinations and voices at bay. With Invega, I'm on the lowest dose and have an auditory hallucination maybe once or twice a month. Despite the risk of side effects, this is a wonder drug for me. I've had no side effects.

March 7, 2009 6:00 PM

Review by mandypeacock:

My daughter was diagnosed with a mental illness around 12 years ago. We try almost every single medication out on the market. Nothing work. I had lost hope. Then our MD talked to me about "invega". It was God sent. the best medication ever. My daughter is able to have a life again. she goes out without being paranoid. It is worth every penny. some side effect but she is able to think clearly. If you are thinking about it. give it a try.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2008 12:22 AM

Clears my thinking and helps my moods.

April 27, 2008 2:19 AM

This drug works great for the treatment of schizophrenia. It has made me feel a ton better, and its benefits far outweigh the few side effects. Be sure to take exactly when you are supposed to and not try to catch up on a dose. I did this and had to go to the hospital for treatment of muscle rigidity and uncontrollable muscle spasms, but as I said it has only happened once and happened when I missed a dose and tried to double up. So this is a great medicine, but take as prescribed only.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2008 6:31 PM