User Reviews for Opana ER

Learn more about Opana ER.

Pain 65 reviews 908 medications

8.3
Summary of Opana ER reviews 65 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Opana ER

For Pain "Was very disappointed with the opana 10E round peach pill. They did not help my pain at all. I have taken a 40 mg. before and they worked wonders. I took over my doctors dosage instructions after a while because it was not helping and I was in so much pain after my surgery. I ended up taking 5 within an hour and was still in pain and sick as a dog. So I just stopped taking them all together as they are very addictive and did NOT wont any addictions especially sense they were useless. Very DISAPPOINTED!"

BlakeNAlan (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Pain "My doctor Currently has me on Opana ER 5mg every 12 hours and let me tell you it's a God send. I was taking 4 or 7 Norco 10mg a day every 4 hours because I was always in so much pain now since my doctor switched me from Norco to Opana ER the results have been amazing I no longer have pain constantly and whenever I walk a long way I still sometimes have pain but on a scale of 1-10 the pain is only a 2. I'm so thankful for this medicine because now I'm no longer in pain and another good thing about this medication is I don't have any side effects nor do I get that fuzzy feeling that other opioids give you . I highly recommend anyone who has chronic severe lower back pain to talk with your doctor about switching to Opana ER."

austin75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Pain "I find this Medication very difficult to rate due to the fact that Effectiveness is not able to be judged until you have established a therapeutic level which can ultimately take as long as a week or so! I am not sure if I am being titrated properly or not. I suffer with an extremely severe case of Rheumatoid Arthritis and with that said anyone who shares the same diagnosis will agree that "No Medication no matter in what amount can bring you even 75% relief''. I am taking 1 10mg. Opana ER 3 times a day! It is my understanding that 2 per day is the normal dosage however through a mixup at an appointment with my Pain Mgmt. Clinic I saw a different Practicioner and she messed up my original regiment of 2 30mg. I am on the fence w/this Drug!"

slloyd123z May 23, 2015

For Pain "I have needed to opiate meds to manage my pain control for many many years. I have a clotting disorder that had caused high levels of pain for my entire life. I can remember taking liquid TyCo at 9 or 10 prolly earlier.. Anyway, as a teen, I would use TyCo 3 or vicodin. It go to a point where I needed way too many to adequately control my pain. I was switched to OxyContin and had started taking 20mg 3 X day. Over 8 years, increased to 80mg X 2 day with OxyCodone for breakthrough. Eventually I was up to 100mg X 2 day. Changes in providers caused me to change from OxyContin to Opana ER. I have been started at 50mg X 2 day. It is just enough to help and take the edge off, but it is no where near as effective (for me) than OxyContin is"

AntiCoagulation (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2014

For Pain "My pain management Dr prescribed me this for my knee pain, which is excruciating. I have no cartilage in both knees. This medication allows me to live my life in a normal way. I dance Zumba everyday as well as do other cardio classes to stay fit. I NEVER take more than what my doctor prescribes. I've been taking it for two years and it's a Godsend for me. I've never had any side effects. I never drink alcohol and I watch my diet very closely. I rest well. Drink lots of water. Opana is a great medication. Of course, always do what your doctor says and take them EXACTLY how they were prescribed."

Candyzumbagirl August 20, 2014

For Pain "Back pain 7 yrs ... Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc ... Once I was prescribed Opana ER I was also prescribed a companion breakthrough medicine taken 4 x daily, these have been rotated every few mos. Dr. started Opana 10 ER 2 x daily, then Opana ER 20 twice daily. I'm now on Opana ER 40mg twice daily. I'm seldom pain free but with Opana ER 40 and a breakthrough medicine I'm more comfortable. I can now stand and do tasks for short periods, then sit until the pain subsides. This method has allowed me to cook, do laundry, raise tomatoes, etc. I know that sounds limited but before I was pretty much chair bound. NOW FEEL I HAVE MY LIFE BACK. SEVERE CONSTIPATION only reaction but I've had that with every pain medicine prescription."

"Clyde" (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2014

For Pain "I've been on pain meds for 30 years. Changed to Opana ER 20 x 2. This made a large difference but still had breakthrough pain so DR added Opana IR 10mg. These I break up into thirds, halves, or quarters as needed. I couldn't use Norco because of breathing problems. This dosage isn't perfect but I'm no longer whining every time I get in or out of the car. 2 major surgeries coming over the summer. I hope Opana continues to work."

katped June 26, 2014

For Pain "I started out with 10mg, but the side effects were too much! My doc then put me on 5mg, which did nothing at all, then bumped me to 7.5. I am starting back on the 10mg this week because 7.5mg is alright but not really working as well as the 10mg did. Now, although the side effects were horrible, the pain relief was great! I am having insurance issues, so unfortunately for the next couple days, until I can go pick it up, I have to use just my Oxycodone 2xdaily as needed for break through pain, and my muscle relaxant. I realized just in one day how much the 7.5 worked more than I realized when my shoulder and neck started throbbing. It is obvious that although it was not as good as the 10's were for pain relief, it worked more than I realized!"

CnKaCkW (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2014

For Pain "I have been on Opana ER for approximately 4 years. I have multiple conditions with the bones in my spine and both psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis. Opana does not seem to help much with general arthritis pain and not at all the psoriatic arthritis, but it has been the most helpful medication for my back pain. unfortunately on Medicare I reached gap and at that time medication becomes way too expensive. I cannot endure this cost while I am on Medicare and now I have to switch medications. I go from paying $40 a month to $250. On Medicare you cannot use the discount cards for the program that Opana has. I am feeling very upset about this as the medication has been the most helpful to me without side effects. "

naomi rc (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2014

For Pain "I had severe migraines up to 24 a month. My neurologist tried everything...including Botox to NO AVAIL. Next I developed neuropathic pain in my feet that traveled into my calves-extremely severe 99 per cent of my day! Between these two conditions I was at my wits end. Then my primary suggested Opana. The lesser dosages did nothing for me, when I reached Opana 40, MY life became more bearable. Hooray for Opana!"

Sizzlean March 22, 2014

For Pain "I came to this site to see if I was only person who had some minor issues with this medication. I started Opana ER 10mg 4 days ago. I was to start it 9 days ago but my insurance initially wasn't going to cover the cost. My doctor filled out some forms and I am preapproved for a year. I find that the medicine is great for my pain but it does not last 12 hours, I have found that at 8 to 9 hours later I need another one. If prescribed 3's daily it would be a perfect medication and who knows maybe I wouldn't need my breakthrough medicine."

Disabled 38 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2014

For Pain "I think Opana ER is a GREAT pain medication. On a 1-10 pain scale, I went from a 6 with the MS-Contin to a 3 with the Opana. I get more done around the house (I can prep, cook, and clean, as I could only do 1 of those things continuously with the MS-Contin) so it does its job in that respect, but it has never lasted 12 hours. It seems to wear off in 8 hours on the dot. And when it wears off, you don't just hurt, you feel like total crap. Usually you don't feel like that as soon as a pain medication wears off but with this, you do. If I get my dosage raised to 3 instead of 2 a day so I don't have to go through the yucky stage, I can't help but wonder how I'm going to feel when I come off as I have only been on it for a month."

StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2014

For Pain "I have gotten good results with Opana ER with hardly any side effects."

Warreta (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2013

For Pain "I have tried many different medications for my back, I have deteriorating arthritis in my lower back along with curvature of the spine. I am currently on Opana ER 10 mg twice a day, and Norco 4 times a day for break through pain. When I get up in the morning I can hardly move, I take the Opana and within half an hour I can move better. I still have pain but not as intense as it was. It has helped a lot. I would not be able to afford this medicine without the coupon."

kims46342 April 21, 2013

For Pain "I was hurt on the job back in 2006.Had a disc removed and fusion of L4 and L5 in my lower back.I have suffered for years with chronic back and leg pain because of this injury.I was on 80 mg's of Percocet a day for 2 years and was taken off of it,cold turkey as they say,by my Dr. After 5 days of terrible withdrawl's,my Dr. put me on OPANA ER 10 mg tab's,twice a day.They helped me with my withdrawl symptoms but didn't do much for my pain. My Dr. agreed to up my dosage to 30 mg's,twice per day. WOW!!!! What a difference these 30 mg pills make.Pain is about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 and I can finally sleep again. It is known that only 10 percent of your dose is actually absorbed by the body and the rest is eliminated when taken orally."

JSTFNOFF March 14, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I just started this medication a few days ago and I am on 10 mg twice per day..I would have to say it works very well on my neck and back pain and my nauseating migraines which all result from a car accident and I'm only 23 years old. I luckily have a very nice understanding doctor and know what I'm going through and he has never turned me down when I've needed an increase or change in meds."

MarleysMama February 7, 2013

For Pain "I suffer from neck and back issues with my spine and I have tried many different pain medications and procedures but the one where I got the most relief is Opana. Sometimes the pain is so bad that Opana or my breakthrough medication do not control it. Maybe 6 to 10 times a week."

bnagoh (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2013

For Pain "Better then Lortab 10/500 been taking for 3 years 4 times a day. "

sassy388 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2013

For Pain "I have suffered for over 30 years. Was going to the VA and then my family DR gave me this, it was a life change and then the medicine went off for a short time I thought it would never come back. When it did my Dr slowly moved my medicine up. I am getting better, I have a lot of pain, was hurt in the army."

ironxoman June 13, 2012

For Pain "My doctor switched me from Oxycontin to Opana ER 40mg three times a daay when it first came out. I have had wonderful results with little to no decrease in mental ability which is important since I work as an ER RN. Since the outcome of the new crush proof formulation, though, I feel that the strength and effectiveness has decreased. I am glad they are making the formula abuse proof, but I don't think the patients who don't abuse the medication should suffer. I now have to take double the amount of pills as before!"

JP, ER RN (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2012

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "When I first started taking Opana original formula I was overjoyed. Finally a medication that relieved my pain. Then the new formula came out and I literally cried. Why did you change a medication that worked so well? I realize that you're trying to make your medication abuse proof, but you did so at the expense of the legitimate Opana users who take the medication as prescribed. The new formula gives me no where near the relief of the old formula and it also takes twice as long to work. "

Anonymous April 3, 2012

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I was in an accident. Doctors words...I had to learn how too do everything again walk, talk, stand, brush teeth etc. Oxycodone and Oxycontin neather worked much. I was switched to Opana ER. What a difference this made. Pain was reduced by 50% more than the Oxycontin and almost no mental decrease. This was my biggest issue and now solved with Opana ER. Thank you Opana ER."

CCI March 17, 2012

For Pain "This Medicine works great when it comes to pain ."

smithsa1 January 11, 2012

For Pain "Best ever for getting rid of pain."

willsworld January 4, 2012

For Pain "I've got scoliosis and disc herniation. I was taking Vicoprofen 7.5/200 four times a day. It worked great. My Dr refused to write for it anymore and insisted I take Opana ER 10mg 2X daily. I went from a $15 co-pay to a $180 co-pay. The medicine seems to do OK with the pain...but the constipation!! Also, I feel very sad and somber on it."

Anonymous December 24, 2011