User Reviews for Oxymorphone

Also known as: Numorphan, Numorphan HCl, Opana, Opana ER

Learn more about Oxymorphone.

Pain 150 reviews 912 medications

8.4
Labor Pain 0 reviews 9 medications

8.3
Summary of Oxymorphone reviews 150 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Oxymorphone

Review by Candyzumbagirl:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: My pain management Dr prescribed me this for my knee pain, which is excruciating. I have no cartilage in both knees. This medication allows me to live my life in a normal way. I dance Zumba everyday as well as do other cardio classes to stay fit. I NEVER take more than what my doctor prescribes. I've been taking it for two years and it's a Godsend for me. I've never had any side effects. I never drink alcohol and I watch my diet very closely. I rest well. Drink lots of water. Opana is a great medication. Of course, always do what your doctor says and take them EXACTLY how they were prescribed.

August 20, 2014 3:28 AM

Review by white lightning:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: Within 20 minutes after I took the first pill, the pain began to subside, and was completely gone within 30 minutes.

August 15, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by "Clyde" (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: Back pain 7 yrs ... Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc ... Once I was prescribed Opana ER I was also prescribed a companion breakthrough medicine taken 4 x daily, these have been rotated every few mos. Dr. started Opana 10 ER 2 x daily, then Opana ER 20 twice daily. I'm now on Opana ER 40mg twice daily. I'm seldom pain free but with Opana ER 40 and a breakthrough medicine I'm more comfortable. I can now stand and do tasks for short periods, then sit until the pain subsides. This method has allowed me to cook, do laundry, raise tomatoes, etc. I know that sounds limited but before I was pretty much chair bound. NOW FEEL I HAVE MY LIFE BACK. SEVERE CONSTIPATION only reaction but I've had that with every pain medicine prescription.

July 30, 2014 11:44 PM

Review by c flow (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: If I may start out saying that oxymorphone (Opana ER) is AMAZING! I have two bulged disc's in lumbar region of back. Had a disc in the sacrum region of back replaced 2 yrs ago. I have disc degeneration disease. I have a synovial cyst on my spine. And also have arthritis in my hips, knees and feet. I am only 37 yrs old. Many a doctor has said I was too young to be in this bad a shape! I am due for spinal fusion in my lower lumbar reg in a month. All this pain which I might add is unbearable at times. I can't sit or stand for more than 10 minutes at a time. Sleep is limited. Maybe 4 to 6 hrs. I could not function if it weren't for oxymorphone! It is a wonder medicine. I thank God and my pain management doc for it everyday! I take 30mg 2 daily. Oxycodone10 5x.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Nobody cares.:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have been on Opana IR for 4 months now. I have severe migraines due to a cyst on my brain along with 2 bulging discs in my neck. It works ok but I also have stadol nose spray if the Opana doesn't help. I'm on 5mg 2x a day. I honestly need stronger but since it's migraines he won't up it. I would recommend it for small pain.

July 1, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by katped:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I've been on pain meds for 30 years. Changed to Opana ER 20 x 2. This made a large difference but still had breakthrough pain so DR added Opana IR 10mg. These I break up into thirds, halves, or quarters as needed. I couldn't use Norco because of breathing problems. This dosage isn't perfect but I'm no longer whining every time I get in or out of the car. 2 major surgeries coming over the summer. I hope Opana continues to work.

June 26, 2014 7:49 AM

Review by ross13:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: Too strong for me. If taking Opana 30's for the first time, I suggest starting off with smaller doses then increase gradually. Took one the other night, nausea set in and I vomited. Great loss in appetite, like on Adderall minor drowsiness.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by CnKaCkW (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I started out with 10mg, but the side effects were too much! My doc then put me on 5mg, which did nothing at all, then bumped me to 7.5. I am starting back on the 10mg this week because 7.5mg is alright but not really working as well as the 10mg did. Now, although the side effects were horrible, the pain relief was great! I am having insurance issues, so unfortunately for the next couple days, until I can go pick it up, I have to use just my Oxycodone 2xdaily as needed for break through pain, and my muscle relaxant. I realized just in one day how much the 7.5 worked more than I realized when my shoulder and neck started throbbing. It is obvious that although it was not as good as the 10's were for pain relief, it worked more than I realized!

May 27, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by naomi rc (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have been on Opana ER for approximately 4 years. I have multiple conditions with the bones in my spine and both psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis. Opana does not seem to help much with general arthritis pain and not at all the psoriatic arthritis, but it has been the most helpful medication for my back pain. unfortunately on Medicare I reached gap and at that time medication becomes way too expensive. I cannot endure this cost while I am on Medicare and now I have to switch medications. I go from paying $40 a month to $250. On Medicare you cannot use the discount cards for the program that Opana has. I am feeling very upset about this as the medication has been the most helpful to me without side effects.

May 25, 2014 12:47 PM

Review by Charlie baltimore (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: After breaking my neck and back in a car accident I was given 2 40 mg Oxycontin and 6 5mg oxycodone IR per day. Over a period of 12 months the effectiveness decreased. Introduced to Opana, they worked 10x better without having the euphoric feeling (major for me). Due to cost, I switched from Opana ER 2x40mg. per day to the generic oxymorphone 3x30mg. per day. Although generic does not last as long as the Opana brand, taking 3 X per day (every 8 hours) works very well. Rarely do I have the level of pain I used to while taking other medicines. If I could take every 6 I do not think I would need to take as many IR pills as I do.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 3:34 PM

Review by FMSista' (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Worked well for a week then side effects started. Tightness in chest, depression, suicidal, light sensitive, dizzy, nausea, had to stop taking it all together. Took one every 12 hours per instruction. Helped a lot at first then the side effects were unbearable.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 12:56 AM

Review by Sulee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: Supposed to be 12 hours however, I've found no better than 10 hrs and that is pushing it.

April 15, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by jill gabriel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: Horrible side effects after switching from Opana ER to the generic oxymorphone ER due to insurance company denial of Opana. Side effects: racing heart, racing thoughts, insomnia, paranoia, burning and cracking of facial lips, constipation, loss of appetite.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2014 12:34 AM

Review by Sizzlean:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I had severe migraines up to 24 a month. My neurologist tried everything...including Botox to NO AVAIL. Next I developed neuropathic pain in my feet that traveled into my calves-extremely severe 99 per cent of my day! Between these two conditions I was at my wits end. Then my primary suggested Opana. The lesser dosages did nothing for me, when I reached Opana 40, MY life became more bearable. Hooray for Opana!

March 22, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by Jerry Garcia Band (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: Rotated me off oxy and onto this for six months. Works ok.

February 24, 2014 10:17 PM

Review by Disabled 38 yr old (taken for less than 1 month):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I came to this site to see if I was only person who had some minor issues with this medication. I started Opana ER 10mg 4 days ago. I was to start it 9 days ago but my insurance initially wasn't going to cover the cost. My doctor filled out some forms and I am preapproved for a year. I find that the medicine is great for my pain but it does not last 12 hours, I have found that at 8 to 9 hours later I need another one. If prescribed 3's daily it would be a perfect medication and who knows maybe I wouldn't need my breakthrough medicine.

January 22, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I think Opana ER is a GREAT pain medication. On a 1-10 pain scale, I went from a 6 with the MS-Contin to a 3 with the Opana. I get more done around the house (I can prep, cook, and clean, as I could only do 1 of those things continuously with the MS-Contin) so it does its job in that respect, but it has never lasted 12 hours. It seems to wear off in 8 hours on the dot. And when it wears off, you don't just hurt, you feel like total crap. Usually you don't feel like that as soon as a pain medication wears off but with this, you do. If I get my dosage raised to 3 instead of 2 a day so I don't have to go through the yucky stage, I can't help but wonder how I'm going to feel when I come off as I have only been on it for a month.

January 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Fastlife (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: I had some injuries and pain to deal with but after a bad car accident my life changed, pain never let me sleep, smile or live a normal life and in past 5 years I almost tried every kind of pain killer that didn't do much but finally my Dr recommended to try Opana. I have been on it for past 7 months and never had to experience the pain since I started taking these 2 x 30mg a day and I can live a normal pain free life.

December 6, 2013 2:31 PM

Review by luckynj:

For Pain: Shoulder surgery gone bad, nerve damage and arthritis pain 24/7. The pain management doctor is really a savior, helped me with Opana20and even oxycodone 30 and I got my life back.

November 27, 2013 9:14 PM

Review by Paulski:

For Pain: I've tried numerous meds for back pain and neurogenic pain from MS, Opana works good, although the new formula made me very sick, thank God generic are not the plastic tablets. 3X20 per day and 1-3 Norco for BT. I use Fentanyl 25mcg on weekend instead of OP to give my digestive tract a break.

October 23, 2013 9:12 PM

Review by Warreta (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have gotten good results with Opana ER with hardly any side effects.

September 15, 2013 9:02 PM

Review by smacken (taken for 10 years or more):

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have been on MS-Contin for 15 years. In that time, only one dose increase! I take 2x60 mg daily. Every 2-3 months, my doc changes medicine. I used to be able to get Opana, 40 mg 2x per day, and it worked great! Even better was Efalgo, 16 mg 3 x per day. 2 in the morning, one at night. Now, insurance will not pay for either. The only medicine I can tolerate is Opana, 80 2x per day, and they really don't work well. It is so frustrating that the medicine that is the hardest to tamper with, Efalgo, is the hardest to get and most expensive! If I don't switch every few months, I build up a tolerance. I suffer from degenerative disc disease in my lower back, arthritis etc.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2013 1:33 PM

Review by DeAnna L.:

For Pain: I have Degenerative Disc Disease and have had 12 spine surgeries and countless injections etc. I have pretty much been tried on everything on the market with no good results until...Opana ER. I have been on this for at least 8 years and I have to say (the old formula) its been the only thing that has brought any relief to me. Then they went and changed it to the new formula and all of a sudden it was like taking plain aspirin.

July 18, 2013 6:20 PM

Review by Nick Sargent (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: Was on morphine sulfate. Was switched to Opana 20 MG ER 2 every 8 hours, I am able to move around outside without fear of falling, have been able to go fishing again after 10 years of morphine could not do so. On morphine was not allowed to have a small garden where Opana ER can manage and remember to water and pick the fruit and veggies grown. It is like night and day differences. As my condition has worsen have been given 10 mg opana IR as a break through medicine. It is the biggest help so far in cooping with the spinal cord injury. Have done surgeries and shots into the disc areas before the Opana with very limited help as the Opana has been the greatest thing.

July 3, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by Tii:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have Fibromyalgia and OsteoArthritis my Dr. recommended Opana and it has been a God send.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2013 9:51 AM