User Reviews for Slo-Niacin

Learn more about Slo-Niacin.

High Cholesterol 2 reviews 38 medications

9.5
Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...lomicrons VLDL 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Niacin Deficiency 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pellagra 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Slo-Niacin reviews 2 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Slo-Niacin

For High Cholesterol "My doctor wanted me to take statins with 225 cholesterol. I didn't want to (63 yrs old). She then suggested 500 mg of Slo-Niacin twice a day with a baby aspirin. I started it but in a few days I was terribly constipated. I backed off to once a day which helped. Then I started taking potassium iodine (kelp) and the constipation problem is completely solved - better than ever as I've always been constipated - probably slow thyroid. Anyway, when I was taking the two Slo-Niacins a day, I felt 20 years younger. Going up a flight of stairs felt like walking on a flat surface. Now one a day so I only feel 10 years younger. I went on a hike yesterday where I walked on a steep path for 45 min and it was like flat again. "

StrongOne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2013

For High Cholesterol "Two tabs (1000 mg) lowered my total cholesterol by 30 points. Added one more tablet daily (1500 mg) which will hopefully put my cholesterol at a 'good' level. Initial side effects of flushing and weird-feeling was lessened by one baby aspirin 1/2 an hour prior to taking the niacin, but mostly by taking the niacin immediately before getting into bed at night. Eventually I stopped the aspirin (lots of bruising) and notice that I am no longer sensitive (flushing and weird feelings are gone). So far it's great, especially since prior to starting I lost 35 pounds, stopped eating red meat and dairy products, and began/continue on a daily exercise (walking) program to no avail in reducing my cholesterol."

Anonymous August 9, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate