User Reviews for Lovastatin

Also known as: Altocor, Altoprev, Mevacor

Learn more about Lovastatin.

High Cholesterol 5 reviews 38 medications

7.4
High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 3 reviews 15 medications

6.7
Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lovastatin reviews 8 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Lovastatin

Mevacor (lovastatin) for High Cholesterol: "This worked better than Lipitor. I changed due to cost and my blood work is beyond excellent. I've had no adverse side effects. "

Zanesgrammy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2014

For High Cholesterol: "Constipation is my number one problem. I drink 8oz of prune juice every other day and the problem is 100% solved."

Horsecreeker March 30, 2012

Mevacor (lovastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Lowered cholesterol about 65% as well as Lipitor. Had eventual adverse effects after 1.5 years of use. Caused extreme joint and muscle tendon pain in the fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, thighs and knees. This was with the typical starting dosage for Mevacor. Lipitor has NOT had any side effects for me in over a decade of use. Different statins have different effects on different individuals, but Mevacor's side effects were crippling for me until I discontinued use. About a year later, I began 20 mg of Lipitor."

wwaldok November 1, 2011

Altoprev (lovastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I have never had any major side effects with this medicine. I would say it is probably the best on the market, though it is expensive. When I was on another medication related to statins my eyes were RED, and they hurt. My heart ached and I felt like my days were numbed. I asked my doctor to switch me back to Altoprev and I am back to normal, full of energy, my eyes are clear and the heart pains went away. I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from high cholesterol."

Anonymous March 2, 2011

For High Cholesterol: "Has caused chronic pain, muscle cramps, loss of muscle. "

Holtz February 28, 2011

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I used this Statin for almost a year (20mg/day), didn't work for me (my total was 266-275). "

hakush June 29, 2009

Mevacor (lovastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been on lovastatin for many years. I started with Mevacor and then tried later statins, but seemed to experience minor muscle aches from the newer ones and I requested to stay on lovastatin. "

tyler57 August 13, 2008

Altoprev (lovastatin) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Altoprev is the ONLY statin drug I can tolerate. It is due to the timed-release of the drug over 24 hours. I do not recieve that whopping dose of the drug all at once. However, my ins. Rx. coverage wil not cover it. I do not get to take it regularly, due to fixed income. It is 160.00 a month. But this is the drug for me and I get it filled about every other month. "

misspapaw May 5, 2008