User Reviews for Mevacor

Learn more about Mevacor.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 1 reviews 14 medications

High Cholesterol 2 reviews 41 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Mevacor reviews 3 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Mevacor

Review by Zanesgrammy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Cholesterol: This worked better than Lipitor. I changed due to cost and my blood work is beyond excellent. I've had no adverse side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by wwaldok:

For High Cholesterol: Lowered cholesterol about 65% as well as Lipitor. Had eventual adverse effects after 1.5 years of use. Caused extreme joint and muscle tendon pain in the fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, thighs and knees. This was with the typical starting dosage for Mevacor. Lipitor has NOT had any side effects for me in over a decade of use. Different statins have different effects on different individuals, but Mevacor's side effects were crippling for me until I discontinued use. About a year later, I began 20 mg of Lipitor.

November 1, 2011 10:45 PM

Review by tyler57:

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: I have been on lovastatin for many years. I started with Mevacor and then tried later statins, but seemed to experience minor muscle aches from the newer ones and I requested to stay on lovastatin.

August 13, 2008 9:20 AM