User Reviews for Lipitor

Learn more about Lipitor.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 2 reviews 14 medications

6.5
High Cholesterol 26 reviews 41 medications

6.3
Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia... beta-VLDL IDL 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lipitor reviews 31 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lipitor

Review by nana500:

For High Cholesterol: My cardiologist took me off Lipitor 2 weeks ago-my cholesterol is great after being on a low carb diet. Previously my body was covered in bruises at all times which I had attributed to other medicines(Plavix and aspirin) I Just realized I am bruise free for the first time in over a year. Conclusion: it was the Lipitor causing the problem.

October 3, 2013 9:46 AM

Review by Kate g:

For High Cholesterol: Took Lipitor for about 5 years. It kept my lipids under control well, but developed severe leg aching and muscle cramps, especially at night. Went off it and within a week, all these reactions disappeared.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2013 8:43 AM

Review by momlovestobake:

For High Cholesterol: I have taken this for 8 years but it makes me feel like a zombie. And it affects my memory and motor skills. I recently went back to work and had to quit the lipitor because it affected my ability to work. Don't know what I will try next. Started on Crestor 9 years ago and couldn't stand the pain in my legs.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2013 12:11 AM

Review by jcvdm (taken for 10 years or more):

For High Cholesterol: Have been on this so long but recently I feel it creates nausea and stomach/abdominal pain. No matter when I take it with or without food I seem to get this reaction. My Dr is stumped, but I cannot get past this awful "sick" feeling all the time. When I stop taking it I do much better. When I start again the same thing happens. My only other prescription is for High blood pressure and is the same as I have always taken so we figure it is not that.

June 2, 2013 3:17 PM

Review by mizzannie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Cholesterol: Lipitor plus Zetia lowered cholesteral from 300 to 200, lots of aches, pains and charley-horses in the legs especially going up and down stairs. High cholesteral prominent in the family genes. Now have nasty skin rashes red welts with itch that is a torture, dermatology, allergist and GP have no answers. I am guessing it is the statins as its the only other thing I take is a LD aspirin.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2012 9:19 AM

Review by jon moss:

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: Its good.

January 4, 2012 5:50 AM

For High Cholesterol: I was placed on Lipitor 10 mg after trying all of the other cholesterol reducing drugs. Developed after three days, very stiff neck and overall muscle soreness. Doctor ordered a CPK test and my levels are off. She discontinued me on this medication. Must not be for everyone. Will continue with my diet and exercise. My cholesterol must be hereditary since I follow Weight Watchers, have lost weight and I exercise daily.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2011 9:54 AM

Review by Kara592:

For High Cholesterol: My dad takes Lipitor and he is very happy with it. His cholesterol levels are much closer to his target level, with no side effects.

July 8, 2011 4:19 PM

For High Cholesterol: I've been taking Lipitor for over 4 years-no side effects noted and my cholesterol is now 132, Trigycedrides 84, LDL 65, and HDL 50.

June 2, 2010 2:50 AM

Review by jpc330:

For High Cholesterol: Works well at lowering lipids when combined with Niaspan. Had to discontinue because of cognitive disorders and severe muscle pain. No rhabdo, however.

March 10, 2010 12:35 AM

Review by Da pig:

For High Cholesterol: My number was 240 with a bad ratio. Now its around 140 with a great ratio.

February 5, 2010 6:48 PM

For High Cholesterol: Lipitor gave huge muscle cramps in my legs, sides and stomach.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2009 11:39 AM

For High Cholesterol: 43 year old male been on 20mg lipitor for 3 months, alot of side effects for first month mainly muscle spasms and uneasy stomach. Cholesterol went from 240 to 120, cut dose in half, and no more side effects.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2009 10:07 PM

For High Cholesterol: Been on Lipitor for 7 months & it worked very well. Then I developed a rash that drove me crazy.

October 15, 2009 11:22 PM

For High Cholesterol: Suffered from memory loss/lapse and muscle aches/cramps in my legs. Switched to Crestor and have had no side effects at all.

October 8, 2009 3:40 PM

Review by PASSION4ROSES:

For High Cholesterol: I was prescribed 40 mgs of Lipitor for Heart Disease. I was on it for 9 months. It did lower my cholesterol, but had a lot of undesired bad side effects! Right away I noticed Memory problems, forgetfulness, confusion and was just fog headed. Then of course I experienced the usual muscle pain. I also noticed being angry for no apparent reason. I talked to my Cardio and he took me off of it.

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2009 8:25 AM

For High Cholesterol: I was taking the combination drug Caduet, of which Lipitor was one of the two drugs. Steadily over a year my doctor increased the medication from 20mg to 40mg, and then about three months ago he increased it to 80mg. Within a month I was experienceing severe tiredness, and eventually sever muscle weakness, coupled with elevated CK readings. On doing some research on the drug I found that the symptoms I had were indeed a major drug reaction. Although Lipitor helped in the reduction of my cholesterol levels, the side effects were debilitating. Within a week of having the medication changed to a non-statin I was beginning to feel better. A month later I am close to being back to my old self. There are other better alternatives.

195 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2009 4:35 AM

Review by bonobo:

For High Cholesterol: My cholesterol dropped from 302 to 213 in 6 weeks. Seems to be causing constipation. Also, questioning weight gain. Otherwise, effective.

September 13, 2009 9:12 PM

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: I used Zocor for first statin follin angioplasty December 2009. I must state that I have a high degree of sensitivity to medications and high degree of allergies. With Zocor, I experienced abdominal cramps increasing daily, muscle pain and off and on nausea. The cramps were a concern because I have experienced anemia in the past. My doctor, whom I trust with my life, suggested that I not take Zocor. After several months I had blood work, my LDH still higher than doctor wanted, so he prescribed Lipitor. I had same bad effects, but on a higher level. Fortunately, my doctor trusts my reports. There is one "weird" change that I have not shared with my doctor, but I am sharing with all of you. In several days, and increasingly, I am losing hair. Help me!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2009 7:18 PM

For High Cholesterol: Have been taking 10 mg for about 2 years, doctor recently increased to 50 mg, my legs are cramping up and are sore from where they have cramped. I am going to doctor tomorrow to see if dose can be reduced.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2009 11:20 PM

Review by user797271:

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: I have taken Lipitor for over two years. HDL are 76 total cholesterol is 147. Appears to be working properly. Have full blood tests every six months.

August 4, 2009 5:45 AM

For High Cholesterol: I suffered frequent and prolonged cramps in my legs for anything from two/four times weekly at night, waking me from a sound sleep.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2009 12:17 AM

Review by Dusty Roads:

For High Cholesterol: Very healthy 50 year old white male. Developed severe rash on right inside thigh. Doctor immediately suggested to stop taking Lipitor, which I did. FUNNY, Crestor produced same rash in same place. Doctor was amazed.

June 11, 2009 6:28 PM

Review by anon imus:

For High Cholesterol: Reduced my overall cholesterol from 288 to 126 in one month. However, I now seem to have a lot of various pains throughout my body. Feet, back, etc.

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2009 6:39 AM

For High Cholesterol: Lowers cholestorol but I have the oddest side effect - I call it itchy feet. In the bottoms only and nothing stops the itchy feeling, except Neurontin. It's an internal nerve itch, not external. I was scratching on concrete, anything to make it stop.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2009 7:40 PM