User Reviews for Ezetimibe

Also known as: Zetia

Learn more about Ezetimibe.

Sitosterolemia 0 reviews 1 medications

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 4 reviews 14 medications

High Cholesterol 20 reviews 41 medications

6.5
Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 24 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ezetimibe

Review by I AM PU:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Cholesterol numbers are in the normal range for the first time EVER. I take it with Livalo (the cost for both medications is horrible and are Tier 4 meds on insurance formulary list). Only side effect is perspiration comes in waves (not all the time) and has the odor of garbage. Bathing is the only solution for this problem. Deodorants only work for a short period after a "sweat" episode.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 10:40 AM

Review by BANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Combining the Zetia with low dose Atorvastatin has produced good results with my cholesterol numbers. My Cardiologist added it to my regimen about 4 years ago and it has not added any side effects other than in the wallet.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2014 10:48 PM

Review by Jack Bauer (taken for 10 years or more):

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I have been taking this for 10 years and although my cholesterol numbers are good, I'm constantly fatigued. I take a handful of other medications as the result of a heart attack that left no permanent damage to my heart. Sometimes I wonder if the side effects of a lot of these medications is worth the benefit. Plus, Zetia is expensive.

August 11, 2014 1:15 PM

Review by Nunu1950:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Dizziness, tiredness, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, generally feel bad.

March 5, 2014 8:23 AM

Review by Nurse Kish (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: I've had elevated cholesterol and triglycerides for 20 years now and have taken many medications to lower them. Three months ago my cholesterol was 710 and my triglycerides were 3000. I've been on Crestor and Tricor for quite a few years and 3 mos. ago my Dr. added Zetia. My cholesterol is now down to 87 and my triglycerides are down to 125. Zetia is truly a miracle for me as I no longer feel like I'm a ticking time bomb now.

January 3, 2014 5:33 PM

Review by fgr500:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I have been using Zetia for two years. I am also having extreme muscle pain with profuse sweating when I get too hot.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by Ken2912:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: Taken for two weeks and have back pain. Stopped taking medicine.

June 15, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by MaineJo:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: The ONLY medicine that has resulted in my numbers being normal after many years on Lipitor-Niacin regimen. Added Zetia to the mix every night. Effects - light-headed and loose stools in mornings every day. Small price to pay for good health, but, yes, BIG price for the medicine.

May 24, 2013 11:23 AM

Review by Grammy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I have had really good results with this medicine and no adverse side effects. I had not had to take it for about 5 years, but was recently asked by my M.D. to go back on it. I am going to have to decline due to the huge difference in the cost of it now! For a 90 day supply, it is now $285.00 even with my prescription insurance. I am on a fixed income & absolutely cannot afford this!

May 2, 2013 7:13 PM

Review by Carl A.:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: After statring Zetia, I began to have weird dreams which lasted throughout the night. I began taking it in the morning with my breakfast, and had stomach discomfort.

April 20, 2013 8:32 AM

Review by Heidi111:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Stopped taking Zetia at night as I had horrific nightmares. Will try it in the morning, see if I have any side effects. Can't take statins because off muscle pain.

March 21, 2013 10:58 PM

Review by JerryCs1:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I took Zocor for 10 years before developing muscle pain. Since then its been trail and error with several different stains. In each case I developed muscle pain in essentially the area of my body, right buttocks and hip. Most recently I was put on Zetia without any statin. After two months the pain returned to the same area only much more severe than previous and more persistent.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2013 7:34 PM

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: I didn't get on with statins -muscle aches. I have been taking this for several years with absolutely no side effects, and my cholesterol level keeps my doctor happy.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2011 6:35 AM

Review by KPdePK:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I take 20mg of Crestor in addition to Zetia and have for 5 years or more with no side effects. I asked my doctor to take me off Zetia for 6 months to see what my numbers would look like without it. For me, it knocks about 40 points off the total score, so I'm back on Zetia again.

September 20, 2011 6:07 PM

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Tried several statins but both resulted in terrible muscle pain despite working to reduce both LDL and HDL levels. After switching to Zetia, no more muscle pains while lowering my LDL and maintaining my HDL levels.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2011 8:07 PM

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: So far no muscle pain with this medication. Very expensive over $100 for 1 month supply, and no generic.

July 14, 2010 1:33 PM

Review by sg372:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Put my heart into A-fibrillation. It was discontinued and no sign of A-fibrillation in heart when checked.

May 24, 2010 3:54 PM

Review by HankSYL:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I have used this at 1/2 the prescribed dosage for over a year. My cholesterol levels have improved dramatically even at the lower dosage. I do not believe my cholesterol is a problem but have succumbed to my doctor. I would not take statins although my insurance company says I should. I am pleased with the results.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2009 5:58 PM

Review by earniegunda:

For High Cholesterol: Both times I have been put on Zetia I have suffered with tremendous body aching, especially in my arms and legs, to the point of not being able to sleep.

October 22, 2009 11:53 PM

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I have not had any bad experiences with this medicine since I started taking it. I am very pleased it is working so well for me.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2009 1:40 PM

Review by Sumterjim:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: I took it for about 2 years and it did lower my cholesterol somewhat. The entire time that I took it, I sweated profusely with any exercise and I would become light headed. I quit taking Zetia nearly a year ago and have had no horrible sweating episodes since.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2009 2:30 AM

For High Cholesterol: Didn't make any difference to my cholesterol.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2009 3:20 PM

Review by tomvseven:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: My medical professionals advise that my bad cholesterol numbers are good or better than they have expected.

February 8, 2009 12:34 PM

Review by deckert:

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: Cut my LDL in half when added in combination with Lipitor.

March 31, 2008 3:50 PM