User Reviews for Ezetimibe

Also known as: Zetia

Learn more about Ezetimibe.

Sitosterolemia 0 reviews 1 medications

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 4 reviews 14 medications

High Cholesterol 21 reviews 42 medications

6.3
Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 25 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ezetimibe

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "The second day of taking Zetia I had night leg cramps (Charlie's Horse). The third night, same thing, leg cramps at night. The fourth night foot and leg cramps at night. Stopped taking them after fourth night."

hope44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Cholesterol numbers are in the normal range for the first time EVER. I take it with Livalo (the cost for both medications is horrible and are Tier 4 meds on insurance formulary list). Only side effect is perspiration comes in waves (not all the time) and has the odor of garbage. Bathing is the only solution for this problem. Deodorants only work for a short period after a "sweat" episode."

I AM PU October 30, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Combining the Zetia with low dose Atorvastatin has produced good results with my cholesterol numbers. My Cardiologist added it to my regimen about 4 years ago and it has not added any side effects other than in the wallet. "

BANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking this for 10 years and although my cholesterol numbers are good, I'm constantly fatigued. I take a handful of other medications as the result of a heart attack that left no permanent damage to my heart. Sometimes I wonder if the side effects of a lot of these medications is worth the benefit. Plus, Zetia is expensive."

Jack Bauer (taken for 10 years or more) August 11, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Dizziness, tiredness, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, generally feel bad."

Nunu1950 March 5, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I've had elevated cholesterol and triglycerides for 20 years now and have taken many medications to lower them. Three months ago my cholesterol was 710 and my triglycerides were 3000. I've been on Crestor and Tricor for quite a few years and 3 mos. ago my Dr. added Zetia. My cholesterol is now down to 87 and my triglycerides are down to 125. Zetia is truly a miracle for me as I no longer feel like I'm a ticking time bomb now."

Nurse Kish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been using Zetia for two years. I am also having extreme muscle pain with profuse sweating when I get too hot."

fgr500 June 25, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Taken for two weeks and have back pain. Stopped taking medicine."

Ken2912 June 15, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "The ONLY medicine that has resulted in my numbers being normal after many years on Lipitor-Niacin regimen. Added Zetia to the mix every night. Effects - light-headed and loose stools in mornings every day. Small price to pay for good health, but, yes, BIG price for the medicine."

MaineJo May 24, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have had really good results with this medicine and no adverse side effects. I had not had to take it for about 5 years, but was recently asked by my M.D. to go back on it. I am going to have to decline due to the huge difference in the cost of it now! For a 90 day supply, it is now $285.00 even with my prescription insurance. I am on a fixed income & absolutely cannot afford this! "

Grammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "After statring Zetia, I began to have weird dreams which lasted throughout the night. I began taking it in the morning with my breakfast, and had stomach discomfort."

Carl A. April 20, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Stopped taking Zetia at night as I had horrific nightmares. Will try it in the morning, see if I have any side effects. Can't take statins because off muscle pain."

Heidi111 March 21, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I took Zocor for 10 years before developing muscle pain. Since then its been trail and error with several different stains. In each case I developed muscle pain in essentially the area of my body, right buttocks and hip. Most recently I was put on Zetia without any statin. After two months the pain returned to the same area only much more severe than previous and more persistent."

JerryCs1 March 17, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I didn't get on with statins -muscle aches. I have been taking this for several years with absolutely no side effects, and my cholesterol level keeps my doctor happy. "

Anonymous November 21, 2011

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I take 20mg of Crestor in addition to Zetia and have for 5 years or more with no side effects. I asked my doctor to take me off Zetia for 6 months to see what my numbers would look like without it. For me, it knocks about 40 points off the total score, so I'm back on Zetia again."

KPdePK September 20, 2011

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Tried several statins but both resulted in terrible muscle pain despite working to reduce both LDL and HDL levels. After switching to Zetia, no more muscle pains while lowering my LDL and maintaining my HDL levels."

Anonymous January 2, 2011

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "So far no muscle pain with this medication. Very expensive over $100 for 1 month supply, and no generic."

Anonymous July 14, 2010

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Put my heart into A-fibrillation. It was discontinued and no sign of A-fibrillation in heart when checked. "

sg372 May 24, 2010

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have used this at 1/2 the prescribed dosage for over a year. My cholesterol levels have improved dramatically even at the lower dosage. I do not believe my cholesterol is a problem but have succumbed to my doctor. I would not take statins although my insurance company says I should. I am pleased with the results."

HankSYL October 29, 2009

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Both times I have been put on Zetia I have suffered with tremendous body aching, especially in my arms and legs, to the point of not being able to sleep."

earniegunda October 22, 2009

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have not had any bad experiences with this medicine since I started taking it. I am very pleased it is working so well for me."

Anonymous September 2, 2009

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I took it for about 2 years and it did lower my cholesterol somewhat. The entire time that I took it, I sweated profusely with any exercise and I would become light headed. I quit taking Zetia nearly a year ago and have had no horrible sweating episodes since."

Sumterjim August 12, 2009

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Didn't make any difference to my cholesterol."

Anonymous June 17, 2009

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "My medical professionals advise that my bad cholesterol numbers are good or better than they have expected."

tomvseven February 8, 2009

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Cut my LDL in half when added in combination with Lipitor."

deckert March 31, 2008