User Reviews for Crestor

Learn more about Crestor.

Atherosclerosis 4 reviews 1 medications

8.5
High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 5 reviews 15 medications

8.2
High Cholesterol 52 reviews 43 medications

6.4
Summary of Crestor reviews 61 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Crestor

For High Cholesterol "I began on Crestor in 2013. I could not tolerate simvastatin or pravastatin but was told that Crestor was different. After a week on this med I developed severe pain in my legs .I stopped it but the pain did not go away. Three years later I am still in pain, can not climb stairs or get out of a chair. My muscle in my thighs and rear are wasting away.Five Neurologists have failed to help me."

Bedhead February 1, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Unbearable muscle pain, both wrist, both arms shoulders, right side, numbness in feet. I missed 1 dose and had no pain that's what brought me to this site to read the side effects."

G-Baby December 28, 2015

For Atherosclerosis "Severe pain in joints. had to reduce med"

Anonymous December 23, 2015

For High Cholesterol "Gained 8 pounds in two months, wearing a splint for my left wrist due to extreme tendon/muscle pain, can't lift anything. Also noticed that I can't lift any of the weights that I used to be able to at gym as my upper body isn't as strong as it used to be. Had blood work yesterday so I don't know if it lowered my cholesterol (300 range) but Dr. is taking me off (5mg) it for a month."

LAdder November 12, 2015

For High Cholesterol "Crestor brought down my cholesterol, however, I've experienced insomnia, leg cramps and, last night, the worst nightmare of my life which woke me at 2:30 a.m. and I never could go back to sleep. I'm not taking any more."

Summertime1935 August 27, 2015

For High Cholesterol "Been on Crestor for almost a month. 20 mg daily for genetic high cholesterol. Triglycerides started at 1100! I immediately noticed the muscle weakness and belly pains. My hips knees and ankles ache constantly!!!"

Aprilleigh August 25, 2015

For High Cholesterol "I took Caduet which contains Lipitor for two years and had leg cramps and developed a chronic cough with asthma. I got off the medication and started taking Crestor 5mg and I love it. No cramps no cough and it lowered my cholesterol even at the reduced dosage."

R. Reeves July 20, 2015

For High Cholesterol "I have genetically high cholesterol, compounded by occasional bad eating habits. At one point, my cholesterol was up to 342. Within 2 months of taking Crestor, 10 mg, my cholesterol level dropped to 154. I stopped taking it and started eating healthier, but my cholesterol went back up to 266 (curse my genetics). So I am back on it, my cholesterol is down to 143. I don't have any leg cramps or other type of problems that I did when I first tried Lipitor."

SeanEdwards January 30, 2015

For High Cholesterol "Side pains weak legs, muscle stiffness and poking pains in stomach."

aggielion June 17, 2014

For High Cholesterol "LDL was 124. Took 10mg Crestor 3 times a week. Six weeks later my LDL is down to 54. Doc says to go down to 2 pills a week, which will maintain the lower cholesterol number. No muscle cramps or joint pains with taking it a couple times a week instead of every day and its just as effective. Even if I did have cramps or joint pain it would still be worth it to get my cholesterol down, reduce heart disease and prevent dementia."

mandaD23 April 23, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "I am a Type 1 diabetic and have had high cholesterol since being diagnosed 12 years ago. I am on a restricted diet and I do not eat eggs or meat yet my cholesterol was high (genetic). I hesitated to take any statins because I got a rash from Lipitor but finally agreed to take Crestor because last summer my stress test showed abnormalities (which were later disproven). However, I started on only 5mg, I started walking about 20 -30 minutes a day a few times a week and now 8 months later my total cholesterol was BELOW normal and all other levels were within a good range and my endocrinologist was very pleased and said no reason to go up to 10 mg. I do sometimes get some joint pain in my wrist and ankles and sometimes some muscle."

jodil1968 March 27, 2014

For High Cholesterol "I have been on Crestor 10 mg for 2 years now. I feel better but lately I am having some serious right hip joint pains. I am in good health, never had any sort of joint pain. Now I notice each time I take Crestor I can barely walk due to very intense deep hip joint pains. I have to stop taking this medication."

RJ Tampa (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Severe muscle cramps, after almost one year on 10 mg/day Crestor, for familial hypercholesterolemia of 6. Not overweight, exercise and eat well. Stopped Crestor and resolved within 1 week. 2 months later, liver tests normal but cholesterol borderline high restarted with 5 mg every other day along with co enzyme Q 100 mg/day and had taken 2 weeks of Coenzyme Q to build up stores prior to this. Severe cramps resumed within 1 week."

footcramps (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Have been on Crestor for over 5 years Total cholesterol is 130 from 180. Increased my HDL slightly while lowering my LDL. Also took Niacin for years. Now only take Micardis. Yes, muscle cramps when I walk long distances. I'm 75 and just had a carotid ultrasound and totally clear of buildup. Liver enzymes are OK."

DrRick (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 28, 2013

For High Cholesterol "I took Crestor 10 mg for more than 10 years. It did an excellent job reducing my LDL. But, through years I developed joint pains, which doctors cold not explain. Once a friend told me my joint pain could be a result of Crestor, so to test it out I stopped taking it and sure enough only in few months no more pain in any of my joints for the past 1 year, since I have stopped taking Crestor."

ankaboot May 10, 2013

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "5 mg Crestor for about 3 weeks after becoming menopausal and having cholesterol spike even higher (family genetic condition)- no side effects at first and numbers started to improve THEN -everything went haywire- rapid weight gain & all symptoms of pre-menopause has come back -now having severe joint pain so have stopped taking it completely."

midlifestreesedmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2013

For High Cholesterol "Taking 2.5mg per day (that's half a 5mg pill). This much lowered my cholesterol from 248 to 193, and LDL from 168 to 125. Not perfect but good enough. Started out with 10mg a day that gave me muscle cramps and elevated Liver enzymes (AST and ALT). Doc had me try some other statins but they all had the same effect. So we lowered the Crestor dose until the side effects stopped. Works great and no noticeable side effects."

Resistor (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2013

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Terrible joint and muscle pain. Must stop it. Did take down my cholesterol a lot"

redfishready (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2012

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Lowered levels immediately"

Anonymous November 9, 2012

For High Cholesterol "Doctor prescribed Crestor 5mg, after I experienced bad muscle pains with two other brands. A few days after taking Crestor, I got very painful muscles. I went off the Crestor for a month (suggested by cardiologist) and took only lecithin gel capsules. After the month was up, had lipogram, and cholesterol was high; Total cholesterol was 260 HDL: 55 LDL 171, Triglycerides 151- All numbers significantly higher than 3 months previously. So contrary to the hype about Lecithin, it did not work. It is clear, I cannot take statins of any kind. Disappointing, as Crestor is said to work well and work quick, but side effects are painful and can be dangerous."

Kittengal September 5, 2012

For High Cholesterol "Astra Zeneca has a wonderful program for low income to limit out of pocket expense according to need. The paper work can be a pain but it is worth it in the end. "

yodamama March 2, 2012

For High Cholesterol "Has not lowered my cholesterol level and am taking it along with Tricor."

engiefan1 March 2, 2012

For High Cholesterol "Crestor lowered my cholesterol and triglycerides, but I noticed weight gain (20 pounds in a year) and tiredness and no energy. I started having chest pains, arm pain, jaw pain. Cardiologist did a catheterization and found nothing to warrant the symptoms I was having. I stopped the Crestor and within 2 to 3 weeks I feel back to normal and dropped 8 pounds! I have increased my fish oil intake and paying more attention to diet hopefully won't have to go back on another statin."

Anonymous January 11, 2012

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Due to an elevated cholesterol my doctor started me with Crestor 5mg that was quickly increased to 10mg. My LDL almost halved, while triglycerides doubled and total cholesterol fell from 7.2 to 4.6. For 3 years regular liver function tests said all was OK. An acute event marked by fever, muscle aches, headache, dark urine, inability to sleep and total loss of appetite prompted my doctor to order blood tests, an X-ray, ultrasound and CT scan. I stopped taking Crestor immediately. Outcome of numerous tests could not apportion blame to flu, mosquito borne causes, etc. Tests did show liver function had been walloped. Liver was diagnosed as fatty and enlarged - several markers had risen alarmingly! A month later and liver function is much better."

lapdog2011 December 31, 2011

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "15 minutes after taking I would get severe leg cramps for hours. It made my good cholesterol bad it did not work for me."

T-Teresa December 28, 2011