User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

"I have been taking this for almost a year. I was in the hospital over the week end. They thought I had a stroke. The doctor checked my scripts and told me my high blood pressure and a lot of my other symptoms were caused by this drug. I have been off it for 2 days now and really feel a LOT better. This medication was a mirical pill that worked great but the side effects are too much for me. I ended up with almost all of them."

Lindohay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2015

"I have multiple sclerosis. This medication cased me dizziness, worsened balance and significantly increased tremor while affording very little relief of urinary symptoms. I have taken the samples for ten days and still need the bathroom every two to three hours with urgency. Will discontinue now. Not worth it."

Just kittens August 20, 2015

"I took this for 2 months. I felt terrible all the time. So tired I could barely motivate and my heart raced out of my body. Told my Dr. and have since stopped taking it. Went back to what I was taking for years with no problem."

Claygram August 2, 2015

"After 3 days of taking went to Dr with stroke like symptoms Dr said it was common with this drug"

Soldiercreator (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

"Horrible! I took one 25 mg pill 30 hours ago, and my heart has been racing ever since. I feel like I'm on crack and can't sleep at all. This is the most miserable feeling. I called the pharmacist, and she said that Myrbetriq has a 50-hour half life, which means that it's still another 20 hours before even half of the drug will be out of my system. On the flip side, I've had no overactive bladder whatsoever since I took it. As soon as I recover from this fiasco, I'm going back to Oxytrol Patch."

sparklingsoul (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

"I have been on this medication ,50mg for about a 1 1/2 and it changed my life. I had tried vesicare and one more kind and after 3 months, all of the other stopped. I give this a 100 out of 10. Downside, very expensive. I pay 275.00 a month until 1200 deductable met and that's with insurance."

kristy o June 11, 2015

"Within hours Myrbetriq resulted in normal frequency and stream of urine. I expected it would take weeks to works based on product insert. I was on Vesicare but this really works for me!"

joyce zarling (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

"I tried 4 different medications for overactive bladder prior to Myrbetriq. All of them included terrible side effects. Myrbetriq is one of the medications for overactive bladder with limited side effects. I was having constipation, inability to urinate, and other symptoms when trying the various older overactive bladder medicines. Myrbetriq was night and day compared to the others, and I highly recommend anyone to give it a try if the other more affordable options are not working. If you can afford the cost until it goes off patent, then I would try Myrbetriq first due to the limited side effects. I currently do not experience any noticeable side effects."

Ralph1010 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2015

"I had modest improvements in my bladder urgency symptoms. My biggest problem was how it affected my blood pressure. I am a 29 year old female and started having sky high blood pressure readings. I have never had trouble with blood pressure prior to starting to this medication. I had one blood pressure reading of 197/110. Now my blood pressure is still running high, around 155/90. I am going to start cutting the pills in half to see if it will help. One positive is that I only have to pay $20 on the patient assistance program through their website."

Kw12345 January 29, 2015

"The medication does work for me, but the cost is a hard ship."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2015

"This medication has changed my life. Been using for over 3 months and have gone from wearing 3 heavy pads per day to none. I also missed a couple of doses and immediately had incontinence. I took 2 x 25mg in one day and it reversed the problem and I got right back on schedule. For me its been a gradual improvement overtime so ladies, don't give up. I also take it separately from my blood pressure meds as to not interfere just in case. Also, insurance doesn't cover but you can download their Savings Card and pay less than half. That works for other non-covered meds like Crestor."

Queen101 December 3, 2014

"Myrbetriq worked 100% when I first started on it. Somehow, I missed taking it for several days and the symptoms returned. I have been faithfully taking it for 3 months since the 'break' in taking it and there is no reduction in my symptoms. I am back to where I was before I was prescribed the medicine."

2colliemom June 9, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took Myrbetriq for 4 months for treatment of severe overactive bladder. It helped me only slightly and the side effects for me would have caused me to stop taking it even if it had been 100% helpful. It immediately spiked my blood pressure to an average of 180/110 and my blood pressure returned to normal as soon as I stopped taking it. It also caused me bladder pain which I can best describe as feeling like my bladder was filled with shards of broken glass whenever my bladder got full. I also had difficulty emptying my bladder. I wanted this to work but unfortunately it did not for me."

Miss Lulu (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Myrbetriq about three weeks ago. What a difference it has made in my life. The doctor gave me samples for 25 mg and I noticed a positive change the first day and even more after a few days. When my two week supply of samples ran out, I requested to try the 50 mg and this level has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms I was having. Now I'm battling with my insurance company to approve the medicine. Hopefully they will come through for me because this medication is working great."

Mojo0242 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medication has changed my life. I could tell a difference with this medicine within a day or two of taking it. I can now leave my home and not worry about where the restrooms are located every where I go. I don't have to worry about having an "accident" on my way to the restroom. I can sleep all through the night. Only problem is, yesterday I received a letter from my insurance company stating it is no longer covered under my pharmacy benefit plan. So I can't afford to continue taking Myrbetriq."

sewtexas February 28, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Only started yesterday, but in these 2 days - great. Number of trips to the bathroom during the day went from at least 12 to 5 yesterday and 6 today. I slept through the night last night without needing to get up once. Best of all, I was in the car running errands for over 2 hours and experienced absolutely no urgency. Small sample, but so far so good!"

K.Muldoon December 7, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Doesn't work all that well for me."

Lightsound November 26, 2013

"I have been on this medication for 2 months--50 mg. It has reduced my frequency slightly (from 20 to 18 times), but has relieved the bladder pressure and urgency (that was constant). I can almost sleep for 5 hrs without the need to urinate. It has significantly improved the quality of my life. When I started the medication I had headaches, but after a week they disappeared."

Pnut 43 November 16, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"When I first took it, it worked great...I even slept through 2 nights in a row! I haven't done that in so many years, I can't remember how long. But, I got a bladder infection within the first 10 days and since then, have had little to no control once again of my overactive bladder. Am hoping that maybe given a little more time, the pills may kick in again."

pkhy October 18, 2013

"I have tried several medications with only a slight improvement. I was going to the toilet average 15 times a day and now about 8-9. But the good thing is I can now sleep at night. For the past couple of years I have been waking up 2-3 times at night and now I can sleep for 6-8 hours. Not only has it improved but there is less side effects. Not much or a dry mouth. Finally a medicine that works."

Rexlow September 18, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication for a month now and have noticed a big difference in the amount of times I go to the bathroom. It is great, but like with all the other medications you must watch the amount of caffeine you intake because it doesn't work as well. Caffeine will relax the muscle, but if I drink water or anything caffeine free I am fine. I can drink up to 3-4 glasses and still be ok. It worked better than all the others I've been put on."

Shelly5 September 17, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had been taking this medication for over active bladder. I tried this medication for 3 months 50 mg . No side effects but no improvement for my overactive bladder. "

Busymum6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2013

"In the past all medications failed, then went for stimulation of the Tiva nerve, that did not work after 12 weeks of therapy. My average times per day was approximately 15. I have been on MYRBETRIG 25MG for 3 days, my average now is 9, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. No side effects. I am 70yr old male."

Bill S from alabama (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2013

"I have been taking this medication for 30 days; and it works. I have actually slept through the night, at least once; without getting up to pee. Plus, no dry mouth side effects. No longer getting up 3-4 times a night to pee. Works great; but is expensive."

CB51 August 7, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Love this medicine. Changed my life."

Promqueen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2013