User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

Review by 2colliemom:

Myrbetriq worked 100% when I first started on it. Somehow, I missed taking it for several days and the symptoms returned. I have been faithfully taking it for 3 months since the 'break' in taking it and there is no reduction in my symptoms. I am back to where I was before I was prescribed the medicine.

June 9, 2014 8:26 AM

Review by Miss Lulu (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took Myrbetriq for 4 months for treatment of severe overactive bladder. It helped me only slightly and the side effects for me would have caused me to stop taking it even if it had been 100% helpful. It immediately spiked my blood pressure to an average of 180/110 and my blood pressure returned to normal as soon as I stopped taking it. It also caused me bladder pain which I can best describe as feeling like my bladder was filled with shards of broken glass whenever my bladder got full. I also had difficulty emptying my bladder. I wanted this to work but unfortunately it did not for me.

April 5, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by Mojo0242 (taken for less than 1 month):

I started Myrbetriq about three weeks ago. What a difference it has made in my life. The doctor gave me samples for 25 mg and I noticed a positive change the first day and even more after a few days. When my two week supply of samples ran out, I requested to try the 50 mg and this level has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms I was having. Now I'm battling with my insurance company to approve the medicine. Hopefully they will come through for me because this medication is working great.

March 25, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by sewtexas:

This medication has changed my life. I could tell a difference with this medicine within a day or two of taking it. I can now leave my home and not worry about where the restrooms are located every where I go. I don't have to worry about having an "accident" on my way to the restroom. I can sleep all through the night. Only problem is, yesterday I received a letter from my insurance company stating it is no longer covered under my pharmacy benefit plan. So I can't afford to continue taking Myrbetriq.

February 28, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by K.Muldoon:

Only started yesterday, but in these 2 days - great. Number of trips to the bathroom during the day went from at least 12 to 5 yesterday and 6 today. I slept through the night last night without needing to get up once. Best of all, I was in the car running errands for over 2 hours and experienced absolutely no urgency. Small sample, but so far so good!

December 7, 2013 8:15 PM

Review by Lightsound:

Doesn't work all that well for me.

November 26, 2013 11:06 AM

Review by Pnut 43:

I have been on this medication for 2 months--50 mg. It has reduced my frequency slightly (from 20 to 18 times), but has relieved the bladder pressure and urgency (that was constant). I can almost sleep for 5 hrs without the need to urinate. It has significantly improved the quality of my life. When I started the medication I had headaches, but after a week they disappeared.

November 16, 2013 1:31 AM

Review by pkhy:

When I first took it, it worked great...I even slept through 2 nights in a row! I haven't done that in so many years, I can't remember how long. But, I got a bladder infection within the first 10 days and since then, have had little to no control once again of my overactive bladder. Am hoping that maybe given a little more time, the pills may kick in again.

October 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Review by Rexlow:

I have tried several medications with only a slight improvement. I was going to the toilet average 15 times a day and now about 8-9. But the good thing is I can now sleep at night. For the past couple of years I have been waking up 2-3 times at night and now I can sleep for 6-8 hours. Not only has it improved but there is less side effects. Not much or a dry mouth. Finally a medicine that works.

September 18, 2013 4:45 AM

Review by Shelly5:

I have been taking this medication for a month now and have noticed a big difference in the amount of times I go to the bathroom. It is great, but like with all the other medications you must watch the amount of caffeine you intake because it doesn't work as well. Caffeine will relax the muscle, but if I drink water or anything caffeine free I am fine. I can drink up to 3-4 glasses and still be ok. It worked better than all the others I've been put on.

September 17, 2013 2:19 PM

Review by Busymum6 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had been taking this medication for over active bladder. I tried this medication for 3 months 50 mg . No side effects but no improvement for my overactive bladder.

August 14, 2013 10:14 AM

Review by Bill S from alabama (taken for less than 1 month):

In the past all medications failed, then went for stimulation of the Tiva nerve, that did not work after 12 weeks of therapy. My average times per day was approximately 15. I have been on MYRBETRIG 25MG for 3 days, my average now is 9, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. No side effects. I am 70yr old male.

August 12, 2013 6:38 AM

Review by CB51:

I have been taking this medication for 30 days; and it works. I have actually slept through the night, at least once; without getting up to pee. Plus, no dry mouth side effects. No longer getting up 3-4 times a night to pee. Works great; but is expensive.

August 7, 2013 10:56 AM

Review by Promqueen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Love this medicine. Changed my life.

June 27, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Laura Powell (taken for less than 1 month):

This medication worked where others failed.

June 11, 2013 1:17 PM

Review by Carmen76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This medication is a life saver! On the costly side, but for me, worth every penny. I have had no side effects. I can finally sleep through the night. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

May 27, 2013 10:17 AM

Review by CDD (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This medicine has changed my life for the better. I can sleep at night and not have to get up all during the night to go to the bathroom. I am not afraid to go somewhere for fear of there not being a bathroom available. My insurance does not pay for this medicine but I continue to take it even though it is quite expensive because it has improved my quality of life drastically! I have had no side effects at all.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2013 12:31 PM

Review by Rose the one:

I was given the 25mg for two weeks then progressed to the 50 mg. This pill is a God send. I felt relief with the first pill. As I continued to take the other pills for the first week, I have seen a very big improvement. I now control my bladder, it doesn't control me. I can sleep up to 5 hours a night without getting up to go. Thank you for this great medication. I have had no side effects. I love this medication and recommend it for others to try. It has changed my life.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by Shf (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been on a few meds for Overactive Bladder and they have all had the same intolerable dry mouth. I have been on this product for a little less than a month and not seen any side effects and my symptoms are better. It is a higher co-pay, but worth the symptom relief!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by Happy Patient (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This medication is first in class. It is not the same as the other Overactive Bladder medications. I was unable to take the other meds because of dry mouth. This medication gave me zero dry mouth and it works!

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2013 11:18 AM

Review by ddsc:

Myrbetriq worked well from the first week. I have had a few "bad" days, but even these were not as bad as when taking other medications.

January 12, 2013 12:44 AM

Review by silveradojo (taken for less than 1 month):

Dry mouth,dry eyes and continued to urinate. I believe it is an expensive drug with the same side effects as most of the other medications in this class. This was very drying compared to say Gelnique.

November 17, 2012 8:13 PM