User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

"Within hours Myrbetriq resulted in normal frequency and stream of urine. I expected it would take weeks to works based on product insert. I was on Vesicare but this really works for me!"

joyce zarling (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

"I tried 4 different medications for overactive bladder prior to Myrbetriq. All of them included terrible side effects. Myrbetriq is one of the medications for overactive bladder with limited side effects. I was having constipation, inability to urinate, and other symptoms when trying the various older overactive bladder medicines. Myrbetriq was night and day compared to the others, and I highly recommend anyone to give it a try if the other more affordable options are not working. If you can afford the cost until it goes off patent, then I would try Myrbetriq first due to the limited side effects. I currently do not experience any noticeable side effects."

Ralph1010 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2015

"I had modest improvements in my bladder urgency symptoms. My biggest problem was how it affected my blood pressure. I am a 29 year old female and started having sky high blood pressure readings. I have never had trouble with blood pressure prior to starting to this medication. I had one blood pressure reading of 197/110. Now my blood pressure is still running high, around 155/90. I am going to start cutting the pills in half to see if it will help. One positive is that I only have to pay $20 on the patient assistance program through their website."

Kw12345 January 29, 2015

"The medication does work for me, but the cost is a hard ship."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2015

"This medication has changed my life. Been using for over 3 months and have gone from wearing 3 heavy pads per day to none. I also missed a couple of doses and immediately had incontinence. I took 2 x 25mg in one day and it reversed the problem and I got right back on schedule. For me its been a gradual improvement overtime so ladies, don't give up. I also take it separately from my blood pressure meds as to not interfere just in case. Also, insurance doesn't cover but you can download their Savings Card and pay less than half. That works for other non-covered meds like Crestor."

Queen101 December 3, 2014

"Myrbetriq worked 100% when I first started on it. Somehow, I missed taking it for several days and the symptoms returned. I have been faithfully taking it for 3 months since the 'break' in taking it and there is no reduction in my symptoms. I am back to where I was before I was prescribed the medicine."

2colliemom June 9, 2014

"I took Myrbetriq for 4 months for treatment of severe overactive bladder. It helped me only slightly and the side effects for me would have caused me to stop taking it even if it had been 100% helpful. It immediately spiked my blood pressure to an average of 180/110 and my blood pressure returned to normal as soon as I stopped taking it. It also caused me bladder pain which I can best describe as feeling like my bladder was filled with shards of broken glass whenever my bladder got full. I also had difficulty emptying my bladder. I wanted this to work but unfortunately it did not for me."

Miss Lulu (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Myrbetriq about three weeks ago. What a difference it has made in my life. The doctor gave me samples for 25 mg and I noticed a positive change the first day and even more after a few days. When my two week supply of samples ran out, I requested to try the 50 mg and this level has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms I was having. Now I'm battling with my insurance company to approve the medicine. Hopefully they will come through for me because this medication is working great."

Mojo0242 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medication has changed my life. I could tell a difference with this medicine within a day or two of taking it. I can now leave my home and not worry about where the restrooms are located every where I go. I don't have to worry about having an "accident" on my way to the restroom. I can sleep all through the night. Only problem is, yesterday I received a letter from my insurance company stating it is no longer covered under my pharmacy benefit plan. So I can't afford to continue taking Myrbetriq."

sewtexas February 28, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Only started yesterday, but in these 2 days - great. Number of trips to the bathroom during the day went from at least 12 to 5 yesterday and 6 today. I slept through the night last night without needing to get up once. Best of all, I was in the car running errands for over 2 hours and experienced absolutely no urgency. Small sample, but so far so good!"

K.Muldoon December 7, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Doesn't work all that well for me."

Lightsound November 26, 2013

"I have been on this medication for 2 months--50 mg. It has reduced my frequency slightly (from 20 to 18 times), but has relieved the bladder pressure and urgency (that was constant). I can almost sleep for 5 hrs without the need to urinate. It has significantly improved the quality of my life. When I started the medication I had headaches, but after a week they disappeared."

Pnut 43 November 16, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"When I first took it, it worked great...I even slept through 2 nights in a row! I haven't done that in so many years, I can't remember how long. But, I got a bladder infection within the first 10 days and since then, have had little to no control once again of my overactive bladder. Am hoping that maybe given a little more time, the pills may kick in again."

pkhy October 18, 2013

"I have tried several medications with only a slight improvement. I was going to the toilet average 15 times a day and now about 8-9. But the good thing is I can now sleep at night. For the past couple of years I have been waking up 2-3 times at night and now I can sleep for 6-8 hours. Not only has it improved but there is less side effects. Not much or a dry mouth. Finally a medicine that works."

Rexlow September 18, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication for a month now and have noticed a big difference in the amount of times I go to the bathroom. It is great, but like with all the other medications you must watch the amount of caffeine you intake because it doesn't work as well. Caffeine will relax the muscle, but if I drink water or anything caffeine free I am fine. I can drink up to 3-4 glasses and still be ok. It worked better than all the others I've been put on."

Shelly5 September 17, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had been taking this medication for over active bladder. I tried this medication for 3 months 50 mg . No side effects but no improvement for my overactive bladder. "

Busymum6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2013

"In the past all medications failed, then went for stimulation of the Tiva nerve, that did not work after 12 weeks of therapy. My average times per day was approximately 15. I have been on MYRBETRIG 25MG for 3 days, my average now is 9, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. No side effects. I am 70yr old male."

Bill S from alabama (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2013

"I have been taking this medication for 30 days; and it works. I have actually slept through the night, at least once; without getting up to pee. Plus, no dry mouth side effects. No longer getting up 3-4 times a night to pee. Works great; but is expensive."

CB51 August 7, 2013

"Love this medicine. Changed my life."

Promqueen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2013

"This medication worked where others failed."

Laura Powell (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2013

"This medication is a life saver! On the costly side, but for me, worth every penny. I have had no side effects. I can finally sleep through the night. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Carmen76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine has changed my life for the better. I can sleep at night and not have to get up all during the night to go to the bathroom. I am not afraid to go somewhere for fear of there not being a bathroom available. My insurance does not pay for this medicine but I continue to take it even though it is quite expensive because it has improved my quality of life drastically! I have had no side effects at all."

CDD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was given the 25mg for two weeks then progressed to the 50 mg. This pill is a God send. I felt relief with the first pill. As I continued to take the other pills for the first week, I have seen a very big improvement. I now control my bladder, it doesn't control me. I can sleep up to 5 hours a night without getting up to go. Thank you for this great medication. I have had no side effects. I love this medication and recommend it for others to try. It has changed my life."

Rose the one March 23, 2013

"I have been on a few meds for Overactive Bladder and they have all had the same intolerable dry mouth. I have been on this product for a little less than a month and not seen any side effects and my symptoms are better. It is a higher co-pay, but worth the symptom relief!"

Shf (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2013

"This medication is first in class. It is not the same as the other Overactive Bladder medications. I was unable to take the other meds because of dry mouth. This medication gave me zero dry mouth and it works!"

Happy Patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Overactive Bladder