User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

"Myrbetriq 50mg has been great...I suffered for years with urgency, frequency and incontinence. Within 2 weeks the medication was allowing me more time between episodes and without the side effects I was having with Toviaz and Enablex. From the research I did prior to taking this medication, many other Pharma companies are currently studying their version of a Beta 3 agonist to treat OAB...This must be the future of treating this condition? Thank you Astellas for being the first."

Tiny Tank (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2016

"helped a little but still have a problem with urgency"

toucanman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2016

"Has help sudden urges but still have frequent urination"

Ping Pong December 29, 2015

"I can't find anyone else that experiences this, but I swear when I take this medication it sometimes makes my symptoms worse. At least 3-4 times a week it is like my bladder just fills up over and over really fast with tons of clear urine. I don't know where it comes from. It most often happens first thing in the morning so there is little to no way of ever sleeping in on my day off. If I am not exhausted, my bladder won't let me sleep but so much. This morning it was every 15-30 mins I was urinating like I had been chugging gallons of water. Sometimes it follows me to work and since I am on the road with my job, I am in complete hell at times. I do not have diabetes. Drs say at least my kidneys are good. Yet the misery continues."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 14, 2015

"Miracle drug when I started it three years ago. I had been on every drug before. Recently needed a bladder lift and hoped those new symptoms would stop. Now I have bad issues with urgency and can't make it to the bathroom. The Myrbetricq is not helping at all. In fact I quit taking it a week ago and I seem better. I am getting ready to try the electrode implants in case this may be a nerve issue. I have been chasing this cure for more that 15 years."

WaWagardens November 15, 2015

"dry mouth"

alank1 October 6, 2015

"I took Myrbetriq three times over a week. It stopped the urinary urgency it was prescribed to treat but caused serious demetia. I would not be able to function if I took this drug regularly. Dry mouth I could handle, not dementia."

P.G. September 18, 2015

"I have had issues with bladder leakage for years. My doc did the mesh implant and I still have some, not as much, but some leaks. After a few questions, he determined that I had "over active bladder" problems as well. I've been on this medication now for about 6 weeks. At first, I was on 25 mg and still had not so perfect results, he bumped it up to 50 mg and I have no problems now. So far, no side effects and I'm thrilled with the results. Expensive, yes...there is a $50 card on their website, if that helps. I would definitely recommend."

Dixie-Girl September 15, 2015

"Better bladder control started within several weeks. after the first 3 months I noted a decrease in efficacy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

"I have been taking this for almost a year. I was in the hospital over the week end. They thought I had a stroke. The doctor checked my scripts and told me my high blood pressure and a lot of my other symptoms were caused by this drug. I have been off it for 2 days now and really feel a LOT better. This medication was a mirical pill that worked great but the side effects are too much for me. I ended up with almost all of them."

Lindohay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2015

"I have multiple sclerosis. This medication cased me dizziness, worsened balance and significantly increased tremor while affording very little relief of urinary symptoms. I have taken the samples for ten days and still need the bathroom every two to three hours with urgency. Will discontinue now. Not worth it."

Just kittens August 20, 2015

"I took this for 2 months. I felt terrible all the time. So tired I could barely motivate and my heart raced out of my body. Told my Dr. and have since stopped taking it. Went back to what I was taking for years with no problem."

Claygram August 2, 2015

"After 3 days of taking went to Dr with stroke like symptoms Dr said it was common with this drug"

Soldiercreator (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

"Horrible! I took one 25 mg pill 30 hours ago, and my heart has been racing ever since. I feel like I'm on crack and can't sleep at all. This is the most miserable feeling. I called the pharmacist, and she said that Myrbetriq has a 50-hour half life, which means that it's still another 20 hours before even half of the drug will be out of my system. On the flip side, I've had no overactive bladder whatsoever since I took it. As soon as I recover from this fiasco, I'm going back to Oxytrol Patch."

sparklingsoul (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

"I have been on this medication ,50mg for about a 1 1/2 and it changed my life. I had tried vesicare and one more kind and after 3 months, all of the other stopped. I give this a 100 out of 10. Downside, very expensive. I pay 275.00 a month until 1200 deductable met and that's with insurance."

kristy o June 11, 2015

"Within hours Myrbetriq resulted in normal frequency and stream of urine. I expected it would take weeks to works based on product insert. I was on Vesicare but this really works for me!"

joyce zarling (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

"I tried 4 different medications for overactive bladder prior to Myrbetriq. All of them included terrible side effects. Myrbetriq is one of the medications for overactive bladder with limited side effects. I was having constipation, inability to urinate, and other symptoms when trying the various older overactive bladder medicines. Myrbetriq was night and day compared to the others, and I highly recommend anyone to give it a try if the other more affordable options are not working. If you can afford the cost until it goes off patent, then I would try Myrbetriq first due to the limited side effects. I currently do not experience any noticeable side effects."

Ralph1010 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2015

"I had modest improvements in my bladder urgency symptoms. My biggest problem was how it affected my blood pressure. I am a 29 year old female and started having sky high blood pressure readings. I have never had trouble with blood pressure prior to starting to this medication. I had one blood pressure reading of 197/110. Now my blood pressure is still running high, around 155/90. I am going to start cutting the pills in half to see if it will help. One positive is that I only have to pay $20 on the patient assistance program through their website."

Kw12345 January 29, 2015

"The medication does work for me, but the cost is a hard ship."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2015

"This medication has changed my life. Been using for over 3 months and have gone from wearing 3 heavy pads per day to none. I also missed a couple of doses and immediately had incontinence. I took 2 x 25mg in one day and it reversed the problem and I got right back on schedule. For me its been a gradual improvement overtime so ladies, don't give up. I also take it separately from my blood pressure meds as to not interfere just in case. Also, insurance doesn't cover but you can download their Savings Card and pay less than half. That works for other non-covered meds like Crestor."

Queen101 December 3, 2014

"Myrbetriq worked 100% when I first started on it. Somehow, I missed taking it for several days and the symptoms returned. I have been faithfully taking it for 3 months since the 'break' in taking it and there is no reduction in my symptoms. I am back to where I was before I was prescribed the medicine."

2colliemom June 9, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took Myrbetriq for 4 months for treatment of severe overactive bladder. It helped me only slightly and the side effects for me would have caused me to stop taking it even if it had been 100% helpful. It immediately spiked my blood pressure to an average of 180/110 and my blood pressure returned to normal as soon as I stopped taking it. It also caused me bladder pain which I can best describe as feeling like my bladder was filled with shards of broken glass whenever my bladder got full. I also had difficulty emptying my bladder. I wanted this to work but unfortunately it did not for me."

Miss Lulu (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Myrbetriq about three weeks ago. What a difference it has made in my life. The doctor gave me samples for 25 mg and I noticed a positive change the first day and even more after a few days. When my two week supply of samples ran out, I requested to try the 50 mg and this level has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms I was having. Now I'm battling with my insurance company to approve the medicine. Hopefully they will come through for me because this medication is working great."

Mojo0242 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medication has changed my life. I could tell a difference with this medicine within a day or two of taking it. I can now leave my home and not worry about where the restrooms are located every where I go. I don't have to worry about having an "accident" on my way to the restroom. I can sleep all through the night. Only problem is, yesterday I received a letter from my insurance company stating it is no longer covered under my pharmacy benefit plan. So I can't afford to continue taking Myrbetriq."

sewtexas February 28, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Only started yesterday, but in these 2 days - great. Number of trips to the bathroom during the day went from at least 12 to 5 yesterday and 6 today. I slept through the night last night without needing to get up once. Best of all, I was in the car running errands for over 2 hours and experienced absolutely no urgency. Small sample, but so far so good!"

K.Muldoon December 7, 2013

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate