User Reviews for Versed

Light Anesthesia 8 reviews 12 medications

5.3
Summary of Versed reviews 17 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Versed

For Light Sedation "I have UC and get a colonoscopy every year...the ONLY good thing about this whole procedure is getting 1 to 2mg of versed in the prep area and just before they give me propofol. I think it's one of the greatest drugs out there, so much euphoria, everything is awesome, calmness, all the anxiety, and any stress you have is gone!!! Wonderful drug, just wish it would last slightly longer. regardless high recommend if your going to get a out patient surgery or in my case a colonoscopy"

Alan135 April 1, 2016

For Light Anesthesia "I was given Versed pre-surgery for a D & C and within minutes I was vomiting violently. The surgery had to be cancelled due to my extreme reaction. I was dry heaving for 4 hours and was sick for days. I had terrible vertigo and very loud ringing in my ears. That was 5 months ago and I'm still being treated for vertigo and tinnitus. I was told by my ENT that the drug probably caused a disconnect between my ears and my brain. I am going to therapy and it is helping some. I could not drive for 3 months and am driving again. I'm always slightly dizzy and the loud high pitched sound in my head may be permanent. I was never told about the negative effects before taking this drug."

walluval February 3, 2016

For Light Anesthesia "This drug was given to me as I'm allergic to eggs and the other anesthesia was egg-based. I asked what was in this drug and was told, "I don't know." Waking up to bits and pieces of reality, trying to grab on to them, but not being successful repeatedly. Going home was double vision when I got there I immediately threw up. I didn't want to move. My husband got a chair on wheels to wheel me directly to the bathroom and brought me bedding and a pillow and lay on the bathroom floor. I slept all day and all night. That is one drug I will NEVER take again."

Anonymous January 22, 2016

For Light Sedation "I had two bowel resections and versed had no after affects after about 5 hours and was very useful for relaxation."

Kopen2kope (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

For Light Anesthesia "I was given this medication IV before a radiofrequency nerve ablation. I had absolutely no response and had to tolerate the procedure with no assistance. It was extremely painful and nerve-wracking. They gave me the medication and started the procedure without ever checking to see if I was comfortable."

suesiegel (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

"Midazolam (a/k/a Versed) has NO pain relieving properties. It's given--generally without patient consent--because it reduces anxiety, makes patients compliant/obedient to orders, & causes memory loss (same effects as Rohypnol, date rape drug--they are both benzodiazepines). Great if that's what you want & your doc has discussed this with you beforehand. However, there are many people who have been given Versed without their consent & who have been very upset about the memory loss (see VersedBusters, nomidazolam, etc.--an internet search for side effects of Versed or midazolam will yield a lot of hits). For both surgeries I had no anxiety yet was given Versed without my consent. I question why an amnesiac drug is administered when a"

Barb M. (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

For Light Anesthesia "I had dental implants. I was a nervous wreck going to the dentists office. I was in the dentists chair for 5 minutes and after that I don't remember a thing. The next thing I remember was my daughter getting my prescriptions filled at the pharmacy. I am thrilled to say this anesthetic was great ! I wish everyone of my surgical procedures was this easy. No after effects."

Tootsie111 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

For Light Anesthesia "I had to have oral surgery as the first stage of dental implants. I had four molars extracted, a sinus lift and bone grafting. I asked to be put out. I was crying from fear before the surgery, worried about getting sick from the anesthesia. They gave me some versed in my iv and everything was okay. I loved it, maybe too much. No anesthesia sickness and NO fear. I highly recommend it."

Anxmommy (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

For Light Sedation "I had a total knee replacement three weeks ago and Versed was used as an amnesia drug while they prepped me, etc. I barely remember anything for the next two and a half days, had short dreams, one in which I was painting and when I woke up, my hand was up and moving like I had a paint brush. I don't remember eating a thing in the hospital, to this day. My friends who visited told me I had chicken, etc., When my Mum and friend came to visit, we were watching television and I asked her who did she find to hang her big screen tv on the wall. She didn't, we were in the hospital. I called my best friend at 3am to ask her if she could come and get me at a friends house, I was in the hospital. I'll never have this drug used on me again, ever"

Mhami April 6, 2015

For Light Sedation "Used as a light sedation for cataract surgery. It was marginally effective during the first procedure and had almost no effect for the second procedure a week later."

guest3333333 December 10, 2014

For Light Anesthesia "I tried to tell the anesthesiologist that I have sleep spends, use oxygen @ nite, have 3 included. Major veins and am very sensitive to drugs. He wouldn't listen. Put me immediately out and my oxygen blood level went down to 51. Had I stayed at that level for 5 minutes I would have died. The hospital changed the grrecords. I was conguiding. gasping for air. eye Dr said I Jerked side to side violently. Lucky it was at a time in procedure that it didn't matter. Anes searched the sheets/ blankets for the meter and told eye Dr it had come off my finger."

yenta mia November 1, 2013

For Light Sedation "This was given to me through an IV before an ICD implant. It worked fast and in less than a minute I was totally relaxed and a little sleepy. I don't remember being wheeled into the OR or being put under. Really helped relieve all anxiety I had before surgery."

Heartpatient October 3, 2013

For Light Anesthesia "Have had administered for several medical and dental procedures. Wonderful; very effective; no side effects."

Mikebuzz (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2013

For Light Sedation "I was given Versed as a sedation for 3 colonoscopies. It is great. After the procedure I have no grogginess and it is fast acting and doesn't linger throughout the day. My last procedure I was given propofol. It was terrible. I was sick for 2 days. I will definitely have Versed used here on out as long as its available."

kbee July 11, 2012

"Had this for a wisdom teeth extraction. Apart from feeling a slight burning sensation when the needle was slid into my hand, it was great. Didn't feel or remember any part of the actual operation. Was very groggy, but I rested for a few hours at home afterwards and was fine by nightfall."

Veracity March 11, 2012

For Light Sedation "I was given Valium first and I took pain pills at home about 6 hours before the surgery-Norco was all I took. Then right before they wheeled me into the operating room (so they said), I got that versed IV, and a combination block which was administered via a teeny tiny wire inserted in the inner/upper thigh area-kept my leg NUMB completely for 4 days after that Total Knee replacement-and the VERSED left me with absolutely NO RECOLLECTION of what the surgeons did to my knee. FABULOUS! Severe pain when the nerve blocking wire was removed-morphine IV drip and additional shots via the IV port helped. "

fibromommy October 5, 2011

For Light Sedation "This works great when they listen to you and give you enough. "

Dinger1 March 16, 2011

For ICU Agitation "It helps with agitation and anxiety that I feel right after receiving treatment (ECT)."

Anonymous July 16, 2010

For Light Anesthesia "Great medication as a precursor to surgery.. Takes the edge off, and puts the patient in a great place."

Anonymous August 7, 2009