User Reviews for Loratadine

Also known as: Alavert, Allergy Relief Tablets, Bactimicina Allergy, Children's Claritin Allergy, Claritin, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Claritin Hives Relief, Claritin Reditabs, Clear-Atadine, Clear-Atadine Children's, Dimetapp Children's ND Non-Drowsy Allergy, Help I Have Allergies, Loratadine Reditab, ohm Allergy Relief, Tavist ND, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Loratadine.

Urticaria 5 reviews 192 medications

6.9
Hay Fever 27 reviews 894 medications

6.4
Summary of Loratadine reviews 32 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Loratadine

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them"

LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

For Hay Fever: "Best OTC antihistamine I've found for animal allergies. Take at least 5 hours before exposure. Not as good as Zyrtec, for me, for hay fever & other plant allergies."

troubleshooter December 24, 2014

Children's Claritin Allergy (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "My five year old son took Claritin chewables for approximately two weeks and had a sudden onset of facial tics ( eye blinking). His doctor attributed it to the Claritin and said it was a known side effect, especially with family history of tics. "

Xanmom June 25, 2014

For Hay Fever: "Loratadine worked wonders on my hayfever but it gave me unbelievable insomnia - I have never suffered insomnia before,"

Roger RedHat (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2014

For Hay Fever: "First of all I'm not and never have been a smoker. Have COPD due to chronic bronchitis, I developed asthma after 40. I've been taking this product for five yrs and the illness due to weather has decreased dramatically I had previously suffered from pneumonia due to worsening bronchitis at least twice a yr. I average once every three years now it is due to consistently taking this year round."

A Robinson May 5, 2014

For Hay Fever: "I have been taking this forever for seasonal and year around allergies. No side effects, no interactions that I know of. Every once in awhile when the pollen count gets very high I will also take one Benadryl. That knocks it all back to a comfortable level for days."

Ropeman (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2013

For Hay Fever: "It works."

susy q (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2013

Alavert (loratadine) for Urticaria: "I have been taking this medication for 10 years due to multiple allergies, I TAKE IT AT NIGHT AS IT CAN CAUSE DROWSINESS, ALTHOUGH PERSONALLY I HAVE NOT FOUND THIS TO BE A PROBLEM."

kazren (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2013

For Hay Fever: "Dry mouth."

Anonymous July 16, 2012

Children's Claritin Allergy (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "It works great for my son. It's convenient when we are camping. We don't have to go looking for a spoon, no measuring. He takes one and he feels better than when he takes two spoonfuls of the liquid and he's proud of himself cause he can get it for himself with supervision."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2012

Claritin 24 Hour Allergy (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "Clairitin is the only medicine that works for me. I have very high pollen counts in my area and have always suffered sinus infections. I started taking Claritin 24 about 10 days ago and I feel clear! Just bought a 30 day supply."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2012

For Urticaria: "I take one Loratadine per day for dermographism. It reduces itching substantially, but does not decrease the appearance of the rash. The effectiveness of one pill seems to last longer than 24 hours... typically I don't notice itching until about 36 hours after taking a pill."

Beeradlee January 25, 2012

For Hay Fever: "I took 1 tab a day for 2 weeks. Blood pressure was somewhat low for me and I take blood pressure medicines.I did have very dry eyes, so my contacts were giving me problems. I stopped tabs and about third day my eyes are not near as dry. Other than drying of the eyes tablets seem to work for my allergy."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

For Hay Fever: "I found this helpful in relieving the excess production of mucous and the resultant post-nasal drip which caused an irritating and continuous need to cough up phlegm. However I have not been using it for very long (3 weeks at 1 tablet per day taken in the morning) and twice have experienced light-headedness requiring me to hang onto something and to sit or lie down before I fall down. I normally have fairly low blood pressure but not sufficient to feel I am about to faint."

Aylesbury August 1, 2011

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "Helps for the first day, then symptoms return. Starting Zyrtec now."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

Children's Claritin Allergy (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "Claritin Children's Allergy 10 Chewable Tablet — I am a Buzz agent and recieved a sample of this to try. It say's children's but 2 pills has the same amount of Loratadine as 1 regular claritin. So, I decided ( since I have horrible allergies) I'd try it. It tastes great! It was also very fast acting. Withing 20 minutes my nose was clear. My throat isn't itchy at all. I know it says it's for kids, but I think I might start taking this. It makes taking a medication I have to take more enjoyable!"

MrsGold310 April 19, 2011

For Hay Fever: "It took about a week of daily doses for loratadine to start affecting my allergies, but after that, it was great. If I stop taking it, symptoms return after 2-3 days. This is not a short-term fix drug. Try it at daily for at least 2 weeks before you decide if it works for you."

Anonymous February 23, 2011

For Hay Fever: "For a year or two my daughter and I have been using the generic, non-drowsy, version of this medicine. We use it to treat allergies, both seasonal and year-round. It is not always one hundred percent effective for the worst attacks, but it is very often successful, and best of all, it does not cause drowsiness. This is very important to us. "

wallywetlake November 18, 2010

For Urticaria: "I have been using generic loratadine for two weeks for itching and burning due to sunlight and becoming overheated. It works well but I do feel somewhat drowsy and unmotivated. I am sleeping much better than I usually do and recalling many more dreams which are generally quite pleasant."

Anonymous August 8, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy."

Wendover June 14, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "Didn't do much for my allergies. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "I took Claritin on two occasions to alleviate stuffy head colds and runny nose. I took 2 pills, one each on successive days about a month apart, and a day after taking them experienced both times a bloody nose. I am an older adult and haven't had a bloody nose since I was a child."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "Slow to get going but lasts forever when activated."

billy killer August 24, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Hay Fever: "Claritin seems to help for the first 2-3 day, but loses all effectiveness for me beyond that. All symptoms return."

Anonymous June 6, 2009