Loratadine Oral SolutionPronunciation
Dosage Form: oral solution
Loratadine Oral Solution
Active Ingredients Purpose
(in each 5 mL)
Loratadine 5 mg Antihistamine
- relieves itching due to hives (urticaria). This product will not prevent hives or an allergic skin reaction from occurring.
WarningsSevere Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- trouble swallowing
- dizziness or loss of consciousness
- swelling of tongue
- swelling in or around mouth
- trouble speaking
- wheezing or problems breathing
Not a Substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for “anaphylaxis” or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
Do not use
- to prevent hives from any known cause such as:
- insects stings
- latex or rubber gloves
because this product will not stop hives from occurring. Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do not know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product (loratadine) or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
- hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blistered
- hives that do not itch
When using this product do not take more than directed. Taking more than directed may cause drowsiness.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Get medical help right away
- symptoms don’t improve after 3 days of treatment
- the hives have lasted more than 6 weeks
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|adults and children 6 years and over:
||2 teaspoonfuls daily; do not take more than 2 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours
|children under 6 years of age:
||ask a doctor
|consumers with liver or kidney disease:
||ask a doctor
- Safety sealed. Do not use if imprinted seal around cap is broken or missing
- Store at room temperature
citric acid, edetate disodium, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sugar, water.
To report adverse drug events call: 800-6162471
31778 Enterprise Drive,
Livonia, MI 48150 USA
Once Daily / Non-Drowsy*
Loratadine Oral Solution
5 mg per 5 mL
What you should know about:
Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief
Original Prescription Strength – 24 Hour Product
Relief of Itching Due to Hives
(Please read all of this information before taking Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief Product. Save this leaflet for future reference.)
What is Loratadine Oral Solution - Hives Relief product?
Loratadine Oral Solution - Hives Relief product contain loratadine, a non-drowsy *antihistamine.
|Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief
Original prescription strength medicine to relieve itching due to hives.
Hives are itchy raised red or pink bumps, blotches or streaky areas of various sizes on the surface of the skin. They can come and go.
Do not use this product if your hives look bruised, have an unusual color, or look blistered. These may be signs of a more serious problem. If you have these signs, ask a Doctor before taking Loratadine Oral Solution -Hives Relief product.
What can cause hives?
Many things, including food, drugs (medicines), insect stings, stress, exercise or temperature can cause hives. A doctor may be able to help you find the cause of your hives. When you know the cause, avoid it.
Do not use this product to prevent hives or allergic skin reactions known to be caused by food, insect stings, medicines, latex or rubber gloves, or any other causes. Many medicines can cause hives.
How long do hives last?
Hives can last from a few hours to a few weeks, and often come and go. See a doctor if your hives have lasted more than 6 weeks.
Are hives very serious?
Hives are very common and they are usually not serious. But in rare cases, they can be the first sign of a life threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. A sign that you have this serious reaction would be that you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- Dizziness or feeling faint
- Trouble swallowing
- Wheezing or problems breathing
- Trouble speaking
- Hives or swelling in or around the mouth
Can I use Loratadine Oral Solution -Hives Relief product instead of an epinephrine injection for my allergic reaction?
Never use Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product as a substitute for epinephrine.
If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for your severe allergic reactions, your doctor is concerned that your hives might lead to a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) or to asthma-like symptoms that could occur with your hives. Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product is not a substitute for epinephrine. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, carry it with you at all times.
Who can take Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief Product?
People who have hives (urticaria) and are 6 years of age or older can take Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product. (See label Directions for proper dose.)
Who should not take Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief Product?
- People who have ever had an allergic reaction to these products or any of their ingredients.
- People who are taking any other products containing loratadine
- People with liver or kidney disease unless directed by a doctor
- Children under the age of 6 years.
Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product should never be used to prevent hives or allergic skin reactions from any known cause. Such causes can include but are not limited to:
- Insect Stings
- Latex or rubber gloves.
When should you contact a doctor?
Contact a doctor before taking Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product if you have:
- Hives that have an unusual color or that look bruised or blistered
- Hives that have lasted longer than 6 weeks
Contact a doctor while taking Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief Product if you (or your child) have:
- A rash or itching that does not get better after taking Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product for 3 days
- Hives that keep coming back.
Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product can be taken during the entire time that you have itching due to hives (see Directions). Don’t forget, if the hives last longer than 6 weeks, contact your doctor.
How should Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product be taken?
- Adults and children 6 years and older should take 2 teaspoonfuls of Loratadine Oral Solution (10 mg) daily.
- Do not take more than one dose in 24 hour period.
- If you have liver or kidney disease, ask a doctor.
Wear loose clothing to help reduce irritation. Keeping the temperature cool can help with the itching.
Other important information:
- Allergy Alert: Do not use if you are allergic to loratadine, any of its ingredients, or other antihistamines.
- If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Spring Valley, NY 10977
Rev. May 2009
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals, Inc (191427277)|
|Registrant - Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc (161630033)|