User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, Glydo, Laryng-O-Jet Spray, ...show all 49 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Local Anesthesia 1 reviews 96 medications

5.9
Postherpetic Neuralgia 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Lidocaine reviews 70 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Lidocaine

For Pain: "I am a recovering addict who suffers from terrible back pain. Unfortunately, I am unable to take any scheduled pain medications because of my fear of relapse. My Dr suggested lidocaine patches by Endo Pharmaceuticals. I told him that I was willing to try anything because 1200 mg of ibuprofen was not touching the pain. I am so grateful for his suggestion. These patches have helped relieved my pain so much. I am able to sleep through the night and face my day pain free. Thank you Endo for making these patches. I was out of alternatives and had lost hope."

UT1982 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "I used lidoderm patches for many years and I relief my pain. It is horrible that medicare not allow to use it because I don't have shingles or diabetic! I wish to know who made that stupid decision or it is medicare doesn't want to pay for it."

ld261 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Local Anesthesia: "I sprayed it on the irritation which had hurt like a son of gun, and it immediately stopped hurting."

Codythehunter13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

Solarcaine Burn Relief (lidocaine) for Sunburn: "When you use it it may still hurt. For me, I put it on before bed and leave until morning. By the morning it is an improvement. Every time it has taken the sunburn off almost completely or fully complete."

SolarCaineReviewer April 19, 2016

For Pain: "Walgreens switched the brand and the ones from Actavis Inc are worthless. They don't work because they don't stay on long enough to work. Don't waste your money"

Middle3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The Watson patches work well and stick. The Mylan patches are garbage. They do not stick and deliver no relief."

Asull20266 April 16, 2016

For Pain: "My experience with Lidocaine has been so great, but only by one company; Watson! There is another brand of lidocaine: Mylan •doesn't work •won't stick to skin •Isn't flexible like other brand •It doesn't STAY stuck ONLY BUY IF THE LINDOCAINE IS BY: Watson"

Gentryholbrook April 9, 2016

For Pain: "Folks, as a previous manager for Rite Aid and CVS, as well as a customer who went thru a variety of pain patches varying in efficacy, I offer this info/advice: 1. Talk to your pharmacist! 2. Ask ahead of time which brand they currently have in stock, it can change from week to week. 3.availability also fluctuates store to store, plus, often times YOUR pharmacist CAN check the availability in another store from their computer 4.every pharmacy has 2 suppliers. The chains warehouse, (delivers 1x or 2x a week) plus a private company (daily delivery) and the pharmacist CAN order a specific generic brand from either of those, by using the NDC #"

riteaidmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy."

Shari M March 21, 2016

For Pain: "I have used the lidocaine patches by Watson for years for osteoporosis in my neck and back and they decreased my pain from a 10 to a 3. No narcotics needed. Now I have been given the lidocaine patch made by Milan and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. .WASTE OF MONEY.. USELESS. Not only are they nearly impossible to separate from the plastic backing once you finally get them on they start peeling up immediately. . These are a total waste of money and someone should do something about this because the Mylan company surely doesn't care. .. now I will need to take a pill to help with the pain..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2016

For Pain: "I have been using the brand name and Watson for sever back pain. Recently, some of mine were substituted with Mylan! Huge mistake... HORRIBLE THE WORST! They are cheating people out of money for an ineffective product! My grade: -100"

Ntrdame March 13, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

For Pain: "I was getting the Patch from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in Huntsville, Al. But for the last 2 months I have been getting than from Watson Laboratories in Salt Lake city, Utah. The ones from Watson are every thin and come off about 3 to 5 hours of me putting than on. And some time it take about 4 patches before one stays on. And the one from Qualitest only 1. I have call Watson with no help."

Grave Located (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "Received Mylan lidocaine patch 5% for maralthia parastetic thigh pain. This is my first experience with this brand. Total waste of money. The patches don't stick! If a patch won't stick even when sitting absolutely still, they are ineffective. I am returning them to my pharmacist tomorrow & will request a refund. I am requesting my dr write scripts for Endo or Watson. My patch barely hangs on as I get into bed (even while in holding it down) I get in a position and don't move. The minute I slightly move the patch begins peeling away. I wake up with a twisty curly sticky thing in the bed. The most infuriating thing to me is to read Mylan website. They made 3.3 billion dollars by June 2015 & these patches came out Aug 2015. RIP OFF!!"

Jeanne-Mylan rips you off (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

For Pain: "I'm in a battle over the switch to Mylan lidocaine 5% patches. I agree with everyone here--they don't work, they don't stick, and they're a cheaper version containing less medication (140mg vs. 700mg). The pharmacist tried to tell me the Mylan patch still delivers 50mg/gram of lidocaine. Yes, but it's a thinner patch, and therefore less effective. In fact, Mylan's own website states that "the patches are made of different materials containing a different amount of medication." For those of you who say that Watson no longer makes lidocaine patches, they have changed their name to Actavis. There is also another manufacturer, Qualitest. Both of these brands make a product similar to Lidoderm. Ask for these brands specifically!"

Complain to FDA about Mylan February 27, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain relief from other brands (WATSON), the MYLAN brand patches are the WORST, MOST INEFFECTIVE, waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff pinching the skin making it very uncomfortable and unsuitable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape around the edges which leaves the middle where the meds are still not sticking. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. Don't waste your time to call or write Mylan about their inferior product they will do nothing about it except "apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced"."

MYLAN WHAT A WASTE (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I have 5 Bulging Discs in 3 different areas, Degenerate Disc through out the spine, & Arthritis through out the spine. I also have Fibromyalgia. I also have shattered bones in my left hand & left foot. The Lidoderm Patch works well for the areas that are quite excruciating even after taking my regular medications. I also find I do not have to take quite as many pain medications when using the Lidoderm Patches. Thank U ever so kindly Kamneo"

Kamneo53 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I have non-union/unfused sternum from open heart surgery. This is one thing that really helps with the pain. Only bad thing is insurance will only pay for it if I have shingles. I only wish the FDA would do further studies so that those of us who need this patch can get our insurance to cover it. The insurance covered it until 2016."

Pierre's Partner (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Lidocaine 5% patch from Watson are great but found out they are not making them anymore. =( So, was given patches from Mylan They are stiff plus do not stick at all. They are a poor substitute."

suffering sciatica February 20, 2016

For Pain: "If I could give a lower rating I would. All the previous complaints listed here are totally correct these Mylan patches are NO GOOD, HORRIBLE, WORTHLESS, and a waste of money. I complained to the pharmacy which couldn't do anything they suggested I call the manufacturer Mylan which I did, at first they acted helpful saying they would call my pharmacy and see if they could adjust the brand for one that works, and would call me back they also gave me a case # (that's a red flag). No one from Mylan ever called back I called again and got a run around and a few days after I got a letter in the mail from Mylan basically saying they're product was sound and I should follow the directions on the box or watch the video(as if I hadn't already!)"

raven 2 February 19, 2016

For Hemorrhoids: "Have some flare ups of hemorrhoids , this stuff really works in minutes , a pea size amount smeared on the anus is all you need , no discomfort in minutes , it lasts for maybe an hour but hey , I'm good all day after that one amount."

Briefs February 18, 2016

RectiCare (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "Purchased Recti Care 5% Lidocaine cream, have tried on hemorrhoid pain several times. This stuff does not work. There was absolutely not one smidgen of difference in the pain. Plus this stuff is terrible expensive. WHAT A WASTE! I will keep it for bug bites, I guess. Hopefully it will work better on them."

Anonymous February 12, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "The MYLAN brand 5% is useless! Waste of money. It does not stick to fresh cleaned skin with rubbing alcohol first, it does not stay on to provide medicine even if taped on outside edges and it's plastic! Bad for skin. I'm going to change pharmacies to avoid using this,brand again or cough up cash for my reg. Brand. I would not depend on this. Seriously it does not stick for 2 mins."

Leah0u812 January 30, 2016

For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain and referred pain relief from other brands, the Mylan brand patches are a waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff and unsuitable for anything but a flat area, obviously they made the "adhesive" layer thin to cheap out on the amount of lidocaine and the difference in pain relief is immediately noticeable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. I'll have to get an exemption from the quantity limits to have another brand ordered. In the meantime, I hurt more than I should have to."

Foxfroggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016