User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Bactine, Derma Numb, Dermaflex, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, Glydo, Laryng-O-Jet Spray, LidaMantle, Lidocaine Viscous, Lidocream, ...show all 41 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Burns, External 1 reviews 108 medications

Pruritus 0 reviews 293 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sunburn 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lidocaine reviews 30 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Lidocaine

For Pain: "4 yrs of hydro every 4 hrs., I now can ride a bike! I can walk like a normal human being! My brain is back! My liver isn't being eaten by hydrocodone!"

JJWon! November 16, 2014

LMX 4 (lidocaine) for Anesthesia: "Used LMX4 to numb skin prior to blood draw. Did not work at all."

momfc (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Had horrible back pain, along with other opiates this product works wonderfully."

Vickie p August 10, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I've had numerous invasive spinal surgeries, sciatic nerve pain, as well as discomfort at the site of my neurostimulator implantation. The patches alleviate the discomfort in conjunction with a medication regime put in place by my pain management doctor that I follow to the letter allowing for less medication having to be taken while they're in use. I've had no side effects. Overall a very positive experience."

Twty (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I suffer from chronic lower back pain in the Lumbar, right above my cocix. I have been going through lower back pain for some years. I have severely ruptured my lower discs when I used to be a furniture delivery driver. I would move couches, lazy boys, 500lb dining tables, bedroom sets and more for 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I have tried medications such as Methadone, Morphine, and Vicodin. Some of them work, my thing is I do not like take narcotics but this patch is amazing. I put one on, in about 1 hours time I feel such a major relief. It takes a while to kick in but it works great. It takes my pain level from a 10.5 to a 5. Only downfall(s) adhesive is not that great and they are very expensive."

JasonNapolitano November 29, 2013

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "This worked quite well for acute severe shoulder rotater cuff pain but took a couple of hours to kick in. The weirdest thing though is I had a side effect where I saw yellow color on white walls. Also had a little trouble focusing eyes and was a little dizzy. Would go away when wore off and then same thing when tried again, so had to stop."

blueeye April 1, 2013

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I was in a car accident and suffered a 4th rib fracture, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th ribs were also injured and suffered pectus excavatum. The Lidoderm pain patches helped to decrease my pain level from a 10 to a 3. I can not ride in a car with out wearing these patches. I wear one in my subclavian area and two in my 6th and 7th thoracic area (total of 3). These patches really manage the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I've found the patches stay on my back better if I use rubbing alcohol to clean my skin, allowing it to airdry prior to applying the patch. My husband must help me apply them because they are hard to get on your upper back by yourself. Also it seems like my body gets used to them after a few weeks so I will take a break from using them for a few days. My biggest complaint is that they are so expensive. I must use 3 for them to be effective but I have a high deductible insurance plan so there are times I simply can not afford the patches."

Sapphirereflection (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "My doctor gave me a couple of these to try out before I filled a script for them (for shoulder and lower back pain). I cut them up because they are HUGE. Put ½ on my back and ½ on my shoulder the first night. I hadn't slept more than a couple of hours a night for the last week because of my back (that's with oxymorphone and oxycodone) and WOW, slept like a baby! Took my back pain from an 8 to a 3. I didn't even notice the patch was there. Now for my shoulder though, these things aren't very sticky and so the movement makes them come off in just a couple minutes. I taped it down, but it's kinda bubbling in the middle and I'm having a hard time keeping it in contact with my skin unless I'm holding my arm just so."

blueXS (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Bursitis in shoulder - had received numerous Injections over multi years - Dr suggested Surgery or try Lidocaine Patch - applied Patch over 120 days and then discontinued - it has been 2 years with no further pain - AMAZING."

h/b February 16, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I had shingles from my right index finger and thumb to the top of my head. I thought my arm would explode at times. Areas of skin on my arm and shoulder had terrible sensations. Lidoderm patches were a great help. I was taking 800 mg NSAIDS with no effect. Went to a pain management specialist who gave me 15 mg oxycodone every 4 hours, Lyrica, and these patches. Max 3 patches - 12 hours per day. The worst was over after two weeks. But the pain continues in my right hand - now 9 months. The Oxycodone at bedtime with a patch over the affected parts of my hand will let me sleep 6 hours most nights. The patch doesn't do it all, but it is a good assist. And it is not an NSAID."

Anonymous February 6, 2012

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine) for Pain: "Just diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma (cancer) of my lower lip. Waiting to undergo beam radiation therapy. Covers almost half my lip. Using Lidocaine Viscous prescribed by my Dr. to numb the intense pain he warned me I would have. He was So right. Allows me to sleep."

Electrojaxx January 25, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Anesthesia: "This comes in a patch and works wonders for pain. I have lower back pain and I cut a 1/2 patch and put it on. It lasts for 12 hours."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I use lidoderm patch for upper back pain spasums. The patch works well for this type of pain. I also found that the patch works wonderful for sex. Very seldom can I stick around long (about 30 min) enough for my wife to climax. However, using the patch about 1 hour before sex dulls the sensitivity, which allows me time for her to reach the big "0". Happy wife happy life!"

Anonymous October 24, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I use these patches on my neck due to nerve and muscle issues. They don't work as an anti-inflammatory. However, they do help with the main caused by my inflamed muscles. I sometimes get tingling in my face and hands and arms that get pretty severe, and these patches relieve most of the pain and/or numbness within 15 minutes. They do, unfortunately, seem to never want to stay on for more than an hour."

Anonymous October 7, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "These patches work great for my Neuropathy. I had great difficulty falling asleep at night due to pain; I put the patches on 1 hour before bed and the pain is greatly reduced. I too had a problem with the patches staying on, so I use some first aid gauze tape over the top of the patch. A small price to pay for some pain relief."

Anonymous September 16, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I have CHRONIC sacroiliac joint and coccyx pain that does not show up on MRI or X-ray and I've used this patch for a little over 1 month with NO side effects whatsoever. I do notice that it takes about 2 to 3 days to feel the "full effect" of the medication and I do notice the increase in pain if I skip a day. Maximum pain for me WITH the patch is about a 2 and that's great."

NJKat June 20, 2011

Xylocaine Jelly (lidocaine) for Burns, External: "This gel works great. I had a 3rd degree burn from a car accident on the inside of my left leg just below the knee cap. It started as a blister most likely (according to paramedics and firefighters) from the radiator hose coming through the fire wall and spewing my leg with hot steam, after a day or 2 in ICU I guess it apparently popped and turned into a 1 inch deep hole in my leg. Which fairly quickly became severely infected. I was scheduled to have the burn debrided and the doctor came in and covered the entire burn with this xylocaine gel. He returns approximately 20 mins later with some lidocaine to inject around and in the burn itself and I didn't feel a thing. Xylocaine did its job and did it well. Definitely use if you have the ability to choose."

Anonymous May 26, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I've been using the Lidoderm patches off and on for several years, but increasingly more over the past couple months. I have chronic neck pain, the result of a car accident, and a herniated disc in my neck (C5/6). I'm sick of taking narcotics and I've tried every form of physical therapy in the book, and while I feel the Lidoderm patches work, they won't stick on long enough for me to really get the maximum results, which is really frustrating. My rating would be much higher if the patches were more adhesive."

SickofRxs April 15, 2011

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "I live with cervical dystonia (torticolis) along with chronic back pain from lumbar fusions from 30 years ago. My discs have degenerated to a severe degree. I am loaded with arthritis all through my body, the worst area being my spine. The dystonia causes continuous head spasms and that causes ripping pain throughout my body. Along with a cocktail of numerous medicines, the Lidoderm patch has been a life saver. I can place it in a specified location and though it may not make all the pain go away, it definitely numbs the top surface levels giving great relief."

long time living in pain July 22, 2010

For Pain: "It doesn't get any better than this. It has stopped a barely visible blister from making to the surface. It is an obvious instant "kill" on a well formed blister because the fluid turns it to a blood blister and the healing is done in half the time. The only complaint is that I had to use a cotton swab and it took 12-24 hrs for obvious results. I have a blister now and I have searched high and low for some in my area. How is that no major chain can have this medicine in my area? "

matthewtoo March 21, 2010

Lidoderm (lidocaine) for Pain: "Very Effective for Lower Back Pain"

Anonymous December 1, 2009

Xylocaine Jelly (lidocaine) for Pain: "It's a good pain medication if you have genital herpes. I know they say to take Panadol but it's just not effective enough. This is much better."

cantusethisnickname September 21, 2009

LMX 5 (lidocaine) for Hemorrhoids: "This cream works within a few minutes for pain from hemorrhoids. It is easy to use, a smaller than pea-sized dot of it is plenty, and tends to burn slightly for a minute or less, then pain is gone. The only drawback is it's effect doesn't last more than a couple of hours and it says not to exceed six applications in a day. It is pricey but it can be purchased without a prescription at any pharmacy. I suggest ordering before you need it because it usually has to be ordered and the wait can be...painfully long. I bought it to use to prevent electrolysis pain but so glad I had it when I had a flare up."

Anonymous September 14, 2009

Medi-Quik Spray (lidocaine) for Pain: "Works for pain, but also antibacterial! AND a gentle spray! I absolutely love this product because I didn't get ANY reactions (like I did from all the others), I HEALED faster, and it DOES take away itching and pain like a charm. The other products didn't work NEARLY as well. I was disappointed that my local drug stores don't carry it, so I had to look it up and purchase online. I can't believe stores don't carry it. It's phenomenal product as far as I'm concerned, and since I'm so sensitive, my friends and family use me as a barometer. They love this stuff, too."

Cdin August 31, 2009