User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Bactine, CidalEaze, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, Glydo, Laryng-O-Jet Spray, ...show all 49 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Lidocaine Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1849 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Lidocaine to treat Pain

"Walgreens switched the brand and the ones from Actavis Inc are worthless. They don't work because they don't stay on long enough to work. Don't waste your money"

Middle3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I had been using lidocain 5% patch for years and they really do work. They allow me to move without the major pain I suffer from spinal injuries and major depression. Recently my insurance carrier sent me lidocaine patches manufactured my the Mylar company. These patches are a complete waste of money . The Mylar backing is inflexible and do not move with the body. They fall off within seconds. The edges curl as you put them on.. I do not take narcotics for pain management these were my only help to reduce the pain. Do not bother with the Mylar brand patches they are useless."

Kat# April 16, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Watson patches work well and stick. The Mylan patches are garbage. They do not stick and deliver no relief."

Asull20266 April 16, 2016

"My experience with Lidocaine has been so great, but only by one company; Watson! There is another brand of lidocaine: Mylan •doesn't work •won't stick to skin •Isn't flexible like other brand •It doesn't STAY stuck ONLY BUY IF THE LINDOCAINE IS BY: Watson"

Gentryholbrook April 9, 2016

"Folks, as a previous manager for Rite Aid and CVS, as well as a customer who went thru a variety of pain patches varying in efficacy, I offer this info/advice: 1. Talk to your pharmacist! 2. Ask ahead of time which brand they currently have in stock, it can change from week to week. 3.availability also fluctuates store to store, plus, often times YOUR pharmacist CAN check the availability in another store from their computer 4.every pharmacy has 2 suppliers. The chains warehouse, (delivers 1x or 2x a week) plus a private company (daily delivery) and the pharmacist CAN order a specific generic brand from either of those, by using the NDC #"

riteaidmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The lidocaine patches made by Endo and Watson are wonderful. The Mylan brand however is terrible. Mylan patches don't stick very well to skin, and bunch up and come off very quickly. Sweating also makes them come off. Mylan patches don't seem to work very well either, but that may have to do with the fact that they are so hard to keep on. They do however stick quite nicely to my clothes. Every time I tried to keep one on my hip, it quickly bunched up and stuck fast to my nylon underpants and ruined them. CVS & Rite Aid switched to Mylan generic brand (in my area), forcing me to transfer my prescription to Walgreens. Call around to find pharmacies that still carry other brands, and write letters to inform your pharmacy."

Shari M March 21, 2016

"I have used the lidocaine patches by Watson for years for osteoporosis in my neck and back and they decreased my pain from a 10 to a 3. No narcotics needed. Now I have been given the lidocaine patch made by Milan and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. .WASTE OF MONEY.. USELESS. Not only are they nearly impossible to separate from the plastic backing once you finally get them on they start peeling up immediately. . These are a total waste of money and someone should do something about this because the Mylan company surely doesn't care. .. now I will need to take a pill to help with the pain..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2016

"I have been using the brand name and Watson for sever back pain. Recently, some of mine were substituted with Mylan! Huge mistake... HORRIBLE THE WORST! They are cheating people out of money for an ineffective product! My grade: -100"

Ntrdame March 13, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Like the many others that have written responses, I have been using Lidoderm patches for many years. I began with the Brand Name and then CVS switched to the generic by ENDO. If you can find this generic it works just like the original. But recently they switched to the newly developed generic by Mylan. Do not waste your money. They are highly ineffective. Difficult to separate from the plastic and very stiff un-maleable. Once applied the stiffness causes them to lift up, beginning with the corners and pretty soon the whole patch releases. Obviously the adhesive doesn't work either. I can't get them to stay on long enough to see if they even work - no where the recommended 12 hours which I have had no problem with on others!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

"I was getting the Patch from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in Huntsville, Al. But for the last 2 months I have been getting than from Watson Laboratories in Salt Lake city, Utah. The ones from Watson are every thin and come off about 3 to 5 hours of me putting than on. And some time it take about 4 patches before one stays on. And the one from Qualitest only 1. I have call Watson with no help."

Grave Located (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

"I'm in a battle over the switch to Mylan lidocaine 5% patches. I agree with everyone here--they don't work, they don't stick, and they're a cheaper version containing less medication (140mg vs. 700mg). The pharmacist tried to tell me the Mylan patch still delivers 50mg/gram of lidocaine. Yes, but it's a thinner patch, and therefore less effective. In fact, Mylan's own website states that "the patches are made of different materials containing a different amount of medication." For those of you who say that Watson no longer makes lidocaine patches, they have changed their name to Actavis. There is also another manufacturer, Qualitest. Both of these brands make a product similar to Lidoderm. Ask for these brands specifically!"

Complain to FDA about Mylan February 27, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "For Pain: "While I've gotten very helpful joint pain relief from other brands (WATSON), the MYLAN brand patches are the WORST, MOST INEFFECTIVE, waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff pinching the skin making it very uncomfortable and unsuitable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape around the edges which leaves the middle where the meds are still not sticking. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. Don't waste your time to call or write Mylan about their inferior product they will do nothing about it except "apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced"."

MYLAN WHAT A WASTE (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have 5 Bulging Discs in 3 different areas, Degenerate Disc through out the spine, & Arthritis through out the spine. I also have Fibromyalgia. I also have shattered bones in my left hand & left foot. The Lidoderm Patch works well for the areas that are quite excruciating even after taking my regular medications. I also find I do not have to take quite as many pain medications when using the Lidoderm Patches. Thank U ever so kindly Kamneo"

Kamneo53 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have non-union/unfused sternum from open heart surgery. This is one thing that really helps with the pain. Only bad thing is insurance will only pay for it if I have shingles. I only wish the FDA would do further studies so that those of us who need this patch can get our insurance to cover it. The insurance covered it until 2016."

Pierre's Partner (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Lidocaine 5% patch from Watson are great but found out they are not making them anymore. =( So, was given patches from Mylan They are stiff plus do not stick at all. They are a poor substitute."

suffering sciatica February 20, 2016

"If I could give a lower rating I would. All the previous complaints listed here are totally correct these Mylan patches are NO GOOD, HORRIBLE, WORTHLESS, and a waste of money. I complained to the pharmacy which couldn't do anything they suggested I call the manufacturer Mylan which I did, at first they acted helpful saying they would call my pharmacy and see if they could adjust the brand for one that works, and would call me back they also gave me a case # (that's a red flag). No one from Mylan ever called back I called again and got a run around and a few days after I got a letter in the mail from Mylan basically saying they're product was sound and I should follow the directions on the box or watch the video(as if I hadn't already!)"

raven 2 February 19, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The MYLAN brand 5% is useless! Waste of money. It does not stick to fresh cleaned skin with rubbing alcohol first, it does not stay on to provide medicine even if taped on outside edges and it's plastic! Bad for skin. I'm going to change pharmacies to avoid using this,brand again or cough up cash for my reg. Brand. I would not depend on this. Seriously it does not stick for 2 mins."

Leah0u812 January 30, 2016

"While I've gotten very helpful joint pain and referred pain relief from other brands, the Mylan brand patches are a waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff and unsuitable for anything but a flat area, obviously they made the "adhesive" layer thin to cheap out on the amount of lidocaine and the difference in pain relief is immediately noticeable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. I'll have to get an exemption from the quantity limits to have another brand ordered. In the meantime, I hurt more than I should have to."

Foxfroggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have been using the generic lidocaine patches for years, with great results. My pharmacy, which I have to use because of my insurance, switched to generic patches from Mylan. These new patches are HORRIBLE!!! They are stiff and do NOT stick at all! I am stuck with a 6 month supply of patches that DON'T work. I've spent over an hour with various people at the pharmacy! And they all say it's not their problem. Great. Just great."

Another victim of bad meds (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've used other forms of this patch which works like a miracle pain remedy and would find pain relief instead of taking opioids which weren't working anyway. However, to my misfortune they do not make any other patch that I'm aware of anymore aside for these Mylan Lidoderm patches and THESE DO NOT STICK TO THE SKIN! I've tried everything to make the patches stick from putting tape (which I'm shouldn't have to do), to rubbing it on. These patches need to be re-made to stick!! PLEASE...PLEASE...the OTHER ONES .. HELPED WITH MY PAIN from a 10 to a 3 with the one's that stick!! For me that's great, I'm happy!!"

mecastenon.mailfresnostate.ed (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Mylan patches do not stick as well as the Qualitest ones, which work great. Pharmacist tried to give me the Mylan as substitute, said to use a bandaid to hold them on...been on the Qualitest ones for several years."

Chuck it January 13, 2016

"I have used Lidocaine patches for years they work really well on my back pain. That is until my pharmacist changed brands and I received Mylan brand of lidocaine patch 5%. This brand is a waste of money. They do not stay on at all. When you finally peel it off (which is very difficult) the backing and press it to your skin immediately the patch begins peeling up. If you to get the patch on you have to take first aid tape and place it on the patch or otherwise it falls off. This company needs to know that their product is all most useless."

Paula in Ala. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2016

"Milan brand lidocaine patches are a waste of time. They will not stay on. At all. Not even for a few minutes. They don't stretch. At all. They are super thin but sticks to itself and are completely ineffective. The two other manufacturers of Lidocaine patches have done well. Milan put a terrible waste of a product on the market. Obviously not field tested. If they were able to have even one patch stay on someone 12 hours I would be shocked. That person would have to be in a coma. These are expensive and once the box of 30 has been broken open, that's it. Those of us who get a 3-month supply have a lot of work to do if we want to exchange it. My pharmacist did easily."

MA Gal December 22, 2015

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Mylan Lidocaine 5% Patches are horrible... not only do they not help with the pain, but they are very stiff once you put it on and when you try to take it off it rips the hair out of your back! It horrible will never use another one again!!!"

Laura 417 December 4, 2015

"I have been using Lidocaine patch by another pharmaceutical company and I must say your product is inferior to the other patch. It is very hard to put on and does not stick. I use it for only 4 hours and it starts to roll off. Sorry to say this but you need to go back to the drawing board and make this better."

Bobbiegold November 27, 2015