User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine, AneCream, AneCream with Tegaderm, Anestacon, Anestafoam, Apicaine-X, Bactine, Derma Numb, DermacinRx Lidotral´╗┐, Dermaflex, Ela-Max, Ela-Max 5, Glydo, Laryng-O-Jet Spray, LidaMantle, ...show all 47 brand names

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Lidocaine Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Lidocaine to treat Pain

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The MYLAN brand 5% is useless! Waste of money. It does not stick to fresh cleaned skin with rubbing alcohol first, it does not stay on to provide medicine even if taped on outside edges and it's plastic! Bad for skin. I'm going to change pharmacies to avoid using this,brand again or cough up cash for my reg. Brand. I would not depend on this. Seriously it does not stick for 2 mins."

Leah0u812 January 30, 2016

"While I've gotten very helpful joint pain and referred pain relief from other brands, the Mylan brand patches are a waste of time and money. The backing is thin but stiff and unsuitable for anything but a flat area, obviously they made the "adhesive" layer thin to cheap out on the amount of lidocaine and the difference in pain relief is immediately noticeable. And then they won't stick. The web site, but not the box, says to press on the patch for better stick, but then pretty much admits you will need tape. I only am out a small copay but my insurer spent over $200 a box on this garbage. I'll have to get an exemption from the quantity limits to have another brand ordered. In the meantime, I hurt more than I should have to."

Foxfroggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have been using the generic lidocaine patches for years, with great results. My pharmacy, which I have to use because of my insurance, switched to generic patches from Mylan. These new patches are HORRIBLE!!! They are stiff and do NOT stick at all! I am stuck with a 6 month supply of patches that DON'T work. I've spent over an hour with various people at the pharmacy! And they all say it's not their problem. Great. Just great."

Another victim of bad meds (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've used other forms of this patch which works like a miracle pain remedy and would find pain relief instead of taking opioids which weren't working anyway. However, to my misfortune they do not make any other patch that I'm aware of anymore aside for these Mylan Lidoderm patches and THESE DO NOT STICK TO THE SKIN! I've tried everything to make the patches stick from putting tape (which I'm shouldn't have to do), to rubbing it on. These patches need to be re-made to stick!! PLEASE...PLEASE...the OTHER ONES .. HELPED WITH MY PAIN from a 10 to a 3 with the one's that stick!! For me that's great, I'm happy!!"

mecastenon.mailfresnostate.ed (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2016

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Mylan patches do not stick as well as the Qualitest ones, which work great. Pharmacist tried to give me the Mylan as substitute, said to use a bandaid to hold them on...been on the Qualitest ones for several years."

Chuck it January 13, 2016

"I have used Lidocaine patches for years they work really well on my back pain. That is until my pharmacist changed brands and I received Mylan brand of lidocaine patch 5%. This brand is a waste of money. They do not stay on at all. When you finally peel it off (which is very difficult) the backing and press it to your skin immediately the patch begins peeling up. If you to get the patch on you have to take first aid tape and place it on the patch or otherwise it falls off. This company needs to know that their product is all most useless."

Paula in Ala. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2016

"Milan brand lidocaine patches are a waste of time. They will not stay on. At all. Not even for a few minutes. They don't stretch. At all. They are super thin but sticks to itself and are completely ineffective. The two other manufacturers of Lidocaine patches have done well. Milan put a terrible waste of a product on the market. Obviously not field tested. If they were able to have even one patch stay on someone 12 hours I would be shocked. That person would have to be in a coma. These are expensive and once the box of 30 has been broken open, that's it. Those of us who get a 3-month supply have a lot of work to do if we want to exchange it. My pharmacist did easily."

MA Gal December 22, 2015

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The Mylan Lidocaine 5% Patches are horrible... not only do they not help with the pain, but they are very stiff once you put it on and when you try to take it off it rips the hair out of your back! It horrible will never use another one again!!!"

Laura 417 December 4, 2015

"I have been using Lidocaine patch by another pharmaceutical company and I must say your product is inferior to the other patch. It is very hard to put on and does not stick. I use it for only 4 hours and it starts to roll off. Sorry to say this but you need to go back to the drawing board and make this better."

Bobbiegold November 27, 2015

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "The new lidoderm patches from Mylan are not effective because they do not stay on, and they do not let my skin underneath breathe.and they want to stick to themselves which make them ineffective. I will not use them ever again. The Qualitest lidoderm patches work wonderfully. The Mylan do not work in all fields. It needs alot of work."

Peekay222 November 17, 2015

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine): "I have chronic bursitis and these patches are the only thing that helps. They help numb the pain so I can walk. Thank you!! But now my insurance won't pay for it. What can I do?? It cost hundreds of dollars a box. Please help !!!!"

Beachtoes October 25, 2015

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I have several pain related medical issues including fibromyalgia, arthiritis in various joints and spine, and Ankylosing Spondylitis. I experience severe lower back pain when laying down or with physical activity that involves standing for even short periods of time or bending over. etc. I am treated with two types of opiods for pain. However, despite using these strong medications my back, hip, and pelvic pain exceeds the threshold of my opiod treatment schedule. As a result, I generally use the Lidoderm patches on my back/pelvic and hips. All I can say is they are fabulous . I've used these for several years now. I can put on the patch(es) for 12 hours of any 24 period. I can use between 1-3 patches as needed."

Sylwis (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2015

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I started using these about 10 years ago for pain in my foot from a torn tendon. Now I am using for severe low back pain. This really works. It sticks fine as long as you smooth it on. You can tape it on as well. Also these patches can be cut to use in various places and to save money. I highly recommend"

Dee1956 July 3, 2015

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine): "Was prescribed to me for a tooth abscess in my lower left molar, severe swelling (left side of mouth, cheek, jaw and my throat) and for pain in my left tonsil...which hurt so much that I couldn't eat, barely drink, actually I just couldn't swallow anything PERIOD! By getting this solution...I am now able to swallow a little better and although my molar is still in ALOT of pain...it is now actually stand-able to some degree; which I know it wouldn't be if I didn't have this to take. Negatives: 1) Tastes really gross but worth it for the relief. 2) Hard to keep it in your mouth, w/o it oozing out (large dose/small mouth, I guess) 3) VERY thick! I use a dosing syringe to get all of the med especially to a specific place in my mouth."

KLThompson June 18, 2015

"4 yrs of hydro every 4 hrs., I now can ride a bike! I can walk like a normal human being! My brain is back! My liver isn't being eaten by hydrocodone!"

JJWon! November 16, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Had horrible back pain, along with other opiates this product works wonderfully."

Vickie p August 10, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've had numerous invasive spinal surgeries, sciatic nerve pain, as well as discomfort at the site of my neurostimulator implantation. The patches alleviate the discomfort in conjunction with a medication regime put in place by my pain management doctor that I follow to the letter allowing for less medication having to be taken while they're in use. I've had no side effects. Overall a very positive experience."

Twty (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2014

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I suffer from chronic lower back pain in the Lumbar, right above my cocix. I have been going through lower back pain for some years. I have severely ruptured my lower discs when I used to be a furniture delivery driver. I would move couches, lazy boys, 500lb dining tables, bedroom sets and more for 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, I have tried medications such as Methadone, Morphine, and Vicodin. Some of them work, my thing is I do not like take narcotics but this patch is amazing. I put one on, in about 1 hours time I feel such a major relief. It takes a while to kick in but it works great. It takes my pain level from a 10.5 to a 5. Only downfall(s) adhesive is not that great and they are very expensive."

JasonNapolitano November 29, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "This worked quite well for acute severe shoulder rotater cuff pain but took a couple of hours to kick in. The weirdest thing though is I had a side effect where I saw yellow color on white walls. Also had a little trouble focusing eyes and was a little dizzy. Would go away when wore off and then same thing when tried again, so had to stop."

blueeye April 1, 2013

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I was in a car accident and suffered a 4th rib fracture, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th ribs were also injured and suffered pectus excavatum. The Lidoderm pain patches helped to decrease my pain level from a 10 to a 3. I can not ride in a car with out wearing these patches. I wear one in my subclavian area and two in my 6th and 7th thoracic area (total of 3). These patches really manage the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I've found the patches stay on my back better if I use rubbing alcohol to clean my skin, allowing it to airdry prior to applying the patch. My husband must help me apply them because they are hard to get on your upper back by yourself. Also it seems like my body gets used to them after a few weeks so I will take a break from using them for a few days. My biggest complaint is that they are so expensive. I must use 3 for them to be effective but I have a high deductible insurance plan so there are times I simply can not afford the patches."

Sapphirereflection (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "My doctor gave me a couple of these to try out before I filled a script for them (for shoulder and lower back pain). I cut them up because they are HUGE. Put ½ on my back and ½ on my shoulder the first night. I hadn't slept more than a couple of hours a night for the last week because of my back (that's with oxymorphone and oxycodone) and WOW, slept like a baby! Took my back pain from an 8 to a 3. I didn't even notice the patch was there. Now for my shoulder though, these things aren't very sticky and so the movement makes them come off in just a couple minutes. I taped it down, but it's kinda bubbling in the middle and I'm having a hard time keeping it in contact with my skin unless I'm holding my arm just so."

blueXS (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "Bursitis in shoulder - had received numerous Injections over multi years - Dr suggested Surgery or try Lidocaine Patch - applied Patch over 120 days and then discontinued - it has been 2 years with no further pain - AMAZING."

h/b February 16, 2012

Lidocaine Viscous (lidocaine): "Just diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma (cancer) of my lower lip. Waiting to undergo beam radiation therapy. Covers almost half my lip. Using Lidocaine Viscous prescribed by my Dr. to numb the intense pain he warned me I would have. He was So right. Allows me to sleep."

Electrojaxx January 25, 2012

Lidoderm (lidocaine): "I use lidoderm patch for upper back pain spasums. The patch works well for this type of pain. I also found that the patch works wonderful for sex. Very seldom can I stick around long (about 30 min) enough for my wife to climax. However, using the patch about 1 hour before sex dulls the sensitivity, which allows me time for her to reach the big "0". Happy wife happy life!"

Anonymous October 24, 2011