User Reviews for Letrozole

Also known as: Femara

Learn more about Letrozole.

Letrozole Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Letrozole to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

"After a modified radical mastectomy for stage 3 breast cancer, I took letrozole for 5 years and my tumor marker test (CA 15-3) remained low. My oncologist and I decided that without any indication of malignancy I could safely go off the letrozole. After 2 years off it my (CA 15-3) blood test shot up and I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer on my chest wall. I resumed taking letrozole and had 36 radiation treatments. I have taken letrozole for 7 months now and my most current CT scan showed the lesion was gone. I know the radiation destroyed most of the lesion but I'm sure the letrozole helped a lot with the rest. I probably will take letrozole for the rest of my life."

Bananafaced (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2015

Femara (letrozole): "Breast Cancer in 1999 Stage 1 Distant recurrence lung tumor in 2012. Given Femara (letrozole). After two months tumor shrunk. Almost 3 years now on letrozole. No side effects and no evidence of disease."

marie I. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2015

"Hi, I'm a new member, I had breast cancer at the start of 2013, it had spread to my liver, bone and spine, I had radiotherapy on my spine which worked well, I was then put on letrozole, within 6 months, the scan results showed that all the tumors were shrinking, I had awful hot flushes but coped with them, in April 2014 my scan was clear and was pain free and this was just by taking letrozole, I called it my wonder pill. However, the last few weeks the muscle pain in my legs have started, I went to the health shop and got some Musseltone gel, yes I have spelt it right as it's made from mussels from the sea, it's great, I rub it on a few times a day and before I get out of bed in a morning. For me, Letrozole was my miracle cure."

jessandjodie (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2015

Femara (letrozole): "Femara for 18 months no side effects for first 6 months, then joint and muscle pain, physical fatigue, bone density loss. Will continue for as long as it works, at the moment looking clear, I want to live."

ramade June 5, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole): "I've been taking Femara since the breast cancer was discovered in my lung - that has been 10 years this year. Two types of chemo failed to knock it out and as I was preparing for radiation, I started taking Femara. Within a month the tumor began to shrink and all that is left is scarring where it once was. I am so grateful to my doctor for recommending it to me. My other oncologist didn't even mention it. Needless to say I'm happy to be alive and enjoying life."

Anonymous May 9, 2012

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole): "After a year on Femara I am beginning to experience severe hair loss, bald patches on top of my head and the hair is turning thin and brittle. Insomnia for the last 2 months, pain in my joints, I was diagnosed with Glaucoma and am very forgetful, i.e. find it defficult to concentrate. But, if Femara stops the recurrence of cancer, I'll keep taking it. If it just were not for the hair loss. "

MVR March 3, 2012

Femara (letrozole): "Had to get off of this. I still work and could not get past the "brain fog" and severe joint pain."

jkique November 30, 2010

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole): "After 7 years of several different medicines to try to stop the growth of the tumors, Femara is the only one which worked for me. My WBC is higher, the tumor has actually shrunk in the breast - but being realistic, it's not a cure-all, a patch for a longer life but eventually we all expire. I highly recommend this product for those who want longevity without losing your quality of life."

Still Here May 23, 2010

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole): "I have been using Femara for 8 months, and I have been having very few side effects. I get the hot flashes only once in a while now. I do have some joint pain, but that has been easy to tolerate, if that means I will have a longer life, but only GOD knows that. There is always hope, just keep the faith and have no doubt in the medicine, doctors and mostly GOD."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Metastatic