User Reviews for Letrozole

Also known as: Femara

Learn more about Letrozole.

Letrozole review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Letrozole to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

Review by ramade: User Rating:

Femara (letrozole): Femara for 18 months no side effects for first 6 months, then joint and muscle pain, physical fatigue, bone density loss. Will continue for as long as it works, at the moment looking clear, I want to live.

June 5, 2013 12:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Femara (letrozole): I've been taking Femara since the breast cancer was discovered in my lung - that has been 10 years this year. Two types of chemo failed to knock it out and as I was preparing for radiation, I started taking Femara. Within a month the tumor began to shrink and all that is left is scarring where it once was. I am so grateful to my doctor for recommending it to me. My other oncologist didn't even mention it. Needless to say I'm happy to be alive and enjoying life.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 9, 2012 2:37 PM
Review by MVR: User Rating:

Femara (letrozole): After a year on Femara I am beginning to experience severe hair loss, bald patches on top of my head and the hair is turning thin and brittle. Insomnia for the last 2 months, pain in my joints, I was diagnosed with Glaucoma and am very forgetful, i.e. find it defficult to concentrate. But, if Femara stops the recurrence of cancer, I'll keep taking it. If it just were not for the hair loss.

March 3, 2012 1:39 PM
Review by jkique: User Rating:

Femara (letrozole): Had to get off of this. I still work and could not get past the "brain fog" and severe joint pain.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 30, 2010 4:14 PM
Review by Still Here: User Rating:

Femara (letrozole): After 7 years of several different medicines to try to stop the growth of the tumors, Femara is the only one which worked for me. My WBC is higher, the tumor has actually shrunk in the breast - but being realistic, it's not a cure-all, a patch for a longer life but eventually we all expire. I highly recommend this product for those who want longevity without losing your quality of life.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 23, 2010 10:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Femara (letrozole): I have been using Femara for 8 months, and I have been having very few side effects. I get the hot flashes only once in a while now. I do have some joint pain, but that has been easy to tolerate, if that means I will have a longer life, but only GOD knows that. There is always hope, just keep the faith and have no doubt in the medicine, doctors and mostly GOD.

July 14, 2009 1:55 PM

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here