User Reviews for Herceptin

Learn more about Herceptin.

Breast Cancer, Metastatic 1 reviews 34 medications

Gastric Cancer 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Herceptin reviews 3 reviews 9.8

Reviews for Herceptin

Review by LuCinda1961 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: Herceptin is a life saver for those of us that are HER2 . I took it every 3 weeks for 52 weeks.You will need a TET done on your heart before you start and Benadryl before infusion but I had no side effects. I did take it with Taxol for 12 weeks. Life saver!

January 22, 2013 12:52 AM

Review by itsme1972:

For Breast Cancer: I did 7 months of treatment then my Oncologist had to take me off due to Congestive Heart Failure. I personally don't think Herceptin contributed to it at all but was told it was the combo of it and Adryamyacin. It was pretty bad, my ejection fraction was down to 28. I was so short of breath that just walking to the bathroom was a real effort. The fatigue was the mind numbing kind that just turning over in bed felt like I had ran a race. As for side effects for the Herceptin, I had frequent nose bleeds, mild nausea and occasional headaches. I would have gladly endured any side effects for the benefits of this life-saving drug. I am so thankful to Dr Slamon for all the work he did and to Genetech. I am a 4 year survivor so I think that says it all.

January 24, 2010 10:51 PM

Review by Jetmom:

For Salivary Gland Cancer: My husband has been on Herceptin for his salivary gland cancer for 2 years. The fight to keep him on it has been harrowing as it is only formally approved for breast cancer. I truly believe it saved his life. He tested HER-2/neu positive (3) which is normally located in the breast. Dr. Posner (Dana Farber in Boston) recommended a course of treatment that included Herceptin. His Petscans have now been clear and treatment can stop at the end of August. More needs to be done to allow life saving treatment.

June 30, 2009 1:47 PM