User Reviews for Xeloda

Stomach Cancer 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Xeloda reviews 7 reviews 9.6

Reviews for Xeloda

Review by Jim (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Colorectal Cancer: Found out I had colon cancer and thought that was the end of me. Xeloda was very easy to take, twice daily for two weeks. One week off with testing. A small amount of tenderness in the mouth was the only problem, and that was minor. Only noticed it when I decided to try one of my diet favorites which is hot sauce.

May 2, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by Lidya (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Breast Cancer: Good

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2012 5:21 PM

For Colorectal Cancer: I have been on Xeloda since October 2011 and haven't had any of the side effects listed. I have been able to maintain my appetite and haven't lost my hair. Actually, my hair has thinned just a little, gained a little bit more body and is getting lighter. This has been a very positive experience as far as chemo goes. I definitely will do Xeloda again (If I have to). There is a questionable mass on my lung...surgeon says cancer....oncologist no sure...and it is shrinking. I'm unsure if it is related to the combination medication I was on or Xeloda. I will hopefully determine that with this cycle of Xeloda on its own.

February 4, 2012 12:29 PM

Review by vange:

For Colorectal Cancer: My father was diagnosed with stage four colo-rectal cancer one year ago. I'm thankful for Xeloda it has worked in shrinking the tumor on his colon, he has not lost hair, does not vomit or have constant diarrhea, is eating well and can still taste flavors of the food he eats, I thank the God for this. But he does have other symptoms like pain and peeling on his hands and feet, blackness on his hands and bottom of his feet. I do notice he has chills, feels week and disoriented at times, body aches and his hearing is not as good as it was before.

November 18, 2011 4:56 PM

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: I have advanced breast cancer in treatment. Xeloda has been better than being stuck in the chemo suite at my oncologist's office all the time. I just take the pills and they are pretty easy to take, compared to the infusions. Now I just have to go once a month to get my Taxotere. My nurse also has me putting lots of lotion on my hands and feet to prevent side effects, so far my hands are just dry sometimes. The best part is my hair is coming back. If I'd known this drug was available earlier, I'd have asked for it.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2009 2:15 PM

Review by Oose:

For Colorectal Cancer: This drug saved my life. It eradicated my tumor and made it possible for me to have a much less extensive surgery than anticipated. I had very few side effects and the ones I did have were easily managed with medicine.

October 25, 2008 4:33 PM

For Colorectal Cancer: I had little to no side effects. It elimanated one tumor and slowed the grouth of the other.

March 27, 2008 8:02 PM