User Reviews for Arimidex

Learn more about Arimidex.

Breast Cancer 28 reviews 54 medications

6.3
Breast Cancer, Metastatic 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
McCune-Albright Syndrome 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pubertal Gynecomastia 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Arimidex reviews 28 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Arimidex

Review by Sugarbee333333 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Breast Cancer: Taking this after care of breast cancer! Hasn't caused any problems at all and almost done taking it! Evidently it's great in the help of my breast cancer.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by WV lady:

For Breast Cancer: I've been on Arimidex for 10 weeks. Although I had arthritis prior to taking Arimidex, my joint discomfort has increased substantially and now I find that my joints (especially my hands and hips) are swollen and always painful. My fingernails have thinned and continually split and tear off, often below the quick (ouch!). I'm also disheartened to notice that my eyebrows and eyelashes, which had just grown back after my last chemo session, have started to either break or fall out again. Bone and muscle pain are always with me now.

April 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Review by Frenchgirl52 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Breast Cancer: I took Arimidex for 5 years and only recently stopped. I had quite a few side effects, however, the joint pain and stiffness was the hardest. I heard about something called Ubiquinol, which is apparently something that is naturally produced in your body, but slows down quite a bit as you age. I've been taking it daily now for a few months and I have to say, the stiffness and joint pain has mostly subsided. I say mostly because I forget to take it some days. I'm trying to get better about taking it daily with a multivitamin. It's kind of expensive but it's way cheaper and better than any of the medicine alternatives I was offered by my doctors. I don't like taking medicine for every little thing. Plus there's a hundred side effects to worry about.

March 5, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by Lealmck (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Breast Cancer: I took it for 5 yrs. and 2 months. I cannot say if the changes were from chemo or from Arimidex. Changes in taste and smell persist. Frontal headache, blurred vision, cough, calcium loss - osteopenia. Stiff joints, long bone pain, sciatica pain of right leg, fatigue, wicked insomnia, hot flushes & flashes. Neuropathy in hands and feet, specially balls of feet and very sensitive tips of toes. Very dry skin, aged face, hair is very thin and breaking easily. Never got back full eyebrows, very SAD! I loved my eyebrows.

February 26, 2014 4:15 PM

Review by Jacklink (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Breast Cancer: I've been on Arimidex for 4 years. Side effects are insomnia, joint pain, painful sex or no interest in sex, forgetfulness, anxiety and depression. One year to go and hopefully I will not have to take it. Maybe still on it because of a family history of breast cancer.

October 5, 2013 8:30 PM

Review by sissyy:

For Breast Cancer: Took tamoxifen 9 months. Extreme bruising. Switched to Arimidex. After 4 weeks, extreme pain in hand. Next severe headaches. Each month brought increased pain in thumbs, hand, feet, long leg bones. Joints hurt, wrists weaken every month. After 10 months became depressed and had insomnia. Finally, had enough and stopped. Within, 2 weeks long bone pain went away. I still have some knee pain, trigger finger, and wrist weakness and its been 3 months. Doctor switching to Aromasin next month.

June 19, 2013 12:10 AM

Review by Roxanne&Philo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Breast Cancer: I started taking the medication in March 2013 after chemo on the fall of 2012 and then radiation in Jan-Feb of 2013. I am experiencing joint and muscle pain. But as a migraine sufferer, it's a walk in the park. Whatever works to cure this cancer, I'm up for everything and anything.

June 7, 2013 1:43 PM

Review by annie K:

For Breast Cancer: Been taking Arimidex for nearly 6 years now. Side effects for me are joint & bone pain, weird feeling in my chest that wakes me up. Weight gain, hair thinning & occasional hot flushes. I take calcium tabs and alendronic acid for my bones. Apart from that I'm grateful to be alive.

May 30, 2013 9:44 AM

Review by Oregon 2013:

For Breast Cancer: I have had the hot flashes, and the weight gain. Not much of the other side effects so far. Not willing to keep gaining the weight, talked to my oncologist but he says the weight gain is not from the Arimidex. I know better, I have always been very very careful with my weight and going on this medication is the only time I have had the weight gain. I stopped it for 5 weeks and lost, went back on the Arimidex and the weight came back. I work out 5 to 7 days a week so I am very active.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2013 7:19 PM

Review by pttyglnd:

For Breast Cancer: I took Arimidex for 5 years and I've been cancer free for over 6 years now.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2013 3:12 PM

Review by McD333:

For Breast Cancer: Started taking Arimidex in June and have lost 45lbs. Vomiting and diarrhea have left me homebound. I keep starting and stopping this pill. Oncologist thinks I'm crazy, but when I stop the pill the vomiting and diarrhea stop. Just stopped taking it before Christmas and I'm feeling so much better. Have had two lumpectomies and a mastectomy. Don't want the cancer to return, but the side effects are too much for me.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2013 5:31 PM

For Breast Cancer: I've been on Arimidex 4 years and 1 month, prior to which I took Tamoxifen for 5 months. During the first year I developed a frozen shoulder, which my oncologist said could be due to the Armidex, extreme joint stiffness which gradually subsidized and ended after 9-12 months, intense hot flashes which as of this year are lessening, insomnia, vision issues (detached retina - but am also very myopic), pronounced facial aging, dry skin (am 57 years old) and thinning hair. I also experienced depression and mood swings beginning 3 months after the start of Arimidex. I never took medication for it but am finding that it has also gradually lessened over the last 1 1/2 yrs.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2012 6:21 PM

For Breast Cancer: 7 months in severe hand pain wakes me up at night. Hands weakening grip ibuprofen doesn't help using phone and computer mouse horrible. Just switched to Aromasin.

September 25, 2012 1:01 AM

Review by Trick NOT Treat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Breast Cancer: I have been on Arimidex for 4 years 4 months. I have had the hot flashes, vision issues, bone density weakening, joint pain and stiffness, depression, mood changes, insomnia, back and bone pain, thinning nails (of already thin nails), weakness in hands and now, my hair in breaking off and drying out. My doctor wants me to hold on to the end of the 5 years. Not sure I can.

September 24, 2012 4:15 PM

Review by Better than cancer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Endometrial Cancer: Endometrial stromal sarcoma: I've been on this medicine since hysterectomy/pathology report in March, about five months. Too soon to tell if it is working but so far so good. The side effects are as stated by many already...increased joint pain and stiffness everywhere and especially hands and feet, increased weight, minor and occasional dizziness, increased feeling of tiredness. I'm going to request a bone density scan to monitor risk of osteoporosis. It is all tolerable so far, but I hope it doesn't get worse and I hope none of it is permanent.

August 28, 2012 3:55 PM

For Breast Cancer: I have been on Arimidex for 5 years. No pain or problems, and with a vitamin D supplement, I have been feeling great! Didn't have any problems until I started the generic form.

July 3, 2012 9:17 PM

Review by kennybuck:

For Breast Cancer: I have been on Arimidex for just over a year and have experience basically no side effects. The only issue I have is my left hand and fingers tingle occasionally at night - enough to waken me, however, the doctor thinks it has more to do with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome - which I never had before. I am going to be 70 years old soon, am in excellent health and shape as I work with a personal trainer. Life is Good!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2012 2:12 PM

For Breast Cancer: I started taking Arimidex about 4 - 5 months ago as a breast cancer patient. I'm supposed to take it for 5 years. The side-effects I've experienced are: insomnia, hot flashes, headaches, weight gain, joint pain, and severe loss of grip in both hands. My hands are stiff in the morning and evening, it's just crazy. Well, even throughout the day. I asked my oncologist about this and he said it was arthritis, which I do NOT believe. The onset was too quick. It was about 6 weeks after I started taking the Arimidex then the hand stiffness showed up.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2012 6:46 PM

Review by Dann ielle:

For Breast Cancer: Within a month of taking Arimidex. I had so much joints pain, I mention to my oncologist and he said it was arthritis, I said "No way" arthritis does not show up in one month" I stopped taking it after 1 1/2 years. I could not endure the pain.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2011 3:06 PM

Review by linnash:

For Breast Cancer: Have been on Arimidex for 7 years as my oncologist says that the trial period has only been up to 5 years and she wants me to continue as extra insurance. The only side effect that I have noticed beginning about a year ago is hair thinning, and it is starting to bother me. Three of my friends who had started taking Arimidex the same time I did and who had other oncologists, were taken off the drug after 5 years. They had noticed hair thinning during the time they were taking the drug and it has reversed since they stopped usage.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2011 5:06 PM

Review by G-Ma 1:

For Breast Cancer: I am starting my 4th year on Arimidex and have had wonderful results. I have had no side effects at all. I am now over 70 and am active and otherwise healthy. I am looking forward to many more years of continued good health.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2011 3:18 PM

Review by albert47:

For Breast Cancer: Bone pain, faster pulse rate, hot flashes. Don't know if I can continue taking this for 5 years.

January 29, 2011 1:30 PM

For Breast Cancer: Severe hot flushes, sleep disturbance, bone and joint pain, lack of concentration. Was getting Zoladex injections for 9 months then had hysterectomy. Have been on Arimidex for 7 months. Hope I don't have to be on it for up to 5 years. I don't think I could stick out these side effects.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2010 7:50 PM

Review by jbow:

For Breast Cancer: I have been on Arimidex for 4 years. Side effects I have had are severe hot flashes, and ever increasing joint pain. I am considering going off the medication entirely, even though it has not been the full five years yet, or switching to a different medicine.

September 8, 2010 5:28 PM

Review by Mona-Me:

For Breast Cancer: I have been on Arimidex for almost a year now; as far as side effects, most problematic for me seems to be weight gain. Sure hope and pray I have no more serious side effects than this. Take my Arimidex every morning with breakfast.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2010 3:46 PM