User Reviews for Letrozole

Also known as: Femara

Learn more about Letrozole.

Female Infertility 2 reviews 22 medications

Breast Cancer, Adjuvant 8 reviews 18 medications

5.6
Summary of Letrozole reviews 54 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Letrozole

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "diagnosed May 2014 with Stage 3 Breast cancer after chemo, removal of the tumor & lymph nods, radiation I started Femara been on it almost 6 months and I have daily joint & muscle pain, fatigue, hot flashes, and most of all weight gain, Im really trying to eat healthy and exercise, but working a full time job its a tough routine to keep up with everyday, (55 and post menopausal). But hey Im still here and hopeful the medication does the good job of keeping the cancer at bay. Doing my best with the symptoms."

Caner Free for now! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I had ER+ HER- stage III 23 positive lymph nodes. Diagnosed Christmas before last. Age 47. Neoadjuvant ACT,surgery,radiation. Letrazole was the first aromatase inhibitor I tried.I am so sorry to hear of the side effects many have had. I have had a few. Gained a little weight,constipation. But I had serious joint pain and stiffness before I had cancer. The chemo made my joint pain and stiffness go away. Even my hips.When I finished it crept back. Then I started letrazole and it went away. I know this helps me becuase I ran out of it on vacation for two days and could barely move the day I got my refill. After three doses I was back to normal. That is good because I have to take it as long as I live."

Danielinthelionsden August 16, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "I have stage 4 breast cancer and the looks at the hospital were not pretty-it did not look good for me. I have been on Letrozole for 6 months and it is working. The tumors are shrinking or disappearing and I feel so much better. My hands feet and legs are stiff but so what- I stretch them to loosen up, my hair is thinning but so what, there are other things I can use to cover my head. If God put this drug to cure me, I can take these small inconveniences. I am happy to know that this joint pain is caused by the medication. I would like to know if the medication actually heals and makes you cancer free and it can end or if medication is needed for my life. I am 54 almost 55 and if this pill can give me life, small side effects are ok"

cmmomof4 August 6, 2015

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I have recently started taking femara. The first few days were really tough. I had muscle pain and was very emotional and horrible periarea dryness. I would cry about anything. These symptoms have pretty much gone away after day 4. Now after a month, my main side effects seem to be evening fatigue (I would really like to go to bed at 6:30pm) and fuzzy thinking. During the first couple of days of taking this medicine I had my doubts if I would continue, but now I think with time I will find ways to work around the side effects. They really aren't that bothersome."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "After a modified radical mastectomy for stage 3 breast cancer, I took letrozole for 5 years and my tumor marker test (CA 15-3) remained low. My oncologist and I decided that without any indication of malignancy I could safely go off the letrozole. After 2 years off it my (CA 15-3) blood test shot up and I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer on my chest wall. I resumed taking letrozole and had 36 radiation treatments. I have taken letrozole for 7 months now and my most current CT scan showed the lesion was gone. I know the radiation destroyed most of the lesion but I'm sure the letrozole helped a lot with the rest. I probably will take letrozole for the rest of my life."

Bananafaced (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2015

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: "Stage IIIc Lobular breast CA, node , Started generic Femara 18 months ago after radiation. Minor side effects- hair loss, nails, skin, vaginal dryness. Major- started out with tolerable joint, bone and muscle pain. But about a month ago, these symptoms became severe enough to decrease my quality of life. My oncologist did blood work, all okay. She wanted a bone scan but after ready reviews, this is the Femara not bone cancer. She just has not had amy Patients do this, the literature is based on trials not general population. The literature( and she told me) the symptoms go away by 8 months! Not!! I also have MS ( still mobile, but that has some same/ similar side affects) but Femara more like arthritis. Knees, ankles. Stay on though!"

Janny'darie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "After stage 2 breast cancer/unilateral mastcectomy, Took tamoxifen for 2 years, then switched to femara abt 4 months ago. My oncologist said this was largely because femara is kinder to my kidneys. I truly hope the femara is doing its job, because my fingers are stiff and swelling, and hurt when I bend them. I now have 2 - 3 trigger fingers, depending on temperature and time of day, and I truly understand what a reviewer called "Walter Brennan walk"! Stiff legs after sitting for as little as 5 minutes, & as an artist, pianist & admin, this is definately a quality of life issue for me. I am going to speak with my doctor again - he agreed that that was side effect, but it's getting worse quickly, also slight weight gain & low energy levels"

lynniered (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "I hope that it is keeping me from having cancer with all the problems that it is causing. I had stage 2 grade 2b breast cancer and had a mastectomy followed by 6 months of chemo and 6 weeks of daily radiation. I really didn't have that much side affects from chemo and radiation. But being on the Letrozole has been a pain. the fatigue is getting to me. I might as well go into hibernation for 5 years. I sleep all the time. It is very hard to focus on my job where I am a manager. I have a lot of joint pain and I am trying glucomine juice. Someone else told me about loins juice. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do about the fatigue? I take the pill at night, but I can not get out of bed in the morning."

Marla57 April 28, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "I'm not sure how to rate this drug. If it keeps cancer away, it might get a 10. Almost 4 years later, it appears to have done so. However, the jury is still out. I am literally counting the days until I can get off this drug. The joint pain has become almost unbearable and completely affects any quality of life. I find I don't want to do much of anything because of the pain, yet know I have to or be almost bedridden. It has become progressively worse in the last year. So I push myself daily and have tried almost everything to help the pain, but nothing really works. I am grateful to be cancer free, and really feel conflicted even complaining about it. But most days are just very hard. I am 63, yet feel like a 90 year old."

Cavamama March 30, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "I had stage 2 breast cancer in 2004 took tamoxifen for 5 years and was then moved to femara. I have had significant bone and muscle pain; weight gain; severe hot flashes/night sweats; and brain fog, forgetfulness; however my 5 years of femara will end in June 2015 however I was under the impression that I would be taken off of this medication; however I have seen many post that show individuals on this medication for 8, 9 or more years. I am not sure what my oncologist has in mind for me. I was 46 when I found out and have had both breast removed and completed 5 months of chemo but I am still concerned to be without any medications for fear of my cancer returning."

2015cancer2004 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2015

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Breast Cancer in 1999 Stage 1 Distant recurrence lung tumor in 2012. Given Femara (letrozole). After two months tumor shrunk. Almost 3 years now on letrozole. No side effects and no evidence of disease."

marie I. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2015

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "Had Grade A Breast Cancer that was caught early. Had a mass and one lymph node removed. Went on Femara on Nov. 8, 2014, the day after I finished radiation. At first, I didn't notice anything. Slowly the pain in my feet started, then other joints in my body. I felt like I was having trouble getting air into my lungs. I started feeling like I was in a fog. I already had been diagnosed with depression years ago which was under control with medication. I started experiencing depression a couple of weeks ago which included waking up and crying. That turned into suicidal depression. Without pain medication, I couldn't move around well. The bottom of my feet were killing me. I work full time. I quit the Femara 2 days ago."

Chille Hille (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Hi, I'm a new member, I had breast cancer at the start of 2013, it had spread to my liver, bone and spine, I had radiotherapy on my spine which worked well, I was then put on letrozole, within 6 months, the scan results showed that all the tumors were shrinking, I had awful hot flushes but coped with them, in April 2014 my scan was clear and was pain free and this was just by taking letrozole, I called it my wonder pill. However, the last few weeks the muscle pain in my legs have started, I went to the health shop and got some Musseltone gel, yes I have spelt it right as it's made from mussels from the sea, it's great, I rub it on a few times a day and before I get out of bed in a morning. For me, Letrozole was my miracle cure."

jessandjodie (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2015

Femara (letrozole) for Female Infertility: "I struggled with infertility for years. Two months on this medicine and we were pregnant and I now have a healthy 4 year old."

Megzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2014

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: "I was so pleased to read all of the reviews about Letrozole. Now I know that I'm not alone. Hot flashes worse than menopause. Always off balance. Won't do stairs without a railing or holding on to person anymore after quite a few falls. Don't get dizzy, but never know when a stumble or fall is coming. Very dry mouth (other meds also cause dry mouth/thirst). This is extremely hard to deal with as chemo put my kidneys in failure and on dialysis am limited to 1.5 liters of liquid a day. Headaches, bone pain, fatigued constantly, muscle pain especially in legs, lack of appetite, foods don't taste the same. Ran out about a week ago, starting to come out of the fog! Feel like I'm 100, not 57, sigh."

sick of rx's (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2014

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: "I was diagnosed in 2009, had lumpectomy, chemo, radiation. Managed to continue working through it all. Then took tamoxifen for 2 1/2 years...had horrible muscle cramping and hot flashes, switched to letrozole after determining I was post menopausal. The major muscle cramps lessened considerably, as did the hot flashes. I took this for 2 1/2 years, just stopping 3 weeks ago. I have muscle, joint, bone achiness 24/7, no energy, tired always, feel like I'm in a fog, tinnitus, heartburn, slow metabolism with weight gain. How long will it take to reverse all of these side effects now that I no longer take it? I even quit taking ibuprofen because it doesn't do anything for the pains. I am now 2 months from being 50 years old."

doghouse814 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2014

For Breast Cancer: "I have been on Letrozole for 9 months. I have dry mouth, extremely dry skin, vaginal dryness, reduced libido, weight gain and hair loss. My joints are increasingly stiff and painful. I wake in the night from pain and can scarcely walk first thing in the morning. My Breast cancer was stage one an I had both breasts removed. I am considering stopping taking it."

Anonymous July 7, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole) for Female Infertility: "I struggled with getting pregnant due to infertility, I also only have one fallopian tube. First round of fertility treatment on this medication worked!! Now I have a happy 3 month old!!"

Happy Mommy0124 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2014

For Breast Cancer: "Was on Arimidex for one year but was changed to Letrozole because I couldn't walk due to burning sensation. Side effects after treatment have been: bone weakening, fatigue, insomnia, night sweats, weight gain (40 Lb) dry hair, feel older than 71, redness in my face, high blood pressure, neuropathy, burping, stiffness after sitting, memory loss, joint pain...but I am happy to be alive. I try not to complain because I want my husband to be happy."

CHARIN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2014

For Breast Cancer: "I have been on letrozole for 5 months. I experience pretty strong joint pain in hands, fingers and feet especially upon rising in the morning. I look like Walter Brennan going to the bathroom. I am 54 and previously felt like 25, now I often feel 85. Have found something great to prevent weight gain and helps with the energy issue. Still working on vaginal dryness and libido. Have found an anti-inflammatory diet improves pain, energy and mental clarity. "

Positivo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Breast Cancer: "Got aches and pains in shoulders, knees, stiffness after sitting, trigger fingers and thumb-left hand, thinning hair."

firstyear (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2013

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I have been on Femara for 3 years now, following 5 years on Tamoxifen as part of the Tango treatment for breast cancer. I have experienced severe joint pain, vaginal dryness, loss of libido, etc. But thought it was worth the effects in order to keep me 'cancer free'. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003. I have also issues with bone problems i.e. broke my foot 4 years ago & chipped my knee joint. But hey I'm still here. Keep persevering girls!"

Billytup October 11, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "After a lumpectomy for stage 1 Breast Cancer, I was prescribed two other aromatase inhibitors prior to Femara. I had occasional head pain in one spot from all of them. I also had trigger finger and terrible knee pain from Arimidex. My doctor then put me on brand name Femara and the joint pain, head pain, and trigger finger all went away. What is bothering me now is the hair loss (can see my scalp!), memory loss--constantly groping for words. Sometimes I do feel like I'm "foggy" but mostly I just can't remember words. I feel it is getting worse as time goes on and I do not understand why others report the same but there is no mention of this in the patient information leaflet."

Loving Life (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2013

207 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I have been on Femara for 9 months. First few months were tolerable, as time progresses, I am miserable. In beginning, I experienced nausea and diarrhea. As this went away, the bone and joint pain began. I would be awakened from my sleep in tears, as my hips would ache just from lying in bed. My hands/fingers hurt to make a fist, or do any type of extended writing. My knees ache horribly. When I get out of bed in the morning, I need to stand still for at least 2 or 3 minutes until I can get my legs to work. Same thing when sitting for any length of time. I am 45 and feel like I am 85. "

Femaranotforme October 8, 2013

224 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femara (letrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I was diagnosed with breast cancer (stage 2) - underwent 6 months of chemo and 6 weeks radiation. My hair regrowth was pretty quick but began thinning significantly after about a year of Tamoxifen usage (could see my scalp pretty clearly in the front and on top of my head). My doctor switched me to Femara about 2 months ago - side effects include lots of hot flashes (about 6-10 daily) and weight gain which I am combating by working out everyday and cutting my calories. I am prayerful that I don't experience anymore hair loss or the joint pain that I keep reading about. Everyone hang in there!"

Mrs. Nagbe (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next