User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Gabapentin review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 74 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Insomnia

Review by sogap34: User Rating:

gabapentin: Just started Neurontin 2 days ago. Dose is 200mg. It has worked wonders for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 2:58 PM
Review by Leeleefabulous: User Rating:

gabapentin: I've struggled with Restless Leg Syndrome and Insomnia for 14 years. This medication knocked me out! It stopped my legs from jerking and put me to sleep. The only problem is that the first day after I took it, I'd never been so groggy in my life. I could not walk straight and was lethargic all day. The next day the grogginess wasn't as bad and my doc said that that side effect will decrease soon. Other than that, I feel like this is a miracle for restless legs syndrome and insomnia. It's been a 14 year struggle for me but this is the first time anything has helped.

September 18, 2013 6:24 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

gabapentin: This has been the only medicine to help with my insomnia and I've tried a lot. Unfortunately, I'm finding I'm also irritable most of the day since I've ramped up to 3 pills per day. I'm cutting back to two to see if that helps that side.

August 1, 2012 3:03 AM
Review by hscolnik: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin): Initially took it for shingles pain but found it to be great for sleeping and for settling down my occasional restless legs syndrome.

November 26, 2011 5:42 AM
Review by LTUSAFaz: User Rating:

gabapentin: I have suffered with insomnia for years and no medications improved my condition until I started using Gabapentin. I have been taking it for 7 days and my quality of sleep has greatly improved. I used to wake up 3-4 times per night and found it hard to fall back asleep. Gabapentin puts me to sleep and I am enjoying deeper, more restful REM stages. I highly recommend it for this condition. I was prescribed this for chronic pain and this is a great bonus. Like the other reviewer it will cause residual grogginess the next day for several hours. Extra caffeine is definitely needed!

August 13, 2011 1:19 PM
Review by rhollusstar: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin): I took this medication in conjuction with Lamictal for bipolar disorder some years ago, and it would help me fall asleep, especially if I had a lot on my mind.

October 5, 2009 11:17 PM
Review by Mim321: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin): I sleep deeper and wake up refreshed. It doesn't knock me out or stop anxious thoughts, but once I get to sleep, I sleep so well and with less awakenings.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 21, 2009 10:00 PM
Review by qc: User Rating:

gabapentin: My psychiatrist put me on gabapentin for my headaches and insomnia. I was waking up in the middle of the night and having a hard time falling back to sleep. This drug along with putting up heavy curtains to block all light and noise saved me. My headaches are gone and I sleep normally now. Good drug.

March 19, 2009 7:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

gabapentin: This medicine does allow me to sleep, but has the unfortunate side effect of keeping me drowsy for about half a day thereafter no matter how early I take it.

March 17, 2009 9:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin): Best medicine so far 1/5/2009.

January 6, 2009 11:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin): After trying every type of insomnia medicine, this is the only medication that has worked for me. I don't notice any side effects. It isn't perfect. I still have sleepless nights sometimes; but those are nothing compared to the insomnia I was dealing with before.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 19, 2008 4:55 AM