User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Cough 1 reviews 734 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 192 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 507 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Gabapentin

Review by JimNashville (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

gabapentin for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: I had two major surgeries last year. A total hip and a total knee while in rehab for the total knee. I started experiencing diabetic neuropathy. The doctor gave me 900 mgs daily for it. I can tell you it was a great improvement and was very pleased. The 1st of the year I tried a herbal medicine and it didn't work. I did give it a month. I am now back on the gabapentin. I am so thankful for it, never will I go without it.

April 15, 2014 1:22 AM
Review by sogap34: User Rating:

gabapentin for Insomnia: Just started Neurontin 2 days ago. Dose is 200mg. It has worked wonders for me.

April 13, 2014 2:58 PM
Review by Nickname: User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: Best anti-anxiety medicine yet.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 10:17 AM
Review by alexandriaw: User Rating:

gabapentin for Postherpetic Neuralgia: I started gabapentin 600 mg 3x daily after I had 2 bulging disk removed from my neck that had crushed my spinal cord. I was a paraplegic but I could feel nerve pain. I couldn't even have sheets touch my legs without pain. It's been a year now I've been on it. I can tell when I'm late taking it. What a life saver. I get blurry vision sometimes and have gained weight (might be because my movement is limited). Might have to take it the rest of my life, but it beats pain pills.

April 4, 2014 10:39 PM
Review by Abbyscapes (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

gabapentin for Pain: I had suffered with chronic sciatica on my right leg for four months before finding the great doctor who prescribed gabapentin to me. I've spent 3 weeks working up from 1 to 3 pills a day. Each pill is 300mg. My pain has dropped from unbearable to nothing! An MRI shows a Trevor cyst about 3/4" in diameter which is on my 5th lumbar putting pressure at the top of the sciatic nerve. I thought I'd be facing cortisone shots and eventual surgery to deal with the tricky cyst but maybe thanks to this medicine I'll be able to dodge that path of treatment. I am sleeping more soundly, I have less energy in the evening and my overall energy level seems reduced but given the trade off of being pain- free, it's worth it.

March 31, 2014 10:03 PM
Review by Christina11: User Rating:

gabapentin for Hot Flashes: My night time hot flashes were keeping me from sleeping. I would have 4 or 5 episodes a night. My Dr. Prescribed Neurontin and within 2 days my hot flashes have disappeared. I only take this medication at night as it makes me drowsy. I take 200 mg. It is a miracle!!!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 29, 2014 3:51 AM
Review by GlennJon (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

gabapentin for Peripheral Neuropathy: Before taking gabapentin I had difficulty walking and getting a good night's sleep. I would constantly get shooting pains up and down my legs, as well as both feet. In just a few days after beginning taking gabapentin, the majority of the shooting pain in the legs subsided. The pain in the feet is more tolerable as well. Just wonder how long this "miracle" medicine will continue working for me.

March 28, 2014 5:02 PM
Review by Len's love: User Rating:

gabapentin for Peripheral Neuropathy: After six back related surgeries, I developed peripheral neuropathy. I was placed on Savella which helped some, but my neurologist decided to add Gralise as well. What had been absolutely terrible burning in both legs has been reduced with both of these medications. The Gralise was a helpful addition to the Savella. The question below regarding the insurance coverage; I had a blue cross plan which picked up about 40-50% then I recently purchased another blue cross plan which, at this moment in time, is not covering the Gralise, so my neurologist is trying to get them to authorize it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 2:28 PM
Review by Bedazzelle: User Rating:

gabapentin for Fibromyalgia: I am a 43 year old and I have had so much tenderness and pain with fibromyalgia, and to tell the truth I don't like to take medication.. but I was is such terrible pain I decided to go on GABAPENTIN under my doctors care. I am in awe. I feel so much better, especially in the morning. I also swim and get light massages to manage the pain. I can actually move my neck without agony! My doctor started me out on a higher dose than normal because of the pain. I take 3 of the 400 mg capsules daily. I have only been on them a few days but I can feel a BIG DIFFERENCE! I actually have energy and my mind not as " foggy" as before. I hope and pray this medication continues to give me fantastic results with few side effects.

March 19, 2014 2:09 PM
Review by sliceman (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: Gabapentin has been a life saver for me. I have suffered from dysthemia and anxiety for my entire 47 years of existence. I've been on every medicine they could toss at me over the years but nothing helped with my symptoms. Then I had back surgery for a discotomy on L5 on my spine. I had severe leg pain and the sciatica pain was very intense. The doctor prescribed gabapentin for residual nerve pain in my left foot. Without gabapentin my foot feels like its on fire but I also discovered how different I was beginning to feel with my depression and anxiety....I felt alive for the first time in decades. I kid you not, it is a wonderful and my doctor has been recording my progress on it with my depression and anxiety. Great medicine.

March 16, 2014 9:46 AM
Review by degenerative spine (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

gabapentin for Peripheral Neuropathy: Helps with nerve pain in both legs.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2014 8:35 PM
Review by Cecelia Ideally (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

gabapentin for Fibromyalgia: I was diagnosed in 2009 after over a decade of chronic aches and pains that couldn't be described by any physicians. After countless bloodtests, MRIs, CAT scans, and the like, I finally found a Neuro that decided to try Gabapentin. I've been on it now, low dose, for about a week. Placebo effect or otherwise, I DO feel better. My normal daily functions seem easier, the pain has almost entirely subsided to a 'dull' ache, my headaches have dwindled to almost nothing, and my energy has increased; which I can only attribute to actually sleeping through the night for more than four days. I will be gradually increasing my dosage over the next four weeks to see if I get even better. I'm ecstatic that I found this physician and Gabapentin!

March 14, 2014 1:39 PM
Review by Ah1105: User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: I was on gabapentin when I was younger around age 16 to 18 and I remembered it must had worked pretty well because I stayed on for a little while. So fast forward almost ten years and I started seeing doctor again due to social anxiety and asked if I could try gabapentin. I started low 100mg at night which actually did help me sleep and felt calming effect but I did notice a little twitchy, but all in all it was ok the problem was the next day my anxiety seemed a lot worse I even tried couple more nights and same thing always happened. I'd have physical effect of anxiety, pounding heart, etc. I am also on methadone so I don't know if this why this medication made me have such bad anxiety next day but everyone is different.

March 13, 2014 10:48 PM
Review by Serene Celine (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: I suffer from generalzed anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and panic disorder. I have been on Neurontin for about three months. At first I was on 300mg/day, and now am on 600mg/day. My doctor wants to ultimately get me up to 900mg/day. This medicine works great. It keeps me on a calm and even keel, plus eliminates some of my physical anxiety symptoms. The only side effect I experienced was some slight clumsiness at first, which disappeared after a few days. I also take Tenormin and Prozac.

March 10, 2014 7:31 PM
Review by Vbeckford: User Rating:

gabapentin for Migraine: I read the other comments and decided to try it. It was wonderful! I've been using Neurontin for nerve pain down my leg for 3 months. It's great to know it serves more than one purpose. Thanks everyone.

March 9, 2014 4:12 PM
Review by mhmama: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: I am on Gabapentin for nerve damage due to chemotherapy. I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day. I am not having a lot of relief and have a lot of dizziness, joint pain headaches, and unsteadiness.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2014 2:46 PM
Review by 3 days in. 3 days headache free! (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

gabapentin for Migraine: My neurologist put me on this after being on Topamax and propranolol for chronic migraines for 5 months. For the first time in 6 months, I haven't had a headache for 3 consecutive days and it's a miracle! Only thing is that I've been excessively thirsty and having some problems with my vision/dizziness, but she warned me that I would likely experience the dizziness. Such a change in my life.

March 5, 2014 11:17 PM
Review by glittereyes (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: I just started Gabapentin 300mg Feb 28th and am titrating down of off Lexapro. It started making my anxiety go through the roof. I am also on Buspar, Lamictal and Zoloft. I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder and am in recovery x5 years from Alcoholism. Without medication my life is unmanageable. So far I feel great, not sure if its because I am lowering my Lexapro and will be off this Friday. Or if it's the Gabapentin. I am hoping this works.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 4, 2014 3:01 PM
Review by cold837: User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: I have had panic attacks since I was four, I am 33 now. I was an alcoholic four 10 years cause I was on a high dose of Xanax and I got hooked then my doctor put me on Klonopin because it is a longer lasting medicine. I then got put on gabapentin 400mg three times a day and it has been a blessing. It helped me get rid of Klonopin and now I am panic attack free.

March 3, 2014 2:00 PM
Review by Phyllis in FL (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: I am 47 with such an exhausting history of anxiety that had led me to self medicate with alcohol, until finally finding the correct medical doctor. Doctors in the past have been writing me scrips that have been making me crazier and crazier, just adding to my problem. Now I am alcohol free with no panic attacks, I have no problems being by myself and keeping occupied with work and fun things to do. I sleep like a baby all through the night. It's wonderful.

February 28, 2014 4:48 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: I have just recently started taking this medicine and my anxiety has vanished. I have even tried to make myself anxious and it will not happen. I am satisfied so far.

February 27, 2014 4:50 PM
Review by toddwest: User Rating:

gabapentin for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: This drug does wonders for the neuropathy in my feet and hand. I take 1800mg a day, it brings the pain to were I can live with it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 25, 2014 11:31 AM
Review by Baubee (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

gabapentin for Peripheral Neuropathy: I have Multiple Sclerosis and all that comes with it. After some years of easy going I suddenly found my feet would feel like they were on fire so I arranged an appointment with my Neurologist at the local MS clinic and was prescribed Gabapentin 5% in Lipoderm. This is a creamy compound the chemist has to make each refill order and it does take a couple days notice. Anyway, the very first time I applied the lotion to the feet the pain, which was so severe I would cry in agony, dissipated rapidly and was gone within 15 minutes. I use 1 ML twice a day to the feet and am pain free. I can not say it does anything to the numbness of the toes and bottom of feet but there is no pain to that so it is not a problem.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 5:30 PM
Review by Btp200: User Rating:

gabapentin for Anxiety: Until I was fifty I dealt with life, and fear the best I could. Going through catholic school in the sixties was pure hell. But I leaned to deal with generalized anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder the best I could. I become a perfectionist resulting in what others would call a very successful life. At fifty my wife divorced me throwing me into a ten year spin of uncontrollable anxiety. After trying almost every pill made, I tried Gabapentin after one morning and one at lunch. I felt better for the first time in ten years. I have taken for nine months and most of the time I feel better than I have ever felt. A control calm I have never felt. I hope it continues to work.

February 22, 2014 9:19 PM
Review by 4mymeds: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Epilepsy: Has controlled my seizures, in conjunction with Tegretol, for over fifteen years, seizure free.

February 21, 2014 9:27 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here