Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 293 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pudendal Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 637 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Gabapentin

Review by Carpiu:

For Bipolar Disorder: After 8 months of sleep problems caused by anxiety started to take 3x300mg. First two days were amazing. No more anxiety when falling a sleep and during a day. After 5 days started to noticing anxiety again so went up to 600x2 300x1. Its totally miracle drug. No more anxiety, I feel calm and relax with social situations and have proper deep sleep. I love it!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 11:35 AM

Review by No more Anxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I have been on Neurontin for a month now. This medicine was given to me for chronic neck pain from an injury 30 years ago. I did not mention to the neurologist that I suffered from severe anxiety and panic disorder, I was taking at least 1 dose of Xnax daily for daily panic attacks. Since starting on neurontin I have only had to take Xanax 1 time, I am not in chronic pain any longer. This medication has changed my life in so many ways. My husband told me in tears that he has his wife back. My work has completely changed around, I love my job again, I love life again, and I am pain free!!!!!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 9:33 AM

Review by Good Stuff! (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was Rx'd gabapentin to address the agitated/mood-swingy feelings I still had after being Rx'd Lamictal to address my highly recurrent depression. Lamictal addresses the big problem of depression and gabapentin is like the final touch that makes things peaceful/balanced. I take 3-400 mg right before work (PRN) and I can get through the day stable, calm and able to focus on what I need to do. If I forget to take a dose, I'll finally realize how agitated/emotional I am by around 10:30. I'll take my dose and within an hour I'm back to normal. It's really great. No side-effects that I notice. I take it PRN, like a benzo replacement, so sometimes I'll take 2-300 mgs in the afternoon if I think something stressful is coming up. Great med!

April 16, 2015 4:02 PM

Review by Richard S. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Peripheral Neuropathy: Extreme peripheral neuropathy in both legs from knee down. Without drug I have extreme burning sensation and muscle cramps in those areas. I had been on 60 mg. Methadone for about 20 years for joint and muscle pain. When I first took Gabapentin I got side effects of extreme nausea, headaches, and general around not feeling well so I stopped taking the Gabapentin. A new doctor insisted I stopped taking the Methadone pending an electric neural stimulator insertions to my spine. I detoxed from the Methadone at 5 mg. a week and after twelve weeks I was off it. When I started taking the Gabapentin it worked superbly, problems reduced about 90-95%. Shift to 40-50 mg. Percocet per day took care of joint/muscle pain about as well as Methadone.

April 15, 2015 1:20 AM

Review by Firesqurl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Please don't take this medication. I have anxiety and fibromyalgia and I am prescribed 800 MG three times a day. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I ran out of Neurontin 5 days ago. The withdrawal has been terrible. I know, Neurontin "doesn't cause withdrawal symptoms" but it does, and I've read all over the internet that I am not alone. I have quit opiate pain killers cold turkey and over came a severe cocaine addiction in my youth, these things are child's play compared to not having Neurontin. I was sweating, shivering, constipated, and the anxiety made me consider checking into a psych ward and asking them to throw away the key, I cried for hours, I can't express how horrific it was and I read it can last a year!

April 14, 2015 9:11 PM

Review by Oromocto:

For Migraine: I take 1800 mg for the last three months. I have suffered aquired brain injury from viral encephalitis. One of my main problems is ice pick headaches and ringing in both ears. While I have been taking this medication my neurologist recommend that I also receive Botox injections. Also with no help, next injections take place in two weeks. I was informed that the first time of injections do not expect to much.

April 13, 2015 6:04 PM

Review by Cindy Marie:

For Anxiety: I have been on this medicine for a month. I can't believe how much better I feel. My body is not sore anymore. My shouldes were almost frozen. Now I have total usage of them. It's a miracle drug for me

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 10:04 AM

Review by RA Girl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis and I've been in constant pain since my diagnosis 4 years ago. The rheumatoid arthritis medications curbed the pain, but it was still 7 on a scale of 1-10 and it was debilitating. I've been on gabapentin for just 2 weeks and the pain is now down to a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Why didn't any of my Doctors suggest this before now?

April 2, 2015 11:22 PM

Review by Gdoo:

For Insomnia: I've had chronic insomnia for 20 years. I can't fall asleep and then when I do, I wake up after a couple of hours and can't fall back to sleep for several hours. I still take trazodone to get to sleep and use the Gabapentin to stay asleep. I take 100 mg of the Trazodone and 1500 mg of the Gabapentin. I sleep great and feel great the next day. Nothing else ever worked for me. I love this medicine. Sleep is a beautiful thing.

April 1, 2015 9:56 AM

Review by Eva Chavez:

For Anxiety: I have been on gabapentin going on almost a year, I have had anxiety all my life, but even more after I became a heroin, and cocaine user. I started taking Neurontin in prison, and these pills have helped me so much, and now I take 1200 in the morning, and 1200 in the evening, and I'm the happiest girl on earth and I've been clean, they help for real, I'm happy to clean, and cook, and spend time with my son. It's non narcotic, and a blessing.

March 29, 2015 1:56 AM

Review by Ally84 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Neuropathic Pain: I was prescribed gabapentin 900 mg a day primarily for neuropathic pain generated from several spinal nerves in my cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral spine. I'm in a lot less pain. I'm a little lightheaded and dizzy, but food and plenty of fluids help with that. I'm also used to it from a brain condition I have.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2015 12:20 PM

Review by johnnybrez (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Neuropathic Pain: I have a nerve in my left foot that goes crazy at night. It doesn't bother me during the day. Without Gabapentin I would get practically no sleep. But, I have had to increase the dosage over time to get relief. I started five years ago at 900 mg a day. But, now it takes 4200 to 5400 mg a day to shut it down, but I only take it at night (between 6 pm and 3:00 AM). I can't take it during the day - makes me too tired. The main side effect that really bothers me is poor balance - you can walk "right." But, the podiatrist can't find the nerve. If she could find it she could just go in and shut it down. That's where I'm at - as soon as she shuts that thing down I'll get off these pills and get back to a normal life.

March 11, 2015 3:55 AM

Review by Mike's wife (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Peripheral Neuropathy: At a lower dosage, this worked well for my husband's diabetic foot pain. A higher dosage switch caused him to lose 4 days of memory, during which he was confused, completely off balance, at times delusional, dizzy, as well as talked and walked and ate in his sleep. We will be discussing this with his GP. He went from a 300 mg to an 800 mg.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 10:23 AM

Review by kayeLo:

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on every type of class of bi-polar medications and the side effects were worse than the condition. I have been taking gabapentin at night for a year now and I love it. It does not make me fuzzy or groggy the next day and my moods are manageable most of the time. In the long term, I prefer gabapentin.

March 8, 2015 9:37 PM

Review by Joy yoy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I did not sleep well for a over 30 years. Took Ambien for 15 years. Doctor hopped until my new doc prescribed gabapentin for restless leg & other things. I now sleep better than I have ever slept. It has changed my life. I dream & can concentrate. Wonderful.

March 6, 2015 9:18 PM

Review by Pcarp (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hot Flashes: I started gabapentin for nerve pain. My hot flashes stopped after having them for 5 years. It's been a miracle for me, my doctor hadn't heard it worked for hot flashes, but I can't go back to hot flashes that left me with sweat running down my face in the grocery store line or having to have my bedroom at 50 degrees at night so I could sleep somewhat comfortably at night.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2015 3:21 PM

Review by Very helpful (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I have idiopathic insomnia as well as sleep apnea. Although the CPAP helps the apnea, I still was waking up every hour or two during the night, never getting a restful night sleep. Then I was prescribed gabapentin for nerve pain and discovered that it also works for my sleep. I wake rested and have much more energy. Apparently GABA helps increase slow wave sleep so I am dreaming more also.

February 28, 2015 3:52 PM

Review by Ms maryland (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: It's changed my life. I can finally function with bipolar. I'm sleeping, calm, productive and I am not indecisive about everything everyday. I'm not drowsy and I can get up on time for work. I'm 45- it's been a 20 year struggle without it.

February 27, 2015 5:51 AM

Review by vet1:

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Was placed on Gabapentin 30 days ago 100 mg 3 times a day for neuropathy of hands and feet. Also have severe agoraphobia with panic attacks. Most hand and leg pain much better. Remarkable is that I can now leave my house and do my own grocery shopping. Only possible side effect is I have no sleep pattern now. I sleep when tired and wake when rested. Can be in bed at 10 a.m. or 6 a.m sleep just about any time and wake 8 to 10 hours later. Yesterday I fell asleep at 6 a.m. I got up at 7 p.m. day before I fell asleep at 11 p.m. and got up at 930 a.m. See doctor in 2 days, will ask what can be done. I can't take sleeping pills because they and Valium do exactly the reverse in my body. I took Ambien 1 time, was up 2 days. Ambien also causes restless legs syndrome.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 1:33 AM

Review by Tjmzz (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: Worked for the first 3 months I took it. Went up gradually to 400mg 3x a day. After this time was up was when I was increased due to the mood swings becoming a lot worse. If only it worked for longer!!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 9:48 PM

Review by Ignatz (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I am 43. I started taking Gabapentin for neuropathy in my feet, 500mg a day. It really took the tingly pain away. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year, I stopped it, since I was on so many painkillers I didn't think I needed it. Then I began to experience severe anxiety and hopelessness, racing negative thoughts, I didn't know what to do. I had heard that Gabapentin helped with anxiety, so I went back on it, and it is INCREDIBLE! at 600mg a day, I feel calm, chatty, and able to live in the moment. I'm a little clumsy, but I am SO grateful that Gabapentin has this mood stabilizing effect on me, and it worked the first day back on it. Now I can just live my life without anxiety, and I can take less narcotics now too, yet feel even better!

February 15, 2015 6:58 PM

Review by Tradeguy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Fibromyalgia: I take 4 doses of 300mg Gabapentin every day, and it completely interrupts my regular daily pain cycle. It is also an excellent analgesic enhancer when taken with other pain meds. No side effects that other than mild sedation, and nothing like brain-numbing Lyrica.

February 13, 2015 6:03 PM

Review by ScottM99:

For Anxiety: Have tried every antidepressant on the planet, not working for anxiety. My doc gave me gabapenton 300mg twice a day, no help. I tried by mistake (long story) 600mg at once and it works! I discovered it works for about 6 hours, so now I take 600mg twice a day. That gets me through the day. I pray it keeps working.

February 10, 2015 11:45 AM

Review by DallasGrl77:

For Migraine: My Neuro put me on Gabapentin 300m every night, and I went from chronic migraines 3-5 a mth, to only 1-2 a month. If I take my Sumatriptan as soon as I feel a migraine coming on (along with ice bag rotating on my head) it goes away within an hour or two. Miracle medications! They have saved my life!

February 6, 2015 2:19 AM

Review by hcso:

For Peripheral Neuropathy: I needed neck surgery in 2009. I had the surgery, but after a couple of months, I begin to hurt all over and was so stiff it took me hours to get my routine going. I had trouble at work with horrible pain. I finally found a doctor that would listen to me. He put me on 3600mg, and as long as I take it on time and stay on the schedule I am good to go. I am so glad because my job is in law enforcement and I have to be on my toes in the jail. This medication is a God sent. It's not a narcodic. I hope this note gives everyone a better quality of life,.

February 3, 2015 12:51 AM