User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 292 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 178 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 750 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Pain: "Have sacroilliac joint pain is so unbearable at times have been taking for five days now and only in evening helpful to sleep for awhile but no pain relief"

SHAKE D August 30, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I'm a recovering drug addict (all opiates) and I have restless leg, degenerative disk disease and and severe nerve damage for almost 20 years now. My RLS has kept me up for 5 days at a time. Night time and early in the morning I would be going absolutely insane, crying and screaming and hallucinating from lack of sleep. I know a lot of u have been thru it too and my heart goes out to u. Anyway I know this is a real problem for the recovering addicts out there and a major cause of relapses, I've been to the rodeo a few times myself. My gabapentin stopped working a few months ago, gradually. I'm already on a high dose at 1800, can't go up. any ideas? Thanks."

pain_lady August 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "In 2013 I had 16 E.R visits, 11 EKG's and 4 times the paramedics came to get me. This was all due to panic disorder/attacks. This started as a child due to abuse but by the time I turned 9 the panic attacks had subsided, but eventually showed back up when I turned about 27 out of no where. I took SEVERAL other meds but this one has helped me greatly! I would like to say that if you are dealing with severe anxiety check to see if you have an iron deficiency also check for heavy metals and toxins. I was severely anemic and had a build of heavy metals. Once I detoxed my body and changed my diet my panic attacks and depression went away! I no longer have to take this med."

detox queen August 28, 2015

For Spondylolisthesis: "I've had arthritis for over 30 yrs, which has developed into stenosis & sciatica w/spondylolistesis which means I have no fluid in my disc. Just found our thru on MRI that this is what's pinching on my sciatica nerve, the disc. Was in so much pain for three weeks I couldn't walk without help. Now am taking the gabapentin an am glad to finally be sleeping better instead of getting up every hour. Can't say that it's totally helped. Started out taking 300 mg 3 times a day. Just up to 600 mg 3 times a day. The gabapentin has seemed to improve my mood. I'm just happy to be sleeping. Hope to get more relief with the increase in mg's before I have surgery."

Linda, 59 yrs old August 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have to agree with so many people who have given positive reviews for gabapentin. I take 300 mg four times daily, and I am living in peace and can live comfortably in my skin for the first time in my life. I am much more productive, happy, and things just roll off my back that usually would cause me great anger or disruption. I noticed that I sleep better too. What I like is that this medication does not drug me up the way so many other medicines that I've tried for anxiety have done. I also take it for severe lower back pain, and it helps a great deal as well. I recommend this to anybody who is thinking of trying it."

Greatful Gal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Insomnia: "Gabapentin helps me fall asleep, but I wake up always eight hours after I take it. It makes me feel a little groggy, but I use it for when I get sleepless nights. Fall in love people, your insomnia will go away. Everytime my soulmate is close to me I sleep like a baby!"

lals August 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on every medication. I was diagnosed with Bipolar when I was 16. I am now about to turn 35 and have never been as stable as I am now since I started neurontin. This is the first time I have had success for my bipolar disorder. And even helps me with my depression. Somehow I get out of bed every morning which rarely ever happened. I am able to take care of my children now. And it even seems to help me with my pain."

Knorg14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "I am on 600 mg morning, 600 mg mid day and 1200 mg at bedtime for nerve pain (complex regional pain syndrome), I notice little relief. A lot of side effects, sleepy, foggy minded just to name a few. I have been on it for almost 6 months, started at 300mg 3 times a day. Hoping for relief."

Shay1771 August 24, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "Doc said take 900mg a day, I've reduced to 6mg a day. Herniated disc l-4,l-5. I sleep better at night. I think back pain is some better. I take tamsulosin so I'm sort of dizzy anyhow. 74 years old, active/athletic golf, offshore fishing etc. Thinking of surgery but maybe it's inevitable. Will wait & see. Would prefer no drugs but only on this 6 weeks..My body has always healed itself. I think God will do it again."

rickydicky August 23, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I was prescribed Gabapentin by my Oncologist last month as my hot flashes and night sweats due to taking tamoxifen, following breast cancer, were getting out of control. I couldn't believe that they totally vanished from the first night of taking 300mg before bedtime. I'm sleeping like a baby for the first time in months and feel fully ready to take on the world again!"

MaisieGsy August 22, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "This medication completely stopped all of the pain I experienced, to the point that I had to do a body check each night to see if I had hurt myself during the day. However, within 2 months of starting this medication (a VERY low dose), I was suicidal, and had to be taken off of it at 2 1/2 months. If it weren't for the side effects, I would give this medication a 10. Due to the side effects (horrendous, in my opinion), I've given it a 1."

Amanda F August 20, 2015

Neurontin (gabapentin) for : "I have peripheral neuropathy and it seems to help some. Leg still goes numb, but not as bad as it used to."

Anonymous August 19, 2015

For Pain: "Sadly no effect on my pain."

tea no sugar (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "I experienced severe back pain for more than 5 years with some relief with Naproxen and chiropractic care. I finally retired because I could no longer cope with the pain. After going to a Sport and Spine practice they finally diagnosed me with subcostal and intercostal nerve pain in my right rib cage and put me on gabapentin; 300mg 2 times day. Within about 5 days the pain was gone. It does make me tired and I've gained a couple of pounds after being on it a month, but the benefits outweigh the side effects. It's been a miracle drug for me after suffering so long."

Regina in Northern Virginia August 18, 2015

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I've had hip surgery which had alot of damage on my nerves and now MS. The Dr wants me to try 100mg a day and I've just started 3 days ago so I'm not sure if it's really working yet. I am hoping it does but I do not think that 100mg 1x a day is going to do it. He wants me to try this dose for 2 weeks and see how it works out but I'm not to sure it is. Yesterday I had pain so bad in my legs and feet I couldn't even walk at all it's horrible especially when u have a 10 year old and an 11 month old u can not be down in bed not even for 10 mins during the day. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same dosage at first."

Lilmee (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I was disabled by hot flushes. 3 an hour at night. I was in a constant state of anxiety and frustration.Black Cohosh worked for around 6 months, but the body must build up resistance to it and so I was back to square one. My hot flushes interrupted everything I did. A feeling of panic each time they rose from my chest and into my face. It felt like my head was being micowaved. In total resignation I went to see my GP last week - about to say 'that's enough, lets try the HRT'. I saw a young Locum female GP. She was so lovely and mentioned Gabapentin. 3 x 100mg each day. Within 48hrs I was flush free! I'm not kidding. I feel like I have just recovered from years of illness. A new and happy person! They work. Try them!! :-)"

Little Sue (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Pain: "After 3 weeks of excruciating sciatic pain, due to herniated disc at L5-S1, I was prescribed Gabapentin. I was scared about the side effects so I only took a third of my daily dose, alongside naproxen and codeine. I noticed a change in my mood, very tearful and low also. The pain got worse, so I gave in, took the gabapentin as prescribed, continued with codeine and naproxen and then the pain became manageable within 3 weeks. I'm no longer on any drugs now apart from Gabapentin. My mood is better and I am sleeping better. The pain hits me when I walk for 5 minutes, especially going up a hill. Or when I sit/stand for too long. But my quality of life has improved with gabapentin. I am having surgery next week as the disc herniation is large."

GEM77 August 16, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "I got prescribed Neurontin(gabopentin) back last year for nerve pain due to a damaged sciatic nerve from an epidural gone wrong, however I have also noticed that it helps with my seizures as well, and I strained my lower back, and had to go to the ER but got out and took some Neurontin and I have hardly any pain now while I recooperate and the only side effect is that it makes me slow and sleepy. I have been nodding off a lot, but I slept awesomely last night and barely even budged. I also take Wellbutrin and Buspirone as well, for anxiety and depression."

Salem Rose August 13, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I'm a transwoman who after 2+ years on estradiol was taken off it "cold turkey" after having a mini-stroke. The hospital doctors figured that the estradiol had contributed to my mini-stroke and took me off it rather abruptly. Within a week of quitting the estradiol I started having terrible hot flashes that would last 15-20 minutes followed by icy cold spells that lasted 5-10 minutes , I was fairly certain I was dying ! My ob/gyn prescribed Gabapentin 100 mg capsules once a day and within 2 weeks most of the hot flashes subsided. Now I get hot flashes once or twice a day rather than four to six times, I have to say my quality of life has improved considerably !"

shelli63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been hiv positive for 3 years when I asked my doctor if my hiv meds were actually giving me side effects of anxiety and panic attacks. I am taking truvada and isentress and although I am very happy with my meds, I really noticed that When I started the hiv meds, I become very anxious and paranoid of negative things happening in my daily life. I talked to my doctor and so he prescribed me a very low dosage of 100 milligrams 4 capsules a day of Gabapentin. I immediately noticed the effects within the first week. I am no longer paranoid, worrysome and anxious all the time. I'm very happy my doctor prescribed me this medicine. :)"

Nolongeranxious August 12, 2015

For Anxiety: "48 Year old, slipped disc last year in bed 14 weeks, managed to avoid surgery with spinal steroid injection (it worked!). Back to the point, was prescribed 3 x 300mg 4 times a day. Always had mood problems, always thought it was simply my genetics and just got on with it (as you do), never had the guts to see the doctor but my mood drastically improved after taking the gabapentin. My back is better now but after a chat with the doc he's kept me on 3x300mg/day. If I forget to take them its back to being miserable. Taking them is the difference between day and night and works almost instantly like a switch. I'm in awe of them, thank you whoever made them."

MartinMclaren August 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since I was 19 really bad I wss on every benzodiazepine know to man now I take 800 mg gaba a day for long time my panic disorder is really bad but im telling you the gaba will help god bless people with panic disorder I know how it feels Susan"

panic city August 10, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am 34 years old and have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks since the age of seven. I was prescribed this medication for severy pinched nerves in my lower back. I immediately noticed a difference in my mood and panic attacks and anxiety disappeared. I see the word with news eyes. It's like being in meditation when awake."

Got My Life Back August 6, 2015

For Pain: "Knocked me out to sleep the 1st 2-3 nights i took it, at 300mg. As the weeks increased as did my dosage of 300mg up per weeek til i reached 1,800 mg. 2 in morning, 4 at bedtime... No way coukd i sleep. My mind constantly racing. Can't be having that......"

Java2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "So far so good limited side effects."

Joeb76030 August 2, 2015