User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 292 medications

Small Fiber Neuropathy 2 reviews 0 medications

2.3
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 965 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Gabapentin

For : "Having balance dizziness problem"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

For Pain: "Works fantastic! I have a bulged disc along with sciatica.Also I have nerve damage in my neck and shoulder. It helps greatly reduce the pain, and allows me much more mobility."

D1111D April 26, 2016

For Pain: "Very bad pain both of my sides and lower back.. I had dry mouth all night. . No matter what I took for dry mouth. . I was taking this drug for back pain.. once I started using it my pain increase 10 fold.."

Bcairo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have neuropathy from chemotherapy treatment . The neuropathy is so bad that I can barely walk. I started this medication about 3 weeks ago. At this time it has done nothing for me. I am taking 100 milligrams three times a day."

Anonymous April 23, 2016

For Pain: "Old lower back injury that flares up every few years. New doc prescribed gabapentin, 100mg, 1 or 2 tablets depending on pain level. Gabapentin made me nauseous, anxious, and totally decreased my ability to think coherently. That was only one pill. I don't know how anyone can function on this. Awful!"

Able1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "My Anxiety and panic attacks were so bad I had a hard time leaving the house, I still take Xanax and clonazapan, but with Gabapentin added it really made a difference. Im able to go out and shop with no problems now, first time in years I was able to drive into the big city."

sambaluk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "I could no longer tolerate Requip for my RLS, so my NP put me on gabapentum. Gabapentum nearly halted the RLS totally but also caused my peripheral neuropathy to diminish greatly. Another doctor said that result would be expected. Getting only 4 hours of sleep before I get up for some coffee. Two hours later—about dawn—I can get another hour of sleep easily. (Another hour of nap after lunch). So I can't speak to sleeplessness, as I'm taking a bunch of other medications (stent installed)."

Wolfeboronian April 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "Helps very well for my generalized anxiety. I take 800mg 3 times per day. Seems to stabilize my mood. Only side effect is problems with ejaculation."

Jk1022 April 21, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had bad rls. It went up my arms and down my legs .I am on lamictal 300mg once a day and trazodone 50mg at night. The trazodone seemed to make it worse. Mirapex did nothing to help the restlessness . As soon as I was prescribed neurontin, I felt better. 300mg x5 a day. I would recommend this drug for anyone with rls."

SamanthaK (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "The only thing available that works for me."

Nobolts April 19, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "A month and 53 days ago I had a case of the Shingles. Two weeks after the Shingle rash started to go away I experienced sharp stabbing nerve pains at the main Shingle sight. I was put on Gralise (gabapentin) by my Neurologist moving from 600 to now 2400 mg at night. I have found very little relief so far other than the stabbing pains are not so severe. I was told it could take 60 days or more to work. I have had no side affects from using this drug at this level."

Mayr6000 April 18, 2016

For Anxiety: "I went to a neurologist for nerves...like a live wire that started buzzing in my body 24/7. It wasn't painful, but annoying and concerning since it started up one day and it's been over a year. I'm getting testing done to rule out any physiological issues, but in the meantime, my doctor prescribed me Gabapentin 300 mg, 3x/day. Wow! I love this drug. I'm calmer, happier, and also have an increased sex drive. Works great for anxiety too. Didn't do much for my insomnia. Time seems to stand still though which is strange, but I don't mind. I can tell when I need another dose to calm my 'buzzing' feeling as it wears off after about 4 hours. My appetite was not affected and I did not gain weight."

Happy Janice (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I've been on it for almost two weeks... started the day after I found out I had Shingles, so probably three or four days into developing Shingles. It does not seem to be helping with the pain I have in the immediate area of my Shingles (entire left torso), but it has seemed to lessen the neuralgia I was experiencing higher up in my body due to the Shingles infection, namely the trigeminal neuralgia. I'll probably be on it for a while and my hope is that it prevents or at least lessens any chronic or ongoing pain post-infection. I was told it would."

gbateman April 15, 2016

For Insomnia: "As I understand gabapentin, it was originally used to treat seizures but helps to keep you asleep but not necessarily, put you to sleep. My doctor is very wise but also very conservative but felt it is a rather benign drug so added it to my ambien. The combo has been very effective in giving me a full nights sleep. I live in Washington state so was encouraged by my naturopath to try medical marijuana. I take a capsule with THC only (no CBD as its about $5/pill) and it has been a Godsend with no discernible side effects. I sleep like a baby. I still add about 200 mg gaba to keep me asleep. My only problem with gaba is I have blurred vision the next day. I understand from the fine print that this can be a side effect."

Kekoa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2016

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Have been on this for over a month and each increase by my doctor provides no relief whatsoever. The last increase has resulted in severe dizziness, light-headedness, memory loss and forgetfulness, fatigue, racing thoughts during sleep, inability to sleep more than a few hours, and most importantly, no effect on the severe pain from postherpetic neuralgia. I will not be accepting another increase from the doctor, the side effects are intolerable, not to mention the side effects of weaning off this ineffective drug that I have yet to suffer."

nonname April 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been taking gabapentin...for awhile now. Me & my husband both. And it works wonders with our depression, anxiety. It also keeps us from craving drugs or alcohol. It helps with my social anxiety as well. We think its a miracle drug. As far as we're concerned."

LeeLa38 April 14, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I took Lyrica for 10 years until the copay went to $100. So I began Gabapentin at 100 mg twice daily. It helped with the pain, but not enough. My Dr. increased the dose to 200 mgs twice daily, and I began having the following side effects after only 2 days: cold symptoms, bloated feeling, constipation, cough with mucus, excess gas in the stomach, excessive eye tearing, feeling dizzy and lightheaded, indigestion, passing gas (a lot, plus, stomach pain from it), runny nose, tender glands in the neck, headache, bad taste (like eggs). I'm back to 100 mgs and the side effects are going away, but pain has increased again."

slscts (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking gabapentin 300 mg for 2 nights and I've slept like a baby No side effects in the morning."

Camii (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "50 mg of Gabapentin takes cares of my hot flashes at night. I don't get them during the day, thank goodness."

Karen41116 April 11, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "I have been experiencing hot flashes for about a year now.I was prescribed Gabapentin 300mg for neck herniation/nerve pain and I figured out it was also helping with night sweats. It has been a huge help at night and I have been able to sleep. I recommend giving it a try!!"

Dobieluver April 11, 2016

For Anxiety: "Battled with anxiety and depression for almost 30 years now. Was on Xanax but got addicted to it and ended up in hospital recently. Tapered me off the Xanax and gave me Gabapentin 600mgs twice a day. Started seeing a difference in a few days, amazing. Works better on my anxiety than any benzo that I have been on. And I have been on most of them at one point or another. I wake up in a good mood. The only drawback that I have is that the morning dose makes me sleepy til about 11an but that is it. But I am not complaining because I would rather be sleepy than anxious and depressed."

Jeep90 April 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "just took this for the first time.. I am used to taking Ambien and my new doctor wouldn't prescribe that. took it about 2 hours ago when I got off work. It is now past 4am and I am still sleepless, the only thing I feel is a little bit of reflux and my throat feels a little swollen."

faith the sleepless April 10, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "Diagnosed with sciatica , and confirmed via MRI. Took Gabapentin for over 1 month, starting with 100 mg 3x daily, then titrating up to 600 mg 3x daily. It didn't work at all for me. Had to take Advil 3 capsules 3x daily, which worked on alleving the pain, but the Advil started to affect my kidneys. Doctor is prescribing another med to try next."

Pina's Sis April 9, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Withdrawal bad when trying to stop medication. Works great for my fibro, also helps my anxiety but gained 50 pounds while taking it."

Boohoo123! $_ April 8, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Was having horrible and excruciating pain in my feet due to Type 2 diabetes that was recently diagnosed. 300 mg at night has allowed me to now sleep at night without foot pain and get a good night's rest."

Buck61 April 8, 2016