User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 294 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 181 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pudendal Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 704 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Anxiety: "I am about to start this tomorrow. i found this page and am thinking how rare it is to see so much positive feedback compared to other things i've researched. I hope it helps me. the ssri's have always made things worse and i gave up long ago. Only reason I am trying this is b/c nothing will control my blood pressure and the cardiologist thinks the roots are in anxiety/panic. Ten years of my life have been limited and like a prison. I see encouragement here. I have tried to avoid any medication, but I am getting older now and have to give it another shot. I finally found a dr that seemed to understand and not treat me like a nut case. Generally, going to any dr's office is an ordeal for me and in full blown panic"

Roe B June 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take Gabapentin along with Prazosin and the Gabapentin does not work. I take 600mg of Gabapentin and 2mg of Prazosin. Now my Dr is going to have to take me off of Gabapentin and put me on something else."

Brenda Strothers June 29, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Lamictal gabapentin and brintillix combo has really helped my Bipolar 2. Gabapentin is calming and the blurred vision goes away after a week or 2"

bboo June 29, 2015

For Pain: "Took one 300mg pill 1 hour before bed last night (around 10pm) and have been regretting it ever since. Did not sleep due to vivid dreams (3D Alice in Wonderland type). Extremely irritable, mood swings every 5 minutes, groggy, eating non-stop since last night. To top it all off my pain is still here. Dr prescibed this to me for pain in my knees, legs, feet, (can barely walk without holding on to something), arms, wrists, and hands (hurt so much I'm unable to grasp anything with my right hand). Been taking Norco 5/325 2x a day for the past 2 years for left shoulder pain due to a car accident which worked well for that, but like any other medication you take for a long period of time it stopped working. I will not try this again. Best of luck."

G9 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "After a nightmare of narcotic meds for my fibro I was put on 900mg a day of gabapentin. It didn't work right away, and I wanted to stop taking it. My doctor explained that it sometimes works like an anti depressant can: slowly. She told me to keep at it. Slowly I began to realize that I felt way better! My pain had eased, my sleep was more regular. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. It it is such a mild medicine and one I thank God for everyday. I am at a 1200mg a day dose and will probably increase that slowly as the need arises. I encourage anyone with fibromyalgia to try this med. It may not be narcotic, but it helps!! And thats all that matters."

Pearlee214 June 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I just started 400 mg a day its only day two but my first night sleep was amazing the deepest sleep I've ever had woke up groggy and not feeling up to much but I got better thru the day and now I've read comments saying other people felt loopy and groggy first couple weeks so I hope it dose even out"

HLC420 June 26, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been trough a lot of trauma, lost my family, just had a baby and now looking forward to a Euro-trip. This drug is a life-saver, after trying a lot. Makes me feel good, lot less anxiety and safe to take it while taking care of my daughter. You found the right one! ;-)"

Kisfust June 20, 2015

For Migraine: "I've had headaches since I was 6 years old. Cluster headaches almost every single day. Migraines once or twice a week. I went to so many doctors, went through so many scans, and tests that I actually learned to read MRI sheets before I was a teenager. Apparently there's nothing physically wrong. So I went to PT, and chiropractors and they only helped a bit. At 14 I was old enough to start taking the harsher pills. Most turned me into a zombie. And I've only stuck with two in the end. I have just started having hand joint pains, and possible carpal tunnel, so I was put on a very high dose of Gabapentin. Two days later, headaches were gone. No rhyme or reason. Poof. It makes zero sense, but it's a miracle drug. 100/10 would refer to anyone"

Raenef June 18, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking Gabapentin for about 3 months. It has decreased my pain tremendously. I take 600mg twice a day for Fibromyalgia. But some of the side effects are bothersome. If I take it on an empty stomach I am ok. But if I eat with in 5 hours of taking it I become dizzy and feel drunk. Because of my family and work obligations some times I have to skip a dose so I can function properly. Also I have trouble with my memory. I am a huge trivia buff but right now it is hard for me to remember anything, I have not put on much weight but it does seem that after I take a dose and eat then I am hungry and can not get full. So I have to choose, pain and no side effects or no pain and feeling and acting drunk. I choose no pain."

Derfleederdeeder June 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I suffer from panic attacks that have been occurring for the last four years, the had me on a medication regiment of Xanax, two mgs four times a day and Clonazepam 1mg two times a day, and I in turn became dependant on those. So for the last month I tapered myself off of the Xanax and Clonazepam and was subsequently put on Gapapentin and I have to say I've never felt better. This medication has been the only thing that has helped as much as the better than Benzo's. I must say this medication really is a miracle anxiety drug. Nothing has EVER worked like this and I shoud add I've tryed over 30 medications to stop my severe anxiety, I hope this helps at least one person."

Wikid June 18, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I am 49 and been suffering with fibromyalgia for years. I have been disabled because of it. Six weeks ago I had the worst flare up in years and the pain was so overwhelming I barely left the house. I got a new doctor who gave me Gabapentin and started me out on the lowest dose possible. I had never heard of it but assumed because of the low dose, 100 mg to start with it would take a while to feel any effects. I woke up the next morning almost pain free. I felt like I won the lottery. I don't understand what or why it worked so fast but I thank God for it. I do have drowsiness but it's well worth it. I have had some pain some then and am still building up my dosage but my quality of life has improved drastically in just a few days."

NinaRenee June 10, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have had peripheral neuropathy and restless legs for over ten years. I take 100 mg of gabapentin before bed. It worked wonders for my RLS for many years, but I may soon need to increase the dose somewhat. It has not had any apparent effect on my neuropathy."

Chattanooga Man (taken for 10 years or more) June 9, 2015

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Was prescribed Gabapentin for Neuropathy from Type 2 diabetes. Developed swelling of feet and ankles, but did not help the "numbness" of my feet and ankles. Praying for something that would help with the numbness without the swelling occurring!"

Hokies June 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed gabapentin for sleep 200 mg. This is my first week giving it a go, I will post back after one week. I have been ulta sensitive to other given, I am hopeful this one will work. My sister takes it for nerve pain with success..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

For Migraine: "I started having migraine headaches when I was 14. The first time I had one, I was sitting in Biology class and could not see the faces of other students around me. I was terrified and had a panic attack. The school nurse thought I was on drugs and called my mother who immediately took me to a doctor. The migraines continued through out my life and caused me difficulty in my employment. I am a solo practitioner lawyer. When I would get one in court, I could not see, speak or think. Obviously, I had migraines with an aura. My family doctor only treated the pain, but finally I went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed Gabapentin and Lexapro. My migraines stopped completely. It has been seven months now and I am migraine free."

dvl June 6, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "After just a week, it started to exacerbate my restless leg. It got so bad even homeopathics wouldn't work!"

Davies444 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Was placed on Requip. It was somewhat effective with breakthroughs. A neurologist ordered Gabapentin, 1a day for a week, then two a day. Complete relief, thank God."

Mygrey June 5, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "Gabapentin has been great for reducing my hot flashes! I was prescribed this medication after chemotherapy for nerve pain. It stop the nerve pain in my hands and feet. It also helped with restless leg syndrome."

Ernestine Jane June 5, 2015

For Small Fiber Neuropathy: "Symptoms of my Small Fiber are burning, prickling and deep pain in extremities. Gabapentin felt like it worked for the first few days. But then needed to be upped to the next dose after about 5 days. Then the cycle continued. some relief, then needed to be upped again. In my case i found my body built up a tolerance too quickly. Was up to 3000mg and experience no relief at all. Its very hit or miss when it comes to small fiber neuropathy."

ptrac30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I kept thinking it was a quirk or just me well it works. If i miss my nightly doss I have a Night of hot, cold. Hot, cold all night."

sherry m star June 2, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "excellent for alcohol withdrawals and also for abstaining from alcohol as far as I'm concerned though it does not help me sleep better... maybe I'm just too hyper active"

uddergutter (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Insomnia: "A TRIPLE-CROWN WINNER! First, this wonder drug eliminated my chronic migraines. Second, it has done wonders for mild insomnia. By "mild" I mean go to sleep fast, but wake up in a couple of hours staring at the ceiling. This cycle repeats several times a night. Gabapentin eliminated that problem. Now with only 200 mg before bedtime, I sleep all the way through the night! It also has the added benefit of helping nerve pain in my neck. I take Gab with prescription Advil (for arthritis in neck) when the pain is at a high level and the combo really helps bring down the intensity of the pain to a manageable level. Added bonus? Absolutely NO side effects. :)"

biscotti (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

For Migraine: "I have been having chronic migraines for 5 years now and probably 50 other prescriptions wrote for me and finally gabapentin is like a miracle for me.My migraines were 24/7 with tension in shoulders and neck. Felt little tired and strange first day but great relief now. My doctor and neurologist all but gave up on me and was filling pretty depressed. Thank you gabapentin!!!!!"

shmo May 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been on Gabapentin for about 2 years. I had severe anxiety and tried Amitriptyline and Citalopram without success. I take 3 x 300mg Gabapentin a day and my anxiety has certainly decreased quite significantly. I still have the occasional 'black cloud' day, but I can honestly say these tablets have definately tsken the edge off it. I sleep better, have not gained weight and do not feel like a zombie. For me, Gabapentin has been a good alternative to usual antidepressants."

Jane68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "Great medication. I acquired RLS from abrupt discontinuation of benzodiazepines, and this has been the only thing that helps. Ambien on its own doesn't put me to sleep, but 5mg in conjunction with 400mg of neurontin helps me so much. I've had insomnia almost every night for the past 2 months, and I am so glad my doctor prescribed me this!!!"

pulledover May 23, 2015