User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 44 reviews 111 medications

8.1
COPD, Maintenance 8 reviews 37 medications

6.5
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 52 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Advair Diskus

"I've had taken Advair for asthma. I have to say it has been a blessing. You must drink a glass of water when taking your dosage "not Juice" juice will upset your stomach . plus the nasty feeling in your mouth will go away and it will do the job even quicker. So I give Advair 5 stars, just remember to follow your dosage with water otherwise yucky yucky taste and upset stomach."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

For COPD, Maintenance "Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did."

watzknew September 14, 2010

For COPD, Maintenance "I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook."

hopeful57 July 24, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "This was the only medicine that I've tried that has completely controlled my asthma. I can't even remember the last time I experienced an attack. I am able to run for miles without any breathing problems."

Anonymous May 12, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "If Advair is causing side effects in your mouth and throat, TRY RINSING AND GARGLING WITH SALT WATER immediately after using Advair. This simple process has made Advair tolerable. And like my doctor says, "You must breathe". "

Anonymous May 4, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Advair for about 5 years. When I first noticed my wheezing and coughing, I thought I had a cold, But the doctor said it is bronchial asthma. He started with Prednisone and Advair. I soon felt better I stopped the Prednisone and I am on Advair 250/50 since. Recently I was advised to see a Chiropractor he promised to help take me off all medications and I will be okay. What a mistake? In order for him to do this I had to stop my Advair, because he said he can't fight with it, I must first stop taking it. The end result was that I spent about $400.00 for twice a week visits. I saw no results on the contrary my wheezing came back full force with the tightness of my chest I had to start all over again with the medications."

Ell Emm March 3, 2010

"I want to express that the throat cough is harsh and sometimes leaves your muscles sore. This is the main drawback for me."

Anonymous February 6, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "Seems to be helping. Still cough a lot."

Da Pig February 5, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "My daughter went on Advair when she was 10 to control exercise and seasonal allergy induced asthma. She developed severe stomach aches (daily) and became lactose intolerant after several months. After allergy season she was taken off the Advair. She went to a gastroenterologist for almost a year to clear up the stomach aches. She did not use Advair during that time. When the stomach problem was cleared up the lactose intolerance disappeared as well. The next allergy season she was put on Advair and almost immediately developed stomach aches and lactose intolerance. She stopped using the Advair and the stomach issues and lactose intolerance disappeared. The doctors find no correlation......?"

lactose intolerance from advair November 18, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Advair for about 4 or 5 months. It has made a big difference in my life. I am not wheezing anymore or tight chested. My voice gets hoarse sometimes, not as bad as when I was on other medications."

AMYLCJ November 4, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "Advair gave me hypertension."

Anonymous October 31, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "My doctor switched me to Advair 3 1/2 years ago. My wheezing and coughing has stopped! I have resumed a "normal" living style with exercise and outdoor activities. This is great considering my outdoor lifestyle was my asthma trigger. I have had none of the side effects listed for this product."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have use Advair 500/50 for a little over three years. It has helped control the Asthma, but there are some side effects. I don't have much taste sensation anymore, my throat feels raw, and I cough from the throat which I don't remember doing before, and I lose my voice. This dosage is too much after awhile, I get the shakes and feel week, sometimes have terrible headaches. I have tried using 500/50 in the mornings and 250/50 at night. That is only good for a short while. I need something between these two."

dandydan September 9, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have used this inhaler for several years (250 mg) and I think it is great."

Anonymous August 23, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "Advair helped me breathe better for the first 2-3 days. Then my chest would start tightening within an hour of when I was to take it. It seemed that my dependence was growing. Between that and the panic attacks, I've discontinued Advair and gone back to Ventolin HFA."

S. White July 23, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "After a couple of days using Advair my mouth has become sensitive. I like hot foods but now, just a drop of Tabasco makes my entire mouth burn. "

lardar May 24, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "One downside is that it appears to cause coughing at the throat. Overall, breathing is always easier when regularly on Advair."

Anonymous May 20, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "Haven't had one asthma attack since I've been on this medication and usually I get really bad attacks."

Anonymous April 27, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "After years of asthma I actually have thrown away full expired bottles of my fast acting inhaler because I DON'T NEED THEM NOW THAT I HAVE ADVAIR. I tried to stop it once and noticed the difference, one dose first thing in the morning and I am good for the whole day."

Anonymous February 19, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "As I get older my asthma worsens which I know is not usual but in my case it is. Advair has been a blessing."

Anonymous February 18, 2009

For COPD, Maintenance "I question the amount of powder that actually makes it into the lungs, what with the mouth, tongue and throat being wet."

roberttweet February 8, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "In 3 days Advair made me sick. I had heartburn, which I have never had. I thought I was having a heart attack until I read some internet posts confirming that heartburn is a side effect of Advair. Had trouble getting food down, it seems to be getting stuck and had chest constriction and GERD. I am discontinuing the medication pending a chat with the doctor."

boochie February 8, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "It did stop the asthma, but it took some of the color from my teeth. I also gained weight. I'm off of it and back on Intal."

Anonymous December 9, 2008

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been on Advair Diskus for only 2 days and already I feel like I have much more energy, and I don't wheeze like I used too. Haven't had to have my inhaler in 2 days either. Time will tell lets hope I have found something that works and I can get back to a normal lifestyle."

Anonymous July 21, 2008

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have used Advair for the last two years and have been asthma free since then."

j1esprit July 15, 2008