User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 39 reviews 111 medications

8.2
COPD, Maintenance 8 reviews 36 medications

6.9
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 47 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Advair Diskus

Review by Ell Emm:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using Advair for about 5 years. When I first noticed my wheezing and coughing, I thought I had a cold, But the doctor said it is bronchial asthma. He started with Prednisone and Advair. I soon felt better I stopped the Prednisone and I am on Advair 250/50 since. Recently I was advised to see a Chiropractor he promised to help take me off all medications and I will be okay. What a mistake? In order for him to do this I had to stop my Advair, because he said he can't fight with it, I must first stop taking it. The end result was that I spent about $400.00 for twice a week visits. I saw no results on the contrary my wheezing came back full force with the tightness of my chest I had to start all over again with the medications.

March 3, 2010 1:55 PM

I want to express that the throat cough is harsh and sometimes leaves your muscles sore. This is the main drawback for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2010 4:17 PM

Review by Da Pig:

For Asthma, Maintenance: Seems to be helping. Still cough a lot.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2010 10:39 PM

Review by lactose intolerance from advair:

For Asthma, Maintenance: My daughter went on Advair when she was 10 to control exercise and seasonal allergy induced asthma. She developed severe stomach aches (daily) and became lactose intolerant after several months. After allergy season she was taken off the Advair. She went to a gastroenterologist for almost a year to clear up the stomach aches. She did not use Advair during that time. When the stomach problem was cleared up the lactose intolerance disappeared as well. The next allergy season she was put on Advair and almost immediately developed stomach aches and lactose intolerance. She stopped using the Advair and the stomach issues and lactose intolerance disappeared. The doctors find no correlation......?

November 18, 2009 8:22 AM

Review by AMYLCJ:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using Advair for about 4 or 5 months. It has made a big difference in my life. I am not wheezing anymore or tight chested. My voice gets hoarse sometimes, not as bad as when I was on other medications.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2009 11:32 AM

For Asthma, Maintenance: Advair gave me hypertension.

October 31, 2009 7:49 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: My doctor switched me to Advair 3 1/2 years ago. My wheezing and coughing has stopped! I have resumed a "normal" living style with exercise and outdoor activities. This is great considering my outdoor lifestyle was my asthma trigger. I have had none of the side effects listed for this product.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2009 11:35 AM

Review by dandydan:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have use Advair 500/50 for a little over three years. It has helped control the Asthma, but there are some side effects. I don't have much taste sensation anymore, my throat feels raw, and I cough from the throat which I don't remember doing before, and I lose my voice. This dosage is too much after awhile, I get the shakes and feel week, sometimes have terrible headaches. I have tried using 500/50 in the mornings and 250/50 at night. That is only good for a short while. I need something between these two.

September 9, 2009 7:46 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have used this inhaler for several years (250 mg) and I think it is great.

August 23, 2009 9:38 PM

Review by S. White:

For Asthma, Maintenance: Advair helped me breathe better for the first 2-3 days. Then my chest would start tightening within an hour of when I was to take it. It seemed that my dependence was growing. Between that and the panic attacks, I've discontinued Advair and gone back to Ventolin HFA.

July 23, 2009 2:41 PM

Review by lardar:

For Asthma, Maintenance: After a couple of days using Advair my mouth has become sensitive. I like hot foods but now, just a drop of Tabasco makes my entire mouth burn.

May 24, 2009 12:15 AM

For Asthma, Maintenance: One downside is that it appears to cause coughing at the throat. Overall, breathing is always easier when regularly on Advair.

May 20, 2009 4:39 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: Haven't had one asthma attack since I've been on this medication and usually I get really bad attacks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2009 3:18 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: After years of asthma I actually have thrown away full expired bottles of my fast acting inhaler because I DON'T NEED THEM NOW THAT I HAVE ADVAIR. I tried to stop it once and noticed the difference, one dose first thing in the morning and I am good for the whole day.

February 19, 2009 4:12 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: As I get older my asthma worsens which I know is not usual but in my case it is. Advair has been a blessing.

February 18, 2009 10:58 AM

Review by roberttweet:

For COPD, Maintenance: I question the amount of powder that actually makes it into the lungs, what with the mouth, tongue and throat being wet.

February 8, 2009 9:10 PM

Review by boochie:

For Asthma, Maintenance: In 3 days Advair made me sick. I had heartburn, which I have never had. I thought I was having a heart attack until I read some internet posts confirming that heartburn is a side effect of Advair. Had trouble getting food down, it seems to be getting stuck and had chest constriction and GERD. I am discontinuing the medication pending a chat with the doctor.

February 8, 2009 8:54 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: It did stop the asthma, but it took some of the color from my teeth. I also gained weight. I'm off of it and back on Intal.

December 9, 2008 12:37 AM

For COPD, Maintenance: I have been on Advair Diskus for only 2 days and already I feel like I have much more energy, and I don't wheeze like I used too. Haven't had to have my inhaler in 2 days either. Time will tell lets hope I have found something that works and I can get back to a normal lifestyle.

July 21, 2008 1:35 PM

Review by j1esprit:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I have used Advair for the last two years and have been asthma free since then.

July 15, 2008 12:57 AM

Review by Ange:

For Asthma, Maintenance: Before Advair I had to go to the hospital many times because my asthma would become very severe. Since I have been using Advair I have not been to the hospital in 3 years. My asthma has become very mild and I have never felt better. I have no side effects.

May 8, 2008 2:06 PM

For COPD, Maintenance: I love Advair. It stopped my chronic wheezing and has given me back my energy.

April 24, 2008 11:13 AM

Review by Aunt Bee:

For Asthma, Maintenance: Advair Diskus completly helped the weezing. I have a funny taste in my mouth and have terrible heartburn.

March 12, 2008 10:35 AM

For Asthma, Maintenance: No doubt that Advair was effective at clearing up my lungs so that I could breath (most important). However, I did have the noted side effect of nausea... so as far as eating is concerned, I dont enjoy eating (cant taste anything) while I am on this medication

March 11, 2008 6:08 PM

Review by lantbruk:

For Asthma, Maintenance: My lungs cleared up immediately after my first dose. No more hacking up sputum or rattling, squeaky lungs!

February 28, 2008 12:23 PM