User Reviews for Advair Diskus (Page 2)

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 53 reviews 116 medications

8.1
COPD, Maintenance 10 reviews 44 medications

6.7
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 63 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Advair Diskus

For Asthma, Maintenance "Has helped control my asthma, recently started 500/50 since I had another flare up. I don't need a rescue inhaler near as often. Do get thrush occasionally and a little sore throat. But it does keep my asthma attacks down a lot."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I give Advair 8 stars because it does what it's supposed to do. I have only had two asthma attacks since starting Advair almost a year ago. One was running without my inhaler. The second time was smoking. I took off two stars for side effects and use. I hate having to remember to take this twice a day. I usually forget. I also hate when I forget to wash my mouth out with water and get a little bit of thrush in my mouth."

LillyF (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "Made my asthma so much better."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

For COPD, Maintenance "Advair helps me to breathe, bottom line. I rated it an 8 only because of the side effect of heartburn, which can be almost intolerable at times. I can find something to relieve that discomfort! I don't really have much of an appetite (see as a good thing for maintaining blood sugar levels and weight). I am using in conjunction with another once a day inhaler. I feel better and clearer than I have in years!"

Ayo65 February 21, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I don't know about others, but this is a god send to me. I have very, very bad asthma. Walking up a few stairs can wind me, as can walks (which I love doing), and exercising is extremely difficult. The pains from asthma problems can hurt quite a bit. I got on Advair and my dependency on my albuterol inhaler dropped from 2-3 times a day to maybe once a week. I was off of it for years because of insurance companies dropping it, and then not having insurance. I'm back on it now (after Primatene mist went off the market), and I'm doing great again. It hasn't kicked in to effect fully, but I can already feel its effects. The side effects can be bad for some people, but I'm a testament to how awesome it is."

Toni Goodman January 8, 2012

For COPD, Maintenance "I started taking Advair 50/500 about 2 years ago. I must say that I have noticed almost a complete turn around with my breathing problems which is wonderful. However, I am in the emergency room almost half of every month due to severe heartburn, gallbladder attacks, severe stomach, throat and esophagus pain. It is all due to the Advair. Have been on all the breathing medicines and Advair works the best. Just don't know if I can keep dealing with all these side effects."

blah36 November 29, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I used to be hospitalized at least every 6 months with my asthma problems as a child until my adolescence. I have tried EVERY inhaler and pill to help with the symptoms. Then I started Advair when I was 15. I am 24 now and I haven't been hospitalized in 10 years. The only problem I have is tachycardia."

Anonymous October 26, 2011

"I am 22 years old and have never had a problem with asthma until here in the past year. I was very active, ran, and played multiple sports, but that all came to a halt when my asthma symptoms began. My doctor put me on Advair. It has been a blessing. I can now run for miles and not have any problems breathing. I can enjoy life again. The only downfall to this medicine is dry mouth, but rinsing after each dose will reduce the dry mouth significantly."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been on Adviar for more than 2 years and have had no problems with it. My asthma developed because of my newly discovered allergy to cats and it has allowed me to keep my pets without any breathing issues. It did give me some heartburn at first but, since I was overweight, I lost 20 pounds and that seemed to do resolve the heartburn issue."

Chicago Inhaler May 25, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am giving it a 9 only because I have only been on it a few days. It works. I used to get so tired just doing my grocery shopping and have to sit 2 or 3 times during and feel like I can go for miles now. I do notice in the reviews the different ways people are using it. I was told after inhaling to rinse mouth thoroughly as the medicine can cause thrush. Anyway, I have a little chest tightness and get a bit of a headache at first but that goes away after about 30 minutes. "

dsgermick March 16, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "Love this medicine."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

"I've had taken Advair for asthma. I have to say it has been a blessing. You must drink a glass of water when taking your dosage "not Juice" juice will upset your stomach . plus the nasty feeling in your mouth will go away and it will do the job even quicker. So I give Advair 5 stars, just remember to follow your dosage with water otherwise yucky yucky taste and upset stomach."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

For COPD, Maintenance "Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did."

watzknew September 14, 2010

For COPD, Maintenance "I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook."

hopeful57 July 24, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "This was the only medicine that I've tried that has completely controlled my asthma. I can't even remember the last time I experienced an attack. I am able to run for miles without any breathing problems."

Anonymous May 12, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "If Advair is causing side effects in your mouth and throat, TRY RINSING AND GARGLING WITH SALT WATER immediately after using Advair. This simple process has made Advair tolerable. And like my doctor says, "You must breathe". "

Anonymous May 4, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Advair for about 5 years. When I first noticed my wheezing and coughing, I thought I had a cold, But the doctor said it is bronchial asthma. He started with Prednisone and Advair. I soon felt better I stopped the Prednisone and I am on Advair 250/50 since. Recently I was advised to see a Chiropractor he promised to help take me off all medications and I will be okay. What a mistake? In order for him to do this I had to stop my Advair, because he said he can't fight with it, I must first stop taking it. The end result was that I spent about $400.00 for twice a week visits. I saw no results on the contrary my wheezing came back full force with the tightness of my chest I had to start all over again with the medications."

Ell Emm March 3, 2010

"I want to express that the throat cough is harsh and sometimes leaves your muscles sore. This is the main drawback for me."

Anonymous February 6, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "Seems to be helping. Still cough a lot."

Da Pig February 5, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "My daughter went on Advair when she was 10 to control exercise and seasonal allergy induced asthma. She developed severe stomach aches (daily) and became lactose intolerant after several months. After allergy season she was taken off the Advair. She went to a gastroenterologist for almost a year to clear up the stomach aches. She did not use Advair during that time. When the stomach problem was cleared up the lactose intolerance disappeared as well. The next allergy season she was put on Advair and almost immediately developed stomach aches and lactose intolerance. She stopped using the Advair and the stomach issues and lactose intolerance disappeared. The doctors find no correlation......?"

lactose intolerance from advair November 18, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Advair for about 4 or 5 months. It has made a big difference in my life. I am not wheezing anymore or tight chested. My voice gets hoarse sometimes, not as bad as when I was on other medications."

AMYLCJ November 4, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "Advair gave me hypertension."

Anonymous October 31, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "My doctor switched me to Advair 3 1/2 years ago. My wheezing and coughing has stopped! I have resumed a "normal" living style with exercise and outdoor activities. This is great considering my outdoor lifestyle was my asthma trigger. I have had none of the side effects listed for this product."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have use Advair 500/50 for a little over three years. It has helped control the Asthma, but there are some side effects. I don't have much taste sensation anymore, my throat feels raw, and I cough from the throat which I don't remember doing before, and I lose my voice. This dosage is too much after awhile, I get the shakes and feel week, sometimes have terrible headaches. I have tried using 500/50 in the mornings and 250/50 at night. That is only good for a short while. I need something between these two."

dandydan September 9, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have used this inhaler for several years (250 mg) and I think it is great."

Anonymous August 23, 2009