User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 37 reviews 110 medications

8.2
COPD, Maintenance 8 reviews 36 medications

6.9
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 45 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Advair Diskus

Review by Laufer Gern (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Sometimes my Diskus goes to "0" and I don't see it because I take it in the early morning and at bedtime. I DO notice the difference in my breathing. Anytime I start to feel a 'heaviness' I suspect that I have run out and I check the number on the Discus - this is always the reason. I keep my reading glasses by my bed from now on, so I have not made that error since I figure this out. Advair has been a lifesaver for me. I think I have been on it for close to 20 years, not sure. I am putting this here for others who don't have their asthma under control. I have had nothing but good experiences with this medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 13, 2014 5:04 PM
Review by patty777 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: Just started this inhaler, Dr. only put me on it for a week. Then she will change me to another type with no powder. But I love the way I can breathe now. Its amazing to me, I CAN BREATHE.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 19, 2013 7:42 PM
Review by Babyg1rl: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have been fighting my doctors about Advair for about 4 years. About 1 year ago I got sick and I was using my Advair and I chose to stay on everyday. I was doing good then I stopped because I wanted to see if there was any difference, and oh my God, I realize a need Advair everyday. Moral of the story I take Advair everyday now and doing so much better.

May 28, 2013 12:52 PM
Review by Mrs. Nature Lover: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Been on 250/50 Advair for just over a year. It does great at preventing asthma attacks. I still have congestion & coughing. Despite rinsing my mouth & brushing my teeth after use of Advair, my voice has become quite hoarse within the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking of switching back to Symbicort. I took Asmanex before taking Symbicort but it wasn't sufficient to control my asthma.

April 8, 2013 8:12 PM
Review by SKBW (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Prescribed Advair Diskus (250/50) twice a day. My blood pressure was 130/80 when I started medicine, which is about the highest if has ever been. I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for 30 days. But luckily last night I had my blood pressure checked, it was 151/98-I was shocked! I have only been on the medicine 15 days. Advair probably helped me through my upper respiratory problems, but I think I should have been warned about this side effect.

February 20, 2013 9:14 AM
Review by Snoman 88: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I suffered from severe asthma from childhood till I was 50. Several attacks required hospitalization and I was on every medicine known to treat asthma over this time period including extended periods of prednisolone, rescue inhalers, plus theophyline, Alupent, etc. I started taking Advair in 2002 and since that time have had no attacks whatsoever. For the first 3 years I still carried my Albuterol inhaler but finally had the confidence to stop carrying them. A momentous day indeed and not without some trepidation. I have suffered no side effects at all and this medicine has been a life changer and potentially a life saver for me. I hope it can do the same for you. I never believed I would be rid of asthma but I am.

January 29, 2013 5:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I was on Advair for about five years and was able to breathe easily almost immediately after starting it. Before Advair, I used albuterol 6-10 times daily. I used to take the 500/50 Advair only once per day. Using it twice a day didn't make a difference in breathing, so that saved some money. I never had a thrush problem; actually, I never rinsed out my mouth at all. The reason I'm not using it any longer is the HUGE cost. My insurance is no longer covering it and I cannot afford over $300 for just one diskus. Am now taking Singular and am back using the albuterol rescue inhaler 6-7 times a day.

October 1, 2012 3:06 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Has helped control my asthma, recently started 500/50 since I had another flare up. I don't need a rescue inhaler near as often. Do get thrush occasionally and a little sore throat. But it does keep my asthma attacks down a lot.

May 9, 2012 3:24 PM
Review by LillyF (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I give Advair 8 stars because it does what it's supposed to do. I have only had two asthma attacks since starting Advair almost a year ago. One was running without my inhaler. The second time was smoking. I took off two stars for side effects and use. I hate having to remember to take this twice a day. I usually forget. I also hate when I forget to wash my mouth out with water and get a little bit of thrush in my mouth.

May 1, 2012 11:13 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Made my asthma so much better.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2012 3:58 PM
Review by Ayo65: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: Advair helps me to breathe, bottom line. I rated it an 8 only because of the side effect of heartburn, which can be almost intolerable at times. I can find something to relieve that discomfort! I don't really have much of an appetite (see as a good thing for maintaining blood sugar levels and weight). I am using in conjunction with another once a day inhaler. I feel better and clearer than I have in years!

February 21, 2012 2:03 PM
Review by Toni Goodman: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I don't know about others, but this is a god send to me. I have very, very bad asthma. Walking up a few stairs can wind me, as can walks (which I love doing), and exercising is extremely difficult. The pains from asthma problems can hurt quite a bit. I got on Advair and my dependency on my albuterol inhaler dropped from 2-3 times a day to maybe once a week. I was off of it for years because of insurance companies dropping it, and then not having insurance. I'm back on it now (after Primatene mist went off the market), and I'm doing great again. It hasn't kicked in to effect fully, but I can already feel its effects. The side effects can be bad for some people, but I'm a testament to how awesome it is.

January 8, 2012 4:03 AM
Review by blah36: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: I started taking Advair 50/500 about 2 years ago. I must say that I have noticed almost a complete turn around with my breathing problems which is wonderful. However, I am in the emergency room almost half of every month due to severe heartburn, gallbladder attacks, severe stomach, throat and esophagus pain. It is all due to the Advair. Have been on all the breathing medicines and Advair works the best. Just don't know if I can keep dealing with all these side effects.

November 29, 2011 10:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I used to be hospitalized at least every 6 months with my asthma problems as a child until my adolescence. I have tried EVERY inhaler and pill to help with the symptoms. Then I started Advair when I was 15. I am 24 now and I haven't been hospitalized in 10 years. The only problem I have is tachycardia.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2011 5:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol): I am 22 years old and have never had a problem with asthma until here in the past year. I was very active, ran, and played multiple sports, but that all came to a halt when my asthma symptoms began. My doctor put me on Advair. It has been a blessing. I can now run for miles and not have any problems breathing. I can enjoy life again. The only downfall to this medicine is dry mouth, but rinsing after each dose will reduce the dry mouth significantly.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 5, 2011 10:34 AM
Review by Chicago Inhaler: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I've been on Adviar for more than 2 years and have had no problems with it. My asthma developed because of my newly discovered allergy to cats and it has allowed me to keep my pets without any breathing issues. It did give me some heartburn at first but, since I was overweight, I lost 20 pounds and that seemed to do resolve the heartburn issue.

May 25, 2011 1:33 PM
Review by dsgermick: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I am giving it a 9 only because I have only been on it a few days. It works. I used to get so tired just doing my grocery shopping and have to sit 2 or 3 times during and feel like I can go for miles now. I do notice in the reviews the different ways people are using it. I was told after inhaling to rinse mouth thoroughly as the medicine can cause thrush. Anyway, I have a little chest tightness and get a bit of a headache at first but that goes away after about 30 minutes.

March 16, 2011 9:18 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Love this medicine.

February 28, 2011 11:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol): I've had taken Advair for asthma. I have to say it has been a blessing. You must drink a glass of water when taking your dosage "not Juice" juice will upset your stomach . plus the nasty feeling in your mouth will go away and it will do the job even quicker. So I give Advair 5 stars, just remember to follow your dosage with water otherwise yucky yucky taste and upset stomach.

February 28, 2011 11:46 AM
Review by watzknew: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did.

September 14, 2010 11:10 AM
Review by hopeful57: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for COPD, Maintenance: I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook.

July 24, 2010 10:46 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: This was the only medicine that I've tried that has completely controlled my asthma. I can't even remember the last time I experienced an attack. I am able to run for miles without any breathing problems.

May 12, 2010 1:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: If Advair is causing side effects in your mouth and throat, TRY RINSING AND GARGLING WITH SALT WATER immediately after using Advair. This simple process has made Advair tolerable. And like my doctor says, "You must breathe".

May 4, 2010 1:28 AM
Review by Ell Emm:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have been using Advair for about 5 years. When I first noticed my wheezing and coughing, I thought I had a cold, But the doctor said it is bronchial asthma. He started with Prednisone and Advair. I soon felt better I stopped the Prednisone and I am on Advair 250/50 since. Recently I was advised to see a Chiropractor he promised to help take me off all medications and I will be okay. What a mistake? In order for him to do this I had to stop my Advair, because he said he can't fight with it, I must first stop taking it. The end result was that I spent about $400.00 for twice a week visits. I saw no results on the contrary my wheezing came back full force with the tightness of my chest I had to start all over again with the medications.

March 3, 2010 1:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol): I want to express that the throat cough is harsh and sometimes leaves your muscles sore. This is the main drawback for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate