Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, TriNessa Lo

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 62 reviews 499 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 906 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Review by Steph13: User Rating:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Tri-Previfem for 3 months now and it's been quite the whirlwind. Firstly, my periods are so much better, my cramps are non-existent, and my menstrual cycle is punctual. Additionally, my insurance covers all of it so its absolutely free. Although this may sound like a miracle period medicine it certainly has its cons (for me). I've become extremely sensitive and needy. As a nursing student life is stressful and lonely enough to deal with, this medicine has amplified my stress, anxiety, and depression. I never thought I would be one of the unfortunate ones to experience the ugly side effects of a medication. This may be fitting for others but certainly not for me, I need my sanity back.

April 12, 2014 10:43 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I am always crying and moody (my poor boyfriend). Sometimes, it is never that serious and I would realize that the next day. I'm 21 and in college and that is stressful enough. I have my sex drive still intact, but I am always hungry (I've always been this way but know it is out of control)! I eat everything in sight. This is becoming really expensive for me and my boyfriend. Other than that I have regulated less painful periods, no bloating, and they are very on time. I like it because of the low hormone levels but I am emotional.

April 9, 2014 10:18 PM
Review by HolliElaina: User Rating:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've completed six months with this and have had zero problems with it. 4 day periods, sex drive is normal, minimal cramping, and no other side effects at all. Birth control pills work different for everyone. Your body may react differently than mine, but I've had no problems with Tri-Previfem.

April 8, 2014 10:11 PM
Review by Aubs: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Sprintec for almost 6 months now. I am 20 years old and had been on the NuvaRing since I was 16 and loved it until I had an injury that required I took the ring out. The first 2 months of the pill I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I felt exactly the same as I did on the Nuvaring. At 3 months however my breasts have increased an entire cup size and are very sore all of the time. This is the only side effect I am experiencing. I take my pill at 9pm each night. I have not experienced any weight gain.

April 5, 2014 12:36 PM
Review by JLP439: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Pros: No mood changes, felt great, did not get pregnant, very light periods. Cons: Definitely gained 15 pounds... was on the pill for one year where the weight came on almost immediately after starting it. When I went off, the pounds melted away within two months and I was back to my pre-pill weight. Very annoying, since otherwise the pill was perfect.

April 4, 2014 1:03 PM
Review by Alex p. (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started using this birth control after a previous one since it was too strong (on it for 4 months). I have been using this for 7 months and I have since gained 30 lbs. I eat very healthy and exercise 5 days a week, as well as live in a city so I walk up to 8 miles a day. Plus I am in training for a marathon, so I should be losing weight not gaining it. I used this birth control for acne as well as for preventing pregnancy. I can say I have had no pregnancy scares and my period came the same day every month, so I always knew when I would be getting it. It has cleared up my acne a little, however not a lot. This is my last month taking it as it is most likely the reason I gained so much weight, plus it took away my sex drive.

April 3, 2014 10:01 PM
Review by Sherubii: User Rating:

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: First off I've been on Estarylla for 2 months now I'm 17 btw. Well what I first notice with me being on Estarylla my boobs have grown to B to C. I haven't really gaint any weight from what I have noticed, but the down part about it is, it lowers your sex-drive. But my sex-drive wasn't soo crazy in the first place because of the fear of being pregnant. Long as it works for me not getting pregnant I just gonna stay on it.

March 30, 2014 12:31 AM
Review by asdfjshs: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for a two months now & have experienced almost zero bad side effects. I have lost my appetite most of the time, which has resulted in me losing a little weight, which can be considered a negative or a positive. I have been getting angry very easily since I've been on this medicine but I've always had issues with my anger so it isn't a huge difference. My skin has actually cleared up and I do have sex with my boyfriend without condoms sometimes and we have not gotten pregnant or had any pregnancy scares. I would recommend this even though everyone reacts to birth control differently!

March 26, 2014 6:35 PM
Review by Anonymous :-): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I have only been on this pill for one cycle, but it seems as if my acne is worse. I was put on Trinessa solely for my acne and now I'm considering stopping. I have read reviews and the vast majority of those reviews mention a huge flare-up in their acne, just as I have, which makes me think that this isn't unusual. I really want to stick with it, but I'm not sure my self-confidence can handle it.

March 23, 2014 10:18 AM
Review by Missypoobear45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on this birth control for over a year. It worked great for me. No pregnancy, regulated my period and clear up my acne. Only down side I gain 15 pounds even after eating healthy and exercising 5 times a week. I got off it 6 months ago to see if the weight gain was because of the pill and sure enough it was. I've lost all the weight I've gained, but it took some times and effort. It's a great product, just don't like the weight gain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 21, 2014 4:30 PM
Review by Fullofsmiles: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I've been on this birth control for six months and I love it. I had acne all over my back and very few on my face. Within the first month my face cleared up and some on my back. Im now going on my seventh month and my whole back is clear. Ladies with acne definitely need to try this and Give it time to work

March 21, 2014 2:12 AM
Review by LaneyLou (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I just started taking this yesterday. It's the first birth control pill since I attempted Yaz back in high school, so I can't really compare it to anything yet. Within two hours of taking the pill I felt extremely moody and paranoid, like I wanted to punch someone. I also feel dizzy and out of it. The nausea is a bit annoying. I think it will take some getting used to, it has yet to make me have any cravings, which is awesome.

March 20, 2014 5:58 PM
Review by Pleased (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for about 3 years and I take it around 1 pm (mid day). Side effects were minimum. Cramping I only get when I'm about to start my period but that's normal for me, face did seem to clear up but I do have outbreaks every now and then but again normal for me (tends to be closer towards my cycle), but one thing I did notice is I do tend to have a lot of vaginal discharge. So for the most part I've had no problems with this pill.

March 20, 2014 1:47 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started this pill a little less than a year ago, about six months after becoming sexually active. I have never had any problems with this pill. I was on Accutane for almost a year and even it didn't clear my face up as much as Tri-Sprintec has. It has also made my periods perfect, they last 5-6 days and are super light. My weight has not changed at all. I have noticed my sex drive has gone down but it works great for a contraceptive. I stopped using protection (condoms) about 4 months ago and am still baby free! This pill is wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap and effective contraceptive or acne fix.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2014 10:49 PM
Review by Jade.m.C: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've only been on it for a month, but I'm really liking it so far. I haven't experienced any noticeable side effects. I have trouble with irregular & painful periods, acne, depression, mood swings, insomnia, etc. So far I've noticed that I haven't broken out since I started this birth control. I also have felt less depressed. I've had 1 period while on this birth control and it was just as painful as usual, but the bleeding was much slower and much lighter. (I go through 2 tampons every 8 hours as opposed to 2 every 1 hour) I haven't noticed any mood swings and my insomnia has definitely improved. Overall I really like this birth control. The only thing that could make it better is if it made my periods completely pain-free.

March 14, 2014 11:45 PM
Review by M Sanders (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is only my second week taking it and I take it at night but right after I eat I get nauseous. My breast were sore but that went away. The only problem I'm having is my period. It usually only last about 4 days but it's going on the 8th day now. Maybe I have to get used to it first.

March 13, 2014 10:43 PM
Review by Ashleyyyyyyyyyyy: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 6 months now and highly considering going off of birth control completely. This pill makes me nauseous, my breasts are always tender and if I'm not crying, I'm in a screaming fit of rage (my poor husband). It does regulate your cycles. My period usually lasted 9 days and now it only lasts 3 or 4. But I'd take 9 days periods over feeling like this any day.

March 12, 2014 9:30 PM

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for three months now and I've gained 15lbs. I haven't changed my diet and I work out regularly, my acne has gotten worse and I'm depressed all the time, even my friends agree it's really affected my mood. I'm going to stop taking it now that I'm single, The only good thing was that it's very reliable for not getting pregnant or even pregnancy scares.

March 10, 2014 10:38 PM
Review by K-lynn531 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love Mononessa. I used to have extremely painful cramps, I would have to miss work and school because I was in so much pain, and Mononessa has definitely helped. At first it didn't seem to help with the cramps so I went back to my doctor and she uped my dosage. My periods come on the exact same day every month which is really nice. I definitely don't have as heavy of a period and it normally lasts 3-4 days. I do seem to be a little more emotional the week before I start but I never had any weight gain/loss issues with it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 3:01 PM
Review by LL --taken for 17years so far!!:

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Ortho Cyclen for 17 years for oral contraceptive reasons and it is working wonderful! No side effect. Although I tried to take the generic to offset some cost but I had terrible breakthrough bleeding. I quickly switched back to name brand and was cured! So I'm still on brand name Ortho Cyclen with no problems at all. Quite happy!

March 7, 2014 9:52 AM
Review by Dora Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took Tri Sprintec for a year and though it was effective, the side effects were horrible. One being the fact that I naturally have a heavy and long 7 day period. There was no change in length nor flow of my cycle. The second and worst side effect would be that I was constantly nauseous even after the first three months. The pill changed my taste buds and made eating (something I Love) hell!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 2:44 AM
Review by Newbie2: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 4 yrs ago for 2 years, kept a healthy diet and exercised. Gained a little weight, but just on my girly parts! Very mild PMS, reg and moderate periods. Had a baby last year and used the mini pill for 9 months. Only been on Tri Sprintec for 6 weeks and right away I noticed side effects. It wasn't until I read some reviews that I realized I was getting hives from it. I have pretty bad allergies so I thought that was why. I am a very optimistic person and anytime I feel in a bad mood I do any/ everything to come out of it. It seemed like I was constantly TRYING to pull myself out of a funk. Also, noticed a decrease in appetite and libido. The positive is clearer skin- except for one recent breakout, it's FREE and I'm not pregnant.

March 7, 2014 12:44 AM
Review by Sonothappy: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Over 2 months...I've gained 10lbs, awful mood swings, headaches (which I never used to get) and fatigue. I switched to this to help with my spotting but I feel like I'd take the spotting over this any day! Not happy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2014 11:23 PM
Review by Acne at 31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: Since having my last child at age 27, my acne has been out of control. Serious cystic breakouts (forehead, chin, temples). When they just about heal up, BOOM, here comes the new ones. I have tried it all, literally. I did lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, herbs, masks, lotions, pH balancing washes etc. NOTHING worked. I was so sick of it. At 30 I got Tri-Sprintec. The results were amazing. 1st month, I noticed the breakouts weren't as severe (but still there). 2nd month, I noticed the inflammation was better, still a few break out spots. 3rd month, I noticed I barely broke out (just on my temple area and one spot on my chin). 4th Month-NO MORE BREAKOUTS!

March 3, 2014 4:58 PM
Review by Love this!!!!!!: User Rating:

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been told I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, my period was never normal. If go to a year without bleeding then all of a sudden I started bleed for 5 months straight. Being overweight my doctor told me I would have to take two Depo-Provera shots so I did. I continued to bleed heavy and hard and very painful so I decided to find another doctor and he prescribed my Mononessa. I stopped bleeding in one week and when it was time to take the last 7 pills I was nervous to take because I didn't want to bleed but my period came and it was so light no cramps just a little moody. So glad I finally found something that truly works for me.

March 2, 2014 4:03 PM