User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 149 reviews 518 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 109 reviews 162 medications

5.2
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1610 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I am 18 years old and I've been on Sprintec for probably 8 months now, and I have enjoyed it for the most part. At first it was rough, I felt very nauseous all the time, I actually missed school one day but around the 3rd month it's been pretty good. My periods start on the exact time and day & been good for not getting pregnant, not why I got on it but it comes in handy. I would recommend this and have to friends who want help reduce period pains. My flow is light and my cramps barely occur on the first day! It has been good to me!"

swagmoney February 8, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've used a lot of birth controls and they all made me gain a lot of weight and I was always bloated, my friend said tri sprintec was great if I wanted to stay in shape. My doctor said no matter what any birth control pills would make me gain weight because they contain hormones but its been 3 months since I started them and the only side effect is my boobs just started getting bigger but I'm not complaining :) effectiveness, I'm not sure cause I haven't been with anyone since but I'm sure its effective, thats what my friend said she's been using it for 2 years and she never uses condoms"

mamk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I just started taking this pills. I do smoke but not daily maybe 2 every other day.. I am doing something wrong. I have my period all ready."

Wondering Women 14 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Terrible bc. I get sick just thinking of taking it. Periods are worse and longer. It's depressing not feeling normal. On my 3rd pack and things never changed for the better. Horrible!!"

hgc03 February 8, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I personally have problems with most birth control so I do not want to give Tri-Cyclen Lo completely bad review but do want to share experience since my doctor will not believe me. Over the last year have been trying the different birthcontols and when I first started Tri-Cyclen Low it seemed like the best of all the evils. I was quite nauseous and hungry all the time but I tried to control this with really good food options and delt with the feeling. Now going on six months of Tri-Cyclen I have found that I am extremely depressed, lightheaded and dizzy all the time. The pain of nausea and hunger is constant and painful. I am at a loss of what to do since my doctor isn't listening to me."

Breezy Baby February 5, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill from July 2013 to Dec 2014. Had absolutely no problems with it. Helped me regulate my period, which was awesome. Got off the pill, 4 months later, boom!.. pregnant lol. But I'm back at it, once again. I truly like this pill."

Rizzitos (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I never had any problems. Best one I've taken."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "In July 2015, I had experienced a huge pain in my lower abdomen. The pain went on for three months when I was finally able to see the gynecologist after two months and a half of being on a waiting list. They ran a lot of tests on me and I was told I had an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball. I have never had a surgerys and I am terrified to even be told Ima have to get any type of surgery. Well my doctor recommended me take birth control to help with pain and possibly reduce the size of the cyst. I started taking Tri-Previfem in the beginning of November 2015. When I went for my checkup on November 23, 2015, the cyst had been reduced from the size of a golf ball to the size of a pinto bean!! I totally recommend this birth control"

Kcorral (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Started this birth control is April 2015. Stopped after a Miscarriage in June 2015. Started back up in Oct 2015. I took it up until last month (Jan 2016) due to a 3 week long period. Doctor recommended me to stop taking it and I continued bleeding. Going on 4 weeks. I'm never in the mood to have sex, which totally sucks. This pill has its ups and downs but over all I would say I was satisfied to not be pregnant again lol but the period it's causing is completely costly and so inconvenient."

CrazyMommyof2 February 3, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on ortho tri cyclen for about 4 years then they made this generic and it's awful. I was already nervous considering there have been minimal positive reviews. I had no option but to switch. My mood swings are awful, I am constantly angry, it makes me sick, makes my whole body tingle.. DO NOT TAKE THIS! I will be calling my doctor to get off this pill..I refuse to finish the month it seems to only be getting worse. So once again... Do not take these tablets"

Anonymous February 3, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I just started this two weeks ago. I was having bad mood swings and missing periods so I was put on the pill. I have had good expierences so far. Only complaint is that my boobs hurt a lot. Like all the time. I can't tell if they are growing or just hurting. Also I've had some pains in my uterus but I believe it's bc the pill is doing all that nonsense thickening the walls and all that jazz. Everything is good!!! I haven't gotten my first period on it yet, I should next week. I'm really hoping my PMS won't be as bad on the pill as it was before"

tracey678 February 3, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've been on this pill for 5 months before I really started noticing the extreme PMS effects. It worked for acne pretty quickly but approaching months 4-5 I noticed I was getting really upset and angry with those around me the week of my period. I think my body grew to expect the hormones and when I wasn't taking it, I'd get extremely and irrationally angry. Switching to a lower dose pill or just pulling the plug on BC in general because this is really scaring me."

Aggravated (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

For Acne: "I started Sprintec when I was around 15-16 and am currently 18, I love it! I didn't have any side effects at all and my sister (who is also on it) only got some headaches the first few weeks. My mom actually asked my dermatologist to see if I could go on it and she said that was a good option. Its gotten rid of about 85% of my acne and I'm a lot more confident in my skin. It took me a really long time for the pills to synchronize with my body (around 3-6 months) but now, I know the exact day and around the time I get my period. It's so nice because I plan around it haha! I think I got lucky as i haven't had any side effects. I love it and it worked great for my acne."

msd2456 February 3, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The worst birth control. I have never felt more nauseous- I feel as if I am pregnant! I can't enjoy a glass of wine without throwing up. I'm sensitive to certain smells, I'm extremely bloated, and I gained 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I just started a new pack but am considering quitting it tomorrow and going to my doctor for a new one. Extremely frustrated over the side effects that I've experienced."

Dina H. February 3, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on mononessa for two years. I started on it while young and then switched to implanon which I absolutely hated, but after being back on the pill feel so relieved! I rarely have skin breakouts, my cramps used to be awful but now hardly have them if any at all. Only downside is dryness, but nothing lube can't fix!"

Kat-- February 3, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have irregular menstrual cycles I've started taking Trinessa to help regulate my cycle, I am only on my 2nd week but I don't like the side effects. I am nauseous all day and it affects my mood shortly after taking it, I go from happy and productive to moody and sluggish. I also have headaches, muscle and breast soreness. I have not stop bleeding either I have been spotting the entire time and as I go along it seems to get heavier. I was not expecting for it to start working to stop my elongated period immediately but the all day nauseous and mood change is the worst, I will try to complete the month but I not sure if the is the option for me."

In my feelings February 2, 2016

For Birth Control: "This birth control worked for me exactly as it should. I got my period every twenty eight days and everything is good if you remember to take your pill. However, I gained about 30 lbs over a course of 6 months. In regards to my sex life, it's messed up that, too. Sex drive has been greatly decreased as well as experiencing dryness. My breasts have also at least doubled."

SamanthaK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I took ortho tri cyclen for about six months,plenty of time to give it a chance to completely clear my acne but unfortunately that was not the case. My skin always had at least 3 zits. I experienced major spotting almost constantly and only had about 2 months of no blood. I was extremely moody as if I was bipolar and/or always about to get my period.The breakthrough bleeding was so painful. I had to take Tylenol at least once a day.This was my experience but my 23 year old friend loves it and her skin is never better but she does have spotting. I got a 9 month supply of this pill for free "

EMMSTHENAME (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this BC for 3 months now and so far it's not horrible- only a few bad things are.. I am extremely tired and not in the mood for sex! I have 2 young kids so being tired/lazy is not really an option. I was never like this and I was never not in the mood for sex. I also get a little dryness. On a good note, I do have short periods. The first month it was really light the second month was kind of heavy but short so I'm waiting to see how this third month goes. If nothing changes far as tiredness and not wanting sex, I'll switch. I currently do not pay for this BC because my insurance covers it 100% but I rather pay $5-$10 so I'm not always tired and wanting to have sex with my husband more."

BeastmodeMom January 31, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've had issues with acne since around middle school and have literally tried everything from different topical creams to antibiotics. Unfortunately antibiotics were not a safe long term fix so I initially started taking Beyaz and was on that bc for about 4 months. My acne did not improve that significantly so my dermo switched me to Ortho Tricyclen about 3 months ago. I think that you should be aware that your acne will probably get a little worse before it gets better. I had a horrible break out like 2 months in and I got super frustated but now my acne is so much better on my face and chest so I think it's working! I have also been taking spironolactone as well."

Lex2233 January 31, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "After reading all of the negative comments for this pill, I was hesitant to start it. I have had an awesome experience though. I have taken gianvi, ocella, and ortho lo before and they all made me either extremely mood or constantly hungry, but this pill has actually made me less hungry, has helped with the small amount of acne I have and it has done it's job well as far as preventing pregnancy goes. I am satisfied with this pill."

Lauren1923 January 30, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I just finished my 2nd month of this birth control. First month was great, had a normal 7 day period but when my second months period came around it never stopped... I've been on my period literally alllll month and still no signs of stopping or slowing down. Its not a normal or light period either. Its a constant HEAVY flow. Changing super size tampons and pass like every hour. And I Am extremely tired. Falling asleep at 6 pm everyday cuz my body is so drained feeling :("

Adirose January 30, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "3 weeks into taking this birth control I experienced severe anxiety, debilitating panic attacks that sent me to urgent care and kept me from working, depression, sensitivity to light and sound, racing heart, insomnia, and a complete personality change for the worse. My family didn't want to be around me. I stopped taking this drug 4 days ago and already feel a tremendous difference. I no longer have anxiety about going to bed at night, or driving on fast roads, or anything else that used to shut me down before. I have noticed a difference in my outlook on life, my personality, and it's only been 4 days. My doctor told me it can take a week to get completely out of my system but I am seeing improvement everyday. Consumers BEWARE of this drug."

CaitiLH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for 4-5 years. I never realized how crazy it made me until I came off of it! I seriously constantly thought about eating and was never satisfied. The first month I was off my appetite cut in half and I lost 8 lbs! (138 to 130, so it's not like 8 lbs was insignificant). Since then I've dropped another 3 - doing absolutely NOTHING. I had a weird constant white/yellow discharge on this pill for over a year that my Drs couldn't explain . I'm not sure if all of this is just from this particular pill or if I'd be like this on any HBC, but after my first month off I felt so much better I decided to get the copper IUD instead of a new hormonal option."

Tina6225 January 28, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this bc pill a month and week ago. At first I just got nauseous then I started getting migraines which were intense and the depression was horrible I was so emotional over stupid things.I got my second pack and took it at 7pm woke up at 8am and felt fine but around 12 I felt bad .I was so weak I couldn't move and I was sweating and cold and my arm went numb and it felt like I had a hang over but worse. my eyes hurt also. I am getting off this pill and getting switched to a different kind. This was the first bc pill I've ever used."

Jess4741 January 28, 2016