User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 67 reviews 505 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 971 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Review by Jb04 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: After years of having awful period cramps to the point of the first 3 days of it starting I always had to call out of work because I could not do a thing but lay down. Heavy, very heavy bleeding. I have only been on this pill for a month and my first period was actually wonderful. Very light bleeding and almost hard to tell cramps. I even lost 8 pounds without even trying. My face has also cleared up. I have tried all sorts of different birth control, with nothing working closely as well as this. I hope it continues to work this great.

July 26, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by Switching (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've recently been on the pill for 10 months. Great pill, no mood swings, no weight gain. Except Sex is a no go, not in the mood. Vaginal dryness ... recommend KY.

July 26, 2014 12:34 AM

Review by Bran18:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I tried many, many birth controls before this one. I was having periods every other week, but this one has worked wonders; however, since being on it, I have gained about 30 pounds.

July 23, 2014 9:37 PM

Review by AshBrad:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is my first birth control and I've been on it for almost two years. It has helped my acne I little bit but I'm also on acne medication. Weight gain has been maybe 5-7 pounds gained. The only thing I really don't like about this birth control is it gives you symptoms as if you were pregnant even if you are not and they come mainly one to two weeks before my period. Periods are always consistent. Other than everything bad, It's doing it's job at not allowing me to get pregnant so that's good!

July 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 3 months now. At first I didn't really notice anything, but recently I have realized that I have gained a couple pounds, even though I work out 5 times a week and eat relatively healthy. The worst part is my mood- I'll be happy-go-lucky one second, then become a psycho emotional wreck the next. I flip out about EVERYTHING and get really upset; I used to be very mellow and laid back. However, it has really cleared up my skin and my period is regular now.

July 21, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by Jessica47 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I switched to Sprintec (because it was cheap) from Amethia after losing my insurance. I began experiencing acne breakouts on my face and very sudden mood swings, which I had not experienced on Amethia. I am no longer using Sprintec because the side effects are not worth it.

July 20, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'd never been on birth control up until a few months ago, and I was given Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo as a starter, because I did not want it to have much hormones. I went through two whole packs and decided to switch because of extremely low sex drive, extreme mood swings and increased appetite (I would eat a full meal and two hours later my stomach would be growling again). My relationship began to suffer due to these side effects so I stopped taking it and am back to normal. However, this pill DID have pros: I didn't get pregnant, it regulated my period and caused no breakouts or acne. But be wary of weight gain, decreased libido and mood swings.

July 20, 2014 3:44 PM

Review by Dniece 18, (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is my third month and honestly I love it, it's perfect for me but you know what they always say "birth control does work differently on different women" mainly because we all have different reactions to Sprintec. BUT! The "Cons" about this pill. Yes ladies, your breasts will be swore most of the time! Well that's for me basically but other then that, I haven't been feeling nauseous as much though, but that's only when it's close to my period, I don't get headaches, no swelling, no gain in weight, it's just perfect for me. Oh & the most important thing I Love love Love about this pill, ladies if you have bad cramps let's say, 1-10 a 8-10 I highly recommend this pill because by the first month my cramps wasn't bad at all it went to a 5.

July 19, 2014 1:21 AM

Review by addyhav:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have not had really any problems. EXCEPT. I feel nauseous all the dang time. It's terrible. Besides that I have had clear skin and I use to have 7 day period. And it slimmed down to 5 which is no problem. But being nauseous all the time is terrible.

July 17, 2014 10:11 AM

Review by itiscrazyithink (taken for 10 years or more):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this specific brand for over 10 years. Take it every night before I go to bed. I have had weight gain but its a maintained gain but its been 100% effective, never been pregnant! My sexual urges visit me usually in my 2nd week after my period, so hasn't completely killed my libido. Normal periods lasting from Wednesday to Sunday... Been fabulous for me!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by Syd0001:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was nervous to start taking birth control after reading up on all of the side effects and being the worrier that I am. However, I've been taking Sprintec for 5 months now and it hasn't had any negative side effects. I'm very relieved. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking into birth control. It has helped my minor acne greatly and also lightened my very heavy period so that now it is average and doesn't last 8 days! I would recommend setting an alarm on your phone for the same time every day so you remember to take it. It was definitely a great decision to start taking Sprintec. Best of luck!

July 14, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Alysssia:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking Trinessa for 3 weeks now. I have a little stomach pain sometimes but I guess I can deal with it and it is clearing my face which was something I notice today while looking in the mirror, I was glowing, loved it but I've been bloated and I really don't like looking pregnant when I'm not...but I do hope I'll gain weight just not in my stomach.

July 13, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by Kelya:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been bleeding constantly, to the point I can't even have sex. It's like I'm constantly on my period I am switching as soon as I get the chance!!

July 13, 2014 12:11 AM

Review by cutiepie2014:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: My doctor prescribe me this birth control to help control my period. I am bleeding heavy and heavier. I stopped taking them. Heading to the ER, this is unbelievable.

July 11, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by Ari98 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was first put in Tri-Sprintec, which worked wonderfully for me, but my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem. I've good news and bad news about this pill. The good news: I've not gotten pregnant. The bad news: after being switched over, I've realized a shocking change in my mood. I'm much more depressed, and I have developed a case of anxiety. I have experienced several anxiety attacks after being switched to this pill. I'm contemplating asking my doctor to change my prescription. If you wish to not get pregnant, then take this pill, but you may undergo dramatic changes in your mood.

July 10, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Dakota1234:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I'm 17 and this is the first method of birth control I have tried, been taking it for three weeks. It has been Amazing! My acne has completely cleared up in all areas (whole face, chest, back) and I have had no bad side effects!

July 8, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Kyrstendavis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: As of today I have just started my first Placebo pill in my first month of Tri-Sprintec. For the first week or two I noticed increased nausea and breast tenderness, the nausea subsided but the breast tenderness still lingers (just not as bad). I got on this birth control in June to prevent pregnancy, so far for the whole preventing pregnancy it's wonderful. Periods come right on time and I had no clue of her arrival (no cramps, moodiness etc) which I love! Since I've been on it, the past month I have actually lost 16 pounds and I am quite alright with that, I have decreased appetite which is also a good thing because before I started birth control I would eat every chance I got. Overall this pill is great! You just have to try it out for you!

July 7, 2014 5:36 AM

Review by Jay6829:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I had an okay experience at first, the only positive thing was that my periods were lighter. The cramping was awful though. I constantly had a headache caused from the estrogen levels so they switched me to something not so high. I was on it for 3 months before they switched me to Aviane.

July 6, 2014 11:51 PM

Review by Brittbrat (taken for less than 1 month):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this for about a month now. I'm 25 and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I started it before my period so my doctor said that my period would be late. I was fine with that. It wasn't late I started out with spotting and then what was like a normal flow. I'm now going on almost 2 weeks of bleeding. I hardly ever get cramps and on this it's pretty much cramps so often that I want to double over in pain. I get lightheaded and dizzy, nausea, my mood swings are crazy. I go from happy to crying or angry for no reason. I noticed my breasts have been tender. My feet and hands have swelling issues to the point where it hurts to walk or grab anything. I'm on the placebo part of my first pack so I'm hoping the side effects go away.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by mookie spence:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: It helps with the heavy bleeding and long periods, but thats it! I get so sick to my stomach on these, I have real bad PMS and sore breasts and nipples and it doesn't do anything for my skin or hair.

July 6, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by chemical_kid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for almost 6 months now and I haven't seen many issues with it. When I first started I was a bit moody, but now that side effect seems to have gone away. Also I've had somewhat irregular periods while on the pill. I've had no headaches, weight gain, my skin has cleared up a lot since starting it. I'd definitely recommend it.

July 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by lynnsur:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My GYN prescribed it. She said I could have unprotected sex seven days later. The first day I took it, I felt nauseous but I expected it because I did my research. I had unprotected sex on the eighth day- 4 days before my expected period. My period then was late. I thought I was pregnant but the tests results were negative. I then had a horrible migraine lasting for more than one week- on and off during the day. I never get migraines. My cramps were horrible and I felt like I was dying. I had really bad neck aches, back aches and leg aches. I was supposed to try it for 3 months then report to my GYN but I couldn't do it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by DiDi22:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My periods come about three placebo pills in every month. I have absolutely no cramps (although I did when I stopped taking it for a little while). I had a little weight gain but that could also be attributed to campus food. The only serious issue is that my libido has seriously plummeted.

July 1, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by newbtocontrol:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm on the first week and I've been crying for no reason, getting angry at basically the drop of a pen and extremely exhausted and hungry. I hope this changes soon.. I'll give it two months at most, I hope to see an improvement in that time.

June 30, 2014 3:59 AM

Review by Jilligoat:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : I really don't like birth control. However, my boyfriend and I decided to do the responsible thing, and I got on it. I've been on it for nearly 2 months, and I've already gained 5 pounds. I've been the same weight for the past 3 years, and haven't had any lifestyle/diet changes since I started the pill. I blame Ortho Tri Cyclen. I also have broken out terribly -- my skin has always been pretty good (with the occasional pimple here and there), but since I've started this pill ... Yikes. Cyst-like acne all over my chin and cheeks. I went to my doctor to switch, so I'm going to try and find the right pill for me. I can't continue to gain weight and break out like this, that's all I know.

June 28, 2014 7:35 PM