User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 76 reviews 511 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1088 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Review by May16:

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: 20 pound weight gain in 3 months

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 3:04 PM

Review by Jojo426:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My sex drive completely disappeared and it caused me as well as my husband much distress and depression. Two weeks after stopping the medication, my sex drive came back with a vengeance. So happy I decided to stop taking this pill.

February 16, 2015 1:08 PM

Review by Jessi9660:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this for 3, almost 4 years now. It's works wonderful. My acne cleared right up after about 6 months, my period became regular, I stopped getting cramps (I get like a stomach ache now) and I had no negative side effects what so ever. I get 3 months at a time and pay nothing!

February 10, 2015 6:52 PM

Review by Ididnthavekids:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Took it the right way and didn't have any children

February 7, 2015 11:23 PM

Review by S2015:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: The excruciating pain I had been experiencing with my periods, went away almost instantly with Sprintec, but I did have (painless) breakthrough bleeding that hasn't let up so I'm trying a different brand.

February 5, 2015 3:37 PM

Review by ss7 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: No sex drive at all. In a bad mood sometimes throughout the day for no apparent reason. Thinking of switching to something else.

February 3, 2015 12:29 AM

Review by Kels5789 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started taking this when I was 15 for irregular period & horrible cramps. I was on it for about a year & loved it but stopped taking it. I noticed over time (about a year & a half) that my periods had been getting worse and worse. I'm 18 now and decided to go back on it. I'm 3 months in, and it's working perfectly! However, the first month I had a lot of break through bleeding, and noticed I was more irritable. But I am fine now, and love this pill! Side note: be careful if you get sick and have to take antibiotics. I would recommend using back up birth control methods with the pill until you are done taking the antibiotics. Because the antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Not many people know this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by Kayla123455 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Negative Side Effects: - Diarrhea for the first 4-5 days of taking it - Still heavy flow periods - Tension headaches everyday - Breast tenderness - I feel that I've been eating more (not sure if that's because of the birth control) - Heavy PMSing before periods Positive Side Effects: - Shorter period - Less acne - Less cramps

January 28, 2015 8:04 PM

Review by Sarah Longview (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: It has prevented me from getting pregnant.

January 27, 2015 8:56 AM

Review by Jessssssssss:

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: With this product I experience breast tenderness, drowsiness, headaches, and for the first month I was constantly nauseous. It has prevented pregnancy thus far though.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Ortho-Cyclen has worked incredibly well for me. It was the first pill I tried and I took it for about a year. When my prescription ran out I went to Planned Parenthood and was recommended Aubra, which did not work out for me, I had constant spotting, it significantly decreased my libido, and made me gain about 10 lbs. I have since switched back Ortho-Cyclen and have had no noticeable side effects other than my breasts growing by about a cup size.

January 24, 2015 1:27 AM

Review by HannahNanna:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: I have endometrosis and have stomach pain, digestive problems, and abnormal bleeding. The digestive problems are just as bad as they were. My periods are better. The medicine does have side effects such as unsettled stomach and headaches.

January 23, 2015 8:04 PM

Review by Mpec:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Since starting this pill, I've had a three week cycle, major breakouts, mood swings, and lack of appetite. I've only been on it one month, but that was enough.

January 23, 2015 3:40 PM

Review by VisualEffects (taken for 1 to 6 months):

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been taking this for 3 months now. Cons: I have always worked out 5-6 days a week and still have gained about 8-10lbs since starting this pill. Has caused bloating, loss of sex drive, and quite often nausea. Pros: Skin looks a little better, periods are regulated, and cramps are exceedingly less. But to be honest many of those weren't really much of an issue before, the only one was the cramps and that I just had to make sure to have some Advil or something on hand. So... in the end not a huge fan of this.

January 21, 2015 9:31 AM

Review by sarah679 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Face cleared. Gained 5 pounds. No vomiting for me or irregular mood swings. Also my periods are very very precise. Only bad thing is the super decreased limbo. Just don't care for it anymore it seems

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 7:45 PM

Review by Natalie California:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: Before switching to Sprintec, I never had an ovarian cyst before. After starting Sprintec about 4 months ago, I wound up in the hospital 3 times for severe abdominal pain which turned out to be ovarian cysts. For everything else, this birth control is great and I have no complaints. But the cysts gotta go, so do these pills.

January 18, 2015 1:03 PM

Review by cmustudent:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Been taking since August of 2014. LOVE IT. Haven't gained any weight but I also work out regularly and eat healthy. Went up one cup size so far and they seem to be getting a little better which I don't hate! My acne has gotten a lot better. But there was about a week when I took it late everyday and I started breaking out bad. Sex is great, body looks good. Just a little more emotional than before too. Great for everyone!

January 17, 2015 8:38 PM

Review by beccaf:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Overall as a birth control it did its job, me and my husband never used a back up birth control, and in the year and a half I was on it, I didn't get pregnant. The reason I'm only giving it an 8 is because around the time I was getting my period, I would go insane. Crying a lot...yelling, getting really angry for no reason. I had a low sex drive while I was taking it but other than that it got rid of my terrible cramps, and my acne cleared up a lot also. I just switched to Apri so we will see how that goes.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 3:30 PM

Review by Kourtnee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Sprintec for almost a month. I LOVE it! It has done nothing but it's job and more! I have struggled with anxiety, and severe depression in the past, and this is definitely a mood stabilizer for me. I rarely have to deal with anxiety anymore or depression. I am a lot happier and I haven't had really any bad side effects besides sometimes I get a little moody. I love Sprintec. First and last birth control I will ever try.

January 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Review by eppppppro (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started on this birth control when I was 18 and 9 years later I sadly need to switch due to a change in my insurance. It is SO expensive on a high deductible plan. But when I was on it, it really helped keep my cycle super regular, skin clear, and no weight gain. But with most pills, you cant miss a day or more, otherwise the nausea/cramps are out of control!

January 13, 2015 10:18 PM

Review by Taby35 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm about to start my third pill pack, and I love this birth control. Both months my period started the third day of the placebo pills. I have little to no side effects. Sometimes I feel a little nauseous, and my appetite has gone down. But the effectiveness is great! My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times without any other protection. The pill really does work, and I'm so thankful it's so reliable. I do take my pill right to the second at 1 o'clock everyday. My experience with Sprintec is wonderful, and I plan to stick with it as my birth control.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 9:20 AM

Review by AdrienneXx13:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I didn't like this birth control and I know it affects everyone differently, but this was my first time on the pill and within the first 3 months I gained 20 lbs! I also had a lot of breast tenderness. Then I got switched to Syeda, and the 2nd month I was on it I had headaches daily that would not go away with ibuprofen or Excedrin. Then by the 3rd month I had headaches every other day. Not to mention on a daily basis I had breast tenderness and cramps every week except the first week of the start of my pills. And now I'm going to start the Depo Provera shot in two weeks, and I'm hearing mixed reviews with that.

January 7, 2015 10:55 PM

Review by INSANExANGEL:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for the past 8 years. I absolutely love it! After having tried 2 different types of birth control pills before I found this one. This is the one for me, it cleared up my acne within a month of taking it, I've had no weight gain or weight loss, no headaches. Normal cramps and a shorter period (4-5 days).

January 5, 2015 2:08 AM

Review by Sarah Elizabeth (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: About 4 1/2 years ago I had surgery to remove a corpus luteum cyst and another cyst that burst. Since then I have been on Sprintec with no other cyst relates problems. I have no mood swings, nausea, depression... basically no negative side effects except from a little weight gain. I can't complain about that.

January 4, 2015 1:15 AM

Review by Jennyx3:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on the pill for about a year now since I switched from the Depo shot. At first it was giving me headaches so I started to take it right before bed. My face has cleared up a lot with the occasional zit around my period. Period have become lighter with less cramps and my breasts have gotten fuller. The only thing that I have noticed is my sex drive isn't what it used to be, but it could just be me.

January 2, 2015 8:47 PM