Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 80 reviews 512 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1132 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Review by KweenK (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: First month on this pill no weight gain so far . I have noticed that my appetite increased a tad start my second pack tomorrow period came on for 4 days this month and was heavy for 3 of the days. Walmart fills it for free with my insurance. Acne is slowly clearing up

April 20, 2015 2:58 PM

Review by Rose Itsa (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: So thankful this was the first pill my Doc recommended. Absolutely amazing pill! My main concern was weight gain by starting b/c... But I've actually lost 10 pounds since being on this pill. My skin has cleared up. Periods last 3-4 days very light. No cramps. ONLY issue was the first 3 months I kept experiencing a few yeast infections... But that issue stopped as soon as I started taking a daily probiotic. I will admit sometimes I am moody & emotional but I don't know if I can blame the pill entirely lol. My appitite is up & down at times but honestly that's all about self-control. So overall I'm so happy with this pill and I plan on staying on it until I'm ready for kiddies

April 18, 2015 11:57 PM

Review by KristenR:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took Sprintec for 3 years, it was my first birth control. When I first got on it I had cramping for about a week and then it was fine. My periods came like clock work every month! I gained no weight and it helped stop my breakouts. Overall I have no complaints about this pill, until recently... Randomly I started bleeding. I had a period for about a month, give or take a few days when it would stop. Because of that I have now switched pills because I just need higher estrogen. This pill is great & I would recommend it to anyone!

April 17, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by ------ms--------:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I've been on Ortho Tri-cyclen 21 for a month and a week. It does not make me moody or depressed and nor did I gain weight. Those were my two biggest concerns before going on birth control. I am taking it for acne and so far it just tamed my big pimples but I still get small little bumps here and there. I spoke to my doctor and I was told I need to wait at least two months to see results in acne. It helped me incredibly in terms of period cramps, I used to faint often on the first day of my period throwing up and diarrhea. But now none of that thanks to Tri-cyclen :) strongly recommend! beware makes boobs a little sore, not too much.

April 16, 2015 3:09 PM

Review by Amy Darling (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking this brand for about four months now and haven't had any problems. Not sure why other women are experiencing such negative results from this brand. I got this for free at planned parenthood and she said it was one of the most popular brands. I haven't gain any weight, have't had any mood swings, and my sex drive hasn't been diminished. Oh and most importantly I haven't gotten pregnant. So far, so good!

April 15, 2015 3:30 PM

Review by Anon200090 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: I switched to Sprintec after being on Minastrin for about three months - with Minastrin I was a moody mess and spotted non-stop. Sprintec has been the answer to my birth control prayers! I'm about to start my third month on it and have not had any crazy symptoms. I'd say that my boobs do get sore during the first week of active pills, but it's not unbearable. My cramps on this pill are a dull ache and my periods are very light. I've actually lost weight, but I don't think that's because of the pill (I've been exercising frequently). I took a pill a few years ago that made me gain weight even though I was working out, so this is a major improvement in my eyes!

April 14, 2015 8:17 AM

Review by Xoeee:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: It has made me extremely nauseous. I can't stop throwing up. So far it hasn't helped with cramps or acne. My period hasn't went off since I started it and I start the placebo pills in 3 days. Will be consulting my doctor to switch once this pack is done.

April 14, 2015 12:17 AM

Review by Boss bitch (taken for less than 1 month):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I feel it is my duty to write a review since I read so many before taking the medication. I'll first say I'm crazy about weight! I was so scared of potential weight gain. The first week I put on like 4 pounds. Increased water intake and it was off by the next week. Also before taking the medication my acne was bad. I'm three weeks in and my face is looking great. I LOVE this medication. The break through bleeding was pretty bad at first and sometimes I feel crazy and hormonal but it is very minimal. Love love love.

April 10, 2015 6:42 PM

Review by AmethystG:

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This birth control has given me terrible side effects of depression. I don't feel like the same woman. I want off of it as soon as I can! This is not in my character to act, feel, or think the way I have been thinking.

April 10, 2015 9:17 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this medication for about 3 years and it works great for me! My periods are always at the same time each month and are light. I take it before I go to bed each night and it does not affect my stomach. It is the first birth control I started and I would recommend it. Everyone is different, but in my experience it has worked very well!

April 9, 2015 8:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been taking Sprintec for about 3 weeks, haven't even started my period pills yet. So far I am pleased with the results, I was getting the Depo shot before I switched to Sprintec. I switched because I never stopped bleeding on the Depo shot for almost a year I bled. So far, no side effects, no weight gain, no headaches or nausea, and I actually think it is helping clear what little acne I had.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 3:43 PM

Review by captain_trips (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec since I was 14 (now 19) and I love it. I used to have moderate-heavy bleeding for at least a week before I started taking it and now my periods are light-moderate for 3 or 4, sometimes 5 days. I normally get one pimple around the time of my cycle and that's it, although I never had much of a skin problem before starting the pill either. I'm extremely sensitive to emotional side effects of medicines, I've even had changes from asthma medicine in the past, but I didn't notice much noteworthy from taking this pill. No weight gain, no pregnancy scares, and reduced cramping. It's perfect.

April 9, 2015 11:45 AM

Review by Jessica R. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec since last August and it's been great! My breasts got larger and I haven't had any pregnancy scares. My period only lasts about three days and it's not heavy. I would recommend it.

April 8, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by Baileyy008:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I had bad experience with Trinessa so was scared to try another but this has been great. No side effects except breast tenderness first month but went away. After first pack, periods were on track. My moods have been great and no PMS mood swings. Also no weight gain or nausea and acne has finally stopped after years of struggle. That was main reason for this pill.

April 4, 2015 9:37 PM

Review by Toochymama:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been taking this for a few months and am satisfied. A little moody sometimes but satisfied.

March 30, 2015 9:13 PM

Review by Alexis1374748:

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I began taking this medicine for birth control. It was effective for that purpose but I kept having repeat yeast infections & bacterial vaginitis. I will most definitely stop this medicine when I'm done with this pack of pills. Everyone's body is different though.

March 29, 2015 5:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on the Sprintec birth control pill for about almost a month now, this is my first pack & once I'm done I won't be starting another one. It makes me feel so sick & I had two long periods a week apart & seven days each already this month.

March 28, 2015 11:31 AM

Review by madi04:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I just started my fourth month and I'm still hopeful I'll see my acne start to clear up. It hasn't really seen any improvements if anything it is a bit worse. I also get my period two times a month and I called my doctor to inform her and she said after three months that should start getting regulated as well as the acne. So im hopeful with in the next two packages of Tri Sprintec my acne and cycle start responding well. A good benefit is that my breasts have grown a cup size. I will post again at the end of 6 packages of pills and how that has impacted me. Overall im still hopeful because of what my doctor told me.

March 21, 2015 8:15 PM

Review by kay0516 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: The pro of this pill is it did regulate my period, but that's the only pro. I was on it for 6 months and stopped. It made me sick all the time I gained 15lbs if not more and stay bloated. My mood swings were out of control and I'm a pretty chill person. It may worked great for some but just not for me.

March 19, 2015 5:18 PM

Review by Alex456 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: The first month of this pill I had breakthrough bleeding basically the whole month. I also had this terrible stomach feeling. The second month I had no bleeding and no weird stomach feelings. I just switched off to a lower dose pill due to my breasts growing 2 sizes and being extremely swollen (I was already a D I didn't want them any bigger!) and also I lost my sex drive completely. Happy to have had no emotional changes at all (in fact, I felt happier). Overall, this pill wasn't as terrible as all the reviews I've read made it out to be, but everyone is different.

March 19, 2015 2:50 PM

Review by Michimucho:

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: When I first started taking this pill I had severe nausea when I would start a pack. Now my nausea is gone and I get occasional migraines. I've almost been on it for a year and I do like it a lot. Great for preventing pregnancy also causes breast tenderness towards end of pack.

March 18, 2015 1:16 AM

Review by AlexandraShannon:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: It definitely works. I've been on it for six months and have not become pregnant. There was slight nausea and some change in irritability but I am overall happy with it. My skin is also flawless!

March 17, 2015 12:07 PM

Review by kmoney (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Took it for a month and experienced horrible side effects. Constant cramping out of nowhere, painful sex, zero sex drive, swollen, extremely tender breasts, mood swings, anger and aggression particularly, some depression, constant fatigue, bloating, and an irregular period after years of it being regular. Had to stop taking it to get my sanity back.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 12:03 AM

Review by taylormitchell (taken for less than 1 month):

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm almost done with my first month of the pill. So far, its been quite a ride. I noticed a change in my acne right away, so I was super optimistic.. and then my period was late by about a week.. and then I got super moody and today i am stuck in bed vommitting. To me, its a small price to pay for clear skin and pregnancy free. The pill is extremely effective.

March 16, 2015 9:59 AM

Review by Lilylynne2234578:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I'm starting my last row of pills tomorrow (the placebos) and I still have a period. I have been bleeding for 3 weeks straight and I'm going into the 4th. My doctor said that it could take 3 months...if I still have a period on my 2nd pack, I'm leaving this brand. This is ridiculous.

March 14, 2015 10:07 PM