User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Ovarian Cysts 56 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 123 reviews 162 medications

5.1
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1788 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This was my first birth control.I didn't experience any side effects except I do think that they affected my mood. I became a lot more emotional about a lot of things and people which I didn't think was possible since I was already pretty emotional. No acne, no bad cramps, no weird periods. Only switched because of an insurance issue."

mynameisnothere (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was switched to this after about 9 months of Mononessa. I didn't ask to switch it just happened. Anyways, I did not experience any side effects at all. My only small complaint is that my period doesn't start until mid-late Wednesday and it's just inconvenient because on Mononessa it start Monday night or Tuesday morning so I freak out a little bit over that. I do think it made my cramps less intense and my period lighter. It still lasts about 6 days although the last two days are almost nothing. I was afraid to switch but it wasn't bad so if you're in my shoes, think positively!"

hereismyname May 1, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this birth control and I can tell you that it is working for me. I used to take another birth control that made me always moody and depressed. But with this birth control I have been the same (actually even more relaxed). I was surprised when I saw so many people talking about the side effects because I've got almost none so far. Sometimes a little headache but that is it. My skin has been getting better and my boobs are also getting a little bigger so that's a plus. My weight has not changed but I am also very active. I hope this helps people to understand that any pill you take, will have a different effect on each individual."

Hiiiiii May 1, 2016

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Taken trinessa lo for several months after ins switched me. No side effects other than increased appetite, but ortho tricyclen had that too. Gained 10 lbs. but not much I can do except exercise. It helps with night sweats too. Good luck."

Hope7777 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I started taking this because my cycle was every 23 days and I heard that it could help with acne too. I never had bad acne just one or two on my chin the week prior to my period. But after taking this my acne is worse than it has ever been. I've been getting cystic acne all over my cheeks and chin. And the worst part is that they severely scarred my skin and I never scarred before taking birth control. I've heard that in the first few months it can get worse before it gets better but I'm on my 9th month and it just continues to get worse. But I do like that it completely regulated my period to a 28 day cycle. I've decided to switch to a lower hormone birth control to see if that will help the acne subside."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on birth control for over 3 years. I too was on Sprintec until they changed it to Tri-Previfem - didn't notice any changes with my body between the two. The first month I started taking the pill was crazy, my emotions were uncontrollable (it was scary) and my skin was breaking out. I don't like Tri-previfem but it does keep me from getting pregnant. Skin still breaks out but I don't know if that's just me or the pill doing it. I never really got period cramps/symptoms before the pill, now I do. Periods are much lighter and shorter though. My boobs grew about half a size. No weight gain. No libido either - my boyfriend hates it but the pill is the best way to avoid pregnancy. Wouldn't recommend unless necessary."

Morgs (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "After being on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for over a year my pharmacy switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec and as with others I was "assured" this was the same exact drug that I had been taking. Well after the first pack my face has been breaking out throughout the month, my 2nd month my period was MUCH more painful (one of the reasons I went on BC to begin with) and I bled for almost a full week instead of my normal 4-5 days. By the 3rd month I noticed my anxiety and abdominal cramping at all times of my cycle flaring up. Mood swings galore and a period that lasted more than 7 days. :( Spoke with my PCP and she agreed to switch back to brand name only and I am hopeful that it will all resolve and that other ladies see these reviews too!"

MCSa1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "worst birth controL. BADDD MOOD SWINGS! ive been taking for about a year and ive noticed all i do is cry over dumb shit. I am starting to have really bad anxiety and i quit i didnt even finish the whole back. everytime near my period i get angry . dont take this. please."

eriiuiaiaiia April 28, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have taken Sprintec tablets for 3 years and never had a problem. Beginning of March I found out I was 2 months pregnant while still taking sprintec and never missed a pill same time every night. so in 8 months I will have another child....."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on tri lo sprinter for four months. I switched over from Ortho tri cyclen, which I loved. My first period on tri lo sprinter was horrendous. I was extremely depressed, and hopeless, which I did not experience on my previous birth control. Since then my mood around the time of my period has settled, but I get debilitating migraines consistently every month the first day of my period. It has the same active ingredients as the name brand, but it feels quite different to me, maybe that has to do with the inactive ingredients."

KateAlli3 April 27, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclin for about 12 months and my skin has been flawless. I love how it's cleared up my acne but I'm having major breakthrough bleeding at the moment. I missed 2 pills about 2 weeks ago and I have since then been bleeding continuously and i'm just about to go on my placebo pills, so after i'm finished with this pack it will be about 3 weeks with constant bleeding and it's terrible. Even when I didn't miss any pills I would have breakthrough bleeding the week before I started my placebo pills and it would drive me nuts. Saw my doctor and i'm going to try out another acne birth control, Yasmin so hopefully all goes well...."

SkyH7291 April 27, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Ever since I got on Trinessa, horrible experience by far! I'm nauseated all the time even with a meal, even changed times to see if that would help. Nothing worked. and I have anxiety, that went up so much ever since I've being taking Trinessa. I don't feel motivated to do anything. I just don't feel myself. I'm officially tossing this out I have 6 more pills left not worth it!!!"

Merrily1234 April 26, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My insurance changed my prescription from OTC Lo to TriNessa. TriNessa is effective in the sense that it has prevented unwanted pregnancy, however, for the last four months I have been on this medication, I have been feeling bloated and nauseous every single day. For the first two months, I would take pregnancy tests because I thought I was pregnant. I have changed the time I take this medicine from early morning to taking it at night before bed; I make sure I don't take it on an empty stomach. Nothing I have done seem to alleviate this problem. This has not help the situation in the bed room. I have this medication change to OTC Lo and just paid the high copayments monthly."

Nauseous All the Time (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "At first this medicine worked, but then I began experiencing severe migraines and so my doctor modified the pills to best suit me. Which worked out better for about 2 months, now I've back to having severe cramps,migraines,heavy bleeding,depression,and anxiety. I wouldn't recommend this medication."

Annemarie242 April 25, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Well I not pregnant but this pill has killed my sex drive. I had no prior problems with being "turned on" now there's nothing and sex is just painful now. Also pretty sure it's the reason I've been having constant yeast infections for months now."

Scissor (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on TriNessa for a year and a half now. It's prevented pregnancy, made my boobs bigger, and made my periods more regular and lighter. However, I have been severely depressed and anxious. I never realized it that it was because of TriNessa due to the fact that I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for 7 years now. However, ever since I started I have been so anxious that, at one point, I was border-line anorexic from being nauseous with no appetite, I've had severe sleep disorders that have stemmed from the anxiety and depression, and I've had serious thoughts of suicide on multiple occasions. DO NOT take TriNessa if you have a history of anxiety or depression!!!"

Kat Michele April 23, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "10 years on this bc pill and I had to have surgery to remove a 5cm & 2cm cyst on my right ovary that was causing it to twist. fast forward a year and the same thing may be happening again."

rainbowbrite3188 April 22, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have never really been able to take birth control because it makes me unbearably moody and depressed. Trinessa seems to be doing the same thing. I have been taking this pill for about a week now and I don't feel like I want to do anything and I seem to be unusually frustrated with everyone and everything. I'm not sure if this will get better or if it will continue to make me feel this way. Judging from the other comments on this pill, people have been having the same problem."

Anonymous April 22, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed this as my first ever birth control, because I had horrible 14 day long periods. It got to the point where i'd end up dizzy & hyperventilating. So my doc gave me this, so far everything has been normal except my boobs don't feel the same. I've only been on the pill for about three weeks but my bras are all too tight now and the girls feel super heavy. Coming from a 16 year old who's had B cup for a while, this was a surprise. I haven't had any mood swings out of the regular and my acne is nonexistent."

Ash334 April 22, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm so glad I decided to Google this medication and found these reviews. I thought I was going NUTS! My hormones are out of control on this medication. Like others, my pharmacy switch me to Estarylla from Sprintec. I was fine on the Sprintec but on this stuff - I've had HORRIBLE mood swings, my acne is out of control, spotting, nausea, weight gain, headaches. I thought I was pregnant! I'll be switching as soon as I can."

ARD (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Birth Control: "As with any drug, it affects us all differently. Been using for ~15 months now. It worked fine with my body -- - No acne, no weight gain, - Little to no tenderness of breasts before/during menstruation, - Never had a pregnancy scare BUT, after 12 months, my mood/feelings became dull and empty. I would get depressed here and there, then just recently had "stop feeling" emotionally. Nothing really gets to me now.. and I feel like a lifeless zombie. It's no good. In addition, my sex drive plummeted around the same time too. It takes A LOT to get me in the mood now, just recently reached to the point of not wanting to do it at all with my boyfriend. I will be stopping this BC method, trying Paraguard's IUD next; I think it'd be better."

Anonynonymous April 20, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "DONT GO ON THIS PILL. I had horrible side effects the first month of this pill to the point that i literally thought I was loosing my mind. You will also gain weight using this."

birthcontrOL122761174014018 April 20, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "this pill made me feel horrible to the point I was depressed & had a mood swings. My parents noticed & so did my boyfriend because I wanted to strangle him.I would cry on the days I took the 7 day non normal pills in the case. Thank God the dr. Changed my Rx & I feel better. To think such a tiny pill can change me into a dr.jekell & mr. Hyde."

Two key April 19, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I went on this medication because I needed to regulate my periods. I've been on it since January and everyone can tell in depressed. I used to be outgoing and talkative but now my boyfriend can just ask me a simple question and I'll break down and cry."

RyneSkye (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Went on the pill to clear my skin. I'm in the middle of my 2nd pack. I've been on other acne-focused pills which are supposed to get worse before better so I'm used to waiting it out. But, this pill is not worth it. I'm breaking out in places I never have before and wake up every morning with new white heads and black heads. The entire first month I was slightly nauseous all day and extremely tired, sore throat, and head ache. I also got very hungry at night, just figured I'd push through and all the symptoms went away after a month except the acne. It just got worse and I noticed when I was on the placebo pills, my face cleared a little. Now I need to visit a derm and most likely spend lots of money getting chemical peels and nice masks."

Beckabb12 April 18, 2016