User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 73 reviews 507 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1040 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Review by * (taken for 1 to 6 months):

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My Gyno prescribed me Trinessa since I had been having irregular periods for a while, the pills had no side effects with me & it cleared up my acne pretty well. 10/10 recommend.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Jamiieson:

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for three years now, my doctor switched me over to it from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo due to the cost. At first I really enjoyed this pill, no significant changes at all, no weight gain, no moodiness, no appetite change. Everything was fine. The last year and a half, I have noticed a difference and I hate this pill now. It has decreased my sex drive to absolutely zero. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 in a half years and I have no desire to do anything with him. It has made me miserable and extremely emotional all of the time. I feel depressed and get angry very easily. The only upside to this pill is that my period lasts for two days and then it's over. I will be switching immediately it's ruining my relationship

December 4, 2014 3:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I had a lot of stomach pains for over a month. I didn't get pregnant and had a normal period but such severe stomach pains along with occasional headache I had to switch to a lower hormone so I'm using "Gildess" now I'm sad the only side effect I seemed to have was stomach pain. But it was very persistent.

December 3, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by Happy with Sprintec (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Been on Sprintec for about 9 months now. So far so good! No nausea, no acne, no weight gain, no baby. What more can you ask for from a birth control pill?

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 3:52 PM

Review by brunettebeauty3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been taking this medicine for a few years now. And it works great for me. I have a four day period. My periods are light. I get little cramping but it's not that bad. Compared to what I used to have, a 7 day period heavy flow and alot and I mean alot of cramping it's ten times better. My mood has gotten alot better also.

December 3, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by Concave223333:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: The positive I had on this medication was having great, clear skin. But the negatives very heavily outweigh the positives. Ive been on this for a month and a half and already have to stop taking it. I get constant headaches, my mood swings are off the wall (affecting my boyfriend and i's relationship), nausea, difficulty concentrating, irrational thoughts and depression. Switching off of this immediately. If you are prone to depression DO NOT take this pill!

December 1, 2014 4:26 PM

Review by Katiebelle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking Mononessa for a little over 2 months now, and I love it! My periods used to be absolutely horrible (dreadful cramps and heavy bleeding) now they're not bad at all! I only had minor cramps on the first day. The flow was so light I never even needed a tampon. It hasn't effected my mood at all, coming from my fiancé. No nausea, or headaches. Only reason I give it a 9 instead of 10 is I feel like my acne is a little worse around my chin area :/

November 30, 2014 11:33 PM

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took Sprintec for 4 months and it was a fine and dandy birth control for pain with cramps, but I couldn't take the cystic acne it brought on. I never had acne before. The tenderness in the breasts was also quite bothersome. Other than that, good pill, but too much acne.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by NicoleXO:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Tri-Sprintec for years and my period is extremely regular and I get it on the same day every month. Acne has always been an issue, but it has definitely lightened up a bit since taking this birth control. If I miss a pill, my body lets me know. I get very nauseous and experience cramping just because I am so (reliant) in a sense, on it. Also, I never had any significant weight change at all while taking it. I also have gone up a cup size too! I've had no trouble with Tri-Sprintec and would recommend it to others.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 4:18 PM

Review by Horrible (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have never had such severe side effects with an oral contraceptive in the last 14 years (just turned 29); bloating, gas, 20lb weight gain, mood swings, still having cramps, and decreased sex drive. I gave it 3 months and it's just gotten worse. Beware ladies.

November 24, 2014 8:49 PM

Review by Notforme:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on this bc 2 & a half months before I decided to stop. This was not my first BC & previously I had no issues with bc. The first month was okay but around the 2nd month I started having terrible nausea at nighttime. To the point where I wasn't able to leave the house. I also had extremely decreased libido. Went from having sex daily to maybe once a week. No change in weight or appetite other than not wanting to eat because of the nausea. I have now been off of trisprintec for about a week & haven't had any nighttime nausea at all. Every bc effects everyone differently but this was not the one for me.

November 23, 2014 8:16 PM

Review by Mayleen35 (taken for less than 1 month):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on the pill for 4 days and so far, no side effects. My period is still normal and I feel great. This is the first type of birth control I've tried, and I'm really happy with it.

November 22, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Brianna2013:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking Sprintec for about 10 months. On the plus side- my face is very clear and my sex drive is normal; I also have very predictable, light and short periods. On the negative side, I experience PMS-like symptoms on the last two weeks of active pills... Bloating, cramps, swelling of breasts; etc. My appetite has increased considerably but I've had no major weight gain. Overall I'm happy with Sprintec, would definitely recommend!

November 17, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by Miss Tee (taken for less than 1 month):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I just started these pills last month I had a period for 5 days and then 2 days later I experienced heavy bleeding. This pill has been causing me to feel nauseated and having severe stomach pains. I do not recommended this prescription to anyone.

November 16, 2014 9:29 AM

Review by Nicole9319:

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Works as far as preventing pregnancy, shorter, on schedule periods, REALLY good for preventing acne, but HORRIBLE for weight gain. I literally gained almost 20 pounds when I started taking this. And a lot of people say it's because it makes you feel hungry more often so you eat more but I've had zero change in my diet so it must be something in the hormones. I've only been off this birth control for a week and a half and I've dropped 9 pounds.

November 12, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by Amanda222 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: After having trouble with the first birth control I tried, I switched to Mononessa and have been on it for 3 years! I love it and it's been a really easy birth control to take, so much so that one pharmacy didn't have it so I switched pharmacies. I can't remember any adverse side effects and I will continue to take this birth control

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by HALEYjo4578:

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: I have only been on this for a few weeks after switching from Lo loestrin. So far no mood changes which has been great because that was one of my biggest issues! No cramping or abnormal bleeding. So far I am extremely pleased with Ortho Cyclen.

October 28, 2014 11:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for 5 years and love it. I never had any side effects. I took Loestrin first and hated it, bad mood swings and increased appetite so I immediately switched to Sprintec and was completely happy. I recently had to switch to a new pill due to spotting between periods.

October 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by Yayaya I am Lorde:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is the only BC I've ever taken so I can't really compare it to others, but it's been good for me. Haven't gained any weight, and it makes my period regular. When I first started taking it, I didn't start the pack when I was supposed to because I only get my period a few times a year. I bled for like 3 weeks, but after that I was normal. It hasn't caused me to gain weight, but I do think I am a bit more emotional than before. My skin is much clearer since taking it

October 24, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've taken Sprintec for nearly three years now, and I love it. I have an incredibly predictable and easy period every month. Also, it has cleared my skin of acne noticeably well. I have never experienced any weight gain while on this pill either. However, something my boyfriend I both have noticed is that my sex drive has increased quite a bit, especially during the first couple months of taking!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by cajunsam:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been taking it for 2 months with no issue. Also my cramps are not as painful.

October 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by MNikole:

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm getting close to my sixth month on this birth control and I have some good and some bad things to say about it. My acne has cleared up a lot and my periods are lighter. On the contrary, I get my period about 4 days early. My breasts have gotten much larger and are constantly in pain. I also feel extremely depressed. This pill is free which is really nice, but I'm thinking about trying to switch to a pill that doesn't make me feel so down all of the time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 7:06 PM

Review by Mariah26:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I have taken Trinessa for about 8 months and during maybe the first 2 I felt some nausea, but it quickly cleared my acne up and also helped with my heavy, painful menstrul cycle. I also noticed that I have a smaller appetite now and I have lost 15 pounds during the summer but I'm not complaining.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 6:29 PM

Review by Mytilludie:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My doctor gave me this to try for three months. I couldn't get through the second month of it because it made me feel like puking constantly. Not the best feeling during finals tests.

October 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Review by kapowee21 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have used this birth control for a year now and I have not had ANY side effects. Even when I first started taking it nothing changed. I love how regular I am now and I love that it works perfectly as a contraceptive. I would really recommend this birth control to girls in their late teens if they decide to go on birth control like me (19). I really do love it. It's a great birth control.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate