User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 110 reviews 512 medications

5.6
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1332 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for 6 months, I have lost my sex drive, my cramps are worse then normal, my period last a full week, and I have worse acne then normal. I am changing my b/c at my next doctors visit!"

Pained23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started this medication about a week ago and hate it. My mood changed drastically and this past weekend found myself very depressed and having severe anxiety!! I also have a thyroid condition and this does not mix well at all. I am stopping this today. Did not work for me at all."

ALR3456 August 24, 2015

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "This medicine has worked pretty good for me. After having constant health problems such as weight gain, bad acne, and not having a period but once a year for 3 years and being told that it was "ok", I finally went to the OB/Gyne for another opinion. Found out that I had PCOS, and was placed on Ortho-Cyclen. This medicine started to clear my acne after 3 weeks of taking it and I started losing weight while on it. I lost a total of 6 pounds the first month and 8 the second month. The only drawback was that my period lasted for an entire 31 days the first month, but was told beforehand that it could last that long because of the time I went without a period."

Monae415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have loved this birth control for some time, but it has made me gain weight and enlarged my boobs which I hate. The last couple weeks, it has made me super depressed and have major mood changes which is why I am coming off this BC."

forevergirl12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This drug should NOT be allowed on the market. Severe anxiety, horrible depression and loss of appetite. 1st month was ok, however the second month was horrible. It has made me question the happiest I have ever been. My doctor had to prescribe anxiety medicine to help me get through the work week. Thank god it takes the depression away as well. Awful awful drug!"

Anonymous August 23, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "It's horrible.... my face broke out bad...got scars for life"

Anonymous August 23, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "This is an initial review seeing as though I haven't even gotten through the first pack yet. My doctor prescribed tri sprintec for my skin & to avoid weight gain. I take the pill everyday at 5:30 pm. An odd daily pattern has developed. In the morning I feel normal. Then by the early afternoon, I'll get a killer headache a couple hours before its time to take the pill! Once I take it, the headache subsides but I get nausea instantly (sometimes vomit) & lose my appetite for the night. Then I get fatigued fast and have been sleeping very early. By the next morning I feel back to normal. The headaches and nausea suck! I also noticed really painful under the skin pimples. Waiting for skin to clear. Boobs are getting bigger that's a plus"

TS-Starter (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Mononessa has prevented me from getting pregnant (even when I missed a pill), but not without side effects. I have been taking it for 2 years and have gained 15 pounds and constantly look bloated. I have vaginal discharge from it and experience vaginal dryness constantly. I don't have cravings from it but sometimes I have depressive mood swings. On the upside, my period went from being so painful I couldn't function to pretty light and barely any cramps."

cena95 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "My dermatologist put me on this to regulate my acne and I am currently on my third cycle using Trinessa. I had been on birth control for the same reason almost 2 years ago but I had a 15 lb weight gain in under 4 months which is crazy since I'm a runner. She told me these pills would not make me gain weight yet I've gone up around 7 lbs and noticed that my boobs have grown a lot. The only other side effect I have noticed is dizziness and headaches. But as for its effectiveness: my period is very regular and light and my face has completely cleared, I still get a few breakouts right before my period but it's usually not bad at all."

Runnerchick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This pill HAS worked for me very well very satisfied ! Been on it for 8 months controlled acne ( on my back) periods are normal. Cramping hmmm they hurt a lot worse though only that"

Mariilyyn August 21, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on Sprintec for over 2 years, and I was satisfied with it. I changed over from Yaz after I started having breakthrough bleeding on a regular basis. It stopped the breakthrough bleeding, plus my periods were only about 3-4 days long, with the heavier days being very mild. No cramping. My face would break out a little with my cycle, but it was manageable. I did have some mood fluctuations as well with my cycle. Of note, when I went to have an IUD placed due to the inability to take my pill on time every day, we did find incidentally during the routine ultrasound to place the IUD that I had a large ovarian cyst. Estrogen is supposed to suppress these cysts, so this might be of interest to someone looking at Sprintec to help with cysts."

dressagerdr (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on this bc for 2 months now and nothing but great things. Period is normal. No side effects. Weight loss and life is good. I mean I've never taken a pill. I've always had an IUD but this has been great and I would never go back."

Lovestruk7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "Im writing this because reading this same page is what ultimately convinced me to give birth control a try for my stubborn, cystic, HORMONAL acne. If you've tried everything in the book for acne like I have, (antibiotics, prescribed antibiotics, every OTC cream and wash on the market, DIY...) and it's been as a relentlessly tiring experience- please try BCPs. After talking w my dr, she said that after a week I should see a difference bc thats when your body adjusts. After a week seeing not only no difference but seemingly worse cystic acne all around my chin (my number #1 problem area) I ended up back on here and countless other websites to refer to other people's experiences. And thank god I did- GIVE IT TIME!!!! That's the key to this."

Bryannnaa August 20, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Went on sprintec after the birth of my daughter in December 2014. Was on it until now August 2015. It was good preventing pregnancy and made my periods lighter and lost all of my baby weight and 15 extra pounds with it. I was 134 before getting pregnant and now I'm 119. But it magnified my depression and anxiety causing me to have panic attacks never had that before this pill and made my libido with my husband of 2 years go down the tubes even made my relationship with him bad. And TMI - it made me have really bad constipation. I don't care for this drug at all, I think I may just go off it altogether. I've been off it for a week and feel much better."

Nikkidoll August 20, 2015

For Endometriosis: "I only started birth control because my cramps every month were so severe I would vomit and could barely walk. This lessened my cramps only slightly, but added cramping throughout the whole month instead of it just being the first three days of my period. I went to my doctor and switched today because she feels I could do better and reduce my period from 5 days to only 3. I never had any negative side effects that I noticed. I've always had some problems with acne, but Sprintec did not change it either way. I also had no abnormal mood issues from this medication. Since the only reason I'm on it is to stop cramps, and it didn't do that, I have to switch. I hope my new one will be successful and not have any side effects!"

killercramps (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on Sprintec for about a year and a half now and it's honestly the best birth control there is. I've had no negative side affects, all have been positive results. It works like it should, & has cleared my acne up incredibly."

Layne99 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "My senior year in high school I gained a lot of weight, we figured out it was all PCOS related. (60 pounds and I was a varsity athlete, now a high school graduate). I was an emotional wreck from the mood swings I had due to hormone imbalances. Tri-sprintec was perfect for me. It brought me back to normal, and after only 4 months on the pill I lost 20 pounds. I became happy me again. My periods returned, scene cleared up, and mood swings ended. Tri-sprintec, however, significantly increased my sex drive. It was there a little before the PCOS symptoms became noticeable. Then I had no sex drive from PCOS, but since I started it my sex dive has been pretty high for an 18 year old. Anyway, I would say if you have PCOS this pill rocks."

PCOS Girl6 August 18, 2015

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "Some pros: I grew 2 cup sizes, my flow is much lighter but no change in how long my periods last. Regular bowel movements and no mood swings. Cons: during the first pack I broke out like a preteen and now have to deal with (some) forehead and chin acne. Also experienced heavy uncomfortable cramping which eventually got better. Really sore breasts around the first week or two. I'm hungry all the time so I'm eating a lot more but no real change in weight."

Derpina (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on Tri-Sprintec for a year and a half. It's very effective against pregnancy, I believe it helped with acne. I didn't experience any weight gain, However, I did go through a very traumatic 4 month phase before I stopped taking it. Let's see, I had anxiety attacks. I've never in life had anxiety attacks, not even anxiety. I was moody 21 days and happy the 5 days while on my cycle. I was paranoid, scared, cried a lot and had rage. I stopped taking tri sprintec, and boom, pregnant with twins. But ever since I stopped taking tri sprintec, I haven't experienced any of those things yet, and my twins are 2 years old"

TraumaticPhase August 18, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This pill is total shit. it was prescribe to me to regulate my periods and while it did do that, the side effects were horrendous. The third week of the third month I suffered a severe panic attack at work and was out of work for the rest of that week. I barely left my house and was afraid to drive for the remainder of the week.I had subsequent panic attacks and severe anxiety for the rest of that week along with chest pains and heart palpitations. At one point my anxiety levels were so high I thought I would vomit. I was so scared that I would drop dead any minute from a heart attack. This drug made me a severely anxious emotional irrational mess of a human being. and many of the side effects have lingered for the past five months...."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts: "My Doctor mainly put me on this to get my hormones back into rhythm after being really sick and to prevent PCOS since it runs in my family. I guess it is doing the job, but I have noticed my breast beginning swelling and getting tender 2 weeks before my period. I do have some nausea, but the main reason why I want to get off the pill eventually is because it has lowered my sex drive to almost nothing. I would consider myself at the age where my sex drive should be the absolute highest, but it is currently at a flat 0."

Sz11111 August 17, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've only been on this for about a month and a half and the first month wasn't bad at all, my period was light and the only side effect was mild nausea. The second month however, total disaster. I'm not sure if it's me - because I get really motion sick very easily, but I'm pretty sure this pill is giving me really bad vertigo, I'm so light- headed, I'm constantly on the verge of puking, all I want to do is lay still and not move a muscle. Maybe I'm just evening out the hormones or something but if this is how it's always going to be I'm not sure I can handle it any longer. I'm finishing the second pack but I think after that I'm moving on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm 22, normal weight, healthy. I was nauseous and broke out for the first week. My boobs were basically always tender, but they also swelled (I'm like an A cup, so I saw that as a plus). I have always been an easy-cryer, and it did intensify that. I've always had a low libido so I don't think changed MUCH (although my libido went way up after getting off of Sprintec). I was sad to have to get off it because I had such minor side effects, but the issue I had was bleeding for 7 months. It was light- I went through about 2 panty liners per day and didn't need to sleep in anything- until the last week when I got fed up. I bled so much that I was blacking out and feeling sick. I stopped cold turkey and got headaches but the bleeding is over!!!"

Jilly1993 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The first month on Sprintec was really difficult to get through. I was extremely emotional with bloating and mood swings. After the third month things got a lot easier. My breakouts have decreased a ton besides a few before my period. Period is a lot shorter than it ever used to be which is great! Unfortunately this made my cramps worse the week before my period but other than that it's been great!"

Akp232313 August 16, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've be on this BC for 3 weeks now iv been spotting for about a week now I start the white pills tomorrow a little nausea after taking the pill but I'm sure it's because of empty stomach but other then that no other problems"

Natasha935 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015