User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 95 reviews 512 medications

5.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1246 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "It has been a very good birth control it just made me very sick at first. It made me so sick that I actually lost weight. I constantly felt nauseous and even made me throw up sometime. The first few months I had normal to light periods and my skin was glowing! Aside from how sick it made me, I definitely recommend this birth control."

Bryze June 30, 2015

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Absolute worst side effects I've ever experienced. Depression & aggression are now apart of my everyday life. I've been on this for 3 months. I'm late every month which never happened before. I'm a newlywed & my sex life is almost non-existent. My period is light & I barely have cramps. I have not gotten pregnant. It isn't worth it. This sadness & self induced seclusion is terrible. I'll be burning my pack tonight."

krrisstta June 27, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I went on this pill when I was 17. The first 6 months were dreadful. An emotional freak, always crying. After my body got used to it, I was totally fine. My boobs went from an A to a C, I did gain a little weight however I blame that on college. I am able to lose weight easily when I diet while on the pill. Never got pregnant, even with missing pills. Regular period, LIGHT period. I would recommend this pill, once your body gets used to it it will be fine."

DaniNicc June 26, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "This drug made me crazy. Horrible mood swings, leg aches, crying spells, insomnia. Yikes!"

Christina001 June 26, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this certain kind of BC for about 3 months now. The pill does its job, by I constantly feel sick to my stomach and have absolutely no appetite. I have to make myself eat during the day. Everyone's body adjusts differently, but I wouldn't recommend."

KB2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "this is my first birth control method I used and I've been on it for 5 months now. it's work perfect, periods are like and I barely get cramps. I did gain weight from this but that was the point of me getting on it other than for my period. I definitely recommend it"

dawg c June 25, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm twenty-five-years old and still suffer from mild, cystic acne. I did my research as far as using a contraceptive to combat acne goes and found that using a monophasic pill (which keeps your hormone levels at an even keel throughout the month), such as Sprintec, can sometimes be the best choice for young women. I've been on this birth control for about three months. It has cleared my skin like no other birth control pill I've used before. Another positive side effect as a result of taking Sprintec has been my breasts. I've gone up an entire cup size, with very little weight gain elsewhere. Cons: nausea. If I don't take the pill around the same time every day, and/or I take it on an empty stomach, this stuff makes me nauseous."

MichelleCaroline (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for almost a year now, and this is the only birth control I have ever been on. My period is erratic, and has been 4 days late before. I have insane cravings, and went from having regular light easy periods to long painful ones. The second month out of the three month pack is always the better month, but I am certainly switching. Also lost about 10 pounds, and nothing I've tried works to gain it back. Every body is different though! Good luck on your birth control quest!"

hawkinsamb June 24, 2015

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about 3 years now and it's worked fine thus far. My weight maintained stable, no acne, I haven't had any more mood swings than I would if I wasn't on it and obviously I haven't gotten pregnant after having unprotected sex. My only complaint is that every once in a while I get some spotting for a few days."

Anonymous 2090 June 22, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Cons: Experienced a significant increase in appetite, which led to lots of weight gain (I went from 115 lbs to 125 lbs after 6 months of use). I felt bloated all the time and I felt like I looked 4 months pregnant. Also, I had no sex drive at all. Breast tenderness/pain was a problem too Pros: I didn't get pregnant, my mood was pretty stable, my skin was clear, and periods were pretty light."

elh594 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This birth control regulated my period, made my skin look great and made my boobs grow. It made me very hungry all the time and my sex drive went shooting up. good stuff"

hantahjdtgstedrfyfhg (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I changed over to the 10mg of this after my doctor recommended taking the BRCA testing which came back with a 41% mutation. I was on this pill for three months and got pregnant. I am now 3 1/2 months pregnant. I needed to go on a low estrogen birth control because I have three cases of breast cancer in my family and they all seem to be estrogen related. I don't know what happen, but the side affects were bad too and it didn't work. I would be careful on this, as I took mine like clockwork and I'm not overweight."

Carrie84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This medicine has been working really well for me. I'm on my third pack, taking it at exactly the same time every day. I had 0 side affects. My breasts did get a little bigger which was nice but I didn't gain weight anywhere else. My periods used to be irregular and painful with heavy mood swings but now my periods are very regular and I can't feel them almost at all. Really happy with the results!"

Jules35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Previfem for about three years now. The beginning of each new pack I get extremely sick to the point of puking all night & can't keep anything down. On the bright side, I've had a lot of unprotected sex & I haven't gotten pregnant so it does work for birth control. Time to switch. Can't handle the up all night sickness anymore."

BreBre679 June 18, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been on this pill for 2 years and the only negative side effects are my boobs grew a cup size (Many women would love this!) and my hair was dry and would break off for the first few months. Also the first two months my periods were SO heavy, but I decided to give it a little time and I'm glad I did! The positives are great. Very little cramping compared to the cramps I had before I got on BC...thank God!!! Also, periods are only 4 days and I know exactly what day I will start each month. No weight gain which I am happy about. Tried a different pill a few years ago and blew up like a balloon! Overall, this is a great choice!"

SR2015 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My daughter was taking Generess for two years loved it but then insurance doesnt cover it and the whopping $142 monthly to continue just couldnt afford. So we tried Trinessa and only in the first month but my daughter has had such severe bleeding the entire time she has been on this pill also has had some blood clots. I know it takes a little time to get in your system and work effectively but not sure if she will continue on this or not. But has helped awesomely with her acne."

Jenmeg June 18, 2015

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I just switched from a different birth control brand that I was on for 2 months and switched to mononessa. The first 3 weeks of being on mononessa I had a lot of irregular bleeding. Now I'm taking my inactive pill and I am not bleeding at all. I am very frustrated. Since it is my first month I am going to give this new pill 1 more month and if I still have irregular bleeding then I am,switching. However, on a positive note, it has cleared up my acne and I am loving that."

Bport2015 June 16, 2015

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this medicine because my insurance wouldn't cover Ortho Tricyclen. This is only my second month, but I'm done - severe migraine throughout my period, tension headaches the rest of the time, and terrible over-bleeding, a problem I've never had with any other birth control."

ChiChenn June 15, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have taken Sprintec for over a year now. Biggest side affect i had was with my hair and nails. For this first month I thought I might loose all my hair, but it just got a lot thinner, which is ok for me because I had really thick hair. My nails became softer and have very small ridges. They tear easy now, but the debilitating cramping has completed subsided which is why I take the pills. No weight gain, nausea or mood changes for me."

ta605438 June 15, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My insurance no longer covers Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO so I had to switch to Sprintec, which I assume is the generic version. The first thing I noticed is that the pills were quite a bit larger which may have no effect on anything at all. I have been experiencing severe nausea, as well as loss of appetite and fatigue. I understand that it probably takes some time for the body to get used to the hormones. However, I am surprised at how strong my symptoms are, considering I never went off BC entirely, just switched brands. I learned early on to take BC medication before bed to ease the nausea, but this really hasn't helped with the Sprintec. I look forward to the improvement in my complexion that others have reported!"

Brandi Carmella June 15, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This was a great BC. I had absolutely no cramping while on my period, no weight gain and beautiful skin. I had no side effects. My period became regulated and I felt absolutely nothing while it was on."

Kblocker95 June 14, 2015

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I've been on Mononessa for approximately 17 months to treat PCOS and prevent pregnancy. PROS 1) Consistent periods 2) Little to no cramping 3) No spotting 4) No increase in acne CONS 1) Digestive problems This has been the most troubling issue. Mononessa aggravated my constipation and no amount of exercise or dietary restrictions can alleviate this issue. See below. 2) Weight gain I lost about 8 - 10 lbs after the first 4 months of taking the pill but I've been steadily gaining weight since then. In fact, I've surpassed the weight I was prior to starting Mononessa (> 10 lbs) despite a healthy diet and exercise. 3) Hair loss (from the scalp) I had to get another cover for my shower drain because it was so bad."

Anonymous1111242 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on trinessa for 5 years. Age 17 to 21. My doctor prescribed it for hormonal acne I had. I also use it for birth control and it has worked perfectly. The first two months I had mood swings, which is to be expected when putting hormones into yourself. I went up two cupsizes. I didn't notice it clearing my acne for about 2 or 3 months but it's worth the wait. I do still get cramps but nothing a motion can't fix. My acne is still present occasionally, but that is definitely due to genetics. The pill makes my periods extremely regular and accurate, which is great. I get them the fourth Wednesday of every month always around 10-11am. I would recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been taking it for about three months and I have no problems. Maybe a slight spike in emotions here and there, especially around the days of my period. I take them every mornings as soon and I wake up. My skin has also been pretty clear, a zit here and there maybe. I've had no weight gain. My period has been extremely regular, like mind blowing regular! And it's also extremely effective for the prevention of pregnancy! I love this pill. I was previously on LoEsterin and I had significant weight gain, so this stuff is miraculous! Love my birth control!"

Hannaah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on this birth control from September to April (last full month taking it)> At first I didn't have any problems, but by the third month I was crazy emotional and would cry for no reason, my boobs grew from a B to a big C almost a D, and I gained about 7 on it and felt constantly bloated. My periods weren't significantly better. The only positive thing was that I was baby free, and I had an increased sex drive."

ley452 June 9, 2015