User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Ovarian Cysts 57 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 129 reviews 162 medications

4.9
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1831 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I got on this birth control a month and a half after I had my first baby. Everything was fine and it worked well to help me not get pregnant until the depression started. The doctors thought I had PPD it was so bad I couldn't go 20 mins without having a panic attack. The doctors put me on depression meds also and that completely made me feel like I was on auto pilot. After reading everyone's comments inhere I'm convinced that my high anxiety and depression is caused from this. I will be stopping immediately. Take my advice, use condoms and don't let a birth control take your mental health."

Major depression (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I loved this pill and it worked wonderfully for me. As long as I ate with the pill during the first week, I never felt nauseous. The only reason I'm having to switch now is because my insurance no longer covers enough of it and I can't afford $150 a month. Very nervous to leave a pill that worked so well for me."

Evaria May 25, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Trinessa by my doctor in September of 2015 and have been taking it ever since. This is the only form of birth control that I have been on, which is why I gave it 9/10. It works very well. Prior to taking Trinessa, I had some acne but ever since, I have clear skin and rarely ever get a pimple. I had one minor headache when I first began taking this medicine but have not had one since. Make sure that you eat before or immediately after taking the pill, otherwise you will feel nauseous. My periods are much lighter and cramps are almost nonexistent. I definitely recommend this as a birth control."

Lil A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "For the love of God do not take this medicine. MOOD SWINGS ARE NONSTOP. My poor boyfriend tried to tell me they started since I got on this pill. I didn't believe him until I read reviews and realized everyone who takes this has the same problem. I started this on the first Sunday which just happened to be the first day of my period. I've been on my period every week since I started taking this and I took the first sugar pill 3 days ago and now the bleeding is severe. My acne is awful and my boobs doubled in size from swelling. They don't even want to stay inside my bra. Do not take this. Please."

ChelseaElizabeth May 25, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm so relieved I read all of these reviews. For the past few months after my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem, I have been so depressed and anxious, crying at random times whether I'm at work or home. I nearly destroyed my relationship and I've had absolutely no desire to do anything I used to love. I'm getting off this immediately."

Ajohnson813 May 24, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Works wonderfully. My acne is relatively clear and I no longer have cramping the day I start my period. My period lasts about 5 days from the previous 7. It is much lighter too. I have had no issues with this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was 24 this was my first birth control.My weight initially fluctuate from 115lb to 120 but never more. On this birth control for 1 year i had notice increase in appetite.Breast size increase from a Small B been like that forever to a full C.Weight increased to 145lb In 1 year.Skin was slightly clearer but has occasional breakout on chin meaning hormonal imbalance.Asked my NP to switch me to a lower hormone BCP because of weight gain she says it's might be my diet that has to change but I insisted. She change me to nuva ring. Tried it for 6 months convinent but gained more weight up to 151lb. I'm getting off these hormone birth control they are increasing my appetite. Unmotivational mood I'm changing to Paraguard IUD no hormone."

Lh24 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've been on this medication for 6 months already and my skin is worse than before taking it. I'm have suffered from acne for 17 years, but I had not had any breakouts on my forehead for a long time until I got on this pill. I won't even talk about my chin because it's terrible. I really feel frustrated because I have spent thousands of dollars trying to find a solution for my chronic acne and I have not been successful. I've tried antibiotics, ointments, scrubs, etc... my last resource was this pill and it didn't work."

Sonia3039 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is my 2nd month on Sprintec and it's been working well for me. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo prior and my mood swings and emotions were out of control. I do still get a bit nauseous at the beginning of the pack, but it may be because I take my pill early in the morning (have a good meal before you take it) it has also helped calm down my cystic acne. (I'm 25 and I've never had acne before until a couple of months ago due to stress at work) Most importantly, this does work for prevention of pregnancy! I have unprotected sex with my partner 2-3x a week. Remember to get enough rest, eat well and exercise even if you feel super lazy and tired. It's the hormones!"

SallyThatGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on sprintec for about 7 months and from the 2nd month I got periods 2-3 times a month with a very heavy flo. I also started to not care about anyone or anything. I was very insensitive about thing which I should have some effect on me. Sex drive dropped drastically. From having sex 4 times a day to no sex for 3-5 weeks at a time. I was always tired. Just to wake up in the morning was a whole job in itself and I stayed tired all day. My husband and I agreed on not taking it o ly bc of the amount of my flo each time (again 2-3 times a month). I do not recommend this pill to anyone."

Delkash May 20, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is terrible, honestly. I was on ortho tri cyclen but then my pharmacy told me I ran out of refills. Ever since I was put on this I have gained 10 lbs in 3 months (which I haven't gained/loss more than 3 lbs in over 5 years). My moodiness has caused me to start fights with my boyfriend like crazy and I feel awful almost 24/7 even though I'm on Prozac as well. The only thing that works is the actual birth control part."

Potentiallyjess May 20, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on this medication for over 9 years and it works great for me. My periods are way lighter and the pain is much more manageable. It causes no mood swings or weight gain for me. Overall, works great and is very affordable; my insurance covers all of it, but even without insurance it's only $9/month."

JC6814 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have used this medication for about a year now. I have had migraines, but I have them in my genetics so I am not blaming the pill! As far as I know, it has been 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. I have not had a baby grow inside of me lol. My periods have gotten lighter and the start on about the Wednesday of the placebo pill week. I just chalk this up to when I used to be on Minastrin and that's when my period used to start on that pill. So all in all, I love it. Safe, free with my insurance, great option."

jenileesmith16 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I went from my regular Othro Tri-Cyclen lo, to this version. It is by far one of the worst pills. While it did prevent pregnancy, I have been very moody, I could get angry or cry over the smallest things. This pill has had me depressed. My blood pressure is also unusually high, on top of that I've broken out on my face. This pill has me feeling unlike myself, I've never had problems until I started this pill. Never again!"

Kylan (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "The pharmacy said my old bc was no longer covered and gave me this saying the ingredients were the same when I asked. Obviously there's varying degrees. I bled for over two weeks the last week I questioned whether I had ruptured cyst, miscarriage.. The cramps were soo horrendous I threw up. HORRIBLE!!!!"

Nayo1937 May 18, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "While I havent been on it long I can say I have been WORLDS different. I originally was on sprintec for a good 10 years. Got new job where I just got my rxs filled there (ins requirement) was given estraylla as a substitute can we say all hell broke loose on it. Moody(which Im not at all), gained 15lbs, always bloated, foods I should want and love made me sick,no sex drive, horrible periods, lethargic etc etc. Well then the pharmacy got mononessa in, no joke within a week the bloating subsided, I dropped 5lbs, mood was way better, drive is back. Honestly feel better on it then even sprintec.Watch your inactive ingredients, thoes are what cause the side effects more than the hormones."

Yeeeup (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started Trinessa a month and a half ago after being on Ortho Tri cyclen Lo for a year. So far it's been great with helping my painful periods, clearing up acne, and preventing pregnancy. The only complaint I have is the slight nausea every now and then along with feeling fatigued, I assume this should go away the more I use it so right now it's a waiting game. Other than that I like it."

flyhi23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have little to no acne thanks to these. The only problem I face is bloating"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Bad nausea, depression, anxiety, swollen face, and INSANE mood swings. I honestly feel like this birth control is ruining my life and I haven't even completed an entire month."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Due to new insurance, I switched form Ortho-Cyclen to Sprintec in March (starting my third pack of Sprintec now). I noticed a pretty significant change in my mood/attitude: I have a lack of motivation, increased feelings of sadness, and my energy level is lower than it ever has been. In the first month of taking Sprintec, I had a breakouts of acne, more than I usually had. However, this seemed to clear up and has not been a problem the last couple weeks. I'm hoping that my body is just getting used to the new pill and that everything will balance out and my mood will return to normal. Other than that, the pill does what it is supposed to!"

nicole_133 May 15, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was originally put on OrthoTricyclin Lo for my acne, but I couldn't afford it so I was switched to trisprintec. Like I said, I was originally put on this for acne, but then my boyfriend and I started having sex so I was using it for it's BC effects too. It has worked WONDERS. My acne has cleared up, I'm not pregnant (you need to take it regularly though! don't forget!), no mood swings, and my periods are shorter and lighter. However, I didn't experience the GOOD side effects till after 3 months in! I was moody, bloated, and nauseous, but my body needed to get used to it. I encourage you to try and stick it out for a bit if you just started and are feeling that way. keep up with it and maybe you'll like it too!"

Emu Lover (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I started taking this pill about a year ago and I LOVE it. I originally went on it for sever acne and it completely cleared up. I read all this stuff about people gaining weight but I've maintained the same weight I've had for 3 years now. Also I haven't got pregnant which is the most important thing!"

Kayla49289 May 13, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Please, listen to you doctor and do not read reviews. I was scared to death when I was reading all these horrible reviews. I've been on this pill for a month now and it's been wonderful. Not moody, I feel it has actually made me more relax and layed back. No bloating. Have not gained weight. Take it correctly and take it at the exact time and everyday."

Clauuuu (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My pharmacy changed my birth control pill to this. From the very beginning I experienced symptoms that my doctor did not explain to me. I began experiencing shortness of breath, tachycardia, severe dizziness, heart burn and indigestion. I also noticed that every time I drank coffee the symptoms would get worse. I do not recommend this medication. I got off this medication about 3 weeks ago and now I'm feeling much better except for the occasional dizzy spell. Working out and eating well have helped me manage the symptoms. Please consider other brands because it's not worth feeling sick all the time while taking this medication."

Salex (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I had absolutely no problems with this birth control. No nausea, spotting, mood changes, whatsoever. It reduced my menstrual cramps. Also made my boobs swell, but I think that's a good thing haha. Anyways, I switched to Trinessa (another generic for Ortho Tri Cyclen), because it's free with my insurance, and it gave me migraine with aura as well as mood changes. I really wish I stuck to Tri Lo Sprintec."

Jobela May 12, 2016