User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 73 reviews 507 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1029 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Review by Notforme:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on this bc 2 & a half months before I decided to stop. This was not my first BC & previously I had no issues with bc. The first month was okay but around the 2nd month I started having terrible nausea at nighttime. To the point where I wasn't able to leave the house. I also had extremely decreased libido. Went from having sex daily to maybe once a week. No change in weight or appetite other than not wanting to eat because of the nausea. I have now been off of trisprintec for about a week & haven't had any nighttime nausea at all. Every bc effects everyone differently but this was not the one for me.

November 23, 2014 8:16 PM

Review by Mayleen35 (taken for less than 1 month):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on the pill for 4 days and so far, no side effects. My period is still normal and I feel great. This is the first type of birth control I've tried, and I'm really happy with it.

November 22, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Brianna2013:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking Sprintec for about 10 months. On the plus side- my face is very clear and my sex drive is normal; I also have very predictable, light and short periods. On the negative side, I experience PMS-like symptoms on the last two weeks of active pills... Bloating, cramps, swelling of breasts; etc. My appetite has increased considerably but I've had no major weight gain. Overall I'm happy with Sprintec, would definitely recommend!

November 17, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by Miss Tee (taken for less than 1 month):

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I just started these pills last month I had a period for 5 days and then 2 days later I experienced heavy bleeding. This pill has been causing me to feel nauseated and having severe stomach pains. I do not recommended this prescription to anyone.

November 16, 2014 9:29 AM

Review by Nicole9319:

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Works as far as preventing pregnancy, shorter, on schedule periods, REALLY good for preventing acne, but HORRIBLE for weight gain. I literally gained almost 20 pounds when I started taking this. And a lot of people say it's because it makes you feel hungry more often so you eat more but I've had zero change in my diet so it must be something in the hormones. I've only been off this birth control for a week and a half and I've dropped 9 pounds.

November 12, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by Amanda222 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: After having trouble with the first birth control I tried, I switched to Mononessa and have been on it for 3 years! I love it and it's been a really easy birth control to take, so much so that one pharmacy didn't have it so I switched pharmacies. I can't remember any adverse side effects and I will continue to take this birth control

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by HALEYjo4578:

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: I have only been on this for a few weeks after switching from Lo loestrin. So far no mood changes which has been great because that was one of my biggest issues! No cramping or abnormal bleeding. So far I am extremely pleased with Ortho Cyclen.

October 28, 2014 11:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for 5 years and love it. I never had any side effects. I took Loestrin first and hated it, bad mood swings and increased appetite so I immediately switched to Sprintec and was completely happy. I recently had to switch to a new pill due to spotting between periods.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by Yayaya I am Lorde:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is the only BC I've ever taken so I can't really compare it to others, but it's been good for me. Haven't gained any weight, and it makes my period regular. When I first started taking it, I didn't start the pack when I was supposed to because I only get my period a few times a year. I bled for like 3 weeks, but after that I was normal. It hasn't caused me to gain weight, but I do think I am a bit more emotional than before. My skin is much clearer since taking it

October 24, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've taken Sprintec for nearly three years now, and I love it. I have an incredibly predictable and easy period every month. Also, it has cleared my skin of acne noticeably well. I have never experienced any weight gain while on this pill either. However, something my boyfriend I both have noticed is that my sex drive has increased quite a bit, especially during the first couple months of taking!

October 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by cajunsam:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been taking it for 2 months with no issue. Also my cramps are not as painful.

October 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by Mariah26:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I have taken Trinessa for about 8 months and during maybe the first 2 I felt some nausea, but it quickly cleared my acne up and also helped with my heavy, painful menstrul cycle. I also noticed that I have a smaller appetite now and I have lost 15 pounds during the summer but I'm not complaining.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 6:29 PM

Review by Mytilludie:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My doctor gave me this to try for three months. I couldn't get through the second month of it because it made me feel like puking constantly. Not the best feeling during finals tests.

October 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Review by kapowee21 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have used this birth control for a year now and I have not had ANY side effects. Even when I first started taking it nothing changed. I love how regular I am now and I love that it works perfectly as a contraceptive. I would really recommend this birth control to girls in their late teens if they decide to go on birth control like me (19). I really do love it. It's a great birth control.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 3:49 PM

Review by j15mendoza:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started taking Sprintec to avoid pregnancy and regulate my periods. I finished 2 packs already and I just started my third this week. I started the pack two weeks after my period and I did get my period 2 weeks late but it was super heavy the first two days and I have really bad cramps. I got my period late again last month but that was my fault for not keeping up with my pills and my period wasn't as bad this time. It's the third month and now I noticed that I gained weight but not a dramatic amount and I have gone up a size in my bra cup and my underwear and jeans. I do tend to get moodier than what I used to but it's not as dramatic. That's only been about 3x. My sex drive has not changed. It might have even increased a bit. I'm 19.

October 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Kat94:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was originally on Trisprintec and got switched to Trinessa and ever since have had nothing but problems I get a period every two weeks, I vomit all the time and have gained alot of weight. I've been on this pill for 7 months now so my body should be used to it by now. Very unhappy.

October 9, 2014 3:01 PM

Review by AcneProbs (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I started taking Tri-Sprintec 7 months ago. I mainly wanted it to treat acne but also as birth control. I had moderate acne and it actually took a while for the pill to finally help my skin. I had to be patient with it because it took about 4-5 months for my skin to clear up with occasional pimples around my period. The pill did thankfully increase my breasts size after a couple weeks to a month of taking it, and I felt like my appetite has increased but I've only gained around 7 pounds since I started and I've always been at 100 pounds. This pill has been great to me and I haven't had any problems with it so far (that I know of).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2014 3:54 PM

Review by kayvee123:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for years now. Never had any issues, no pregnancy scares and no side effects. My skin is pretty normal and my weight issues have to do more with me stuffing my face with cookies and ice cream than due to birth control.

September 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Review by Funny girl (taken for less than 1 month):

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I primarily took this to control my periods so I don't have to stress out even more on finals week. I have no mood swings but I do get more nauseous than usual. I also got my cystic acne back (6 simples vs 3 tiny usual pimples). I have oily skin and realize that a lot of it has to do with that and not cleaning my face properly. However, I realize that mino cycline and doxycycline have worked wonders with my acne in the past. Though they are not birth control, I would consider those instead for those of you interested in clearing up your skin best.

September 22, 2014 4:46 PM

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've had been on Trinessa for a year and a few months, ran out and because of insurance issues couldn't get back on it until this month, all together taken it for almost two years. The whole time when I first started and this second time I started taking it again have both been good (and the same) experiences. I have experienced bloating and increased discharge (which both suck a lot), but on the plus side no weight gain, no headaches, no change in my period (it's always been really short except when I used the Depo shot), no change in sex-drive. I have recommended this to a friend.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2014 9:59 PM

Review by Jessyy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is a great birth control and also has a couple bad side effects I possibly have arthritis in my knee I only noticed shortly after starting this pill. I'm going to the doctor in a couple days to find out what is actually wrong so this pill might not have anything to do with it. The worst side effect is I cry and get upset almost everyday. I have extreme mood swings however my body and face is beautiful and better than ever sex drive is pretty high and great for me. My breasts look fantastic, have grown at least 1 cup size. I don't think I've had weight gain. I have a small flat belly and have only gained weight in the parts a girl would want, my boyfriend loves my body more than ever!

September 19, 2014 11:49 PM

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking Tri-Previfem for a month now. On the second day of being on the pill I experienced constant nausea & stomach pain. When I got my period the cramping became severe almost unbearable & my period last for 2 weeks. This pill is not for me.

September 19, 2014 6:50 AM

Review by Quinnzie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm using this pill for the second time -- for the last few years, I didn't need birth control as the man I was committed to had a vasectomy. The first time I used Ortho TriCyclen I was 18 and continued use until 21. Now I'm 25 and have been using it again for 2 months now. I love this pill! The only negatives I've experienced have been very mild and include slight weight gain (5 lbs), but mainly in the breasts and hips (and whoever complained about looking more like an hourglass??), and I've also, after two periods on it, have noticed that my periods are more painful. It's not awful in my case, I never really had a problem with cramping anyway without the pill. But, my periods are very light, short (2-3 days), and manageable. No complaints!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 12:16 PM

Review by Vannahpie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took Trinessa for a year and had no negative side effects, but I decided to try a few other birth control pills in an attempt to have a shorter period. Every single one of them left me moody, depressed, and my sex drive was completely non existent. Trinessa is the only birth control I've been able to find that both helps with acne and doesn't destroy my sex drive. However on the last week of active pills my breasts usually feel heavy and sore and I will break out a little more than the rest of the month.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 10:45 PM

Review by VannahBoo:

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: It's made me throw up on about 3 occasions, but other than that, it's been very effective.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate