User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, TriNessa, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 93 reviews 513 medications

5.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1196 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I am about to start my 4th month of TriNessa and to be honest my skin is nowhere near what I thought it would be. I can definitely say my skin has gotten a lot better. I suffered from very bad consistent cystic acne on my cheeks. Since taking this, it has subsided. However, I don't feel like I necessarily have less acne. I still get a couple cystic pimples and break out pretty badly the week before my period and during. I also have bad scars which I have been treating with peels. Although I have seen a huge improvement in my skin, I still do not feel comfortable without makeup. I was hoping by the end of 3 months I would have almost completely clear skin. I have had acne since about 12/13 and I am now 22. Any suggestions? Help please!!!"

Annie Beth May 22, 2015

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I have been taking it for almost a year now, I am thinking on switching. I have gained 20 pounds over the time I have taken it. Can't lose the weight either! My cravings are really bad, which also does not help the weight loss. I get super moody at times and I'm always tired. The first few months taking it, my sex drive plummeted. I didn't want my man to touch me, look at me, I was so moody. My acne before and after my period is horrendous. The only good thing about this medication is my period is lighter. I received this medication from a Planned Parenthood clinic, I will definitely be going to a GYN next month to change this."

Kcrandell May 22, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for exactly one year, and only up until this month have I got problems. Throughout the duration, I got more moody and felt more depressed the week before and 2 days into my period, I get excess yeast exactly one week after my period on the first week of my pill, and lately I've been experiencing nausea, its manageable just very irritating. My doctor suggested I switch to "Lolo" but besides that, this pill was very easy and the side effects didn't last long. They just gave me bad cramps instead of reducing it."

Aerosmith96 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on these pills for 1 year and 3 months, and I've finally got the chance to switch. These pills gave me less menstrual cramps, but an increase in migraines. My libido completely died and I had depression/mood swings while on it."

LadyMocha (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2015

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking previfem about 4 months ago (I've been on it for about a month) and it was pretty awful. At the beginning my acne got worse and I wanted to eat everything. I actually thought that I was pregnant because of my mood swings and the fact that gained 10 pounds. After the 2nd month my acne totally cleared up but I was still gaining weight, when I went to the Doctor for a check up he noticed I was a bit heavier and thats when I got off it. It also made my face really fat ????"

Anonymous May 21, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I had never been on birth control before so I was super nervous when I got married to start taking it. I read all the reviews, the horror stories and success stories and it seems to me everyones body takes the pill differently. I have been on the pill for a year now. The first month was aggravating was very nauseous had a lot of extra bleeding, but now my body is use to it and I feel no side effects I take it at night before bed on a full stomach. My periods are regular (granted I have always had a regular period) my acne and weight have stayed the same. The only thing I feel is different is during that time of month I am even more moody. No pregnancy or pregnancy scares even with missing a few pills"

lambert2230 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I been on it for about 5 years now its been good but lately each time I take it I feel like throwing up. I am wondering if I should switch. I do recommend it but watch your side effects as years are passing."

Juhf May 21, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started Sprintec about two weeks ago. I started taking it because of my irregular periods and painful cramps. So far I have had little symptoms but nothing huge. I have been spotting brown discharge since my last period everyday. That's kind of annoying and I hope it goes away. And my breasts have been tender in the morning. Other than that, I haven't had any weight gain and my mood has been good. So far this pill has been great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I been on sprintec for about 3 weeks and it works great and my period is reg. I have not been sick or had any negative side effects at all. But, my acne have been clearing up, decrease of appetite, and a little moody for the first four hours after I taken the pill. I love this birth control since the ring made me really sick, gain weight, intense headaches, and made me bleed for two months straight at a time. I would recommend that you eat something before taking the pill to avoid headaches. Other than that it isn't all bad for me. I think everyone need to experience it for themselves instead of believing everything you hear or read because every experience is different. I had read over half of these reviews before I decided to take sprinte"

bright star 3456 May 14, 2015

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I'm 27 never been on birth control before in my life .I'm due for surgery to remove a polyp on my uterus. I was also told I couldn't have kids per HSG testing. So I'm having laparoscopy surgery as well. I was put on birth control to stop my period or thin my uterine lining. I'm 3 and 1/2 weeks into the active pack and I'm still bleeding. HELP ME PLEASE"

Blacbetty May 14, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started this pill about 2 months ago and during both months I bled in the middle of the pack. My doc insists its just breakthrough bleeding and that I am still protected but the bleeding is hard to deal with. It's about as heavy as a period and it lasts at least 10 days! I'm considering switching because of this. Other than that, no side effects, maybe a slight shift in mood... I'm a little more agitated than usual."

tmdp (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Honestly I absolutely love it!!! Its the only pills that have worked for me"

Ejkfhkthduylg; May 13, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was put on Ortho Tri-cyclen for a year then I was forced to switch to Trinessa because insurance didn't cover it. I have been on it 5 months and it has been the same as Ortho. I have had weight gain, which I love. Breast tenderness isn't as bad but they swell three weeks into a pack. Nausea every first week of pack. Cramping sucks. But I get my period every fourth day of placebo. Literally Thursday morning I start and I LOVE it. My periods are decently light. Overall, favorite pill."

Angelenia May 11, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "This stuff is like a wonder pill! My acne is clearing up, my boobs look fuller, didn't change my sex drive, my moods are the same and it fully protects me from having a baby. I couldn't be happier with this because I have tried lots of brands and wasn't on birthcontrol for about four years because I didn't want to go through the same process of hating the form of birth control I was using but my Dr knew exactly what to give me. Be honest with your Dr and always do your research:)"

Alikay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This pill has been absolutely amazing. I can truly say that I have had no problems with it. It definitely does it job and does it well. My oily skin has cleared and I have actually lost weight ! I am eating less and it's great. I would definitely recommend this oral contraception for anyone who gas had it rough with other pills.! I do get my period every month so I am thinking about switching to one that I won't get it but other than that I love this pill!"

Justinee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2015

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for about three months and have decided to stop taking the pill. I have had major mood swings while taking this pill. As well as being nausea and just not feeling well. The pill is effective as a birth control. But the side effects were not worth having"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm 20 and this is my first birth control. I got it to control my acne and to prevent pregnancy. The very first day I took it I felt horribly nauseous but thankfully it went away and hasn't come back since. My complaint is the cramping! I basically cramp everyday or every other day. The pain is on the outside "lady bit" region too. So far this is the only side effect for me. My sex drive is the same, still waiting for acne control, and I haven't experienced increased discharge. I'm on my first month and only have been on it for two weeks. So hopefully the cramps stop and my acne calms down."

JustHere2Help May 8, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This was by far the worst pill I have been on. I ended up getting my period the week after the placebo pills. I did not find the point in that. My cramps were so bad I would cry. I do not recommend this to anyone at all. The cost was good though."

JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on it for three years and no pregnancy scares. No weight gain, nothing. My only complaint is my sex drive is nonexistant ."

DorisTheSpider (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I hate it. It has honestly made me crazy. Do not recommend it at ALL."

D Marie May 7, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I am on my third month of this birth control and I am satisfied with it. The first week I took it, I would take the pill at night and then wake up in the morning with vomiting or nausea. The morning after I took the very first pill was the worst. This occurred the first few white pills of the second pack as well, however it subsided after a few days. I noticed I was moodier than usual the first few weeks but that went away. I'm glad I didn't stop taking it because now I don't even notice anything negative. I haven't gained weight, it hasn't helped my acne but it hasn't hurt it either, so that's fine with me. My periods became lighter for fewer days and MUCH less painful. My cramps are so much better now. Most importantly, I'm not pregnant."

btlcec (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on Trinessa for 2 months now and it is my first go at a birth control pill. Overall, I'm fairly happy. The first month was a mess, but now, by the second month, things are MUCH more regular. You really have to give this pill a chance to adapt and jive with your system. My acne is improving, after taking a terrible hit during the first month. I still experience occasional cystic bumps, but they are much better than before I began Trinessa. Trust me, the first month is almost hopeless. But, by the second month things are really looking up! Don't be afraid to try it because of some of the negative reviews, you've got to find out what works with your body!"

Penelope1990 May 5, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I have been using Ortho Tri Cyclen for about six months, and there has been a noticeable decrease in the amount of acne, particularly on my forehead and cheeks. There are still small, mostly unnoticeable bumps around my mouth and chin, but these are gradually decreasing as well (just taking a little longer). The one negative thing that I noticed was that previously, my acne would heal quickly without leaving a scar. Now it heals at the same rate but does leave red/pink scarring on my cheeks. I believe it will go away because it has been fading, but it will likely take a while. As far as my cycle is concerned, my periods have been very regular (something that is unusual for me) and light. I have not had any issues with mood swings."

Anon09 May 4, 2015

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this birth control for about 4 years now and I love it! It was my first birth control which I had received free from Planned Parenthood. I have had literally no side effects and my period is perfectly regulated each month. I would recommend this to anyone. Since its low estrogen I did not see increased breast size or decreased acne."

kmtraver (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Works pretty well as birth control but I take it mainly for period regulation. It does well with that too. I don't mind the weight gain or the fact that I am constantly eating/snacking since I'm pretty active and my metabolism surprisingly keeps up w/my cravings. the most interesting thing I noticed was actually an increase in my sex drive. usually the opposite right? But this stuff makes me want to do it all the time! I stopped it for a month because it was making me way too emotional, I would cry literally every morning at work. But then I noticed a decrease in sexual desire and extreme difficulty getting an orgasm (w my boyfriend AND by myself). needless to say I went right back to taking them. small price to pay for an amazing sex-life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015