User Reviews for Aviane (Page 2)

Learn more about Aviane.

Aviane Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

"I have been taking birth control pills for over 10 years and never experienced a single negative side (other than bloating) until taking Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel, also known as Aviane. It led to near-constant nausea and severe adult acne. A warning to women everywhere: STAY AWAY. Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel AKA Aviane also goes by the following brand names: Alesse, Altavera, Amethyst, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Nordette, Orsythia, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Trivora-28"

Anonymous-12345 November 11, 2015

"Okay so I'm 15 and I've been on this birth control for almost 3 months. I've never been more emotional or sad in my life. I didn't know what it was until I found this website. My mood swings have been crazy and have effected my relationship. Besides that, my skin is clearer, I've lost weight, my appetite is really small, but my breasts are larger and nothing has changed with my period, it's not lighter or heavier, I'm hoping that changes soon though. I might change to a different contraceptive because the moody thing is way too much but besides that I'm not pregnant so yeah"

Rosex29 November 10, 2015

"I have been using this pill for a month now just today starting my second pack. So far this first month I experienced was a little bit of nausea & a lot of pelvic pain & it made me sooo hungry! but no weight gain. I was taking this pill to help me with my horrible heavy bleeding, cyst & horrible cramps but my period this month has been the worst one yet. my cramps are horrible, the bleeding is just as heavy & i'm not passing clots! i'm not sure if it is not helping yet because it's barley my first month ? but the clot part freaked me out a bit."

kryyssss October 19, 2015

"I started on Aviane when I was 15. It's got the job done with making sure I don't get pregnant. But all other aspects of it are completely horrible. It makes me way more irritable, I gained 30 pounds( and I'm a healthy person, I always watch what I eat and I exercise ), my acne is worse, I'm moody, emotional, and more sad. It literally makes me crazy. I'm a totally different person on it. I am now 24 and I am stopping it this month. I would never go on it again. But now I am at a loss of what to do because I don't want to get pregnant. I'm thinking of getting the nonhormonal copper IUD but I'm not sure. Any advice would be welcome to. But do not take this drug."

LaurenToloczko (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2015

"I started taking Aviane when I was 16 1/2 and I've been on it ever since. I'm now 21 and about to discontinue my use of Aviane. It caused me to be emotional almost all the time, I have very little patience, moods swings, I gained weight, it's tough to lose weight, I have constant headaches and my acne is horrible to the point of scarring. Since I was taking this birth control through the toughest of teenage years, I just thought this was who I became. But after doing research and finding this website, I now know I'm not the only one who has suffered through taking Aviane. It did its job with preventing pregnancy, but didn't help with my heavy period and painful cramps. I'm finishing my current pack and it'll be my last."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

"I've only been on Aviane for a month, and I absolutely hate it. I would not recommend this to anyone. I was taking Aubra before, but wanted to get out of Planned Parenthood. So I went to my family doctor, he gave me this. I have been depressed, have had bad mood swings, absolutely no sex drive, my breasts are very tender, and seem larger and I know I've gained weight. This will be my one and only month on it."

Charlottegirl September 30, 2015

"Ok so I was on the pill at an early age of 16 for PCOS syndrome till about 20 yrs old. I went cold turkey at 20- till 24 and decided to get back on when I got in a serious relationship. It was good the first week or 3. No weight gain, larger breasts, no mood swings...up until the last week of the month. I began have SEVERE anxiety, constant ALL day nausea, and horrible mood swings. I felt so sick everyday and I even went to the hospital. I can honestly say this was the worst experience on birth control I ever had. The stomach sickness and constant hand shaking and anxiety feeling was enough for me to stop this mid packet!"

amylynn01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

"I'm almost on month 3 of this birth control and I've not had any problems with it. I haven't experienced any acne or weight gain. I'm just still trying to figure my periods. The first month it came the day I started my first sugar pill. This month I'm on my 2nd sugar pill and no sign of my period, however, Overall I have been very satisfied with this bc."

Annonymous456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2015

Annonymous456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2015

"I have never felt so depressed as I am now while on this birth control. I am usually a very happy person, but these pills have turned me into an emotional, moody, and easily agitated woman. I have been on it for 5 months and decided to stop it today. In addition to my uncontrollable emotions, this pill has caused severe migraines to the point of vomiting, increase in acne, sleep deprivation, and lack of motivation. My periods are still heavy and I do still experience the same amount of cramping I did when I was not on any birth control. My periods are also still not regulated; some months I have skipped it completely. I am hoping that these side effects don't last after discontinuing the pill, as I've read on many other reviews."

Anonymous September 22, 2015

"I have been on this pill for close to 7 months now. I started having sex with my husband around month 3 when we got married and I noticed a decrease in sex drive, a few heavy period days and a few light period days but they were always during the placebo week. I feel hungry at night and in the mornings, and crave sweets more than ever. My weight has been pretty stable. I had a few yeast infections and vaginal dryness and nothing sucks more than telling your husband you can't because it hurts too much within the first month of marriage!!"

MelissaJCH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2015

"I've been on this bc for over a month now and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It caused my period to come a week early and it lasted more days than usual but I had hardly any pain and it was very light. It also causing me to have no appetite which is making me loose weight which is good :) lol but I have no desire to eat..... at all :("

ZZ Tay September 15, 2015

"I went to the doctor asking for birth control with the simple request for something that wouldn't break out my skin. For some reason, they prescribed me Aviane. Before taking this pill, my acne was mild to moderate. I would break out around my period, but nothing too crazy besides that. After one month of taking this pill my acne has been the worst it's ever been in my entire life. I never used to get acne on my chin, but now my chin has erupted and looks slightly pizza-ish. I have cystic acne like I never used to. I wouldn't advise this pill to someone looking for a BC that will fix acne, because this certainly wasn't the case for me. I will give this pill points because it did regulate my periods and lessened the severity of my cramps."

Linds2347 September 5, 2015

"I took this pill for birth control, less cramps and a lighter period. Overall, the pill got the job done. I had very light periods and they lasted only 5 days. However, only one month into taking the pill, I got my very first yeast infection. Since then, I have had many infections/vaginal irritations. Sometimes lasting a whole month!!! This has ruined my sex drive and made me very uncomfortable. I finally realized that maybe the pill is causing this irritation and I have been off of it for a week. Feeling better....Also, breasts grew a full size but were always very tender. Never had bad breakouts, but did gain a little weight - 5 lbs."

SKIR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2015

"As you see I gave the effectiveness a 10 (I didn't get pregnant anytime)! I had regular periods (4-5 days and no irregular bleeding) and no mood swings, however I did always feel a lot hungrier but I didn't gain any weight and I would experience very frequent terrible headaches. Other than that I would recommend this pill plus everyone is different so just because I had headaches don't mean you will."

richbu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

"I have been taking this pill for about 2 months now and I can already see a difference in my flow its getting a lot lighter and I had very bad cramps before and now I have none at all.Also I this pill didn't cause me to gain any weight ,my weight has stayed the same and has even went a few d but I'm not sure if it's because of the pill."

Jaydah August 6, 2015

"Before starting this pill, my flow was way too heavy! I would literally bleed through a super tampon and a pad in less than 2 hours. (horrible I know.) Also my skin would get pimples like crazy. Within the first 2 months my period was lighter and managable. My acne also cleared up. But my mom and others would notice that I was super quiet, I'm usually talkative, so she thought I was depressed. I'm not completely sure it was the pill's fault. Currently I am off the pill to see if my flow has gotten lighter. I'm giving it a 9 because of the "depression" stage my peers thought I was going through."

Lanna118 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 24, 2015

"During my first week I had aura migraines, so bad that I vomitted at times. I'm a month and 4 days into pack 2 and I've had horrible anxiety, depression, decrease in sex drive, loss of appetite and nausea! This has been the worst experience of my life! I'd rather be pregnant."

Horrible666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

"I definitely lost some weight, my period was super light, lasted 3 days, no cramps and my skin cleared up amazingly. However, with that said, i started getting horrible anxiety while on it. I wouldnt wish that on anyone"

It was ok~ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2015

"I started Aviane 5 months ago for birth control. For the first 3 months, my periods were irregular, but now occur during the placebo week. I've experienced slight mood swings, less period cramps, and an increase in cup size(s). My acne and weight have stayed the same. Overall recommend!"

helenaann July 7, 2015

"I was on Aviane for a month and a half and I can honestly say it was one of the worst expiriences of my life. I never had a problem with acne, I would get a pimple here or there ocassionally but Aviane made me breakout horribly. I am left with scarring from it and although it has gotten a lot better I am still trying to get rid of some of the acne. I felt depressed and emotional while taking it and definately had mood changes while on it. My period lasted 7 days on this and it came with horrible cramping and blood clots. I began to feel better just days after stopping this pill. I would not recommend it to anyone. The worst mistake I have made was to go on this pill."

Worst Mistake (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

"This has been the worst experience of my life. I literally thought I was going crazy. The first month I had no side effects and was so happy since I've had negative side effects on other oral contraceptives. Month 2 and 3 were a horror story. I developed extreme anxiety to the point of panic attacks. I took myself to the ER twice thinking I was having a heart attack. I also suffered from at least 4 severe migraines while on this pill. So severe that I lost vision In my right eye before every migraine (aura). When I didn't have migraines I had headaches and dizziness. Constant dizziness. I felt like I was always high. I stopped this drug and after 5 days I feel almost normal again"

I would rather be pregnant (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2015

"This birth control is very effective. In the first few months I bad mood swings and depression states towards the last two weeks of the pack. They eventually do go away the longer you take the pill. My period has actually gotten lighter and lighter as time goes on to basically just spotting. Cramps are very minimal. It didn't effect my weight at all."

Anonymous727 July 2, 2015

"I've been on Aviane for 4 months now and at first there didn't seem to be much of any side effects but after the second month or so I started breaking out like crazy. I used to only break out around my period but Aviane made me break out all month. I gained 10 lbs and was not happy about it. Overall not such a bad birth control because periods are very regular 3-5 days but I'm definitely trying something else."

KennyGi7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2015

"If I could choose a number lower than 1 maybe I would be a bit less upset right now. I've been on the pill for one week and three days, let's just say in that short amount of time I went through hell and back. I'm constantly nauseous with a pounding headache, I'm dizzy all the time, and always in pain because it feels like my stomach acid spread throughout my entire rib cage. I don't recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015