User Reviews for Aviane

Learn more about Aviane.

Aviane Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 213 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

"I've been on Aviane for 4 months now and at first there didn't seem to be much of any side effects but after the second month or so I started breaking out like crazy. I used to only break out around my period but Aviane made me break out all month. I gained 10 lbs and was not happy about it. Overall not such a bad birth control because periods are very regular 3-5 days but I'm definitely trying something else."

KennyGi7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2015

"If I could choose a number lower than 1 maybe I would be a bit less upset right now. I've been on the pill for one week and three days, let's just say in that short amount of time I went through hell and back. I'm constantly nauseous with a pounding headache, I'm dizzy all the time, and always in pain because it feels like my stomach acid spread throughout my entire rib cage. I don't recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

"Was on this for a year, just stopped last week. I started this pill to help with my cramps because I would be in extreme pain from my periods. Needless to say it fixed my cramps but caused me other problems. Gained 29 POUNDS, yeah 29 & I workout 4-5 times a week & eat pretty well. Redic amount of weight to gain & it DESTROYED my skin. I had beautiful skin, with occasional pimples around my period but this made my skin have acne scars & break out every day. AWFUL. Gave it a 2 because it prevented pregnancy, that's it."

SerenaDasilva June 10, 2015

"This pill was a nightmare for me. I had random hot flashes that would last 2-3 hours and I would need to lay down immediately or go to a quiet place sit down and get some air. I also had random loss of appetite, I would be super hungry order a huge meal and then boom, hunger gone. I'm putting my last pack on fire."

Sbaby June 5, 2015

"Before starting my birth control my cycle was very irregular. Flow was always very heavy, two or three days before my cycle would start I would have severe migranes that caused me to vomit and be bed ridden for hours on end due to the pain in cramps.I would often change my tampon 5-8 times a day. After starting this prescription I have noticed a complete change. Headaches stopped I have an occasional migraine towards the beginning but could be caused from stress as well. I start my cycle every third green pill for the moth. I never wake up with a mess its wake up to use the restroom and oh I think it started very faintly red. My cramps are very minimal. I highly recommend this medication it has made my cycle manageable and comfortable."

Dana Griz (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2015

"I was taking Sprintec before Aviane and i must say I'm glad I made the switch. Sprintec made me nauseous whenever I took it and I couldn't take it without eating. With Aviane, I don't feel any sickness at all and I don't need to take it with food which makes it more convenient."

Mani mani (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

"I've been on Aviane for a little over a year now and I love it! No negative side effects and my breast size has increased. Great sex drive, no mood swings, normal periods and no babies yet! I'd highly recommend this pill!"

Sidney J March 8, 2015

"If you can make it past the first couple months of this drug, it's actually really good. I started taking it about five months ago, and the first 2-3 months were really difficult. I had horrible mood swings and would cry at almost nothing fairly often. I also got migraines during the placebo week and had a lot of vaginal dryness. Now that my body has adjusted, I feel normal again, no migraines, no mood swings, and no more dryness. My complexion has also improved. I've had unprotected sex all during these months and no pregnancy. I haven't missed any pills; I only took one about 3 hours late one time. I have already recommended this pill to friends, with the disclaimer to be prepared for the first few months of difficulty."

dbai1914 February 23, 2015

"I have taken a few different birth controls and had a lot of problems with them (Apri-painful sharp pains during intercourse,cramps). I love Aviane. I do not have cramps ever, period lasts 3-4 days (not heavy), always comes the same day, pain has stopped, no weight gain, no cravings, no mood swings, nothing. I've taken it for over a year. My sex drive has decreased a little but I don't know if it's because of this pill as I don't really recall when my sex drive lessened."

H321 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2015

"Was fine for about a year taking it. After that I was experiencing aura migraines, horrible painful cramps landing my in the ER. And HORRIBLE skin. Before going on it, I had some pimples here and there but it was out of control with cystic pimples. Went off of it, and my skin improved within a month. Rare to get a migraine. Much happier to be off of it!"

Krisss February 5, 2015

"I took this pill from 18-25 when I had my first baby. After, I was prescribed a different pill that was just ok. After the birth of my 2nd son I tried Mirena and it wasn't in place correctly so I didn't want to try again. Then, I went to Nuvaring, it was awful! Heavy bleeding on a crazy schedule and hormonal migraines that hadn't existed with other birth control. I am so happy to be back on Avaine as I have no notable side effects."

Lindz325 (taken for 10 years or more) January 17, 2015

"This pill had no side effects didnt make me break out or get bigger breasts but it did make my cramps 5 times more painful than they normally are. I got 2 periods a month even after being on it for 6 months. I'm giving it a somewhat good review because it did not get me pregnant."

Alyssa382972 January 7, 2015

"Decreased sex drive, acne, and very depressed. Too low for me I think"

JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

"Took Aviane for about 1.5 years. Periods were extremely irregular. More often than not I would have them 2-3 weeks of the month...and rarely on the placebo week. However, I did not gain weight, my acne was controlled, and I didn't get pregnant. The periods were just extremely annoying to deal with."

KB5 December 23, 2014

"This is the second type of birth control (both the pill) that I have been on. I was only on the other kind for a month, because it made me crazy and I had awful mood swings. I took a year off from any birth control pill, patch, etc. because I was scared to have a similar situation. This pill has been an overall good experience. I do not have any irregular mood swings on this pill. I have been on it for about 3 months now, and my acne is still worse than before I got on it, not that it's a big deal. Also, I have had a lot of abnormal spotting on this pill. It seems like, at first, every 2 weeks or so I started my period. It's pretty light, but I get bad cramps that last for 2-4 days."

LL_1234 November 30, 2014

"This birth control has been the best for me. I know that there are many mixed reviews about it, but it has never given me any trouble at all. I have also tried Lo Loestrin Fe, Trinessa (HORRIBLE vaginal irritation) and Ortho-Tri Cyclen which all gave me various side effects. It just goes to show that everyone's bodies respond differently to different medicines. This birth control cleared up my acne, increased my cup size, and regulated my period. The only issue that I could complain of would be slight mood swings from time to time, but honestly that's it for me. I would highly suggest giving this birth control a try!"

Aviane user (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

"I had a horrible experience with this pill. I've never had trouble with my weight, but I gained 20lbs once I started taking this. Terrible, uncontrollable acne. Would always have breakthrough bleeding. Ruined my sex drive. My breasts did increase from a C to a D though."

Not impressed (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2014

"I gained 6 lbs on this pill in one month. It was a last ditch effort at the bc pill for me. I have tried many others with many issues. My acne I get on my chin is ok hasn't gotten better or worse. No nausea or stomach pains. I have had some issues with constipation on this pill also. I have been having issues sleeping on this pill. Hey I'm not pregnant though..."

Rachel S (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2014

"This birth control seemed like it had no side effects for me until I realized it was literally making me crazy. I've always been a social person but since I started the pill I've had the worst anxiety and paranoia. It's different for everyone I guess, but make sure you realize that that definitely could be a side effect."

Jaicuanakcjd September 18, 2014

"Aviane is the second type of birth control that I have taken. It's already been a month and I love it. My skin is completely flawless and I haven't experienced any side effects besides tender breast. I haven't gained any weight either. This birth control is great!"

witV (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2014

"When I first got on the pill I saw no real side effects. In the second month my period was all over the place but has regulated and become lighter and shorter since. I did see bad acne underneath my skin right after my first period but that lasted a day and since my skin has been clearer. My breasts are increasing in size. And I have yet to get pregnant. I haven't had any mood swings or depression. I still have a great sex drive and have had a great experience with this pill. Weight wise I've lost a couple pounds in the 3 1/2 months I've been on it despite my Poor eating habits. My friend didn't have a good experience after the first month and stopped. But birth control messes with hormones so it'll get worse before it gets better while you adjust."

Stephjeff July 29, 2014

"I really want to switch pills, I was on another pill and I had pleasant results. My pharmacy prescribed me this one because they didn't have the other in stock. It has been awful. My period lasts 3-4 days with no cramping usually. But on Aviane it has lasted 7 days and it's super heavy with cramps. I've been irritable and yelling even about the smallest things. I cry over every little thing that happens to me."

Whitleyk June 24, 2014

"I've been on Aviane for a month now and have no complaints really. It's been great for regulating my periods and providing protection from pregnancy. My period was normal, and I haven't experienced any major weight gain (gained a 1lb or 2) or loss. My breasts are tender sometimes, and I've experienced some swelling. But I'm not complaining about the free breast job. The only thing that has been a bit annoying is that my sex drive has increased, and my libido was high enough to start with. Other than that, it's a great contraceptive that I plan on taking it for a while."

nurse23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2014

"Aviane is the second birth control I have taken, but the first that I have actually stuck to for a somewhat long period of time. I first started out with progestin-only Nora-be and I did not like it at all. Upon receiving Aviane, I was fairly excited to start. I heard mixed reviews but decided to start it anyway and let me tell you, I'm glad I did. Aviane has cleared up my acne almost completely. I used to suffer from mild acne and my skin is almost flawless. Also, my breasts seem to have enlarged. I feel like I may have gained weight due to an increased appetite but probably no more than 4-5 pounds which is worth not getting pregnant and having clear skin plus I'm fairly petite. I definitely plan to stay on Aviane for a long time! Love it!"

Breanid May 19, 2014

"At first this pill was fine. I have been on it for 8 weeks. So far have gotten break through bleeding, mood swings, now I am getting slight acne on my cheeks (I never have acne), also was experiencing vaginal burning and tenderness that has seemed to subside. I was really hoping that if I pressed through this would go away. But I'm getting married in 6 weeks! I really hoping these side effects calm down."

Paris35 May 14, 2014