User Reviews for Aviane

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 98 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aviane reviews 246 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I took this pill for birth control, less cramps and a lighter period. Overall, the pill got the job done. I had very light periods and they lasted only 5 days. However, only one month into taking the pill, I got my very first yeast infection. Since then, I have had many infections/vaginal irritations. Sometimes lasting a whole month!!! This has ruined my sex drive and made me very uncomfortable. I finally realized that maybe the pill is causing this irritation and I have been off of it for a week. Feeling better....Also, breasts grew a full size but were always very tender. Never had bad breakouts, but did gain a little weight - 5 lbs."

SKIR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2015

For Birth Control "As you see I gave the effectiveness a 10 (I didn't get pregnant anytime)! I had regular periods (4-5 days and no irregular bleeding) and no mood swings, however I did always feel a lot hungrier but I didn't gain any weight and I would experience very frequent terrible headaches. Other than that I would recommend this pill plus everyone is different so just because I had headaches don't mean you will."

richbu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

"I switched from Junel Fe to Aviane because Junel made me break out. While my skin was flawless on Aviane for the 4 days I took it, I had severe mood swings. I would wake up angry and nauseous and cry almost three times a day for no reason at all. I had the same reaction to Plan B, and the progestin used in that is the same in Aviane. After 4 days on this medicine I switched back to Junel, and I've been happy ever since! Lesson: don't switch birth control if acne is your only complaint. Stay with the medicine you have the least amount of side effects with."

izzymcd August 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for about 2 months now and I can already see a difference in my flow its getting a lot lighter and I had very bad cramps before and now I have none at all.Also I this pill didn't cause me to gain any weight ,my weight has stayed the same and has even went a few d but I'm not sure if it's because of the pill."

Jaydah August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "Before starting this pill, my flow was way too heavy! I would literally bleed through a super tampon and a pad in less than 2 hours. (horrible I know.) Also my skin would get pimples like crazy. Within the first 2 months my period was lighter and managable. My acne also cleared up. But my mom and others would notice that I was super quiet, I'm usually talkative, so she thought I was depressed. I'm not completely sure it was the pill's fault. Currently I am off the pill to see if my flow has gotten lighter. I'm giving it a 9 because of the "depression" stage my peers thought I was going through."

Lanna118 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "During my first week I had aura migraines, so bad that I vomitted at times. I'm a month and 4 days into pack 2 and I've had horrible anxiety, depression, decrease in sex drive, loss of appetite and nausea! This has been the worst experience of my life! I'd rather be pregnant."

Horrible666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I definitely lost some weight, my period was super light, lasted 3 days, no cramps and my skin cleared up amazingly. However, with that said, i started getting horrible anxiety while on it. I wouldnt wish that on anyone"

It was ok~ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Aviane 5 months ago for birth control. For the first 3 months, my periods were irregular, but now occur during the placebo week. I've experienced slight mood swings, less period cramps, and an increase in cup size(s). My acne and weight have stayed the same. Overall recommend!"

helenaann July 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Aviane for a month and a half and I can honestly say it was one of the worst expiriences of my life. I never had a problem with acne, I would get a pimple here or there ocassionally but Aviane made me breakout horribly. I am left with scarring from it and although it has gotten a lot better I am still trying to get rid of some of the acne. I felt depressed and emotional while taking it and definately had mood changes while on it. My period lasted 7 days on this and it came with horrible cramping and blood clots. I began to feel better just days after stopping this pill. I would not recommend it to anyone. The worst mistake I have made was to go on this pill."

Worst Mistake (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

For Birth Control "This has been the worst experience of my life. I literally thought I was going crazy. The first month I had no side effects and was so happy since I've had negative side effects on other oral contraceptives. Month 2 and 3 were a horror story. I developed extreme anxiety to the point of panic attacks. I took myself to the ER twice thinking I was having a heart attack. I also suffered from at least 4 severe migraines while on this pill. So severe that I lost vision In my right eye before every migraine (aura). When I didn't have migraines I had headaches and dizziness. Constant dizziness. I felt like I was always high. I stopped this drug and after 5 days I feel almost normal again"

I would rather be pregnant (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control is very effective. In the first few months I bad mood swings and depression states towards the last two weeks of the pack. They eventually do go away the longer you take the pill. My period has actually gotten lighter and lighter as time goes on to basically just spotting. Cramps are very minimal. It didn't effect my weight at all."

Anonymous727 July 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Aviane for 4 months now and at first there didn't seem to be much of any side effects but after the second month or so I started breaking out like crazy. I used to only break out around my period but Aviane made me break out all month. I gained 10 lbs and was not happy about it. Overall not such a bad birth control because periods are very regular 3-5 days but I'm definitely trying something else."

KennyGi7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2015

For Birth Control "If I could choose a number lower than 1 maybe I would be a bit less upset right now. I've been on the pill for one week and three days, let's just say in that short amount of time I went through hell and back. I'm constantly nauseous with a pounding headache, I'm dizzy all the time, and always in pain because it feels like my stomach acid spread throughout my entire rib cage. I don't recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "Was on this for a year, just stopped last week. I started this pill to help with my cramps because I would be in extreme pain from my periods. Needless to say it fixed my cramps but caused me other problems. Gained 29 POUNDS, yeah 29 & I workout 4-5 times a week & eat pretty well. Redic amount of weight to gain & it DESTROYED my skin. I had beautiful skin, with occasional pimples around my period but this made my skin have acne scars & break out every day. AWFUL. Gave it a 2 because it prevented pregnancy, that's it."

SerenaDasilva June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill was a nightmare for me. I had random hot flashes that would last 2-3 hours and I would need to lay down immediately or go to a quiet place sit down and get some air. I also had random loss of appetite, I would be super hungry order a huge meal and then boom, hunger gone. I'm putting my last pack on fire."

Sbaby June 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Before starting my birth control my cycle was very irregular. Flow was always very heavy, two or three days before my cycle would start I would have severe migranes that caused me to vomit and be bed ridden for hours on end due to the pain in cramps.I would often change my tampon 5-8 times a day. After starting this prescription I have noticed a complete change. Headaches stopped I have an occasional migraine towards the beginning but could be caused from stress as well. I start my cycle every third green pill for the moth. I never wake up with a mess its wake up to use the restroom and oh I think it started very faintly red. My cramps are very minimal. I highly recommend this medication it has made my cycle manageable and comfortable."

Dana Griz (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I was taking Sprintec before Aviane and i must say I'm glad I made the switch. Sprintec made me nauseous whenever I took it and I couldn't take it without eating. With Aviane, I don't feel any sickness at all and I don't need to take it with food which makes it more convenient."

Mani mani (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Aviane for a little over a year now and I love it! No negative side effects and my breast size has increased. Great sex drive, no mood swings, normal periods and no babies yet! I'd highly recommend this pill!"

Sidney J March 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Great experience so far while on this pill. First thing I noticed was my cramps had dulled down A LOT. When my period started, it was the lightest one I have EVER had! Completely manageable and lasted like 5 days (when my other ones while not on the pill were 6-7 days.) Hasn't lowered my sex drive (in fact it might have upped it now that I think about it), no acne problems, etc. And the great part is I get it for free!"

ThatOneGirlOverThere (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

For Birth Control "If you can make it past the first couple months of this drug, it's actually really good. I started taking it about five months ago, and the first 2-3 months were really difficult. I had horrible mood swings and would cry at almost nothing fairly often. I also got migraines during the placebo week and had a lot of vaginal dryness. Now that my body has adjusted, I feel normal again, no migraines, no mood swings, and no more dryness. My complexion has also improved. I've had unprotected sex all during these months and no pregnancy. I haven't missed any pills; I only took one about 3 hours late one time. I have already recommended this pill to friends, with the disclaimer to be prepared for the first few months of difficulty."

dbai1914 February 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken a few different birth controls and had a lot of problems with them (Apri-painful sharp pains during intercourse,cramps). I love Aviane. I do not have cramps ever, period lasts 3-4 days (not heavy), always comes the same day, pain has stopped, no weight gain, no cravings, no mood swings, nothing. I've taken it for over a year. My sex drive has decreased a little but I don't know if it's because of this pill as I don't really recall when my sex drive lessened."

H321 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Was fine for about a year taking it. After that I was experiencing aura migraines, horrible painful cramps landing my in the ER. And HORRIBLE skin. Before going on it, I had some pimples here and there but it was out of control with cystic pimples. Went off of it, and my skin improved within a month. Rare to get a migraine. Much happier to be off of it!"

Krisss February 5, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been taking Aviane for about 2 months going on three. The first two months were great now that I am on the third pack I've been feeling really nauseated. Although it did help with severe cramps I do not like feeling like I have to throw up all the time. It also cleared up my face a little."

Judy04 January 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this pill from 18-25 when I had my first baby. After, I was prescribed a different pill that was just ok. After the birth of my 2nd son I tried Mirena and it wasn't in place correctly so I didn't want to try again. Then, I went to Nuvaring, it was awful! Heavy bleeding on a crazy schedule and hormonal migraines that hadn't existed with other birth control. I am so happy to be back on Avaine as I have no notable side effects."

Lindz325 (taken for 10 years or more) January 17, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill had no side effects didnt make me break out or get bigger breasts but it did make my cramps 5 times more painful than they normally are. I got 2 periods a month even after being on it for 6 months. I'm giving it a somewhat good review because it did not get me pregnant."

Alyssa382972 January 7, 2015