User Reviews for Aviane

5.4
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Aviane reviews 281 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I made a previous post right after I started Aviane. Now I'm a month in and back to review how things are going. I've been spotting since day 3. I've been trying to live with it in hopes things will get better, but 3+ weeks of this is really wearing on me. My mood has been normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, except some obvious frustrations regarding constant bleeding. Sex drive (which has been an issue on previous pills) is good. I'd say it's the same as without the pill. I've been having more breakouts. A couple huge, painful zits that won't seem to go away. I've never had issues with zits much at all before, but not a huge deal. I may be slightly more bloated and hungry than before I was on the pill, but nothing major."

Andrea6789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Aviane for 4 years now and only recently went off of it for about 6 months to try the DEPO shot. I have had zero issues with it up until going back ON it after the interm. I am very sensitive to hormones, and the DEPO shot was not for me (crying, mood swings, feeling off). I even was switched to Lutera two years ago when the pharmacy was out of Aviane and I immediately noticed the difference with mood swings, sadness, and vaginal sensitivity). For the first month back on Aviane I didnt notice a huge difference, but this second month I am thinking I am sleeping more, gaining some weight, and feeling off. I am also having extreme bouts of nausea. I am going to discontinue and hope that alleviates some of my symptoms."

The Tattooed Lady (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've tried many birth control pills, but they all caused severe mood swings and depression. I like the fact that this pill seemed at first to have little to no negative effect on my mood. (I've been on it for 3 years). However, in the past year I began having severe anxiety attacks and was diagnosed with anxiety disorder after I began waking up in the mornings feeling faint and sick to my stomach, laying on the bathroom floor. I constantly feel exhausted and although active, have gained 20 pounds in the past year. I also noticed an increase in my acne the past two years. I think this is because of the birth control. I am switching to the copper iud next week and am so excited because it is hormone free! I hope this helps."

Dolly Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Within a few days of starting this birth control I became numb, negative thoughts, anxious, extremely irritable and angry, which is all very unlike me. I couldn't think straight. I love my boyfriend and we have our issues but I was ready to freak out on him every second for no good reason, the poor guy could tell I was not the same person. I did NOT feel like myself and it was obvious to him not just me. On top of all that I was always hungry and craving terrible foods, no self control like I had before starting. The one positive thing was it helped control my break outs, but my mental health is more important to me than perfect skin."

AshleyNHansen (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Aviane 3 days ago. I chose this pill over others due to the fact I read quite a few reviews and articles that said decreases sex drive was NOT a side effect of this pill. Low sex drive and spotting are my number 1 issues when on the pill. Today (day 3) I started spotting. Sex drive is normal, but if I'm going to spot I'm not going to be able to have sex. I do feel like my appetite has been kicked up a notch and I'm bloated. I will come back and update after more time passes."

Andrea6789 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I have always been a size 0 my whole life and weighed 100 pounds, after taking aviane pills I noticed I started eating a lot and gained 20 pounds within less than a year all the weight went to my belly and my neck it was awful and now I'm trying to lose the weight and of course I'm off"

Nitaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 20. After reading such terrible reviews, I was nervous about taking this pill. Quite honestly, it's a good brand. I'm just about to start the 3rd pack. I've encountered no "horrible" side effects! No mood swings, no headaches, etc. Pill actually helped clear my skin. (I've had adult acne) Only effect I felt was very mild nausea. (Sea Bands helped suppress it) Also, light "period". Cramps were little to none. Lasted exactly 7 days, arrived just on time. Helped prevent pregnancy despite the fact I take it over 7 hours late almost every day. Some days I'm on time, other days I'm early then totally late. This is my first time on BC. To say the least, nothing scary about Aviane. It's a chill pill.."

Aviane User (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 18. I've been super moody since I started Aviane, I haven't noticed any difference on my acne yet but I've only been on it for a month. It makes me SO INCREDIBLY TIRED. I've never slept so much in my life. Other than that I haven't noticed any other side effects."

A girl named February 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I personally was on Aviane for about 8 months. The first 3 months were pretty much flawless. I had a problem with my appetite to begin with, gained some weight and dropped it shortly in the next coming months. Didn't experience any acne or stomach nausea. After three months my period got progressively worse. I had intense cramps and felt down right miserable. My entire body ached. Aside from feeling awful I was miserable to be around. I had mood swings I've never had before. Aviane was driving me crazy on my periods. I felt like a different person. My friends, family and boyfriend could even tell I wasn't myself. Just wanted to put this out there if someone was curious there are other options."

youngLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I can honestly say this birth control almost ruined my life. Immediately I noticed a change in my mood and was crying all the time which wasnt like me. After being on it for a few months I started getting these weird light headed spells. I would mostly just ignore them until around month 8 I had a full blown panic attack out of no where. I had never experienced anything like this before and was extremely scared. That developed into months of anxiety and panic disorder. When I finally realized it was the bc causing my issues I stopped taking it and my anxiety went away. That was 4 years ago and I have never experienced anything like that again so I 100% believe it was because of avaine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken and tried many contraceptive methods. I have to say that after all my experiences I can tell you that Aviane has worked great! Normally, I would get migraine headaches and nausea from other pills and/or nuva ring . However, I have not experienced any of that with this pill. The hormone dosage is very low and I think that suits me well, since I seem to be very sensitive to it. I did have some irregular periods, but I take that over debilitating pain of any kind. I recommend this birth control pill, but also suggest you to do some research into the hormone levels in any of them and see if it suits you. At my pharmacy I was given another generic called Lutera, but I didn't take it because it may have slight differences."

Luciatko February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from Lo Loestrin to Aviane and absolutely love it. On my other birth control I was constantly bleeding and felt bloated all the time. I have not gained any weight on Aviane and I have no mood swings and I have a lighter period!"

Hunterx11 February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started this birth control about two weeks ago if not three. I'm already having bad side effects. I'm so moody. I'll get so angry one minute and then crying and upset the next. Also very bad migraines and severe nausea. I'm at the point that I'm in bed with these symptoms. I haven't noticed any weight gain yet, but I'm eating like crazy. My acne hasn't been bad, but other than that I feel like I'm dying with these suckers. I'm not sure if my body just needs to get used to them or what, so I'm gonna give it a little while to adjust to my body. Wish me luck!"

Anonymousgirlygirl1994 January 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Started when I was 22, now almost 25. When I first started, I would bleed lightly for about a month. After a while, cramps weren't so bad. I'd have a few lighter ones the week before my period and during and after. Not like the extreme ones I had before where I wanted to die. Definitely worked in preventing pregnancy, even without using condoms unless it's the week of placebo pills. I used to be very small, a size 0 (24inch) pants, I was probably a size 1 or 3 when I started the pill. Now I'm size 10 (30inch) pants, or bigger. I can't fit into any jeans. I've questioned whether I'm pregnant multiple times because of the weight, but I've taken tests that came out negative. 3 months in a row I didn't get my period. Emotional, bad mood swings."

Leewolf (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking this birth control about 7 months ago. Upon taking it during the first month, I experienced severe nausea, headaches and a HEAVY period with the worst cramps I have ever had. Each month alternates with irregular bleeding (getting my period before the placebo pill week) with cramps which might be due to a wrong prescription. I have gained 7 pounds despite doing crossfit 4 times a week, retaining fat around my mid section. Also, I have been moody, anxious, and have had continuous night sweats and headaches. I will be getting off of this pill asap after realizing that this medication is not worth the horrible side effects. I keep giving it another month to see if it will get better but it hasn't."

Anonymous334 January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Okay so I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo before I started Aviane and I had AWFUL hormonal cystic acne along my jaw line. I switched to Aviane in the attempt to control my acne. Within 3 days I saw a MAJOR improvement. my skin is almost clear and it has been a week. HOWEVER, my mood swings are awful. I'm extremely angry, my boyfriend is putting up with a monster. On top of being miserable, sex drive has completely tanked. Definitely didn't work for me at all. I hate to get off of it because my face is so clear but I really can't take the anger anymore"

Katelynn Elizabeth January 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I gave it exactly a year. I'm giving it up because 1. I'm seemingly too busy to have sex and 2. Too busy to remember to take them. I noticed my hair thinning out in the first few months, but my skin was a lot clearer. My cramps went away and my period became shorter and lighter. I'm naturally very small, but have been able to gain weight before (though slowly). Since on the pill I've been dropping pounds that I can't afford to. Mood swings were not as bad on this pill as when I was on ortho trycyclen low. I think I'm going to take a break and see how my body reacts."

TaylaF January 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Aviane 4 months ago and it caused me to have bad adult acne, little bumps all over my face. My period last for 9 days instead of 12 but I haven't had success skipping it. I gained 7lbs of water weight and thigh fat that makes my thighs rub together like no other. My breast are larger and tender sometimes. My hair is thinner and sheds a lot more and is brittle. My vagina is dry all the time. I have pain in my knees and ankle a lot when I bare weight on them. It has helped with the heavy bleeding that I experience. I don't think I should stay on these. I'm not sure if the low energy is from these or my fibroids."

Delishgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Alesse/Aviane for 10 years. It was the first and only birth control pill I have ever used and chose it over others on purpose. I chose it because it is one of the lowest-dose oral contraceptives on the market, and the progesterone they use (levonorgestrel) is very close to the molecular makeup of natural progesterone. The only symptoms I experienced during the first month was breast tenderness and clearer skin (I used to have adolescent acne). I know some individuals have experienced more severe symptoms than I have described. I think it boils down to your own body's hormonal balance."

VonTani (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I first took Aviane 3 years ago for 1 year but was horrible at remembering to take it so I switched to the depo shot which made me bleed for 6 months straight so I switched back to Aviane for another year. I didn't realize before but it made my mood swings crazy! Which makes sense because when I first took it I remember having these huge emotional break downs literally crying my eyes out thinking I was insane but had no clue why, especially around period time. I've always been small & my weight was always the same(98lbs) but I lost 10lbs on this pill & its impossible to gain back, I feel disgusting. I just recently got off it and am starting a new bc, Sprintec. Fingers crossed this one works, my weight goes up, and my crazy calms down."

Vick93. December 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on aviane for three weeks now. I had switched over from the nuvaring because I was having problems with that. I have been feeling nauseous. mood swings? holy crap! I feel like I need to check myself into a mental hospital because I am very sure I might be going crazy. my face has always been clear. never have I had an acne problem. I don't even use face wash ever. occasional pimple here and there when I have my period, but never major. this birth control has wreaked havoc on my skin. something terrible! I scheduled another gyno appt just to get off this stuff!!! not even one pack in and im begging to get out! I do not recommend this birth control for anyoneeeee!!!!"

Aly S. November 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken this medication for exactly a whole year. It did its job by not allowing me to become pregnant, but the first month was horrible! I had really bad nausea and headaches. But overall, it's a great contraceptive."

Shandee_dee November 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control pills for over 10 years and never experienced a single negative side (other than bloating) until taking Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel, also known as Aviane. It led to near-constant nausea and severe adult acne. A warning to women everywhere: STAY AWAY. Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel AKA Aviane also goes by the following brand names: Alesse, Altavera, Amethyst, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Nordette, Orsythia, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Trivora-28"

Anonymous-12345 November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Okay so I'm 15 and I've been on this birth control for almost 3 months. I've never been more emotional or sad in my life. I didn't know what it was until I found this website. My mood swings have been crazy and have effected my relationship. Besides that, my skin is clearer, I've lost weight, my appetite is really small, but my breasts are larger and nothing has changed with my period, it's not lighter or heavier, I'm hoping that changes soon though. I might change to a different contraceptive because the moody thing is way too much but besides that I'm not pregnant so yeah"

Rosex29 November 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for a month now just today starting my second pack. So far this first month I experienced was a little bit of nausea & a lot of pelvic pain & it made me sooo hungry! but no weight gain. I was taking this pill to help me with my horrible heavy bleeding, cyst & horrible cramps but my period this month has been the worst one yet. my cramps are horrible, the bleeding is just as heavy & i'm not passing clots! i'm not sure if it is not helping yet because it's barley my first month ? but the clot part freaked me out a bit."

kryyssss October 19, 2015