User Reviews for Aviane

5.4
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Aviane reviews 271 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I can honestly say this birth control almost ruined my life. Immediately I noticed a change in my mood and was crying all the time which wasnt like me. After being on it for a few months I started getting these weird light headed spells. I would mostly just ignore them until around month 8 I had a full blown panic attack out of no where. I had never experienced anything like this before and was extremely scared. That developed into months of anxiety and panic disorder. When I finally realized it was the bc causing my issues I stopped taking it and my anxiety went away. That was 4 years ago and I have never experienced anything like that again so I 100% believe it was because of avaine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken and tried many contraceptive methods. I have to say that after all my experiences I can tell you that Aviane has worked great! Normally, I would get migraine headaches and nausea from other pills and/or nuva ring . However, I have not experienced any of that with this pill. The hormone dosage is very low and I think that suits me well, since I seem to be very sensitive to it. I did have some irregular periods, but I take that over debilitating pain of any kind. I recommend this birth control pill, but also suggest you to do some research into the hormone levels in any of them and see if it suits you. At my pharmacy I was given another generic called Lutera, but I didn't take it because it may have slight differences."

Luciatko February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from Lo Loestrin to Aviane and absolutely love it. On my other birth control I was constantly bleeding and felt bloated all the time. I have not gained any weight on Aviane and I have no mood swings and I have a lighter period!"

Hunterx11 February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started this birth control about two weeks ago if not three. I'm already having bad side effects. I'm so moody. I'll get so angry one minute and then crying and upset the next. Also very bad migraines and severe nausea. I'm at the point that I'm in bed with these symptoms. I haven't noticed any weight gain yet, but I'm eating like crazy. My acne hasn't been bad, but other than that I feel like I'm dying with these suckers. I'm not sure if my body just needs to get used to them or what, so I'm gonna give it a little while to adjust to my body. Wish me luck!"

Anonymousgirlygirl1994 January 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Started when I was 22, now almost 25. When I first started, I would bleed lightly for about a month. After a while, cramps weren't so bad. I'd have a few lighter ones the week before my period and during and after. Not like the extreme ones I had before where I wanted to die. Definitely worked in preventing pregnancy, even without using condoms unless it's the week of placebo pills. I used to be very small, a size 0 (24inch) pants, I was probably a size 1 or 3 when I started the pill. Now I'm size 10 (30inch) pants, or bigger. I can't fit into any jeans. I've questioned whether I'm pregnant multiple times because of the weight, but I've taken tests that came out negative. 3 months in a row I didn't get my period. Emotional, bad mood swings."

Leewolf (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking this birth control about 7 months ago. Upon taking it during the first month, I experienced severe nausea, headaches and a HEAVY period with the worst cramps I have ever had. Each month alternates with irregular bleeding (getting my period before the placebo pill week) with cramps which might be due to a wrong prescription. I have gained 7 pounds despite doing crossfit 4 times a week, retaining fat around my mid section. Also, I have been moody, anxious, and have had continuous night sweats and headaches. I will be getting off of this pill asap after realizing that this medication is not worth the horrible side effects. I keep giving it another month to see if it will get better but it hasn't."

Anonymous334 January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I gave it exactly a year. I'm giving it up because 1. I'm seemingly too busy to have sex and 2. Too busy to remember to take them. I noticed my hair thinning out in the first few months, but my skin was a lot clearer. My cramps went away and my period became shorter and lighter. I'm naturally very small, but have been able to gain weight before (though slowly). Since on the pill I've been dropping pounds that I can't afford to. Mood swings were not as bad on this pill as when I was on ortho trycyclen low. I think I'm going to take a break and see how my body reacts."

TaylaF January 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Aviane 4 months ago and it caused me to have bad adult acne, little bumps all over my face. My period last for 9 days instead of 12 but I haven't had success skipping it. I gained 7lbs of water weight and thigh fat that makes my thighs rub together like no other. My breast are larger and tender sometimes. My hair is thinner and sheds a lot more and is brittle. My vagina is dry all the time. I have pain in my knees and ankle a lot when I bare weight on them. It has helped with the heavy bleeding that I experience. I don't think I should stay on these. I'm not sure if the low energy is from these or my fibroids."

Delishgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Alesse/Aviane for 10 years. It was the first and only birth control pill I have ever used and chose it over others on purpose. I chose it because it is one of the lowest-dose oral contraceptives on the market, and the progesterone they use (levonorgestrel) is very close to the molecular makeup of natural progesterone. The only symptoms I experienced during the first month was breast tenderness and clearer skin (I used to have adolescent acne). I know some individuals have experienced more severe symptoms than I have described. I think it boils down to your own body's hormonal balance."

VonTani (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I first took Aviane 3 years ago for 1 year but was horrible at remembering to take it so I switched to the depo shot which made me bleed for 6 months straight so I switched back to Aviane for another year. I didn't realize before but it made my mood swings crazy! Which makes sense because when I first took it I remember having these huge emotional break downs literally crying my eyes out thinking I was insane but had no clue why, especially around period time. I've always been small & my weight was always the same(98lbs) but I lost 10lbs on this pill & its impossible to gain back, I feel disgusting. I just recently got off it and am starting a new bc, Sprintec. Fingers crossed this one works, my weight goes up, and my crazy calms down."

Vick93. December 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on aviane for three weeks now. I had switched over from the nuvaring because I was having problems with that. I have been feeling nauseous. mood swings? holy crap! I feel like I need to check myself into a mental hospital because I am very sure I might be going crazy. my face has always been clear. never have I had an acne problem. I don't even use face wash ever. occasional pimple here and there when I have my period, but never major. this birth control has wreaked havoc on my skin. something terrible! I scheduled another gyno appt just to get off this stuff!!! not even one pack in and im begging to get out! I do not recommend this birth control for anyoneeeee!!!!"

Aly S. November 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken this medication for exactly a whole year. It did its job by not allowing me to become pregnant, but the first month was horrible! I had really bad nausea and headaches. But overall, it's a great contraceptive."

Shandee_dee November 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control pills for over 10 years and never experienced a single negative side (other than bloating) until taking Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel, also known as Aviane. It led to near-constant nausea and severe adult acne. A warning to women everywhere: STAY AWAY. Ethinyl Estradiol & Levonorgestrel AKA Aviane also goes by the following brand names: Alesse, Altavera, Amethyst, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Nordette, Orsythia, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Trivora-28"

Anonymous-12345 November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Okay so I'm 15 and I've been on this birth control for almost 3 months. I've never been more emotional or sad in my life. I didn't know what it was until I found this website. My mood swings have been crazy and have effected my relationship. Besides that, my skin is clearer, I've lost weight, my appetite is really small, but my breasts are larger and nothing has changed with my period, it's not lighter or heavier, I'm hoping that changes soon though. I might change to a different contraceptive because the moody thing is way too much but besides that I'm not pregnant so yeah"

Rosex29 November 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for a month now just today starting my second pack. So far this first month I experienced was a little bit of nausea & a lot of pelvic pain & it made me sooo hungry! but no weight gain. I was taking this pill to help me with my horrible heavy bleeding, cyst & horrible cramps but my period this month has been the worst one yet. my cramps are horrible, the bleeding is just as heavy & i'm not passing clots! i'm not sure if it is not helping yet because it's barley my first month ? but the clot part freaked me out a bit."

kryyssss October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I started on Aviane when I was 15. It's got the job done with making sure I don't get pregnant. But all other aspects of it are completely horrible. It makes me way more irritable, I gained 30 pounds( and I'm a healthy person, I always watch what I eat and I exercise ), my acne is worse, I'm moody, emotional, and more sad. It literally makes me crazy. I'm a totally different person on it. I am now 24 and I am stopping it this month. I would never go on it again. But now I am at a loss of what to do because I don't want to get pregnant. I'm thinking of getting the nonhormonal copper IUD but I'm not sure. Any advice would be welcome to. But do not take this drug."

LaurenToloczko (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Aviane when I was 16 1/2 and I've been on it ever since. I'm now 21 and about to discontinue my use of Aviane. It caused me to be emotional almost all the time, I have very little patience, moods swings, I gained weight, it's tough to lose weight, I have constant headaches and my acne is horrible to the point of scarring. Since I was taking this birth control through the toughest of teenage years, I just thought this was who I became. But after doing research and finding this website, I now know I'm not the only one who has suffered through taking Aviane. It did its job with preventing pregnancy, but didn't help with my heavy period and painful cramps. I'm finishing my current pack and it'll be my last."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I've only been on Aviane for a month, and I absolutely hate it. I would not recommend this to anyone. I was taking Aubra before, but wanted to get out of Planned Parenthood. So I went to my family doctor, he gave me this. I have been depressed, have had bad mood swings, absolutely no sex drive, my breasts are very tender, and seem larger and I know I've gained weight. This will be my one and only month on it."

Charlottegirl September 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Ok so I was on the pill at an early age of 16 for PCOS syndrome till about 20 yrs old. I went cold turkey at 20- till 24 and decided to get back on when I got in a serious relationship. It was good the first week or 3. No weight gain, larger breasts, no mood swings...up until the last week of the month. I began have SEVERE anxiety, constant ALL day nausea, and horrible mood swings. I felt so sick everyday and I even went to the hospital. I can honestly say this was the worst experience on birth control I ever had. The stomach sickness and constant hand shaking and anxiety feeling was enough for me to stop this mid packet!"

amylynn01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm almost on month 3 of this birth control and I've not had any problems with it. I haven't experienced any acne or weight gain. I'm just still trying to figure my periods. The first month it came the day I started my first sugar pill. This month I'm on my 2nd sugar pill and no sign of my period, however, Overall I have been very satisfied with this bc."

Annonymous456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2015

Annonymous456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have never felt so depressed as I am now while on this birth control. I am usually a very happy person, but these pills have turned me into an emotional, moody, and easily agitated woman. I have been on it for 5 months and decided to stop it today. In addition to my uncontrollable emotions, this pill has caused severe migraines to the point of vomiting, increase in acne, sleep deprivation, and lack of motivation. My periods are still heavy and I do still experience the same amount of cramping I did when I was not on any birth control. My periods are also still not regulated; some months I have skipped it completely. I am hoping that these side effects don't last after discontinuing the pill, as I've read on many other reviews."

Anonymous September 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for close to 7 months now. I started having sex with my husband around month 3 when we got married and I noticed a decrease in sex drive, a few heavy period days and a few light period days but they were always during the placebo week. I feel hungry at night and in the mornings, and crave sweets more than ever. My weight has been pretty stable. I had a few yeast infections and vaginal dryness and nothing sucks more than telling your husband you can't because it hurts too much within the first month of marriage!!"

MelissaJCH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for over a month now and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It caused my period to come a week early and it lasted more days than usual but I had hardly any pain and it was very light. It also causing me to have no appetite which is making me loose weight which is good :) lol but I have no desire to eat..... at all :("

ZZ Tay September 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I went to the doctor asking for birth control with the simple request for something that wouldn't break out my skin. For some reason, they prescribed me Aviane. Before taking this pill, my acne was mild to moderate. I would break out around my period, but nothing too crazy besides that. After one month of taking this pill my acne has been the worst it's ever been in my entire life. I never used to get acne on my chin, but now my chin has erupted and looks slightly pizza-ish. I have cystic acne like I never used to. I wouldn't advise this pill to someone looking for a BC that will fix acne, because this certainly wasn't the case for me. I will give this pill points because it did regulate my periods and lessened the severity of my cramps."

Linds2347 September 5, 2015