Pill Identifier App

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aviane reviews 213 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Aviane

Review by Whitleyk:

For Birth Control: I really want to switch pills, I was on another pill and I had pleasant results. My pharmacy prescribed me this one because they didn't have the other in stock. It has been awful. My period lasts 3-4 days with no cramping usually. But on Aviane it has lasted 7 days and it's super heavy with cramps. I've been irritable and yelling even about the smallest things. I cry over every little thing that happens to me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 8:43 AM

Review by nurse23 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Aviane for a month now and have no complaints really. It's been great for regulating my periods and providing protection from pregnancy. My period was normal, and I haven't experienced any major weight gain (gained a 1lb or 2) or loss. My breasts are tender sometimes, and I've experienced some swelling. But I'm not complaining about the free breast job. The only thing that has been a bit annoying is that my sex drive has increased, and my libido was high enough to start with. Other than that, it's a great contraceptive that I plan on taking it for a while.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by Louise24:

For Endometriosis: I've been on Aviane for almost a year now, but recently started taking it continuously because of the terrible breakouts and mood swings/depression I was having on a monthly basis around when my period would start. Pros: continuous method (for me) works well at delaying periods and not dealing with the negative, no weight gain (Sprintec made me put on A LOT of weight), easy to use, milder cramps, breasts went up from C's to D's, lighter flow, prevents pregnancy) Cons (with normal use): MAJOR depression like symptoms for 2 weeks of the month, breakouts (I can usually keep them under control), enlarged breasts, feeling tired before period week.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2014 10:17 AM

Review by Breanid:

For Birth Control: Aviane is the second birth control I have taken, but the first that I have actually stuck to for a somewhat long period of time. I first started out with progestin-only Nora-be and I did not like it at all. Upon receiving Aviane, I was fairly excited to start. I heard mixed reviews but decided to start it anyway and let me tell you, I'm glad I did. Aviane has cleared up my acne almost completely. I used to suffer from mild acne and my skin is almost flawless. Also, my breasts seem to have enlarged. I feel like I may have gained weight due to an increased appetite but probably no more than 4-5 pounds which is worth not getting pregnant and having clear skin plus I'm fairly petite. I definitely plan to stay on Aviane for a long time! Love it!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2014 2:23 AM

Review by Paris35:

For Birth Control: At first this pill was fine. I have been on it for 8 weeks. So far have gotten break through bleeding, mood swings, now I am getting slight acne on my cheeks (I never have acne), also was experiencing vaginal burning and tenderness that has seemed to subside. I was really hoping that if I pressed through this would go away. But I'm getting married in 6 weeks! I really hoping these side effects calm down.

May 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Review by Char Bloom (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: For the most part it's been good -- no nasty side effects. However, if you smoke, take caution. Since I've been taking this and have been trying to quit smoking (as birth control increases your risk for heart problems), I've acquired an occasional fluttering heart beat that at times is a bit freaky -- not painful, but certainly something that if it happens often to tell your doctor about. Also, coming up on a year of taking it, it loses its effectiveness. For the past three months I will take it regularly (at the same time every day), and by the third week, I'll get my period. For this reason I plan on switching to something with a little higher of a hormone dose.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Review by Hnc103 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Overall, Aviane works pretty well. My periods are average and I have had no weight loss or gain. The one side effect I have had is terrible acne! My face was pretty much clear when I started (I'd get minor breakouts around my period, but nothing bad). Within a couple of months of being on Aviane, my cheeks started breaking out really badly. I've never even had acne on my cheeks. It's painful and there's scarring. I've tried staying on it in hopes that my body would adjust and the breakouts would stop, but they've only gotten worse.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by SammieB1221 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control regularly for almost a year now. I am very sensitive to the hormones and experienced extreme sickness I mean to the point I was throwing up every morning and on the verge of passing out no matter what I tried to prevent it. I learned that taking it in the morning solved this problem. Negative side affects are that I have a huge appetite (thankfully a high metabolism) constant headaches, worse PMS, no motivation, tiredness, irrational mood swings, and last week I noticed breakthrough bleeding and cramps halfway through the pack. But all in all my periods are short and I'm not pregnant yet! Remember every woman is different.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been on Aviane for about 3 weeks and the longer I've been taking it the less I notice certain side effects. The very first week was Hell. I had the worst mood swings of my life. I was contemplating switching but held on and powered through and now I haven't experienced them! The one thing that I complain about now is that my breasts are VERY tender and I've been a little bit more sleepy

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2014 4:42 PM

Review by Happy user (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 3 weeks. I think it's working, not pregnant yet. It has made my breast a little tender, but no size increase. I started to break out on my face, no cramping, dryness around the vagina, no sex drive at all.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2014 1:51 AM

Review by Anonymous8761:

For Birth Control: 24y/o with some symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/mild depression. Recently started back on Aviane after 4 months of taking it to regulate my hormones. PROS: more optimistic, fewer mood swings, reduced symptoms of PCOS/irregular periods, clearer skin. When I was off it, my cycles had reset and normalized. CONS: longer periods, migraines when on placebo. Active pills are great though, no complaints. Still use a condom for extra insurance.

February 21, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by KatyDid ppppp:

For Birth Control: I was taking Orsythia for a few years then went off birth control for 3 months; when I re-started taking it about a month ago I was prescribed Aviane (which from my understanding is the exact same med as Orsythia). I think it is just my body adjusting to the change of hormones but my hair has been thinning out; I've been shedding a lot extra. I assume it will stop in a couple months once my body adjusts, but was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge if this was normal. So far that is the only bothersome side effect I've ever noticed. I definitely have noticed that when on birth control I do not get acne, but when I am on it I usually have pimples.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Jess5110 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been using Aviane for almost 4 years. It works well for me! No mood swings, short periods, no acne. And most of all I'm not pregnant. My breasts never grew though.

December 5, 2013 9:08 AM

Review by Erica N:

For Birth Control: I've been on Aviane for 11 days now, starting the 1st pill in the pack the first day my period started (Sunday). I've now had my period a full 11 days and it's starting to get really annoying. My sex drive has decreased a bit, I have vaginal itching, burning and redness, and I find myself becoming frequently dizzy. My breasts have become extra sensitive and seem much fuller than normal, my acne/ clearing of face seems the same as before taking the pill, but my mood swings have been the worst. One moment I want to cry, the next moment I'm cheerful and happy towards everyone.

December 4, 2013 9:24 PM

Review by Kat-Kat:

For Birth Control: Aviane was my first and only birth control method. I did not experience any of the negative side-effects, save for some occasional bloating. It didn't affect my mood, and it was fairly easy to use. It's great, and I'm going to start up on it again now that I'm in a new relationship after a year of the single life. I'd still recommend using condoms as well, but from the sounds of it, other ladies find this pill very reliable!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 3:27 PM

Review by jen5309867:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been having a hell of a time finding the right b.c!! Major mood swings cramps nonstop bleeding no sex drive, but so far i like aviane im on my second month, i am no longer bleeding(first pack i did for awhile but my body had to adjust ) no moodswings normal sex drive,breasts a bit tender and larger (not mad about that) appetite a bit bigger but for me thats good I need the gain weight

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2013 8:55 AM

Review by nomkimchi:

For Birth Control: Although it has only been a week of using Aviane, I have to say that I love it. I've been on the patch and it definitely made me moody, to the point where I would cry constantly and randomly. It made me gain 10 lbs in a week and I just hated it so much. Aviane so far, is amazing. I've been at my lowest weight (during my period), I've lost my appetite though, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. No bloating, no break outs, but I am experiencing longer period flow. But it's only been the first week. So fingers cross that this will keep being amazing to me.

October 23, 2013 8:16 PM

Review by JG66:

For Birth Control: I switched to Aviane from Yaz, since the pharmacy told me it was the same but cheaper. It was not! I took Yaz for over 5 years and switched to Aviane, and have been taking it for about 1 year now. PROS: Short period, no mood swings. CONS: My acne is SO bad and getting worse. (I actually have a much more healthy lifestyle than before, so I don't know what else it could be). I need to switch back soon or else my face is going to be wrecked. Also, very low sex drive like almost non existent, which could be a pro or con.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2013 5:18 PM

Review by Agardens (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Though I have only been on Aviane for a week, I just wanted to say that it's great! My breasts got bigger within a day or two of starting the pill. They're a bit sore but it's nothing horrible. I have occasional cramps but they are infrequent and only last a few seconds. I have noticed that I am hungry a lot more often but the key to not gaining weight on birth control is to not give in to the increased tummy rumbles. I had a little bit of stomach bloating the first three or so days of starting the pill but it's subsided now. One more huge benefit I've noticed is that within a day of taking the pill, my mood did a complete 180. I have noticed that, since staring Aviane, I am a lot happier and optimistic. It's great! I highly recommend this pill!

September 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by TinaTeen18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I had taken Aviane for about 6 months straight and I did not like it. My periods were a lot longer, my cramps were very bad, and I started breaking out on my face. I also had a loss of appetite, and felt more tired everyday. I do have to say it did help in preventing pregnancy, but I did not like the side effects. I am going to see if I can change birth control.

July 5, 2013 6:45 PM

Review by KristinReisler (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I was on some other pill, and it made me really sick. It was awful. Then I switched to Aviane and I think it is beautiful. Perfect results so far.

July 5, 2013 2:33 PM

Review by rainstained (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Endometriosis: I suffered from Endometriosis for 5 years or more. I was in my early 20s when I began to be unable to so much as get up from the bed. I was sick to my stomach all the time & in constant pain. I was perscribed a great deal of pain medicines & shots. I went to a different hospital one night & they got me into surgery a week later or so found out mine was Stage 4 (my organs were attached to the left side of my body squeezing my organs with the scar tissue) the surgery took hours. Then I got Lupron shot for 7 months and then was put on Aviane. I had a little breakthrough bleeding at first but the massive pain stopped after I was on the Aviane and Lupron treatment path. Aviane is great but it must be taken at the same time everyday. Thanks

June 3, 2013 10:05 AM

Review by Gypsydalley:

For Birth Control: I've been on Aviane for 3 months now, and I must say I have absolutely 'No' complaints, no weight gain, no mood swings, no dryness, and on the positive side, my moderate acne flares have greatly reduced, my face is less oily, and I have just about 2 new breakouts when on the placebo pills, unlike having a full blown breakout during my periods, I am very happy with this pill.

May 27, 2013 4:42 AM

Review by I love this pill (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: When I first started taking birth control, I was started on Aviane and I really loved it. I lost weight and I went from an A cup bra to a C cup bra in just 2 months. After a year or 2 I go switched to Lessina and I didn't like it! Got horrible headaches, gained weight, and cramps were horrible. After 2 years of Lessina I begged to be switched back to Aviane, and now only after 2 months of taking it I have lost 11 lbs and the cramps and headaches are gone. I do get tender breast while on my period but I rather have tender breast and moodiness and cramps! Oh and my sex drive is up the roof!

May 27, 2013 4:30 AM

Review by brittbreezy92 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Aviane for about 4 years, it has definitely done its job of preventing pregnancy. Unfortunately I have not experienced any larger breast as said by other users of this medicine. I also have not gained weight. The only thing that has changed is I do have light acne as opposed to having no acne before. I absolutely love my Aviane.

May 17, 2013 5:33 AM