User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Birth Control

"I have been having these pills for two month now as a treatment for my PCOS. I am 18 and since I started having this pill my skin went bad and I have had ance all over my face. I have completely lost my sex drive and I don't feel anything during sex. My mood has been funny and I have been sleepy and tired. I wouldn't recommend this pill it totally destroyed my sex life and my face."

habouya May 20, 2016

"I do belive everybody experiences different symptoms. It's my third box of Yasmin and I'm probably gona give it one or two more shots but I'm thinking of quiting it. First box of my pills was a 21 day long nightmare. I had breakthrough bleeding whole month I wasn't even sure when my period started, I had huge intestinal problems. Went for two abdominal ultrasounds because of constant bloating, overly active guts and diarea/constipation (it switched every 2 or 3 days). My breasts, dear Lord, I never felt so tender in my entire life. Luckly, as the next box came, bleeding stopped so did tendernes. I still do feel bloated and gassy but it's lot better. Gonna give it one more shot but I just don't feel it's suiting me."

Anonymus21 May 11, 2016

"It was terrible. I took it years ago when it first came out. Yasmin 28, I think. My mood was down, I had upset stomach all the time. I couldn't handle diary or fats. I always felt anxious. I told my gyno, he shrugged it off as normal. Then the tipping point was when I was on the bus and I started feeling lightheaded and then lost my vision. A friend helped me off the bus where I had to sit and breathe in the cool fall air in order to regain my composure and slowly my vision came back. I stopped the pill immediately after that. My peroid only came back 3 months later and it took years before it was on track again. I went online and many women had same issues and had trouble starting a family after stopping the pill. Dangerous stuff."

CinCinD March 31, 2016

"I don't usually review anything online but I really feel like I need to share my experience with this pill. I was on Yasmin for a year and a half and although superficially it was okay (no weight gain, no acne etc), mentally I went crazy and this seems to be the case for a lot of women. I was anxious, my mind was foggy, I was snappy and overly aggressive (which is very unlike me), and generally just didn't feel myself. I then spoke to a doctor following an anxiety breakdown and they said it could've been due to my pill. I recently changed from yasmin to another pill and it has changed my life. I FINALLY feel myself again and I've realised how much yasmin messed me up. I would not recommend this pill or experience to anyone."

123ks1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 11, 2016

"I just started taking this pill not yet through the first week, and already I'm covered in acne which I never had using the IUD. I decided I didn't want the IUD anymore after the five years were up because it poked my partner and is something I can't take out myself. Anyways Yasmin has caused me crazy acne like teenager status (I'm 25) and has caused me breast tenderness when I used to feel no tenderness at all. I read the reviews about gaining a cup size.. I hope that doesn't happen to me, I already have DD's. We'll see how the next few months play out, but so far NOT IMPRESSED"

Andy Candy (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

"I used Yasmin for over 5 years without any issues. It had no impact on my weight and cleared my skin beautifully - however perhaps gave it a tendency to be a little too dry. When I stopped the pill acne returned very quickly. It worked without any issues as birth control. In the last months, however, I developed nausea to the pills - for some reason simply the thought of taking them gave me nausea, and at some point when I had to take two at the same time I threw up bile the next morning. I continued to take the pills for a little while, but the nausea was clearly associated with them, not any other factor, so eventually I had to switch to a different brand and composition. I would still recommened; they were OK for a long time."

gennan (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2016

"I love how Yasmin clears my acne up without fail (usually within first week). However, second month in and I've experienced terrible depression and feel teary at the slightest things. Feeling down is getting worse and worse as I continue taking it and I'm actually a very happy person which is why I will never touch this stuff again."

Kishkati February 21, 2016

"I have been on a number of pills in the past (aged 28, started 18) - I have been diagnosed with endometriosis so my reasoning for remaining on some sort of hormonal BC was vital to reduce the symptoms. I was placed on Yasmin after experiencing major mood swings/depression on Yaz. Yasmin seemed to reduce these mood swings considerably. Since Yasmin my periods, although regular, have been light and cramping has been reduced/completely absent. Amazing! (5 years on it now). I have been getting migraines for the last 2 years so might have to change my BC again. One's body changes with age, I guess our meds need to too."

InterestedBystander (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2016

"I've tried going on Yasmin twice before after being on different pills (I changed because of weight-gain), but never lasted more than 3 days on it because of the intense mood swings on it. This is the third time trying it and I'm just going on a week and I've never felt worse in my life. I get major mood swings, feel like I'm always on the verge of crying, getting easily irritated, getting jealous/paranoid and have a strange feeling of 'self-awareness'. I'm not happy and will be changing back to the previous pill as soon as possible. Seems to have worked well with others but for me, it's been a nightmare."

Unknown1801 January 10, 2016

"Been on this pill for about 8 months (changed from microgynon) and I've had a mixed experience. Periods are much lighter and less painful than ever before which is much better! However have found if I take pill packets back to back I always get breakthrough bleeding, which I haven't had with previous pills. Boobs have become more sensitive and got bigger, which I don't mind! But it's also meant I've put on almost a stone in 4 months without my lifestyle changing (I eat healthily, exercise regularly, have always had a good metabolism). Which has been really awful for my self esteem. This pill has given me high anxiety, made me feel depressed all the time. Really wouldn't recommend this pill"

Autumngirl7 December 18, 2015

"I went on Yasmin when I was 16, I hated it, the worst thing that I could of done. I was extremely depressed/ irritated/ bloated/ gained 10 lbs/ sleepy/ no sex drive , I would do rather of had a baby and 9 months of normal than go through that kind of depression. we used condoms ever since Stopping and now we are healthy happy and married with 2 kids, to this day still on no hormonal BC."

Better.to.go.natural (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

"I really like Yasmin. I have been using it for nine months and it has been great. It has been great for cramps and I have only experienced slight weight gain (due to increased cravings). The only side effect I had was nausea. I experienced nausea when I took the pill and did not have food in my stomach. If I ate before taking it, it was great! Overall, I have had a great experience with Yasmin."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2015

"I have been on Yasmin for 2 days and I have already experienced very noticeable weight loss and headaches and nausea. Yasmin was recommended to me by my doctor to help ease my pains that I had, everyday, every 2 hours I had horrible cramps that would prevent me from any physical activity. I will continue this packet to be able to determine the outcome of time..."

Andrea523 November 15, 2015

"I started Yasmin three months ago after having the implanon( contraceptive implant) for about 5 years. I switched over because I had started to experience irregular bleeding and just to mention because a lot of women worry about weight, on that contraception I was both oversight and underweight at different times just due to my eating and lifestyle ( don't think contraception made a difference) so far my experience of Yasmin has been good, I never had 'acne' but I swear overnight and since starting it I have not had one more pimple and skin has just felt a lot nicer( not too dry not too oily) I had the initial nausea for about 2 or 3 days and the occasional breast tenderness but hey that's to be expected when you are changing your hormones?"

Ellen93 October 21, 2015

"I didn't think there was a problem, no immediate reactions, 2 years and I'd put on 1st5lb, without changing my lifestyle. My (mild) acne seemed to improve and it was great being in control of my periods. Then I became moody, emotional, combative and depressed. Really depressed. I had migraines at least 3 attacks a month, I had hypertension. And because I had put on so much weight I was trying to lose it, playing football 3 times a week and 2 times a week to the gym, no big difference and I ate less than my slim friends. I don't smoke. I had Hypertension (185/135 being the highest reading). I stopped taking it and now I feel better, lost 10kg, happier, blood pressure is normal. Now I have polycystic ovaries, I blame that pill."

Chlo-bo September 26, 2015

"Yasmin made my skin worse then what it already was, my moods were a bit better but I didn't see a huge change, for me this pill didn't work"

Sandrahicks September 9, 2015

"I was on revigeon pill before for me it was awful I was moody 24/7. Everything and everyone just annoyed me. My family and boyfriend said I'd changed alot!! After 3 months of this stress I finally told my doctor and he put me on yasmin which was for me amazing. I've been on yas for about a month now! I found myself much happier and I felt myself again."

sophhhh August 21, 2015

"Having an awful time with yasmin have been on it about a year and a half have gained about a stone and a half l. Have tender breasts constantly. Sex drive is non existant its putting a strain on my relationship. Have increased 3 cup sizes since i started taking it. Cant wa8t to go see GP and get rid of this awful pill once and for all!"

Roberta x August 14, 2015

"This pill drove me nuts. After starting the first pack, within a few days I started to feel run down, but I persevered, allowing my body to adjust to it. I finished the first pack, took the break and then started the second pack. Hell. I was so nauseous, I really thought I was pregnant. My boobs were sore, I was tired... I was starting to get really scared. Additionally, I am a happy, upbeat person, but on yasmin, I felt sad; like I have never felt before. I could cry at the drop of a hat, I just felt like I was worthless (having never felt that before), and I could see no hope. It was so weird. My boyfriend, who I love dearly, became the most annoying person in the world. I came off it mid pack and within days I was back to myself."

Jeanie10 July 31, 2015

"I have tried Yasmin twice and this time it made me so nauseous that I couldn't go to college so I stopped. Then I decided to suck it up and carry on and I'm so glad I did because the feeling of sickness only lasted about 5 days and now I am fine. I feel that my appetite is suppressed so I don't eat as much. My boobs feel a bit tender and I have gone up a cup size. I am yet to see results on my skin, it's still quite bad but I assume it takes time to clear up. Also my last comment is that I have recently had difficulty breathing and my chest was really tight? The doctor said it is allergy related but I read online it can also be a reaction to Yasmin. My doctor said it was unlikely though."

Katieeeeya July 30, 2015

"This is my second pack, I have never felt worse, microgynon never made me feel so sick, I'm nauseous for a week and a half , everyday! The first pack did not make me sick. My sex drive is none existent now I'm so moody On the upside, I've lost weight."

gabbise (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

"I switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering from almost all terrible side effects including fatigue, loss of libido and mood swing. I have had 4 packs of Yazmin so far. At the first three months, I feel a lot better. I was happier and even had better libido. However, starting from the 4 packs, I started to have some side effects. I am slowly losing my libido and became moody. Yet, my breast seems to be bigger, had shorter and lighter period, and haven't had breast pain and fatigue at all."

Anonymous4515864865 June 4, 2015

"Switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering with headaches, fatigue & loss of libido. However, yaz did not really help to be honest! My periods were heavier and more painful on Yaz, I was moody, had painful breasts but one bonus was they were bigger! Still got headaches too oh and I gained 5lb during 6 mths of using this pill."

Joedi April 28, 2015

"I reccently started the Yasmin pill and at first I honestly didn't think I would be able to carry on with it because it was making me feel so nauseous! I also got really bad headaches which caused me to be really moody. However, my doctor told me to give it a few weeks to settle and for my system to get used to it. I was not happy about this let me say! I wanted to scream at her to feel how ill I felt. It got better though on the fifth day I woke up and I felt fine all of a sudden, all of the side effects I was feeling had just gone. I had terrible skin and it has make my skin so much better and I feel fine now. If you're taking it and you're feeling ill like I did - I know it feels like crap but honestly just hold on cause it will go."

Hannahscoffield April 19, 2015

"Been on Yasmin for 6 months now after years on all other brands under the sun. I have always been fit and healthy but for some reason on this pill and I even thinner. I can't gain weight no matter how bad I eat it's amazing ! The only down side is I am so hungry a lot of the time but it's awesome because it doesn't lead to any weight gain so I can eat as much as I want ! Also no cramps at all and I used to get them bad. Limited headaches. Finally after 12 years if found something that works super well for me"

Montymay March 15, 2015