User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Review Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 209 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Birth Control

"I was on revigeon pill before for me it was awful I was moody 24/7. Everything and everyone just annoyed me. My family and boyfriend said I'd changed alot!! After 3 months of this stress I finally told my doctor and he put me on yasmin which was for me amazing. I've been on yas for about a month now! I found myself much happier and I felt myself again."

sophhhh August 21, 2015

"Having an awful time with yasmin have been on it about a year and a half have gained about a stone and a half l. Have tender breasts constantly. Sex drive is non existant its putting a strain on my relationship. Have increased 3 cup sizes since i started taking it. Cant wa8t to go see GP and get rid of this awful pill once and for all!"

Roberta x August 14, 2015

"This pill drove me nuts. After starting the first pack, within a few days I started to feel run down, but I persevered, allowing my body to adjust to it. I finished the first pack, took the break and then started the second pack. Hell. I was so nauseous, I really thought I was pregnant. My boobs were sore, I was tired... I was starting to get really scared. Additionally, I am a happy, upbeat person, but on yasmin, I felt sad; like I have never felt before. I could cry at the drop of a hat, I just felt like I was worthless (having never felt that before), and I could see no hope. It was so weird. My boyfriend, who I love dearly, became the most annoying person in the world. I came off it mid pack and within days I was back to myself."

Jeanie10 July 31, 2015

"I have tried Yasmin twice and this time it made me so nauseous that I couldn't go to college so I stopped. Then I decided to suck it up and carry on and I'm so glad I did because the feeling of sickness only lasted about 5 days and now I am fine. I feel that my appetite is suppressed so I don't eat as much. My boobs feel a bit tender and I have gone up a cup size. I am yet to see results on my skin, it's still quite bad but I assume it takes time to clear up. Also my last comment is that I have recently had difficulty breathing and my chest was really tight? The doctor said it is allergy related but I read online it can also be a reaction to Yasmin. My doctor said it was unlikely though."

Katieeeeya July 30, 2015

"This is my second pack, I have never felt worse, microgynon never made me feel so sick, I'm nauseous for a week and a half , everyday! The first pack did not make me sick. My sex drive is none existent now I'm so moody On the upside, I've lost weight."

gabbise (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

"I switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering from almost all terrible side effects including fatigue, loss of libido and mood swing. I have had 4 packs of Yazmin so far. At the first three months, I feel a lot better. I was happier and even had better libido. However, starting from the 4 packs, I started to have some side effects. I am slowly losing my libido and became moody. Yet, my breast seems to be bigger, had shorter and lighter period, and haven't had breast pain and fatigue at all."

Anonymous4515864865 June 4, 2015

"Switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering with headaches, fatigue & loss of libido. However, yaz did not really help to be honest! My periods were heavier and more painful on Yaz, I was moody, had painful breasts but one bonus was they were bigger! Still got headaches too oh and I gained 5lb during 6 mths of using this pill."

Joedi April 28, 2015

"I reccently started the Yasmin pill and at first I honestly didn't think I would be able to carry on with it because it was making me feel so nauseous! I also got really bad headaches which caused me to be really moody. However, my doctor told me to give it a few weeks to settle and for my system to get used to it. I was not happy about this let me say! I wanted to scream at her to feel how ill I felt. It got better though on the fifth day I woke up and I felt fine all of a sudden, all of the side effects I was feeling had just gone. I had terrible skin and it has make my skin so much better and I feel fine now. If you're taking it and you're feeling ill like I did - I know it feels like crap but honestly just hold on cause it will go."

Hannahscoffield April 19, 2015

"Been on Yasmin for 6 months now after years on all other brands under the sun. I have always been fit and healthy but for some reason on this pill and I even thinner. I can't gain weight no matter how bad I eat it's amazing ! The only down side is I am so hungry a lot of the time but it's awesome because it doesn't lead to any weight gain so I can eat as much as I want ! Also no cramps at all and I used to get them bad. Limited headaches. Finally after 12 years if found something that works super well for me"

Montymay March 15, 2015

"Been on Yasmin for 5 years. Always had brain fog. Gained 50lbs. Lost hair. Stressed. Appetite went way up. Recently decided to go off the pill. After period I instantly felt better. Sex drive is coming back. Just feel good. Hope it keeps up but I'm not going back."

Anonymous55521 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2015

"I've been on this pill for the past ten years and I love it. I've never had a menstrual cramp in my life, I never feel PMS symptoms (bloating, cravings, moodiness, etc). It has been helpful with acne. One downside is my sex drive has diminished but it's hard to tell if the pill is the culprit as I've been on it ten years. No weight gain from this either!"

Rawvjq (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2015

"I've been taking Yaz for 4 months now, I'm 16 years old. Few complaints, at the beginning this pill caused me horrible nausea and breast pain but that could be due to changing to Yasmin from Microgynon 30. Also I experienced spells of depressive moods which have now cleared up but I often experience mood swings! On a positive note my skin has cleared up massively and have maintained if not lost weight, great pill."

Josiejoe February 16, 2015

"During the first year, severe migraines, it felt like my head was going to explode, mood swings, loss of sex drive."

Joanne Halstead (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2014

"Took Yasmin for 6 months now and had some nausea in the beginning but I think my body is getting used to the pill. Overall, my mood has gotten better, I used to experience mood swings. I'm switching to Microgynon 30 and see how it works for me now."

Alyssesa October 9, 2014

"I have been taking Yasmin for 9 months and I can say that it had protected me effectively against pregnancy. I have read about some negative effects that have been linked to this pill. However, I decided to take it because my mother took it for years without experiencing any side effects. During my first cycle taking the pill, I experienced mild nausea and upset stomach occasionally. However, the symptoms were gone by the time I started my second pack. I have not noticed any changes in my weight or in my mood. I have frequent muscle cramps in my legs, but I am not sure that this is being caused by the pill."

K.M. September 17, 2014

"Mood improved dramatically, PMT gone! Completely, and this was becoming a problem as I'm 40 it seemed to be getting worse. I've lost a few pounds and find it easier to keep my weight down, it must be the diuretic and no fluid retention. Bigger breasts, bit tender but better with time, I've been on it nearly 3 months now. Libido maybe even better, as I feel happier. This is by far the best pill I've been on and I didn't take the pill for years because of the effects of weight gain, and libido. I've tried Mirena twice, awful, mini pill, mini pill injection cap and coil. Finally found one that suits, now my GP won't prescribe it! I will try family planning."

Lolalou (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2014

"I have been on this birth control for about three months. Although my periods are shorter, I have had really bad side effects. It has made me very moody, I have had really bad headaches, and I have experienced major hair loss. It freaked me out and I switched back to my prior birth control."

Anonymous July 22, 2014

"I used Yasmin for birth control reasons as it was the lowest one available to me at the time that didn't cause breakthrough bleeding. It was great for birth control and my skin is very clear after taking it. The main difference I noticed from other pills is that I would always get my period one day early (on the Sun instead of the Mon). I also had terrible mood swings and angry outburts. My poor kids copped the brunt of my moods! I have been off Yasmin for two weeks now and am back to my calm and happy self, and my sex drive has returned. I am 42."

Frosh71 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2014

"Was good for not getting pregnant , but made me feel sick I'm using it for a month now and skin is dark and dirty looking body pains feel tired just sick overall"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2014

"I've been on Yasmin for nearly two years but I've noticed my sex drive has gone and I get moody a lot more but it didn't make me gain any weight I'm going to change pills when I go to the doctors next."

Ffion (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2014

"I gave the Yasmin 10/10 as I started taking it for birth control and I did not become pregnant. But I want to point out some other effects Yasmin had on my body. I originally changed from Microgynon to Yasmin after a period of taking no birth control as I heard Yasmin could improve mood and gives some women a feeling of well-being, which I did experience. Yasmin also gave me slightly larger breasts and I lost about half a stone in weight. The reason I stopped taking Yasmin was because of a sudden dramatic appearance of cellulite on my thighs and bum. I am a UK size 6 and have never had cellulite before in my life (I'm 26), I have been taking Microgynon again for 2mths and the cellulite has completely vanished."

Pomba Gira (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2014

"THOUGHT: Everyone's body is different, but also be mindful and rational about external forces and behaviors causing issues, be mainly with mood/relationship problems. After 2 years off from taking hormonal birth control. I'm about to reach the inert pill week and so far this is what I've experienced: Tender breasts/nipples, but up 1 size; Improved mood (history of mood swings, but they were mainly as teenager, I am now 22); Improved complexion; More intense clitoral sensation; Mild vaginal dryness; Minimal if no weight gain (attributed to increased appetite in general with hormonal birth control); Maybe a mild decrease in libido; No bloating. "

Michi of Avalon (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2014

"My cycles are regulated now which is nice but the part that is driving me crazy is my nipples hurt so bad around the same time every month. I feel nausea, heartburn, same symptoms as a pregnancy. I am going to use for one more month and if it doesn't go away. I am switching."

kcfamily (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2014

"I started taking Ocella (generic for Yasmin) at age 22 when I got married. Everything was great for maybe 2 or 3 years. Then I started experiencing numbness in my right leg and left arm. This past year started having TERRIBLE migraines at least once a week. Due to my family history of breast cancer I decided this past may (6 months ago) to come OFF of Yasmin. To put in short (GOOGLE IT ! ) .... I had a MENTAL BREAKDOWN this past week thanks to YASMIN/OCELLA !!!!!!!!"

ash beeeee November 3, 2013

"I have been taking Yaz for 4 years. I haven't gained any weight and no acne. BUT my sex drive has been completely gone. I just got my blood drawn and my estrogen level is the lowest of the low..my doctor said it's from YAZ. Also, (I just noticed this now) but I have lost sooo much hair since taking this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2013