User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 429 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I'm actually on Laila 35 which is the generic version and it has taken some time for my skin to get where it is but I had horrible cystic acne on my jawline and then just general acne on my face, chest and back. The pill has absolutely cleared my skin to the point where I can go out and not feel like I need makeup. Maybe once I have my scars treated, I might not even need makeup for school. I get heaps of compliments on how much better my skin is and looks, let alone how GOOD I feel. Unless you have acne you wouldn't understand that its not just something on you face that goes away when you use a cleanser, it's a mental thing. Take this and don't expect instant results."

ruby135 April 30, 2016

"The best! Takes a while but keep it up. I had horrendous cystic acne around my chin and lip area. My chin would be all bumpy due to the huge spots I had like the silloeutte of a cauliflower!! 18 months on and it's the best skin I've ever had. Ever time I come off it though (2 kids) my skin goes back down hill. I am very health conscious, eat well, drink plenty of water etc. Nothing made a difference apart from this."

Vicvickie February 19, 2016

"I started Yasmin about a month and a half ago and I feel like my acne has gotten worse! My face is at its worst ever right now, my jawline and cheeks are disgusting. I am also breaking out on my upper back. Not happy. As I am only in my second month of using this pill I am going to continue as others have said by month 4, 5 or 6 their skin has gotten better. Other's have really discouraged me by saying at the end of month one they were acne free!! Not fair!!!"

anni1999 February 16, 2016

"I've been on this pill for approximately for 6 weeks and in the first two weeks I was getting cystic acne- the worst ever ! The acne was occurring mainly on my chin, around my nose and above my lips. Now I'm getting acne on my forehead, as well as weird cravings (which I have never experienced before). My skin looks far worse than before and much like a cookie."

zahraxkx February 15, 2016

"When I was 15 i started on Estelle/Brenda and this helped to clear up my skin as I had both face and back acne that started when I was 14. Although Estelle helped with my skin I also had a lot of water retention, my face became puffy/rounder and I felt like it was harder to lose weight once I had gained it. I decided to go off Estelle for a year when I was 18 and I was able to lose weight quickly but my acne came back straight away. I tried for a whole year to deal with it but just couldn't bear it. Then at 19 I went on Yasmin which was amazing for my skin! Within a couple of months it was completely clear and had no impact on my weight. It is slightly more expensive than other pills but completely worth it!"

EmmJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2016

"Love this pill. Went on it and cleared my skin, but I didn't know that Yasmin was clearing it I thought it was just the fact I was no longer a teenager. Stopped taking this pill to get an implant to avoid periods. Well, it was hell, acne came back full blown and periods were relentless. Went back to the doctor today and got Yasmin again! So excited for clear skin again!"

Yusdeep5729 February 8, 2016

"When I was 13 I had horrible acne and a little over weight. After I took Yasmin for a complete month my acne was just about completely gone and after a couple more months I even lost a few pounds!! I did experience anxiety, but from reading some reviews about Yasmin if you take a multivitamin your symptoms will go away including your sex drive problem caused by the pill. I haven't taken Yasmin for about a few weeks so that I could give my body a rest but I want my Yasmin back!"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

"This is a very good option for acne! I am 18 and I have had acne since around 7th grade. I did not know what exactly was causing my acne.. hormones? the food I was eating? I was not sure but I feel this pill was effective. I am also on solodyn which I love!! And also I use cetaphil to cleanse then moisturize with the silver serum. My routine works very well for me I have not gotten a pimple in a while however I have gotten small bumps along the way. Gaining weight was not a problem at all while taking this.. I even think I lost weight. So I would recommend this and solodyn; they definitely helped with my acne."

Camilaaa99 January 2, 2016

"I was prescribed yasmin 5 years ago for acne, I'd got that depressed with my acne 2 months later got a referral having to pay private for dermatologist to give me to roaccutane as doctors didn't think was severe enough although had major psychological effects on me. It worked wonders cleared acne up in 4 months, I stayed on yasmin for another year skin stayed clear. My doctor told me that due to risk of blood clots taking me off it. I flared up massively which really annoyed me as I was fine on the pill no side effects back and forth for a year my doctor finally agreed to put me back on yasmin 2 months in and my acnes clearing again."

Jade91 December 31, 2015

"I had horrible cystic acne on my chin (5-6 large, angry, agonising, red lumps at any one time) & they started to creep along my lower cheek which is when I decided to take oral contraception to help it stop. Now 6 months on from starting yasmin my skin is better than its ever been and I am only left with slight hyperpigmentation which is easy to cover with makeup. Not 1 new spot this month and NO oil at all! Seriously, not even a shiny nose! Results only started at around 5 months so please, please keep at it. 1st month my breasts grew and hurt alot but by month 2 they went back to their normal size and I felt no more pain. Months 2-4 I had minor whitehead breakouts along my jawline but these disappeared by month 5. Month 6 I am acne FREE"

lilybell December 30, 2015

"I started taking this drug because of moderate to severe adult acne (I am 28) and PMS symptoms (severe depression episodes and irritability that happened like clockwork the week before menstruation). I have been on the pill a month and half and I have already seen an improvement. Regarding acne, I broke out a little bit in the placebo week, but besides that I no longer get the severe acne i used to. I expected it to take at least a few months, so I was pleasantly surprised to see an effect. I also had a light period and did not notice mood swings. I had breakthrough bleeding during the first few weeks, at the beginning more severe and diminishing with time. On the second cycle, there is no bleeding anymore."

Daisy88 November 26, 2015

"Have been on Yasmin for over 4 months now to try improve my acne. I would say my acne has gotten 2-3 times worse than it ever had been in the beginning and I now have spots where I never did before (all along lower cheeks, near jaw area). I have been on dianette before and it was amazing so I shall be going back to it asap!!"

Elle_123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2015

"I'm 16 and I started taking yasmin in August for polycystic ovarian syndrome. My acne was quite bad, mainly on my cheeks and chin where I'd get big clusters of spots. I also had many small bumps on my forehead. In the first month there was no difference skin. By the third month I could start to see some improvement to my skin and the severity of my acne had gone down. By the fourth month I was amazed!! It took about a week into the 4th pack before I only had a few spots on my chin left and no new spots were forming. I'm on the 5th month now and only have a small spot on my chin and have been left with scars which are healing. I'm so happy with the results but I experienced terrible mood swings, which are improving. Overall very happy!"

Roiisee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

"I got really bad acne when I turned 14 and my period wasn't regular and after trying a lot of things I started taking yasmin when I was 15 and my acne started to clear up in two to three months of using it I went off it when I was 17 and the acne came back really badly so I went back on it until I turned 19. I thought my hormones would be normal by then I was off yasmin for 3 months it seem to go good but I didn't get my period at all and then I started breaking out again so I'm back on yasmin since then ."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2015

"changed to Yasmin after using levest for 2 months and breaking out horribly. It didn't really make a difference, I thought it would just be due to the settling in period but I've been on yasmin for four months now. my skin only started to get better towards the end of the third month. I've only really seen a significant difference now I've been using duac for a couple of weeks (I used duac two years ago to clear my skin). I started using duac again during my break week so didn't know whether using the pill and duac together would work. A couple days after I finished my break week I broke out immediately around my chin (where hormonal acne usually is). Also, although my skin is now almost smooth it's marked badly!! :("

ellaward September 25, 2015

"I was on Yasmin for around a year and had no problems with it. It was great and then I started to get breakthrough bleeding so my doctor switched me to Diane which was terrible! I think it was too strong for me because it made me break out like crazy. I didn't have acne to begin with. I then had a break from the pill (skin cleared up completely from almost the 2nd day of stopping the pill) for about 6 months or so and now have gone back on Yasmin and my skin has been breaking out like crazy! lots of small white heads on the left side of my face and some in a little section on my right cheek. They're small but coming up every single day. I'm in the 4th month now and hasn't cleared up yet. Help!! :'("

jva88 September 23, 2015

"Yasmin is a life saver. I would honestly recommend it to anyone with persistent acne. My acne came back when I was 20 after my skin had been completely clear since I was around 16. My GP didn't feel like it was severe enough to put me on strong medication again like I was during my teen years so he prescribed me Yasmin. I have been taking yasmin now for around 8 months and my acne is completely gone. I stopped taking it at one point for about a month because I was away and unable to get a prescription and my break outs started to come back which definitely proved to me that Yasmin actually works. I still get the odd spot here and there but they are always small and easy to get rid of I no longer get cystic spots at all !!"

Rianne12345 September 11, 2015

"Within the first 3-5 months of taking this pill, my skin had got 10x worse! My face was constantly dry (no moisturizer would make it any better), my face was also red and blotchy and very sensitive, followed by cystic acne! I didn't know whether to give up or carry on at this point, but it couldn't get any worse than it already was, so I carried on. Eventually, after the 5th month of taking this pill, my skin had cleared up a lot! I was so relieved. It's now my 9th month of being on Yasmin and my skin is in great condition, I get the odd pimple here and there, but Sudocrem does the job. My acne has completely cleared up and I feel comfortable enough not to wear foundation. Don't give up taking this pill, just give it time!"

Louise192 September 10, 2015

"I've been on it for over 2 months now and I still haven't seen any improvement in my acne, if anything it has been getting progressively worse :(. Can everyone write how long it has taken for yasmin to have an effect because I'm losing hope."

savannah111 September 5, 2015

"It took six months to my skin to get clear. The first 4 months were the worst, but now, I don"

Yasuli August 13, 2015

"I had prescribed yasmin to help with cystic acne and hirtuism as I was told I had pcos. It was great at first I lost about 4/5 lbs my skin started to clear (no crazy initial breakout, phew!) Mood improved, sex drive improved, I was travelling in Oz and eating rubbish but I literally started piling on the pounds, I spent most of my time in Oz feeling bloated, heavy and self concious. After that I started to exercise and eat clean for weeks but could not loose a lb. So I quit after 7 months on it. Put on another 5 lbs! After a long 3 months off yasmine and 7 weeks in between periods I started to loose weight! Skin stayed clear with use of epiduo (recommend) 5 months off and my periods are back to normal and still loosing. Wasn't worth it at all. "

siojenjen August 7, 2015

"i was prescribed dianete for years and my face was beautiful! Bar the odd spot if I had a few too many drinks on a sat night =\ however due to docs weaning women off Dianete because of health issues such as blood clots, strokes they switched me to Yasmin! Worst pill I have ever had! My face looks like a giant Pizza! It's vile, I get up everyday with another spot, angry red ones that lay under the skin so I can't even attempt to get rid of them. I cry all the time, depression is creeping in. I'm crying at TV adverts it's that bad! I will be returning back to the docs to get a new pill."

Lotty8904 August 4, 2015

"I get very sore, swollen, cyst like spots around my chin area, I would only get 2-3 at a time but they were so big & sore! I used duac for a couple of years & this worked, until a few months back when it became less effective. My doctor mentioned Yasmin & thought I would give it a go despite it's mixed reviews & I am so glad I did! My skin has never looked so smooth on my face! I had one large spot a couple of weeks into using Yasmin (this was normal as I always got these at this time of month) however the spot was gone in a couple of days & usually they would be angry & sore for weeks! Since then, I have not had one cystic spot. I used to use microgynon 30 before I switched, & other than better skin, I have had no other noticeable affects"

Amy Leigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

"I'm 17 and I have acne and my periods aren't on a right "schedule" I started taking this pill for 3 years now ( I stopped using it for a while in the middle ) but at the time that I took it, it really did help with my period and it was great! For the skin though I'm not too sure I mean I still get zits ( not really awful zits but their still bad zits ) at times ( though it might be because of the chocolate I eat which I can't get rid of :) ) but overall it wasn't a bad pill but the side effects are really bothering me I have mood swings and tend to cry for any stupid reason when I argue with my mom ( but again this might be because I'm in "teenage years " ) so yeah be aware of the side effects ."

Shyshy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2015

"The first month was the worst. I had the initial breakout everyone talks about. It started to get a little better then I had another bad breakout right before my sugar pills. I skipped the sugar pills and moved straight on to the second month. Now my skin has basically no breakouts on it, just some scarring and redness from my previous breakouts. I hope my skin continues to look better and not breakout. Yay for month 2!!!"

LGlll July 8, 2015