User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 450 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

Review by phoebe17x:

I had really bad acne. I'd cry about it for hours. I would wear a lot of makeup to hide the fact my skin was awful. I'm a very sensitive person so when people nastily commented on my make-up, it hurt. I would think it isn't my fault,it's my skin! I went to the doctors after receiving many acne medications (which had lots of side effects but no results). I was offered Yasmin before but I thought I was too young but it was my last resort before going to having Roaccutane. I was 13. I'm still on the Yasmin. I used to have irregular periods and mood swings. They've stopped and my skin is clear and beautiful now. I stopped wearing the slap and became more confident. I would recommend it!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by catri (taken for less than 1 month):

After having the implant I switched to Yasmin to try and treat my mild acne (generally around chin area ) and it really hasn't helped. I've only taken it for 5 days and my skin is even worse my whole forehead is breaking out, my skin feels greasy. I'm very moody and tired, and feel physically sick if I'm hungry (much like pregnancy symptoms!).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by Mzu:

I'm 19 years old and I have been using Yasmin for 4 months. I started using Yasmin because I saw it was working tremendously for other people. A week after I started my skin was great then I had a breakout. It hasn't disappeared since, instead its making the rest of my skin lighter. I'm worried whether it is working for me or I'm just impatient.

March 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by #acnedrivesmecrazy:

I must say this is GOD sent. I was on Yasmin for polycystic ovarian syndrome and birth control! At first I didn't know that it would help with my acne but it did help.... wow! i Was acne free for the five years that I was on Yasmin. I could actually go out without foundation it was amazing BUT for the past five months I came off the pill because I wanted to start my family, biggest mistake I ever made! My acne came back full blown and even worse than before. In that five months I tried every topical and home remedy but sad to say nothing worked now I'm back on the pill only four days and I'm already seeing a drastic improvement where my acne is concerned.

February 27, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by Paridhi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I was suffering from acne since 12 years. Now I am 27. I had took various costly treatments including chemical peeling and other cosmetic treatments. When I was 25 my skin specialist suggest me Yasmin. I took it for 11 months, in first month I had little bit headache and nausea but in second month there was no discomfort like that. In third month my face was almost clear and at the end (11th month) my skin started glowing there was not a single acne or marks on my face. Friends started asking about my glowing skin. I did not gain weight. But I stopped taking Yasmin after getting glowing skin within on year acne came back. Now I am starting it again.

December 30, 2013 2:12 AM

Review by lidiaaaaaaa:

i used this as a treatment for my acne and pms symptoms. i dont believe it! this medicine is a miracle! my acne is completely gone! ( ive suffered from acne since i was in 4th grade, doctor medicated cream didnt work on my skin! 14 years ive suffered from acne) and noq my acne completely gone, and not only my acne completely gone, my pores also become invincible. say good bye to my nasty oily skin! now i only wash my face with warm water! (no soap no toner or chemicals thing whatsoever) with yasmin my pms sympton and cramps are also gone! this is the best medicine that work! it balance your hormon and reduce oily skin!

November 21, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by Yasminuser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I used Diane for years but my doctor switched me to Yasmin because I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding. Have been on Yasmin for six months and I really do not feel like myself with a consistent moderate depression and angry mood swings. So odd because I am normally a happy-go-lucky person! I was using Diane largely for my acne and it worked but Yasmin has not done anything for my acne either - I have at least two new whiteheads every morning I wake up, which also does not help with the depression! I will be switching back to Diane and exploring other options to address breakthrough bleeding at the end of this cycle.

October 27, 2013 6:46 AM

Review by Zarah A (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started Yasmin about 3 months ago now and seriously had so many side effects- not only did it made my skin worse but I constantly felt bloated, was depressed, I'm usually quite energetic but it made me really sleepy constantly. I'm in my last year of my degree, so it really was not helpful at all! Luckily I found sense to leave the pill and already I feel better, I'm not bloated anymore and generally less tired! I am still in search for something to cure my acne though.

November 24, 2012 3:01 PM

Review by SillyDreams (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've suffered from acne prone skin since I was about 10. And let me tell you after years of suffering from low self esteem and being made fun of I am in love with Yasmin. I've tried Pro-Active and other face cleaners but nothing worked. My face took a month or so to improve, it's not all completely gone, I do get pimples every so often. Yasmin has helped me with emotional issues as well. I'm not so moody and I feel so great on it. I definitely recommend it.

May 15, 2012 12:03 PM

Review by Mrs N:

I started taking Yasmin after experiencing low moods on a previous pill. However, I found Yasmin caused me to experience migraines during the week before my periods and also during the week I was having my period. I also experienced very low and tearful moods which caused arguments with my boyfriend. None of these aspects improved after a few months and I then had to change to another birth control pill.

April 3, 2012 11:56 AM

For the first month and a half I was extremely hungry and gained weight, although I did not realize it and just blamed it on the pill. I was also very tired. Then the hunger pains went away and I started to gain my energy back so I naturally lost weight. The Acne started to go away but now almost finished with the third pack I am having a flare up. It is probably normal and I just need to give it some more time. Overall, I am very happy with this pill and I have been on a few.

October 4, 2011 3:39 PM

I've been on Yasmin for about 4 months now. I love it, my face has cleared and I get little to no cramps. I used to have 8 day long periods and now they are 4-5 days and are much lighter. My hair doesn't seem thinner and I haven't gained weight. I recommend it.

July 8, 2011 11:09 AM

I have been taking Yasmin for the past month due to my dermatologist's recommendation to my mild-severe acne condition. I had never taken any form of birth control before so I had been warned about nausea, headaches etc. However, to this day, I have yet to feel any of those symptoms. I began on the Sunday method and so far I haven't forgotten a day. However, since the first week, my acne condition has totally accelerated for the worst. Where I used to be clear, I now breakout daily. I continue to wash and treat with my doctor's recommendation daily/twice daily, and yet no results. It's aggravating, but I am hopeful that this will only be a phase and soon everything will improve.

July 8, 2011 5:25 AM

I am 25yrs and I have been taking Yasmin for about 5yrs now. I found it very good no menstrual pain, 5 days period, it also helped in some what way with my acne. I gained a few pounds as some people say in the right places, but lately I find its making me cranky and nauseous, because of that I am thinking of trying a new pill.

November 24, 2009 9:49 AM

Review by xobettyox:

I have taken Yasmin for 4 months. 1st month had increased acne, headaches, nausea, tender breasts and slight irritability. Half way through 2nd month skin started to improve and side effects stopped. My period came on 2nd day of taking white placebo pill. Usually the week before my period I have painful cramps and have to take pain killers, this time there was no bloating or cramps and pain. On the 3rd month and my skin is starting to heal and look a lot clearer, periods are normal and pain free. Only mild discomfit half an hour before my period starts. Yasmin will make your skin breakout when you first start taking it, but it will start to improve. After I wash my makeup off I can't believe how clear my skin is.

July 12, 2009 7:17 AM

Review by Beuaty:

I am 24 years old. Before I started Yasmin, I felt like I was trapped in a 47 year olds body; always tired, moody, angry and never seemed to lose weight. I've also tried every acne product know. None of them work (not for me anyway) until one day I saw a commercial on television, about "Yasmin". After talking it over with my doctor he told me to try it and see. WOW! Let me tell you what happen to me. I kid you not, after the 1st week my face was clear, I mean beautiful. I didn't have to ware any make-up and I lost 10lbs within the first month. And for some strange reason, people don't call me bipolar anymore. I tell you Yasmin works from inside out. It is GREAT.

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2009 4:39 PM

Review by wasiefy:

Good.

December 15, 2008 3:05 PM

Review by tubbyx_mom:

I also have a long family line of bad skin. My doctor put my on Retin-A and Yasmin and my skin has never looked better!! I now get compliments on my skin. Yasmin rules!!

June 24, 2008 5:33 PM

Review by Katiebug359:

I am 15 and I had a terrible acne problem, I mean it was bad! I tried Proactive to Oxy and so much more. My mom was spending a lot of money on things that did not work. I went to the dr. He prescribed face pads that didn't work then he prescribed a gel to apply to my face twice a day. The gel worked a little then we went back for the last time and he put me on Yasmin. I noticed a difference about a month after I started taking it. It has also helped with cramps and pms. Thanks Yasmin.

April 2, 2008 2:28 PM