User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 454 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I have been on the Pill Yasmin for 4 years now and i am only 17. I suffered from terrible acne therefor the reason i began taking it and it has been wonderful. Took me 6 months to see a difference but its worth the wait really has changed my life. I can now go out without make up on."

Yasmin Dale (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2015

"Im 17 and I started Yasmin 4 months ago as I broke out in acne and I also had PCOS. This is not good when you do modelling, I was devastated. The doctor also started me on antibiotics to give the pill a chance to kick in. I have mood swings but I think that's pretty normal for a teenager, haven't really changed in my weight, but the great thing is my acne has cleared up, I can go without makeup now. I still get pimple breakouts every now and then but that's also a normal teenage thing. The doctor wants to change me to a milder pill soon, but if I break out again I will be asking to go back on Yasmin>"

Jaz 1 June 22, 2015

"I am 20 and have had terrible skin since I was about 15. After taking the Yasmin pill as well as Duac cream from my doctor my skin is so clear and smooth! Everyone keeps saying to me OMG your skin is amazing! I would definitely recommend it it's been brilliant. Only side affect may be mood swings but even at that I'm still not sure..."

megwilldo May 5, 2015

"I am 20 years old and have had relatively clear skin my whole life. Just over a month ago I had a horrific breakout, the likes of which i'd never seen! Before, I'd stress out over one little spot on my chin whereas now my whole face was riddled with them. I was prescribed Yasmin and just wanted to say - it's not a quick fix! I've been on it almost a month now and I'd say my acne has gotten twice as bad - the spots are mostly comedonal acne and my uneven face and complexion make me extremely self conscious. Following reading the other good reviews, I'm looking forward to the good skin to come, but just needed to say that it's certainly not here yet! Hoping Yasmin follows the rule that "sometimes things get worse before they get better"!"

Charlotte J (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

"I have never left a review for any kind of drug or medication before but felt that I needed to for Yasmin in case there were other people in my situation. I am 21 and have had quite mild acne since I was about fifteen, however, around four months ago (after two years using implanon as contraception) I experienced a terrible breakout. I used every topical I could think of and was borderline suicidal over the state of my skin before my doctor mentioned the implanon can often contribute to bad hormonal acne. I got it taken out that same day and started on Yasmin, and within less than two months I have no active acne whatsoever and am focusing on healing my scarring. This pill has been a godsend for me."

hmgirl April 23, 2015

"I was on yasmin for about 3 years, it completely cleared up my skin. However I was concerned about the blood clotting issue so I changed to first dianne and then to zooley. Both were terrible, I broke out in places I never had before. I'm back on yasmin now, I can't wait till I have beautiful skin again !"

Kittiesty April 22, 2015

"Have been using yasmin for about 6 weeks. I am 25 and have suffered with acne of the face, shoulders and back since I was about 13. Roaccutane isn't an option for me. I don't think I have been on Yasmin long enough to make a fully informed review, but so far my skin has looked notably clearer, I used to get cysts around my jaw and neck which were so painful, along with normal spots and blackheads around my chin and mouth. My skin is still far from perfect, but I have not had any cysts, and only one spot on my chin. Blackheads seen minimised, and I have started using a moisturiser for 'normal' skin, rather than the heavy duty oil control ones as they had become to drying! Side effects: heavier periods, tender breasts. That's all so far!"

Aimez (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

"Yasmin changed my life! For the past year or so I started breaking out due to hormones (it only happened the week before my period) & getting HORRIBLE PMS. About 2-3 days before my period, I would get very irritable and grouchy, to the point where it affected my work and social life. I went to my doctor with these problems & she recommended Yasmin. The first 6wks or so, it was horrible. I broke out even more, gained about 10-15lbs, & that led to a slight depression. But people told me that is just what happens when your hormones adjust to new birth control? I'm really glad I stuck through because my acne is now completely gone and my PMS levels have decreased by at least 75%, feeling SO much better!"

Btm8 April 17, 2015

"I've started using Yasmin because of my mild acne. I'm on my third pack now and so far I can't say that my face is clear. One day it gets better but than the next day it gets worse again. It may be that I just have to wait for a little bit longer ."

12345789 April 10, 2015

"I have been on Yasmin from 2010 till now. It helped clear my acne, though I used other prescribed medication as well. It helped clear my acne to an extent, still get fine pimples. My left foot started swelling 6 years ago, now the right foot started, to an extent I can't walk. Been to the doc and he advised to change my contraceptive pill. This is the second case. Medicine affects you in the long run."

Diva8603 March 11, 2015

"I started on Brenda and it made my mild acne worse. I switched to Yasmin and it cleared it right up, however, 5 months on and my face has started feeling greasy and I'm developing small pimples. I don't know if it's just this hot dry weather. Ps: I stopped doing a 4 step cleansing and treating routine as I thought I had no need. So perhaps it's a combination of those two factors."

Stackahhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2015

"I had really bad acne. I'd cry about it for hours. I would wear a lot of makeup to hide the fact my skin was awful. I'm a very sensitive person so when people nastily commented on my make-up, it hurt. I would think it isn't my fault,it's my skin! I went to the doctors after receiving many acne medications (which had lots of side effects but no results). I was offered Yasmin before but I thought I was too young but it was my last resort before going to having Roaccutane. I was 13. I'm still on the Yasmin. I used to have irregular periods and mood swings. They've stopped and my skin is clear and beautiful now. I stopped wearing the slap and became more confident. I would recommend it!"

phoebe17x September 4, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After having the implant I switched to Yasmin to try and treat my mild acne (generally around chin area ) and it really hasn't helped. I've only taken it for 5 days and my skin is even worse my whole forehead is breaking out, my skin feels greasy. I'm very moody and tired, and feel physically sick if I'm hungry (much like pregnancy symptoms!)."

catri (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2014

"I'm 19 years old and I have been using Yasmin for 4 months. I started using Yasmin because I saw it was working tremendously for other people. A week after I started my skin was great then I had a breakout. It hasn't disappeared since, instead its making the rest of my skin lighter. I'm worried whether it is working for me or I'm just impatient."

Mzu March 21, 2014

"I must say this is GOD sent. I was on Yasmin for polycystic ovarian syndrome and birth control! At first I didn't know that it would help with my acne but it did help.... wow! i Was acne free for the five years that I was on Yasmin. I could actually go out without foundation it was amazing BUT for the past five months I came off the pill because I wanted to start my family, biggest mistake I ever made! My acne came back full blown and even worse than before. In that five months I tried every topical and home remedy but sad to say nothing worked now I'm back on the pill only four days and I'm already seeing a drastic improvement where my acne is concerned."

#acnedrivesmecrazy February 27, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was suffering from acne since 12 years. Now I am 27. I had took various costly treatments including chemical peeling and other cosmetic treatments. When I was 25 my skin specialist suggest me Yasmin. I took it for 11 months, in first month I had little bit headache and nausea but in second month there was no discomfort like that. In third month my face was almost clear and at the end (11th month) my skin started glowing there was not a single acne or marks on my face. Friends started asking about my glowing skin. I did not gain weight. But I stopped taking Yasmin after getting glowing skin within on year acne came back. Now I am starting it again. "

Paridhi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"i used this as a treatment for my acne and pms symptoms. i dont believe it! this medicine is a miracle! my acne is completely gone! ( ive suffered from acne since i was in 4th grade, doctor medicated cream didnt work on my skin! 14 years ive suffered from acne) and noq my acne completely gone, and not only my acne completely gone, my pores also become invincible. say good bye to my nasty oily skin! now i only wash my face with warm water! (no soap no toner or chemicals thing whatsoever) with yasmin my pms sympton and cramps are also gone! this is the best medicine that work! it balance your hormon and reduce oily skin!"

lidiaaaaaaa November 21, 2013

"I used Diane for years but my doctor switched me to Yasmin because I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding. Have been on Yasmin for six months and I really do not feel like myself with a consistent moderate depression and angry mood swings. So odd because I am normally a happy-go-lucky person! I was using Diane largely for my acne and it worked but Yasmin has not done anything for my acne either - I have at least two new whiteheads every morning I wake up, which also does not help with the depression! I will be switching back to Diane and exploring other options to address breakthrough bleeding at the end of this cycle."

Yasminuser (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2013

"I started Yasmin about 3 months ago now and seriously had so many side effects- not only did it made my skin worse but I constantly felt bloated, was depressed, I'm usually quite energetic but it made me really sleepy constantly. I'm in my last year of my degree, so it really was not helpful at all! Luckily I found sense to leave the pill and already I feel better, I'm not bloated anymore and generally less tired! I am still in search for something to cure my acne though. "

Zarah A (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2012

"I've suffered from acne prone skin since I was about 10. And let me tell you after years of suffering from low self esteem and being made fun of I am in love with Yasmin. I've tried Pro-Active and other face cleaners but nothing worked. My face took a month or so to improve, it's not all completely gone, I do get pimples every so often. Yasmin has helped me with emotional issues as well. I'm not so moody and I feel so great on it. I definitely recommend it."

SillyDreams (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 15, 2012

"I started taking Yasmin after experiencing low moods on a previous pill. However, I found Yasmin caused me to experience migraines during the week before my periods and also during the week I was having my period. I also experienced very low and tearful moods which caused arguments with my boyfriend. None of these aspects improved after a few months and I then had to change to another birth control pill."

Mrs N April 3, 2012

"For the first month and a half I was extremely hungry and gained weight, although I did not realize it and just blamed it on the pill. I was also very tired. Then the hunger pains went away and I started to gain my energy back so I naturally lost weight. The Acne started to go away but now almost finished with the third pack I am having a flare up. It is probably normal and I just need to give it some more time. Overall, I am very happy with this pill and I have been on a few."

Anonymous October 4, 2011

"I've been on Yasmin for about 4 months now. I love it, my face has cleared and I get little to no cramps. I used to have 8 day long periods and now they are 4-5 days and are much lighter. My hair doesn't seem thinner and I haven't gained weight. I recommend it."

Anonymous July 8, 2011

"I have been taking Yasmin for the past month due to my dermatologist's recommendation to my mild-severe acne condition. I had never taken any form of birth control before so I had been warned about nausea, headaches etc. However, to this day, I have yet to feel any of those symptoms. I began on the Sunday method and so far I haven't forgotten a day. However, since the first week, my acne condition has totally accelerated for the worst. Where I used to be clear, I now breakout daily. I continue to wash and treat with my doctor's recommendation daily/twice daily, and yet no results. It's aggravating, but I am hopeful that this will only be a phase and soon everything will improve."

Anonymous July 8, 2011

"I am 25yrs and I have been taking Yasmin for about 5yrs now. I found it very good no menstrual pain, 5 days period, it also helped in some what way with my acne. I gained a few pounds as some people say in the right places, but lately I find its making me cranky and nauseous, because of that I am thinking of trying a new pill."

Anonymous November 24, 2009